Chapter 4

I Promise

Niel wet the paper towels in the kitchen before walking back to clean up the mess of blood in his room. Cap layed on the couch with a towel next to him just in case he began to bleed again. Ricky picked up the last of the bloody towels on the ground while Changjo changed the blood stained bed sheets; Chunji stepped in with some new ones.

"Geez, how can an ear bleed so much?" No one replied. Changjo grabbed the new bed sheets, gave the dirty ones to Chunji, and started to replace them. Cap stood up of the couch and walked over to the kitchen for some water. "Hyung, I don't think you should be up."

"I've been laying down for three days straight. Give me a break." Chunji shrugged and tossed the blankets into the trash can. "Don't throw it in there."

"I'm gonna take the garbage out." Cap watched him in surprise. ~Miracle~ He poured water into a cup and drank it in three gulps. Chunji wobbled out with the full garbage bag by his side. L.joe stepped out of his room and spotted Cap in the kitchen, "Shouldn't you be lying down?"

"No." Cap dreaded his trip back to the couch and stayed put in his spot. L.joe watched him in confusion. "You..gonna move?" Cap shook his head quickly with a nerdy grin on his face. "Hyung! Why are you up!," Daniel wailed from the hallway. "Your going to get hurt again!" 

"Oh relax, I won't die."

"So!? I specifically told you not to get up this morning! and then you do and then what? this happens!"

"What are you? doctor?"

"No, but you damn well know that I know more then you do. So sit!"

"I hate you." Cap groaned. Niel threw the paper into the trash and sighed in fustration realizing there wasn't a bag inside. He fished out the paper and placed a bag into the garbage can. "Should've just sent you to the hospital." He mumbled to himself as he threw the paper towels back out. Cap made a face and layed down with his towel. L.joe akwardly kept quiet while Niel pretended as if he wasn't there. The blonde and blue haired boy sighed.

"I'm sorry." He quickly worded looking to the ground in shame. Daniel paused, he wanted to blow. How could someone expect another to forgive them after something like that? Niel took a deep breath and calmed himself. ~Better to let go then hold on~ He turned around and gave him a soft smile. L.joe smiled back and Daniel continued to walk back towards his room.

Cap sat up again and stared at L.joe for a second before speaking again. "You think I could stand for a little before he comes back?" L.joe let out a short laugh; Cap slowly stood to his feet as his eyes looked from side to side in caution. "Hyung." Niel called out from the room. "Deh?"

"Sit." The older pouted and plopped back down onto the couch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Andreliss blew air out of her cheeks in slight fustration. "You sure made a mess here Clara." She pushed the T.V. for a little more room behind it and sat back on the heels of her feet. Clara joined in the watch of the tangled wires in front of them. The maknae stood from her knees and sighed. "I need water." She headed to the fridge. Clara shrugged and walked into her room; it was almost time to go already. Youngjae and her were supposed to go out to shop today. She smiled at herself in the mirror satisfied of how the new cute outfit looked. She wore a nice blue colored blouse and some perfectly fit jeans. Clara never put on makeup; she always believed natural was the way to go. Now it was time for the earrings. Her beautiful blue earrings that she kept safe. Clara opened her box of jewlery and pouted. ~Were are they?~ She moved the other accesories out of the way but couldn't find one sign of her earrings.

~Common, the one time I decide to wear them.~ The girl blew air out of her cheeks before focusing on her own sad expression in front of her. Clara was never a girly kind of girl; she never found meaning to wearing so many things for no reason. Unless she likes someone. That's when her good sense of fasion finds it's way out. Unlike Andreliss, she was the complete oposite. Clara's looked at herself in relization. "Andreliss." She whispered to herself. "Andreliss!" The older called out. "Yes." She answered.

"Where are my blue earrings?" Andreliss's eyes instantly grew wide. "Uh, your gonna wear them?" 

"Yeah."

~Where is she going?~ The younger thought to herself. She used them the other day but couldn't remember where she had set them. Andreliss embraced herself for scolding and answered the question shyly. "WHAT!" 

"Sorry!"

"You lost them! Those were not to even be touched! You knew that!"

"I know but they were so cute! I couldn't help it." 

"You better find them by the time I get back you hear me?"

"Yes." Andreliss looked down in shame. Seconds later, the doorbell rang signaling that the boys arrived. Both their heads poped up; they exchanged glances and ran for the door to open it. "An. dre. liss. move!"

"No you got it last time!" The girls struggled for the doornob. Clara pushed Andreliss out the way. Making her fall to the ground then opened the door quickly switching her expression to a smile and greeting the boy as if nothing went on. Youngjae entered into the apartment without a sound. He twisted around to meet her gaze. "Who's that blue haired guy?"

"Huh?"

"He was standing in front of the door and left when we came. He said he came to ask you something."

~Ricky?~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Niel stared at the cealing balnkly. Hahahaha! Laughter from those eighth grades haunted him. His eyes watered slightly. It what years ago, but it felt like yesturday. They never left him alone since. He pushed the pillow against his face so he couldn't breathe; planning to keep himself suffocating until all the pain was gone forever. Daniel struggled to breathe but kept himself determined to die.

Finally, he let go; he breathed in deeply. His skin gained color again as he spared his own life once more. Niel was angry at himself but he couldn't do it. He knew there was something he had to live for, but couldn't figure out what. Was it someone? or something? Niel felt worthless, ugly, like a monster. He never meant to hurt those girls, but he couldn't take control of himself. Everything was all his fault, and Cap always had to suffer for it.

The browned haired boy entered the living room to keep himself from doing it again. He was afraid he would succeed. Cap. Chunji, and L.joe sat with their focus on the t.v in front of them. "Where's Changjo and Ricky?" Niel asked, grabbing onto the container of cookies that girl had made him. He hadn't even eaten one; he didn't want to ruin how perfect they looked to him. He unconsciously smiled at them. "Why are you smiling at those like that?" Chunji questioned, creeped out by his actions. Niel looked up. "Answer me first." 

"Ricky is in his room and Changjo I don't know. No one ever knows." Chunji shook his head. Daniel looked back down to the cookies and questioned himself. He couldn't understand why he felt so happy about these cookies. ~They're just cookies.~ He decided to dump them outside and left the apartment without another word. "hey!" Chunji yelled curious of the answer to his question. ~He didn't answer my question.~ Chunji pouted. Daniel made his way to the dumpster outside the back of the building. Flying garbage pieces flew out of the top of it making Niel come closer to it in question.

"Aish! Stupid things!" Whispered yelling came from the inside of it. "Ah!" The boy yelped as a stained brown white shoe hit the top of his head. Andreliss popped up startled by the sound. "Sorry Sir!" She stuck her head out the side of the dumpster to apologize. "Oh you. Sorry." She apologized again; this time more informally. Daniel rubbed his head and looked into the side of the dumpster as Andreliss began to dig around again. He ducked at the flying pieces around him. "What the hell are you doing?" She paused and popped up again. "Looking." She simply answered and began to search again. " Are you stupid? This is contaminated."

"So."

"So?"

"I have to find her earrings."

'Earrings?"

Andreliss clucked her tongue. "Can you stop repeating what I say?"

"Well, I wouldn't have to repeat if you made sense."

"I have to find her earrings."

Niel rolled his eyes. "Whatever. The hell with you." He whispered to himself but loud enough for her to hear. Andreliss paused and made a face before getting back to her search again. Daniel took a step foward towards the next dumpster behind the one Andreliss was searching in and stopped at the sound of a slight crack. He sighed in fustration at the sight of the egg. ~What the hell do people throw out now of days? That was a good egg.~ He spotted something blue and silver next to it. Daniel bent down and picked up the two hoop earrings that were connected together. He stared at them for a while before retreating back to the spot beside the dumpster. Another shoe it the top of his head; this time a yellow stained one. "Yah! Can you watch where your throwing things!" Andreliss popped up once more. "Your still there?" 

"Are these it?" He held up the earrings with one hand as he rubbed his head with the other. Her eyes became filled with happiness. "Oh my goodness! Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" The girl ran over and wrapped her arms around him. Daniel stiffened in shock; his heart pounded to the max. A girl had never hugged him before. He gripped tighter onto the container with his eyes bulged out of thier sockets. He couldn't believe her. Is she not afraid? She let go spotting his shocked expression.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I stink!" Andreliss made a disgusted face and pulled off some garbage after she stepped out of the dumpster. Daniel didn't move; he hadn't even cared about the smell. Andreliss waved her hand in front of his face to snap him out of it but no use. Niel ran away without fufilling the purpose he came there for. He ran back to his room and shut the door panting for air. He locked then leaned against it. He hit the wall as he felt that strange feeling again. He couldn't stand to be so confused. He was supposed to be angry. Why couldn't he hurt her?

 ~What the hell she doing to me?~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ricky hugged the big teddy bear Changjo had gave him on thier frendship annerversery. It was a dollar store teddy bear, but it meant everything to Ricky. He sighed thinking about the girl next door. 

~*Flashback~*

Ricky stood nervous at the door. He tapped his foot  over and over without stop. He couldn't believe it; he's so close. Just one knock. ~Ah, what if she says no?~ Ricky puffed his chest out and took a deep breath of confidence. ~No, she likes me.~ He unpuffed his chest. ~I think~ Ricky doubted. He raised his hand to knock on the door and was inturrupted by one male singing voice coming up behind him. The boy stopped at the sight of him. He was scrawney. The young boy smiled lightly as he said hello. Ricky greeted back and looked to the big brown door in front him akwardly.~ Is hehere for Andreliss?~ He questioned. "I'm Youngjae." The boney boy introduced himself. He was like a skeleton. Ricky wondered how someone could live so skinny. "Ah, Ricky." He answered shyly. ~Who are they?~

"Are you here for Andreliss?" Youngjae asked,trying to make small talk with the akward boy. Ricky's head popped up; he sighed and shook his head. "I just came to ask Clara something, but I guess im to late now. Sorry." Ricky slowly walked back to his apartment. He turned and watched the boy enter their home.

~I should've knocked earlier.~ He let out a deep breath. ~I could've had her today.~ Ricky punched his teddy bear in fustration. ~Ricky pabo!~ He punched it again. ~Stupid bear~ He threw it to the ground, picked it up and threw it agian. It wasn't long until Ricky got into a full blown fight with his special teddy bear. ~You were supposed to give me good luck! Stupid bear.~ He kicked and then punched it once more. "Ahhm." Changjo cleared his throat. Rick paused; holding the bear in head lock position. Changjo smirked at his best friend.

"Having fun?"

"Shut up." They stood staring at each other. Changjo was bound to never let him live this down. Ricky slowly let go of the bear and narrowed his eyes. "Where have you been?" Chanjo walked over to the night stand in the corner of the rom and focused on taking off his new watch perfectly. "Out." He set it gently down on the table and twirled around to walk in the other direction where the closet was. "Where out?" Changjo pulled off his shoes and set them gently in their spot. "Just out." 

"Jonghyun."

"Mwo?"

"Where specifically."

"Somewhere." Ricky sighed. He gripped onto the watch Changjo had set down a few seconds ago. "Watch shopping?" Ricky examined the watch. Changjo had definetly must have been paid today, but even if so. He wouldn't be able to afford such a nice watch. It was gold with dimonds and It was perfectly real. The rebelious one quickly turned around and stomped over to Ricky "Don't touch it!" He snatched it out of his hand and set it down carefully again. "Chang-" 

"Don't touch it again." Changjo said, he had of hint of anger in voice. He baffled Ricky; he was never so pertective of his things before. ~What's wrong with him?~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Niel watched himself play with the blue earrings in his hand with his head down. He hadn't had a chance to give them to her since he ran away that day. Ever since he tried his best to avoid her because he was afraid of that feeling again. Though everytime he looked at those earrings it came back to him. Daniel smiled at the thought of her pausing and popping her head up everytime she stopped her searching. ~She's funny~ He laughed to himself and uncontiously gripped onto the container of cookies he still hadn't opened. ~Yah! Pabo! What am I thinking?~ He threw the earrings towards the wall and pushed the container away; scared of his own actions. Instantly he went it to panic.

~Omo! I hope I didn't brake them!~ He quickly picked up the earrings and to his relief they were okay. ~I gotta give these back~ He sighed and built up the courage to do so. "Okay. Give them back. Don't look at her, don't touch her, don't talk to her. I'll be okay." He set up a plan before knocking on the door. About a minute passed before Andreliss answered with a wide smile. Her expression changed into a shocked one; suprised at the boy standing at her door. He kept his head down and held out the earrings in front of her. "Hi." She greeted. Niel felt exactly what he didn't want to feel. Even her voice made him feel this way. What else did he need to avoid? He kept quiet still holding out the earrings. "Oh these. Thank you." She smiled and took the jewlery. He brought his head lower. The feeling became stronger; his heart was pounding faster now. Niel was angry. Why doesn't he hate her?  

"Are you alrigh-" She was cut off by the sudden hard grip of Daniel. He pushed her against the wall again; this time harder. Hitting the back of her head on the wall purposely. "What are you doing to me." He whispered. Fustration overtook the sound of his voice. "W-W" 

"Shut up!," He yelled. " You don't know how weak you are! You have no idea what I could do to you!" He frightened her. Andreliss tried to free herself from him, but he was to strong. He breathed out in anger. There was no telling what he was going to do next. "D-Daniel-" She was cut off again. This time with a hard slap. She fell to the ground and was quickly picked up and hit again before she could fully understand what was going on. It was happening so fast. Niel kicked her stomach twice and stepped away at the sight of her crumpling to the floor in pain.

~What did I do?~ He shook his head ignoring the guilt. "Your weak." He spat. Andreliss barely held herself up with her arms. Daniel squatted down next to her watching her every move. She spit out blood. Daniel laughed and looked to the side as she unexpectedly swung back hard. He fell and held the part of his mouth that was hit. Andreliss stood and kicked him three times before getting down and punching with all her strength. His vision began to blurr. She was tough; and he couldn't beat her. Andreliss punched him unconscious and rolled off of him. She layed down next to him breathing hard.

"Don't....hit me."