Chapter Eight: That Panda? (aka A Day With the Boys Part: 2)

~Living Arrangements~

Shoving the door open I threw myself out of the stuffy, overcrowded vehicle. I inhaled deeply and dramatically, breathing in the fresh air that wasn’t being shared with five other people in a confined space.

“I can breathe! Thank the Lord!” The boys laughed at my display. We were all already comfortable with each other, like we’d known each other for months instead of barely two hours.

“I think your car’s a little too small for Mi Sun, Key,” Jonghyun chuckled once more before going to pay for his ticket. Everyone pitched in, but when I went to place my share on the counter a hand pushed mine back.

“Don’t you even dare. I’m paying for the both of us,” Minho scolded.

“But-” I tried to argue, there was no way I wouldn’t pay when everybody else was. It just wouldn’t be right.

“No. I’m paying and that’s that.” I bowed my head feeling like a kid who got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. Shoving my money back into my pocket, I followed my newfound crew through the large, colorful entryway into hell. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing wrong with the food, games, and scenery. It’s the rides I don’t like. I mean, haven’t you heard the stories of the people who died or got a limb chopped off on those things?! I wasn’t about to risk my leg or my life for a rollercoaster.

Despite all my protests I was dragged to one of the rides. This one wasn’t too bad, I guess, if you like that sort of thing. It’s just a big boat that rocks back and forth. Not too scary. We went on a few more rides like that, which I was totally cool with, that is until I stared up at the tall, never-ending winding tracks of the largest rollercoaster in the park. I gulped and looked away, begging them with my eyes to not make me go on this ride.

“C’mon Mi Sun! It’ll be fun!” Taemin led the way, and we all followed, reluctantly in my case.

We got to the front of the line and were seated. Taemin and Onew sat in the very front, with Key and Jonghyun behind them. Minho and I were third behind them, and as the bars locked down and my seatbelt was buckled, I could feel myself break out into a cold sweat. The ride creaked to a start, rising ever so slowly. It went up, higher and higher until the people down below were the size of ants.

Minho seemed to sense my fear, for right before we approached the drop he took hold of my hand, gripping tight.

~

It’s embarrassing to admit that I clung to Minho throughout the entire coarse of the ride, but I did. It does make me feel a bit better at the fact that Key screamed louder than I did, and apparently held onto Jonghyun, but still. They guys weren’t even watching or anything. At least I didn’t puke.

“Ok guys, I think that’s it for the rides. At least for me and Mi Sun,” Minho wrapped a reassuring arm around my shoulder.

“But we barely even rode any!” Taemin protested, with Onew and Jonghyun agreeing.

“Well you can go on a few more, and Mi Sun and I will walk around and get everyone something to eat, alright?” Everyone but Key nodded.

“I think I’ll go with you,” Jonghyun and Onew tried to drag him along, but I saw how petrified the poor man was and I stopped them.

“Let him go.” I gave them a cold stare and placed my hands on my hips, like my mother always did when she scolded me and my sister when we were little. It worked, just like I knew it would. They released him and apologized immediately.

“Minho, your girlfriend is scary,” Jonghyun pouted like a baby before Onew and Taemin dragged him away to some death trap.

So, where to first?” I aimed the question at Key, but got an answer from Minho.

“Over here.” He pulled me along, gently so Key wouldn’t be suspicious. I looped my arm with his to make it look more natural, and less like he was dragging me unwillingly. We wandered around, making idle chatter and looking at all the families and couples roaming the place.

About forty minutes later, Onew called Key to tell us to meet them by the cotton candy stand. I heard someone screeching, and turned to see Jonghyun and Taemin jumping up and down and flailing their arms in the air, obviously trying to get our attention.

“Well that was easy,” Minho chuckled to himself as we headed over to them.

“You guys really missed out on the fun. The rides were so freaking amazing! What a rush!” Taemin rambled on and on about how cool the rides supposedly were.

“Yeah, I’m sure they were.”

“Then you should come ride them with me! It’ll be fun~” He tried unsuccessfully to get me to go on the roller coasters, all the while the rest of the boys were arguing over who had to buy the food.

“I did it last time, so someone else should do it,” Key said.

“But I made dinner last night,” argued Jonghyun.

“Yeah, if instant ramen counts as making dinner,” Onew mumbled under his breath.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jonghyun shouted. They really are like huge babies. I decided it was about time to step in. Besides, it’d get me away from being dragged onto any rides by Taemin.

“Boys, I’ll handle it. Just stop bickering.” They all agreed with it, but Onew seemed to feel guilty.

“Wait, Mi Sun. Let me go with you. What does everyone want?” I heard a chorus of ‘burgers!’ all at once. They must’ve been together for a while to be so in sync with each other.

Onew and I headed over to the burger stand, but there was a line, so we went to look for some other place.

“So,” I looked to him as he spoke. He was staring forward, not meeting my gaze. “Are you and Minho really together?”

“Wha-…o-of course we are! What are you saying?” The question caught me off guard, causing me to slip up and stumble over my words.

“Ok, whatever you say. I was just asking. Look, here’s another place.” We got the food and walked back in an awkward silence. At least it was awkward on my part.

The boys devoured the food quickly, to say the least, and ran off to go on more rides. I couldn’t stop them from taking Key this time. I just hope he doesn’t throw up.

“Do you want to play some games?” Minho and I were just sitting on a bench when he asked. I said yes. I mean, anything to get out of just sitting here with him. It was just weird for me.

“I’m not very good at them, though.” It was true. I lost to him at every game we played. He just laughed at me, which made me angry at first, but after a while I was having fun despite losing and we’d laugh together.

As we passed this one booth, the cutest little stuffed panda caught my eye. I didn’t know that I had stopped, but Minho did. He noticed what I was staring at, and gave the man a dollar.

“What are you doing?”

“You want the panda, right?” He smiled, grabbing one of the three baseballs.

“Minho, let’s just go. I don’t need it.” I grabbed his arm, trying to pull him away. He gently pulled his arms out of my hold and simply pulled his arm back, and threw the ball. In one shot, he knocked down the three bottles that were stacked on top of each other. The vendor asked which prize he wanted and he pointed to the panda silently. He handed it to me, and I hugged it to my chest, burying my face in it to hide my embarrassment. Nobody’s ever won me anything like this before.

“Thanks.”

It was getting darker, and I looked at my watch to see that it was already 7:00 at night. We’d been here for the whole day.

“Let’s go on one more ride, alright?” I tried to refuse, but he wouldn’t take no for an answer. I was led to a ferris wheel, with sparkling lights decorating it.

“Whoa,” It was beautiful. We got onto one of the cars and rode it in silence, watching the gorgeous view. When we got off, I was still amazed by it.

“I just wanted to say thanks for this. It was a lot to ask for, but you did your best. I hope we can be good friends.” The smile he gave me then was genuine, it reached his eyes and warmed up his entire face, making him even more handsome than he was before and giving me a warm feeling.

"Me too."

 

So soso sorry for the wait! you know, there's school and exams and all that but it is here, and i hope you like this one. It took me a while to write, but im proud ofhow it turned out