Goobye, Memories and Ring

CHASING HAPPINESS

 

Donghae was dumbfounded about what happen, he knows that Eunhyuk will be angry with him and that he will have to explain his side but what struck him is when he said goodbye.

He just stands in the street watching Eunhyuk turn his back and walk away from him, walk away from his life. He clutches the ring in his palm. He watches him walk until he can no longer recognize him from the people walking on that busy street.

“Eunhyuk wait…”  Donghae tried to call him but he doesn’t know why he can’t even make his voice louder. “Wait…”

People start bumping into Donghae who haven’t move in his position but it was as if he doesn’t even feel the pain when people bump into him. A man accidentally slams into him that causes him to loss his balance and fall on his knees. Donghae was surprised by his fall that he unknowingly let go of his ring. He watch as it roll from his hand and on the street.

Donghae panicky crawl to get his ring back he doesn’t mind even when people step on his hands for trying to reach his ring or for the others who think he was crazy for crawling on the street. When he finally caught the ring someone step at his hand. He wails out of pain but refuse to let go of the ring.

 He finally stands up and that’s when he realized that he is in the middle of the street and traffic signal had a green light turn on for the vehicles. For a moment he doesn’t know what to do and somehow at the back of his mind he just wants to stand there to end everything since the reason for his living is already gone. As if he become deaf from all the noises people are saying warning him from an approaching vehicle.

He closes his eyes as and waits for the car to hit his body. He was as if dreaming and remembering when he was young in this town with Eunhyuk, how happy he is with him and the moment when Eunhyuk left him.  A tear roll down on his cheeks. ‘Goodbye Eunhyuk… I love you always.’ 

He was awaken by a loud honk from the car and the scream of people who stop to see what he is doing.

“ARE YOU CRAZY? DO YOU WANNA DIE?  WHY IS IT SO EASY FOR KIDS LIKE YOU TO GIVE UP EASILY AND CHOOSE TO END THEIR LIFE?” the old man on the vehicle stops before would even hit Donghae’s body.

“IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM THIS IS NOT THE BEST SOLUTION FOR THAT! YOUR PROBLEM WILL NEVER BE SOLVE IF YOU KILL YOURSELF. WHY DON’T YOU FACE YUR PROBLEM AND CHASE WHATEVER YOU WANTED!”

Donghae was surprise to her what the old man was saying… it struck him that he was giving up on the things he ever wanted. He looks at the man on the car. The man honks his car once again when Donghae didn’t move.

“MOVE ASIDE YOU ARE CAUSING TRAFFIC! YOU CRAZY KID!”  The old man was cursing already but Donghae doesn’t care about it. He move to the side to allow the vehicles to move everyone was giving him a bad look and yelling at him others have concern look on their faces.

As the car dashes away Donghae mumble his gratitude. “Thank you sir, for showing me how stupid I am for giving up on him and for sparing my life. I’m not going to let everything go to waste.”  

Donghae turn his head to look at the people who have just witness stupidity and weakness but they just give him an indifferent look and continue walking. He stares at the ring in his palm and continue to walk.

‘I am not going to give up. I have waited sixteen years for this. You may have said goodbye to me but not for long Eunhyuk.’

 

Pair of eyes watches Donghae from a distance and unlike the others this one is full of concern and pity for him. She maneuvers her car to follow him scared that he might do another stupid thing.

 

Eunhyuk decides to go home after he talked to Donghae.  Even if he goes back to their bake shop he won’t be a help because at this moment his life is a mess. He went straight to the kitchen to prepare coffee.

‘I haven’t eaten breakfast and now it’s past twelve but I don’t feel like eating.’

He went to the living room and slump down in the couch; he took a sip of coffee and put it in the side table.  Even if his in the comfort of their home he still feels insecure and cold. He raised his feet on the couch and hugs his legs.

‘I am okay. No. I will be okay.” Hyuk was trying to assure himself. “I was able to leave my life without him and saying goodbye to his face this time is like the time when I said goodbye to him before.”

Eunhyuk was drawing circles on the couch. He feel so emotionally tired and that he wanted to sleep but even if he lay in bed he won’t be able to sleep.

He stares to his cup of coffee after he had put it in there he haven’t touched it since and he knows that it’s already cold. He let out a sigh he wanted to cry for having a very miserable day.

He put his chin on top of his knees and rocks his body back and forth. The look on Donghae’s face when he said goodbye was hunting him. There’s a part of him telling him to go back to that place to find out what happen to him or to know if he had done something crazy but his pride wouldn’t let him.

 

He lifts his head when he hears frantic doorbell. Eunhyuk become irritated with the doorbell keep ringing.

“Why can’t this person wait for someone to answer the door?” one thing Eunhyuk hates are those impatient people.

He hurriedly went t the gate to answer the door so that whoever ringing their doorbell will stop because it’s giving him headache.

“What do you want? Why do you keep ringing the bell?” Eunhyuk was scolding the person on their gate even before he can fully see who he is. He was shocked to see the man is.

He smiled at Eunhyuk who is surprise to see him. “So I’m right that I will really see you here.”

Eunhyuk eyed him, minutes had fast since the last time they saw him but he older and his clothes are filthy. He stares at his hands that have some dirt and bruises. Concern and guilt flooded him.

Donghae notice where he is looking at and dorky scratch his head as if he is a five year old kid being scolded by his mother. “It’s nothing, someone stepped on it but it’s fine.” He tried to sound lively.

“I don’t really care. What do you want? I told you its over.” Eunhyuk step back to close the gate, Donghae was quick to stop him by blocking his body.

“I got tired from running to talk to you, aren’t you going to give me something to drink?” Donghae was still high spirited even with Eunhyuk’s rudeness.

“I don’t have anything to offer to you. Please just leave.” he is really getting annoyed by Donghae who is acing that everything is fine between them.

“Then maybe you will give some time to talk to you.” He becomes serious as he spoke those words.

“I told you were done talking. I don’t want to hear anything that you are going to say. Were done goodbye.” Eunhyuk pushes Donghae.

Donghae grab both of his hands. “Yes you said goodbye to me awhile ago but at least give me a chance to say my side.”

“What for? Nothing will change even if you explain yourself!”

“Then if you’re so sure that nothing will change just let me say what I have to say even if it’s all in vain!”

“This is useless! I don’t want to hear whatever you are going to say! I don’t want to hear another lie!” Eunhyuk struggles to be freed.

“Please just let me!”

“Why do you love to make me suffer?” Eunhyuk burst out crying and he struggles to free his hands that Donghae was holding.

Donghae felt bad for Eunhyuk so he release his hands and he pulls him closer to his body, allowing  him to cry and to pound on his chest to release all the pain he have felt for all those years.

“I –I hate you!” Eunhyuk did not know where all those tears came from all he knows is that he have to release that or he will explode.

Donghae just let him cry and gently touching his hair.

“I know it’s my fault I’m sorry.”

They continued on that position until Eunhyuk calms down. He push Donghae away to give space between them, he notice his clothes that were soak with his tears. Suddenly he felt embarrassed and bowed his head to avoid his eyes.

“I’m sorry for ruining your shirt. You can leave now.” Eunhyuk turn his back and starts walking towards the door.

“For the past sixteen years all I wanted is to see your face, to be with you. When we left this town I wanted to go back instantly to you. Every day that past all I wanted is to fulfill my promise but I just can go back right away. We had experience hardship in the city and I can’t go back until I have enough money to buy the ring I promise you.” Donghae paused for a minute.

Eunhyuk stop walking, he don’t know why but he just can’t force himself to walk and leave him.

 “I went back to this town six years ago. I saw you from a distance and you are so beautiful” Donghae’s lips twirl a bit in that memory.

Eunhyuk slowly turned his body to see him something is screaming in his head.

He went back in here! He was in here six years ago!’

 Donghae was taking something from his pocket. It was a deep blue small velvet box.

“I got a difficult time finding the ring because the store was already closed but you see I was able to trace her and manage to by the ring. I bought it for you.” He smile wearily trying to show how happy he is but there were traces of tears in his eyes.

Eunhyuk unknowingly move his hands to his mouth to hide his surprise. Tears flowing from his eyes.

Donghae trace the distance between them. He gently take Eunhyuk’s hand and place the box.

“This is for you.”

Eunhyuk shakes his head. “I can’t take it.”

“Please take this ring I really want to give this to you, think of it as a payment for all the trouble I cause you.” He closes his palms to let it grasp the velvet box.

“You don’t have to… you c-come back six years ago?”

Donghae smiled and bow his head. He uses the back of his finger to wipe Eunhyuk’s tears. “I did.”

“Why didn’t you come to see me?” his voice were full of accusation and confusion.

He once again scratches the back of his head and tried to smile. “I saw that you were very happy and I thought that if I show myself to you I will bring you pain because I will still have to leave you behind.”

“Even if you have to leave me again at lest you should have shown your face!” Eunhyuk is really angry right now that he wanted to punch his face for being so stupid!

“I know that right now. But at that moment I feel so insecure with the man you are with. He was good looking and judging the car he was driving he must be very rich. You are so happy being with him and I feel that if I want you back I have to be richer than him.”

“I am not after people’s money.” Eunhyuk felt bad from what he said and he feel guilty to him because he saw him with another man!

“That’s not what I mean. I wanted to be richer because I wanted to give you everything in the world because you deserve it. I know that it is my fault why you are with him and not me that is why I lost all the courage I have to talk to you” Donghae hold Eunhyuk’s both hand and kiss it.

“I don’t need those things you were saying.”

“Thank you for allowing me to say my side.” Donghae tried to smile and kiss Eunhyuk’s forehead. “I made a big mistake and I’m sorry. I’ll go ahead.”

He turns his back and left.

 

Eunnhyuk was left there crying, he can’t believe what he have just heard.

He had comeback.

He bought the ring.

He saw me with another man!

He doesn’t know what to think off now. As if his going crazy.  He feels as if his head is going to explode and his eyes were crying uncontrollably.

 

When Donghae close the gate he lean on it and let the tears he had been holding back roll in his face.

He doesn’t want it t be like this. He knows that he may feel guilty now and he doesn’t want it that way. He just wanted him to know that he come back after all.

Donghae wipes his tears away and then he notices a familiar car in the distance. The car then moves towards his direction and stop in front of him.

“What are you doing in here?” he can’t hide the disgust in his voice when he finally confirmed who the driver is.

“Let’s talk. Hop in”

He bows head and once again looks at the gate he just left.

I’m not giving up on you Eunhyuk’.

 

 

 

 

A/N its Donghae's turn now. let me hear what you think about this chapter ^^