Chapter 10

I Promise

Andreliss sat and leaned against the green colored tiles of the bathroom wall in a sigh. It's been a week since that kiss and neither of them could get their minds off of it; they tried their best to avoid each other even though there wasn't one minute they weren't thinking about each other. Cap came everyday to help make sure he was okay and today he was coming to help Daniel walk back next door since he was healed enough to walk alone now without much pain anymore. A knock sounded on the front door; Andreliss pushed herself up and opened the door since Clara had gone out again. Cap greeted her and stepped inside the house. "I'm just coming to take him, I'll come back for his things later after I'm done looking." He talked as he headed towards the her room; Andreliss followed after him. A week has passed also since Changjo went missing, she opened to ask the question she already knew the answer to, but still decided to ask anyway.

"Can I go with you this time?" Cap pulled the blankets off of Daniel. "You already know that answer, Lessie." Andreliss sighed. "Please?" Minsoo stopped his movement and turned in the direction of the girl. "No." She sighed again and stomped her foot. "Why?" She whined, "I already told you why."

"I'm worried too!"

"I know! I know you are okay, but you can't." He went back to helping Daniel off the bed. "Why!" Minsoo breathed out deeply and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Don't question me, Lessie. Just know that it's for your own good." She crossed her arms in anger and pouted; she wanted to force him to let her but knew better not to since she knew he could just have Chunji and L.joe force her in the house and watch her all day again. He had done the same to Ricky, but no matter how hard the leader tried he just couldn't stop him. Andreliss was just a little more obedient knowing he had a good reason for it. Cap walked Niel passed Andreliss causing her to shy down and look away in another direction. Daniel layed his eyes on the girl and his heart hurt; he pained her, and once again he couldn't stand himself for it. He watched her focus on the ground and sighed. They hadn't talk since that day; all he wanted was to hear her voice talk to him again, to say his name and he didn't want to leave until he did. Niel slightly leaned on Minsoo as he guided him to the door. Andreliss opened the door for them and watched them exit in sadness. She missed him already.

"Bye Daniel." Niel quickly looked back at her in slight shock; he finally heard her speak to him but he was hoping that wouldn't be the first thing she said to him. Now his shyness was worse; she grinned only to get nothing in response from him, not even a soft expression. She said her goodbye to Cap next and closed the door behind them. Andreliss blew air from her cheeks. ~Now what?~ She searched around the apartment with her eyes; Cleaning was done, laundry was washed, she showered, nothing good was on TV, the laptop was with Clara, and Daniel was gone. There was nothing she could do to keep herself from dying of boredom now. The girl sat herself on the couch, she wasn't even able to go to the store. Lessie popped up as soon as she remembered; the girl rushed to the kitchen, puled out a cookbook, and began to prepare some food.She read, poured, and stirred until it was finally ready to eat. Andreliss opened the door with a wide grin catching Chunji's and L.joe's attention who were there to make sure she didn't escape.

"Hey guys. Hungry?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Changjo said his goodbyes and skipped away. He was finally healed and able to go home, he was happy he was able to see Andreliss and everyone again but didn't look forward to being locked in for the rest of his life. Misun waved goodbye and closed the door then headed towards her room. She commanded her body guard to get her food when she heard the doorbell ring nit knowing who it could've been. She opened the door and frowned at the person in front of her. Now she knew she was in trouble; Hyukjin entered the building and looked around,"Nice." He switched his gaze back to her. "Where is he?" She hesitated, she looked from side to side and smiled sheepishly. "Well?" He gave her a look waiting for her answer. "Um, I kind of let him go a second ago."

"You what!?" His emotion was far from happy. "Y-You said I only had to keep him for a week. If you weren't here by then to let him go." Hyukjin grabbed the girl by her shirt in anger. Misun looked at him scared to death; she had no idea what she had gotten herself into. "Your gonna pay for this." He warned her with a cold voice. The dangerous boy brought their body's closer and traced the outline of her body with his finger. "And not...with money." He pushed a piece of her hair back behind her hair as an evil smile grew across his face. Hyukjin let go of her roughly and stomped out leaving her to panic by herself knowing exactly what he meant. She knew she couldn't go anywhere alone now. ~What have I done?~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Changjo finally made it to his apartment building; he looked up to the windows from the fortieth floor and smiled big. ~Home~ He skipped along inside the building, greeted the front desk man, and went for the elevator. About two minutes later a ding sounded before the big silver doors opened revealing the familiar yellow walls of the hallways where his home was. He walked down to his front door and sighed; suddenly he didn't want to knock. He dreaded the consequences but figured he worried them enough not answering their calls. Finally, Changjo lifted up his fist and knocked; he waited at least ten minutes before someone finally opened the door. Niel held his stomachs he leaned on the door knob for support. "Changjo?" Niel squinted not sure if he was seeing what he was seeing but soon realized he was. Changjo was back.

"Daniel-ah, your better."

"Y-Yeah, Changjo your back! Where have you gone! Everyone was so worried." Daniel moved to the side to let the boy in, Changjo entered the house and smelled in the smell he missed so much for the whole week. "I was out." Niel turned is head to the side in question. "Out? Jonghyun, you know you can't just leave like that." Changjo turned around to face Niel with a wide grin. "I know, It won't happen again. I promise." Niel lightly giggled. "Well, your gonna get an ear full." Changjo watched him walk slowly holding onto his stomach as if he was in pain. "You sure you can walk okay? You seem like your in pain still."

"Just a little." Niel paused in front of Changjo. "Well, if it still hurts why'd you come back? Couldn't stand those girls huh?" Niel paused in front of Changjo and looked up at him. Actually he couldn't stand to be away from her; he missed the way she looked in the morning when she barged in, the way she made him smile everyday even with things that annoyed him. "Yeah,....That's it." He looked to the ground and noded making Changjo look at him strangely. Usually he would join in the girl jokes. ~I guess it really hurts.~ The red haired boy grabbed himself something to eat and switched on the TV. "Where are the others?" Changjo asked noticing no one was home but Niel. "Looking for you. Chunji and L,joe are next door." Changjo looked at him in surprise. They actually cared. ~Looking for me..~ Changjo felt guilty; he regretted not fighting to leave earlier. "Why are they next door?"

"Guarding Andreliss." Changjo squinted his eyes in confusion. "Why?"

"She wants to search for you but he won't let her leave. I don't know why." Daniel slowly sat himself on a chair. Changjo wondered what kind of reason could Cap possibly have for this. He stuffed another piece of food in his mouth in thought before the sound of the door unlocking distracted him. ~Oh no, here we go.~ He quickly switched his eyes towards the door. "Good luck." Niel wished him before Cap and Ricky opened fully opened the door; they both stared at the boy frozen, not believing a single thing they were seeing. "CHANGJO!!!!!!" Ricky yelled first and ran towards him tackling him with a hug. The found boy dropped his food on the ground.

"Where have you been!! We were worried sick! Are you alright! What happened! Where'd you go! We've been looking all over for you! Are you injured!? Did you eat!? What about drink!? Oh no! You must be dehydrated! Are all you clothes on!? Is your skin ok!? Did someone kidnap you!? Who was it!?" Ricky talked without a breath as he examined the boy; Changjo stared at him answering none of his questions.

"Oh no! Your mute now aren't you!? What did you see!?" Ricky exaggerated as he usually did when he was worried sick. Changjo rolled his eyes. "I'm not mute."

"Ah! He talked! Yes! Thank you for talking." Ricky wrapped his arms around his best friends head and breathed deeply in relief. Cap still stood at the door frozen; a weight finally had lifted of his shoulders and all his bad thoughts vanished. Changjo was okay, and Cap could finally rest. Minsoo ran over, pushed Ricky away and hugged the maknae tightly. "H-Hyung." Changjo stammered awkwardly, Cap wasn't much of the hugging type, but he held his maknae tightly relieved that he was alive. "I'm glad your okay." Cap whispered in his ear making Changjo happy that they actually were worried for him, he always felt ignored since they never really made sure where he was, only at night were he always got busted for coming home late when he had to work the next day. "Yah! Give my best friend back! Your is over there!" Ricky yelled and pointed over to Niel before wrapping his arms around Changjo's head again. Cap smiled at Niel and turned to the hugging boys in front of him.

"Where have you been all this time?" Ricky let go to let Changjo answered the question. "Out."

"Out?" Anger began to bubble up inside the both of them. "You didn't answer our phone calls, made us look for you for hours everyday, and didn't text back because you were out?" Changjo picked up the food from the ground and leaned back on the couch. "Yup." Ricky's face began to turn a fiery red while Cap controlled himself for the sake of the boys. "WHY YOU-" Ricky brought his fist up in fury at swung but was blocked by a strong hand before it could hit Changjo. "Breathe Ricky breathe, I wanna kill him too, but just breathe." Cap spoke to calm the blue headed boy down a little. "Ricky breathed in and out with irritation. "You know your not leaving this house for a long time right?" Cap assured and Changjo noded. "I'll go tell the rest." Minsoo left the house to go inform Andreliss, and the boys. Ricky gripped onto Changjo's head again not able to let go of him. He wanted to make sure this was real. and he finally was gonna have his best friend with him again.

Andreliss rushed into the apartment and rushed to Changjo. "Changjo-ah!" Chunji and L.joe followed behind her; Andreliss kneeled down next to the boy and hugged him tightly before letting go before holding his face in her hands. Changjo's heart pounded at the way she looked at him; she looked relieved and happy that he was finally in front of her safely alive. They smiled at each other for a second before she hugged him again. Niel watched them in jealousy; every look they gave each other meant something, making him angry.

~So he's the guy she's been out with huh?~ He finally figured it out, the guy she had been dressing so nicely for, the one that made her glow, was none other then his own roommate; the player. He was bound to break her heart. ~Pathetic~ Daniel stood and slowly headed to him room holding his stomach again. He couldn't stand to see the sight of her looking at someone else that way; this was exactly the reason why he hated this feeling, it made him think she was gonna be his forever when she didn't even acknowledge him. He finally figured out his feeling, it was the same one he felt seven years ago and had forgotten about quickly. "Daniel-ah." He paused at the sound of her voice; she walked over to him and Chunji and L.joe began to shower his with hugs.

Niel turned to look at her; he had a sad expression, he couldn't control his emotion enough to change it. "Be careful not to bed over to much. You'll end up stiff that way." He knew it, she only looked at him to correct him. She saw him as weak, nothing other. Niel sighed and looked away; she gently gripped onto his hand and looked up at him. His heart pounded faster at her touch; she looked back at his hand and held it up. "Your wrist his hurt too." His blood boiled inside of him as she spoke. He ran his fist into her shoulder causing her body to slam against the wall in full force.

"It's fine." He simply said even though it throbbed with pain by the force. Everyone's attention turned to the both of them; Andreliss stared at him in silence without even wincing. Changjo ran over an pushed Niel's fist away. "Don't touch her." He stepped in front of her giving Daniel his most intimidating stare. A hundred percent was already after her, he didn't need Niel harming her too. Daniel look from Changjo to Andreliss again. "Your a fool." He said before continuing in his steps.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 Andreliss pulled her sleeve up revealing the bruise on her shoulder from earlier. She turned her head to look straight in the mirror and sighed looking at herself. She looked pathetic to herself; like a weak defenseless girl. She hurt him back but he seemed to never learned. Why was he so angry at her? She couldn't understand what she did wrong; the wonder haunted her through the nights. Andreliss pushed her hair back and opened the mirror to grab her prescription pills inside. She the fosset and took the pills with the water from the sink the rinsed her face for cooling. She closed her eyes focusing on getting rid of her thoughts. Lessie couldn't stand not knowing what was wrong with her; she wanted to fix it.

Your worthless. I'd rather die then to ever look at your face again. Not even your father wanted you.

Voices from the past replayed over in her head. She held her forehead in her palms and kept herself from breaking down. Andreliss pulled back her sleeves and stared at the scars across her wrist; tears filled the edges of her eyes. What was she gonna do? Different country, different people, different personality and she's still hated. How could this be? ~Why does he hate me?~ Andreliss gripped onto the scissors she had took before entering the bathroom alone and set the sharp part against her skin. She hesitated; she didn't want to go back to this, but what else could keep her from going crazy? Knock Knock Knock. A knocking sound startled the girl. "Lessie? You in there?" Changjo's voice calmed her. "Y-Yeah."

"Okay, Me and Ricky have our things now. We'll be in your room." He supplied, Andreliss didn't want to leave Changjo, afraid he would disappear again. Ricky couldn't keep himself from being paranoid so he suggested a sleepover which Clara couldn't pass up once she found out about it. "Arasseo." She let loose of the scissors as she sighed then stood and exited the bathroom. She walked to her room where Changjo, Ricky, and Clara were sitting on blankets for them to rest on. Changjo straightened himself up after placing he last blanket down and smiled at her. "Ready?" Andreliss smiled back. "Ready." She layed in her bed as Changjo shut the light; Andreliss saw nothing but darkness and blinked in thought. ~Why?~ She questioned to herself still in wonder and was distracted by sudden movement behind her. She froze scared to death as she felt warm strong arms wrapping around her. "Wha-"

"Shh." Changjo shushed, Andreliss twisted around bringing herself face to face with the boy. "What are you doing?"

"Shh, Just sleep. I'm here, I won't go anywhere." He assured her then kissed her forehead and closed his eyes. Andreliss felt baffled but safe and warm at the same time. Suddenly her worries vanished as he held onto her, she smiled and closed her eyes drifting off into her dreams.