Kris's past

Birthday Boy Yixing

"Kris, wake up" I heard a gentle voice call me. 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Lay sitting infront of me. I smiled looking at him. I loved seeing him first thing in the morning, it made me feel as if my day would go as planned.

"oh you're awake!" A smile appeared on his face "now hurry up and wash up, your mom has been calling you for so long. She got tired and told me to come and try"

"WHAT?!"  My eyes widened as I sat up "when did you wake up?"

"hm 1 hour ago, I didn't want to bother you so I decided to make breakfast and then your mom woke up and started helping me" Lay smiled "she's so nice"

"WHAT!?!" I yelled once again

"shh! Your dad is still sleeping" Lay whispered looking worridely at me

"lay you should have woke me up! You don't know my parents, you can't just act normal with them" i explained. Lay is so innocent! He doesn't know anything about my parents..They are not the way they might seem like.

"What are you talking about Kris, your mom's so nice" Lay's smile reappeared.

I signed "Lay you-"

"Okay We'll talk about it later okay? Let's go downstairs, the breakfast is getting cold" Lay said as he pulled me out of bed

Signing I went to the bathroom and washed up then went back to the room to see a smiling Lay sitting on the bed waiting for me

"ready?" Lay asked smiling

When I nodded he gabbed my arm and dragged me to the kitchen.

"Mrs. Wu, Kris is here" He said as we entered the kitchen

"oh you're wake son, sit down I'll bring you both breakfast" My mom said as she gave us a bright smile

"Morning" I heard my dad's deep voice from the door.

"oh honey you're awake! Come sit down, I'll bring breakfast for you too" My mom said cheerfully.

It was confusing. Why was my mom so cheerful today? Did something good happen? It must have something to do with her business, it always is...

My dad sat down "I see you both are awake. How are you liking it here Lay?"

"I love it!" Lay smiled at my dad

"I'm glad" My dad gave him a smile "so Kris, I got some papers that you should look over-"

"I'm not doing it" I replied blankly as I started eating the pancakes mom had gotten.

"Kris-" 

"Honey you can talk about that later. First eat your breakfast" Mom interrupted dad

Signing dad grabbed the fork and slowly nodded as he started eating the pancakes.

"Anyways Lay these pancakes are delicious!" Mom exclaimed as she sat down and ate the pancake

"Thank you Mrs.Wu" Lay smiled once again. For some reason I was hating how Lay was gettting along with my parents. I guess he just doesn't know how good they are at acting. They always act like the most caring parents infront of others but the truth is that they are the worst parents one could have. Just look at how they treated the death of their oldest son and daughter. 

Flashback

Kris- Age 10

"hyung! Noona!" I cried as I watched the police try to take my silbings out of the car. The icy roads had caused the car to slip and crash into another car. 

"Kris?!" My mom ran up to me picking me up in her arms 

"M-Mommy!! T-They are going to be okay right?"  I sobbed as i forced the words out

"Oh Kris!" My mom hugged me tighter as her sobs became loulder

"Excuse me Miss?" I heard a voice behind me after a few minutes 

"yes? How are they?" My mom asked wiping her tears away

"I'm sorry Miss, we came a little too late" I heard the man say. I felt my heart break into little pieces.

I buried my head in my mom's shoulder while crying like there was no end. Hyung! Noona! Both gone! Cause of me! If only I hadn't forced them to come home for my birthday! It's my fault

I felt myself put down on the ground. I looked at my mom who's eyes were red from crying, tears staining her cheeks

Ring!

My mom slowly looked at the caller ID and immediately picked up "honey!" She said into the phone before brusting into tears all over again. I knew it was my dad. He was on a business trip and said that he wouldn't be able to come, not until the funeral. Why? He was busy with his business meetings. How can he be like this? When his children just died. He's the worst father. I hate him!

 

At the funeral

My mom had finally stopped crying, but I couldn't. What was I supposed to do without my brother and sister who were everthing to me? I was the reason of their death. I should be laying there not them!! 

"honey" I heard a deep voice behind me and I knew it was my dad

I watched as my mom ran into his arms and brust into tears again. They stayed like that until the funeral ended. All that time I wanted them to hold hug me and tell them it wasn't my fault but they never did, instead they just stayed together. It was like I had died with my siblings.

 

Three days after the death

As the sun rays peeked through the curtains, I woke up. I walked downstairs to find my parents, but the house of empty. I went to my brothers room everyday and looked at his things, remembering him, telling him to forgive me for taking away his and noona's life. That was the only thing i could do. But when i opened the door I found it empty, all the things that belonged to him gone. My eyes widened, I ran to noona's room and found it also empty, all the stuffed toys Noona had in her room gone along with everything else that used to be there.

"Kris?" I heard a voice from the living room and I ran to where it was coming from

"oh you're awake!" My mom smiled.

"mommy, hyung and nonna's room are empty!" I yelled as tears started flowing rapidly down my cheeks

"oh about that, it's better if we get rid of their belongings. That way we'll be able to forget them sooner" Mom smiled again

"B-but mommy I-I don't want to forget them " I stutted

"Kris, it's for the best and anyways I came back to let you know your dad and i are going on a business trip so your babysitter will be staying with you while we are gone okay?" My mom smiled as she kissed my cheeks

As she was about to leave I grabbed her legs begging her to stay "no mommy, don't leave please mommy, I need you!"

"Kris stop being a stubborn child! Your dad's waiting" She pulled me off off her and left shutting the door behind her.

End of Flashback

It was that day i realized that with hyung and noona died my respect for my parents. They were nothing to me. I was stupid when I was young, stupid to  believe everything they said. Wow can't believe i was that pathetic...yea pathetic...

Mom's voice brought me back to reality and I noticed that mom had been talking to Lay all this time.

"did your mom teach you how to make these?" Mom asked smiling at Lay as she ate.

Lay was silent for a few seconds then replied with a soft "yes" For a second I though I saw sadness in his eyes but I could be wrong. I mean why would be he sad?

"Well she taught you really well" My mom smiled "oh do you work?"

"yes" Lay replied this time not smiling

"where?" My mom asked curious

"hmm well" Lay moved around uncomfortably in his seat

"Isn't that enough? You asked him enough questions, let him eat" I said as I gave Lay some pancakes

I watched Lay. He didn't look so good. It looked like he was on the verge of crying. I saw that he was trying not cry but biting his lips-hard. It hurt me seeing him like that.

"nevermind" I said as I got up and pulled Lay with me and walked out of the kitchen. I opened the front gate and walked out to the beach

What's wrong with him? Did mom say something wrong? Lay!

"are you okay?" I whispered as soon as we got on the sand. I examined him still holding his tears back.

Lay just nodded silently. Seeing the tears in his eyes send pain through my body

"Lay?" I whispered before pulling him in a long hug.

After a few seconds of hesitation Lay brust into tears. He cried for a long time while I tried to give him comfort. I wanted to be of some help but I didn't know what to do so i just hugged him. 

After crying out his eyes Lay pulled away "sorry" He whispered looking at the sand under his feet

I smiled as I moved his face so it was facing me and cleaned the tears with my thumbs. "It's okay"

"Kris.... I miss my parents. I want to see them so badly but I can't. Why did they have to leave me?! I regret being a bad child but they didn't have to punish me like this! not like this Kris!" 

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: Update!! 

How is it? I'm sorry I was kinda in a hurry to update cuz my schools starts tomorrow again...

Let me know what you guys think! :)

Anyways please comment and subscribe! 

love you guys! 

-hyunjoong4ever