Murderers

Birthday Boy Yixing

Lay’s POV

I stared blankly ahead yawning. There were only few people in the building which meant I was going to be stuck behind the counter for the entire day bored. The worst part was that Kris and Chen were gone with the boss somewhere while Chanyeol was in the back doing god knows what, leaving me all alone behind the counter just in case someone came in. I rest my head on the table deciding to get some sleep. Just as I closed my eyes I heard my phone rang, groaning I lifted my head tiredly picking up my phone to see the caller who happened to be unknown. After staring at the number for a moment, I picked it up.

“hello?” I said into the phone

“Yixing? Its Kris’s mom. I wanted to meet you, do you have time right now?” I heard a soft reply from the other end making me suddenly nervous

“O-Oh Mrs.Wu, I-yes” I mentally slapped myself. Why was I stuttering. Clearing my throat, I said “where?”

After getting the location I bid goodbye and hung the phone. It was after I put my phone down I realized my hands were sweating. I stared at my hands wondering why I was so nervous. I had met Mrs. Wu and she was really sweet. So why? Sighing I quickly went to chanyeol and told him I had to go meet Mrs. Wu before rushing off to the nearby café. Before stepping in I took a deep breath and made sure I looked presentable in the glass windows. Walking in I spotted her sitting by the one of the window looking out. I made my way to the table.

“hello Mrs. Wu” I said making her look at me as I bowed my head. I had expected to see a smile when she saw me but I was wrong. She looked at me blankly before telling to sit. After looking at her for a moment I looked down biting my lip getting more nervous after seeing her expression. Not knowing what to say I stayed quiet looking down at my fingers in my lap and to my surprise she too stayed quiet. After what felt like forever she sighed before speaking “Yixing break up with Kris”. I looked up surprised. I didn’t know she was aware of our relationship. The fact that she knew made me even more nervous. Why did she want us to break up.. Maybe she doesn’t like me..or she is against gay couples?

“I-“ I looked down again at my hands squeezing them getting nervous “w-why?” I whispered feeling a lump in my throat

“Why?”  She raised her voice a little making me look at her while nibbling on my lower lip “I would like it if you would stay away from my son. Don’t you think that’s the least you could do after your parents killed his siblings?” Her voice was bitter but it wasn’t her voice that caught my attention it was her words. I widen my eyes “w-what” I whispered looking at her surprised. What was she talking about? My parents didn’t kill anyone. I felt my eyes getting watery.

“Mrs. Wu… I think you’re mistaken my paren-“ I whispered holding back my tears as the memories with my parents came back to me. She was mistaken. My parents didn’t kill them. They even lost their own life. They didn’t kill them.  I wanted to tell her that my parents were also the victims of that incident but she cut me off.

“Yixing” I could sense the anger in her voice but I didn’t understand why she was angry with me, my parents had nothing to do with the accident. “your parent had someone follow my kid’s car after they refuse to give them the money to save the business” I felt tears rolling down my cheeks as I looked into her eyes. “n-no they didn’t” I whispered shaking my head. It was all a misunderstanding. My parents weren’t like that. I know they weren’t. I felt my head ache with my thoughts all over the place.

“You parents of course wanted to see what would happen to the kids that’s why they were also there but they got caught up in the accident too. They deserve it, they wanted to kill my kids but they got caught in it to-“ I couldn’t stand hearing another word “NO!” I screamed standing up. This time I let my tears roll down my cheeks rapidly not caring about crying in front of everyone as I shook my head “You’re lying. They didn’t do that. D-Don’t lie” I felt weak as I felt my heart ache. How can she say they deserved it? My parents weren’t like that. They did not deserve that. I looked down at her crying hard while she stared at me her eyes filled with sorrow whispering lowly “Your parents are murderers”

 

 

Author's Note:

Im back after a long time off. I had to re-read the story and had forgotten what I had planned afterwards so I had to rethink everything. I apologize for the long wait. 

Hopefully I didnt ruin the story with this chapter. Please comment below and let me know how it is