Parents

Birthday Boy Yixing

My eyes widened as i stared at my smiling parents "hey son"

My mind was running through many thoughts that i didn't notice my parents walk in themselves

"Why are you he-"

"Hey Kris who is it?" Lay walked into the living room. 

I watched as my parents' eyes widened seeing Lay. They didn't expect me to be alone did they?

"h-hello" Lay bowed a little embrassed when he saw my parents

"why are you guys here?" I asked getting straight to the point

"what do you mean why? son. It's our place we can come here anytime we want" My dad asked in his normal deep voice

I signed and looked at my mom, her eyes seemed as if they were going to pop out of their sockets as she stared at Lay

I smiled as i walked to Lay who was staring at the floor, i guess trying to avoid the piercing stare he was recieving. 

"this is Lay" I said as i looked at my parents putting an arm around his shoulder "he's my bo-"

"FRIEND! I'M HIS FRIEND!" Lay screamed before i could finish. Now everyone in the room was staring at him, he blushed and gave a 90 degree bow whispering "sorry"

I smiled at his cute reaction. I guess he doesn't want my parents to know about our relationsip...umm i guess it's alright. I couldn't care less, as long as I'm with him, I'd be happy.

"So how long are you guys staying here?" I asked when i saw my parents giving us a weird look.

"well who knows. We have some time off of work so we'll be staring here" My mom replied finally taking her eyes off of Lay

I signed. Why is life so unfair! I wanted to spend time with Lay!! Maybe i should book a hotel or something.. I hate staying with my parents!!!

"so what were you guys doing?" My dad interrupted my thoughts.

"Even though we're staring in the same place, we'll act as if you're not here and you act the same" I said looking straight at them

"Kris are you going to be like this again?" My mom blurted as i was about to walk off with lay

"I don't know what you're talking about" I replied still turned around

"Kris" My dad signed "the real reason we came here was cause we heard you were here. Son you haven't been at home for a month now, and what about the company? I was going to hand it over to you so-

"I already told you, I'm never talking over that piece of crap!" I said through grinded teeth.

"Kris-" My mom stared

"If that's all, we'll be leaving" I said and grabbed Lay's arm and took him upstairs to my room then shut the door. 

"k-kris, are you okay?" Lay whispered as he sat beside me on my bed with a worried expression on his face.

I smiled "of course! I'm used to this, so I don't really care"

"kris.." Lay started "I know I shouldn't be saying this...but they are your parents Kris. You shouldn't talk to them that way.."

I stared at Lay as he spoke softly looking at the floor with saddned eyes

"But they deserve it. They always are trying to make me work at their company, even before hyung died. They don't even care about me or what i want for myself" I replied 

"But they are thinking the best for you" Lay said

I let out a laugh "as if. They always think the best for themselves and their business. I'm just a tool they want to use to succed" 

I looked at Lay, saddned eyes still guled to the floor. and I felt a sudden pain in my chest, but i ignored it. 

"anyways!" I started smiling as I put an arm around his shoulder and pulled him closer "How about we eat pizza, then go to sleep. And if you don't like it here we'll go somewhere else tomorrow"

Lay's dimples appeared as he nodded while smiling. 

Just as I was about to get up, Lay spoke "But Kris, I can't afford to miss too many days from work"

"Don't worry about that" I smiled cupping his cheeks in my hands and gently kissing him. Lay I'm not lettting you go there, at least not until they agree to treat you better. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry! I was gone on vacation and I just returned a week ago but then I had exams!

I'll definetly update more often now that I am free for a few days.

Btw please welcome the co-author LeeHyeRi-ah.

She'll be writing from now on too, so we will be able to update much faster.