Chapter Five: Taemin, A girlfriend?

~Living Arrangements~

The next morning I woke up fairly early, at about seven or eight o’clock. Minho wasn’t home, much to my surprise. He must go to college or something…..*sigh* I wish I was so lucky. I made my way into the kitchen, and remembering the lack of food in this household, I grabbed the carton of orange juice and finished it off. Wiping my mouth with my sleeve I tossed the empty container into the trash and went to get ready for the day. I showered and dressed simply, in jeans and a sweater, before finally getting around to finish cleaning the bathroom. Doing that only took about a half an hour, leaving nearly the whole rest of the day to finish my other tasks.

The kitchen was my next target, and just thinking of it I almost puked. All of the mold and rotting old food was just disgusting and smelled terrible. I cleaned off the table first, then tackled the dishes. By the end of that there were bubbles all over and my fingers were all prune-y. Next I cleaned off the counters, and had to wash the sticky surface. Before mopping the floors I threw away the only thing left in the fridge: the moldy sandwich. When the floor was nice and washed I took the trash, the spare key, some money, and went outside or the first time in over twenty-four hours.

Putting the trash down I huffed in exhaust. Cleaning is harder than I thought. And it makes my skin all dry and wrinkly. Stop your complaining! You need to it up, because you don’t have anywhere else to go now do you? Just be grateful that Minho-ssi was kind enough to allow you to stay in his home when all he wanted was someone to clean it.

During my internal rant, I found my way to a grocery store and started shopping for food to stock the fridge with back at Minho-ssi’s place. It’s your place now too.

I began to feel that prickly feeling I get whenever someone’s looking at me. Turning, I saw a friendly looking boy looking at me and smiling brightly. When he realized he was caught staring he waved enthusiastically and ran over to where I was.

“Annyeonghasaeyo! I’m Taemin, what’s your name?” He bowed so quickly he almost lost his balance.

“Uh, Mi Sun..what’re you-” my sentence broke off when he cut in.

“Are you living with Minho-hyung?” My eyes widened slightly, surprised that he knew that. Now that I think about it, his looks like the head that I saw Minho-ssi shoving out the door yesterday.

“Actually I am. By any chance were you over at his place yesterday?” His eyes widened before he smiled again and nodded.

“I was, but I didn’t see you there noona. *Gasp* did hyung talk about me?!? What’d he say, huh?”

“Um, no he didn’t say anything,” his face fell. “I just saw you right as you were leaving. But how did you know who I was?”

“Oh, hyung told me about you. He said not to say anything to anyone though, but I think that it’s okay if it’s just you, noona.”

“How old are you, by the way,” I asked, curious since he kept calling me noona. He did look about my age, though he acted younger.

“Me? I’m twenty! I’m a man now.”

“Ah, twenty? Sorry to disappoint, but I’m not noona then.” Taemin’s smile weakened, but only or a spilt second before it regained its full glory.

“Wait, so does that make me oppa?” He nearly quivered with excitement, which makes me sad to crush his hopes.

“No, we’re the same age. I’m twenty, too.” I flashed him a small smile, glad to see that he wasn’t too upset about that.

“Ah, well that’s cool too, I guess!” His phone vibrated in his pocket and he excused himself to speak with whoever was on the other line. After a few brief minutes he came back, only to say goodbye. He left, waving and walking backwards out of the store, bumping into a few things on the way before he finally turned around.

What an odd kid…

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

(Minho’s POV)

Taemin will not stop talking about some girl he met at the store today. I don’t see how he can still be talking about this, twenty minutes later when he was only gone for ten minutes, and only talked to her for about five. Don’t get me wrong, I love the kid like my brother, but he is really irritating me right now. On top of it all he keeps sending me these weird glances, and giggles like he knows some big secret involving me. It’s freaking me out.

“…and hyung, did I tell you her name?” I shook my head, tuning back in to what he was saying. “It’s Mi Sun. She said she’s twenty like me and-” I felt my eyes widening as they snapped to look at him. Maybe it isn’t her though. I thought, seconds before that idea was smashed into a billion pieces.

He lost it then, laughing hysterically. Taemin lifted his hand and pointed at me, tears running down his cheeks.

“You should’ve seen your face! I knew it was her, Key-hyung was right! I don’t know why you even tried to keep it a secret that your girlfriend is living with you, it was really quite obvious. She even admitted it herself!” His laughter had calmed by now, and he used his sleeve to wipe the moisture off of his face.

“Girlfriend?” I questioned. Since when was she my girlfriend?

“Yeah, Mi Sun. She is your girlfriend, right? I mean why else would she be living with you?” I really didn’t want to admit that I hired her as a maid, and seeing as my parents are always on my case about finding a girl, maybe I can use this to my advantage.

“Yeah, you’re right. She is definitely my girlfriend, I wouldn’t just let some stranger live with me now would I?”

We laughed about it, mine being only slightly strained. For the moment, I’ve decided to put this out of my mind and focus on work.

-

On the way home, I began thinking about what I told Taemin earlier.

How am I going to explain this to her?

 

~sorry it took so long!!! school and everything, but i had a few days off for thanksgiving, so i worked on this. it took me a while, and i dont really like it that much, but here it is! comments and subscriptions are always nice, too! <3 love you~