THIEF OR KNIGHT?

CHASING HAPPINESS

 

After the incident where that Donghae touched and squeeze Eunhyuk’s hands, the later maintain his distance and he is not giving Donghae any chance to talk to him, he is scared on what he will do to him but he is more scared on how his body reacts to this stranger.

On their first meeting he awaken every senses in his body, on their second meeting a simple touch sends electricity to his body. Which was totally new to him.

But even if he gives him cold treatment whenever he is in the bakeshop – which is everyday – he can’t help but steal a few glances on this stranger.

The way he sits like a prince on their oh so ordinary chair, the way he smiles as if paparazzi are in there to take a good photo of him, how he eats, how well dressed as if going for a business trip.

Eunhyuk let out a deep sigh, he can’t find anything bad about this guy except that he is some sort of a crazy guy.

“What was that suppose to mean?”

“What?” Eunhyuk acted innocent, he didn’t know his brother was nearby.

“The one you just did.”

“Ahh… it was nothing, maybe I’m just tired.”

“Well you are rest early today, remember we are going to a birthday party.” Sungmin smiled at the thought of the party.

“I don’t know if I can go to that party. There are a lot of things to do in here and I just can’t leave it all behind.”

He looked at the work area to emphasize the things to do he was referring, the baking tools still needs to be washed, the table had some flour and he still need to mop the floor.

There are only two of them who run their small bakeshop, their parents were the one who started it but since they are old the two brothers decided to take over, they open at 6 am – 8 pm during the weekdays and 8 am – 8 pm during the weekend.

Eunhyuk is the baker and Sungmin is in charge of the counter. And both them clean the area after their closing.

“The party won’t end early anyway so you can still come, we prepared a surprised for Shindong and it will not be good if you are not in there.”

Eunhyuk give his brother an assuring smile. “You were the one who planned for that party so I know it will work.”

Sungmin pout his lips, “But still you are not in there.”

Eunhyuk patted Sungmin’s shoulder, “You don’t have to feel bad, and besides you don’t need me in there you are already a great event planner. Shindong will be very happy on his party; just don’t forget to bring the cake I baked for him.”

He then looks at his watch and then looks at his brother “It’s already 6 why don’t you get ready and go to the party.”

“Isn’t it early? And what about you? Who will help you in here?”

“I can take it from here, few costumers came at this hour so it won’t be a lot of work.”

He already turns his back so that Sungmin won’t complain anymore. He continues on serving costumer and from the corner of his eyes he tried to see if that guy named Hae is leaving or what.

Well what he doesn’t really know is if he wants him to leave or if he wants to be alone with him. The last one is totally out of character and is not a good thing to do or to just to even think about.

When Sungmin left after long minutes and thenthe number of their costumer also decrease. To his dismay one of those that left is Hae.

So with a heavy heart, he closed early and cleans the bakeshop. The way he mops the floor is like punishing himself. It only took him less than an hour to finish which usually took an hour to finish if it's the two of them.

Before he locks the shop he notice a car on the road, it was shaded by a big tree that is why he can't see it clearly.

What is that car doing in here? 

His heart beats so fast thinking that it might be some bad person.

Then someone step out of the car, base on his built it is clearly a man, maybe same height as he is or taller and he is walking towards him! 

Eunhyuk panic and he tried to put the lock on the door but it slips out of his hands and fell on the ground. 

He knelt to the ground to pick up the lock, he is really scared right now. Seconds from now that man will be attacking him or something. He a deep breath when he sees a shadow beside him. He shuts his eyes.

Oh God what should I do? 

Then the man touches his shoulder. Eunhyuk jerked and he covers his head with his hands. He was now facing the man.

"Please don't hurt me! I can't give you any money because I don't have that much, maybe few! Please don't do something bad at me!"

His hands instinct cable cross his chest to cover it.

Eunhyuk waited for any action but the man did not even move, he brave himself up and look at his face, but it was too dark to even see anything just his built.

The man raised his hand to touch Eunhyuk again.

Eunhyuk close his eyes, he was so scared he does not know what he should do.

"Please don't! Please don't hurt me!"

The man's hand stop in mid air, he watch Eunhyuk's reaction, he doesn't know if he will laugh or pity him. 

He wanted to calm him down so he let out a deep laugh.

Eunhyuk hears a laugh and opens in eyes. All he sees is a man who is laughing like a maniac! And it scares him more than ever!

He then calculated how long it will take him if he runs away. At this hour there are few people who are passing in their area and if he is lucky he can ask their help. He then remembered the news about the thief who hurt his victims. He tried to recall the self defense his brother taught him. He can smack his face or give him a blow on his groin and then he have to run fast. 

This guy must be crazy, he was laughing at me! But I can't let him hurt me. 

Eunhyuk did not know where he get his courage to stand up and try to hit the man but he knew he have to escape him! 

He aimed for his face but he just grabs his fist and used that to pull him closer to him. 

Eunhyuk didn't have anything to do but to scream for help.

"HELP!!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!" 

His scream was like a knife that cuts the stillness of the night.

Eunhyuk keep on screaming while his free hand was trying to beat the guy.

"Hey stop! Stop! What are you doing Eunhyuk?" 

Eunhyuk stop fighting when he heard the man speak. His voice is very familiar aside that he called my name! 

"Don't you recognize me?" the man sounds hurt.

Eunhyuk tried to see his face, it was dark and he can't really recognize him.

"No. Who are you?" he tried to be sound calm.

"Haist!" then he let out a deep sigh and then he drags Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk panic again, he was being drag now! 

"Wait! Wait!" Eunhyuk was pulling his arm but it was all in vain because his grip was so strong and he was so persistent.

The man drags her for at least 50 meters on the area where there was light post. He holds his shoulder so that Eunhyuk will face him.

"Look at me, now you recognize me?" 

He looks at his face and then he his breath. How can it be that the bad guy is him!

"You! What do you want?" he tried to appear angry for making him look stupid.

Donghae scratch the back of his head and smile.

"When I left I notice that the lamp post in front of your shop was busted so I waited in here to make sure that you're okay." 

"You did that? Why?" Eunhyuk feels really guilty and not to mention stupid.

"Your brother is not around and I don't think it will be wise to leave you behind." 

Eunhyuk look at his eyes as if searching for the meaning behind his actions.

 

"I don't want anything bad to happen to you." Donghae tried to show how sincere he is while saying those words.

Eunhyuk feel as if his heart had been touched by a warm hand. He doesn't want to show how glad he was, he look away so that he will not see the twinkle in his eyes and the smile he tried so hard to hide.

"I'll be fine, if you did not scare me." he continues to pretend angry. "And you even laugh at me!" 

"I want to lessen your fear that is why I laugh." 

"Well sorry but your plan backfire." Hyuk was mocking him.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you." Donghae become serious.

Donghae held his hands. "I want to make sure you will go home safe. I owe it to myself." 

Eunhyuk feel as if he was a princess and Hae was his knight who will do anything to save her.

"Let me take you home." Donghae drag Eunhyuk again to his car. Eunhyuk was protesting but Hae did not listen to him. "Wait for me in here."

He left him and pick up the lock on the ground he proceed to the bakeshop door and lock it. In a swift move he was with Hyuk again.

He opened the door of the passenger seat. Donghae pretended to be deaf for he does not listen to Eunhyuk's protest.

"Have you eaten already?" he tried to make a conversation.

"I'm fine, I just want to rest."

Donghae nod his head, again Eunhyuk is not in the mood. 

"Will it be okay if I play some song?"

Eunhyuk just make a sound to answer his question. He know that it is rude but he have to do this things to get a grip of his heart and not to give Hae a misunderstanding on the situation. He look out the window being with him in this car makes him feel as if they are close to one another but in his head he know he should not be doing this.

Donghae played a song and he sings parts of the song. 



                                And I got all that I need

                        right here in the passenger seat.
                        And I can't keep my eyes on the road

                         knowing that he's inches from me.
 


Eunhyuk did not want to look at Hae but he does not know how it happen that when he start singing he cannot stop himself from moving his head to face him and watch him while he drive and sing. 

He has a very good voice. Is he singing that song for me?

He blushed and looks away. He was thankful that the car was dark so that he will not see how red his face was. 

His heart beats so fast. 

How can it be? How can a simple song make his heart beat this fast? This man is really dangerous for even in his most simple ways he is trying to get in his heart.

 

 

 

 

A/N i'll be happy to hear your comments ^^