Chapter 16

I Promise

They slowed to a stop and doubled over to catch their breaths, finally far enough away from the crazy blonde chasing them from behind. L.joe had chased Daniel around the whole mall and when they raced through the jewelry store; Niel gripped onto Lessie's wrist and dragged her away. Now they were hidden in a strange alley way; it was almost beginning to get dark and they were both fresh out of breath, but had already made it halfway back home. Once Daniel had caught his breath, he looked behind him to Andreliss who was still doubled over with not an inch of air in her body still. He figured she never ran much before since she was so slow at it; he had to pull her to run faster, but she was slowing him down so much he had to carry her at one point, but that of course didn't work out. He was sure to be more out of breath then her, but maybe women were not made to run so much.  Andreliss looked up at the boy wanting to question the crap out of him so badly, but she could even move her eyes without dying from breathing so hard. For a moment they both had thought she was never going to recover, but soon enough, the girl was able to stand straight again. She stood still empty of breath; Daniel smiled sheepishly at her glare. Andreliss slowly took her first step forward and walked away with a slight stumble,voicing not one word. Niel instantly switched to a cheesy smile, Joyfully knowing he had about twenty minutes of her all to himself. Lessie paused in her tracks and took a look behind her, making eye contact with him.

"You coming or not?" She inquired the boy who was still standing in the same spot gazing at her from behind. Niel noded and avidly traced behind her. Andreliss then turned away and headed off again. At first Niel was worried she had been angry at him for snatching her away so suddenly; it wasn't like her to be so taciturn, but he was sure she wasn't furious since she hasn't rolled her eyes yet. Plus, she seemed like a girl who's never gotten mad in her life before. Niel skipped his way up to her and barely touched the tip of her shoulder before she jerked and attached herself to the brick wall on the side of her histrionically. "Lessie?" She remained silent, hiding her face behind the thickness of her arms. "Lessie-ah, you okay?" He asked, puzzled. Andreliss hesitantly brought her arms down from her face slowly and looked at the questioning boy unknowing how to explain. Andreliss smiled. "Yeah, fine." She moved passed him. "Why'd you-"

"Huh?"

"You-"

"I what?"

"Why'd you do that?"

"Do what?"

"What you just did."

"I didn't do anything."

"But-"

"Wow! Look at the time!." She glance at the bare skin of her wrist. "We should get home! It gets dark out here pretty quickly."

"But- You-"

"Gaja ! "

Andreliss beckoned, then ran off. Niel paused and watched her skip away before he shrugged it off and followed along behind her, but still in wonder of what the heck just happened; She had flinched away from him with such celerity it scared him.

Most of the walk was silent in slight of a awkward way; Daniel questioned to himself now while Andreliss wanted to get home and busy as fast as she could before he could build up the guts to ask another question. He asked so many and repeated them so much she was beginning to understand why Clara taped every time she even looked as if she was curious; Andreliss snapped at him soon enough and he'd been quiet since, but her guilty feeling nagged at her the whole way home. The look on his face when she yelled was the same one Andreliss gave when she was in trouble, she instantly knew he felt some type of way, but didn't want to seem passive and weak by apologizing. 

She couldn't figure out  if he was this nice for a reason or because he genuinely wanted to be this way, she knew it was possibly genuine, but the devious lies of a hundred percent stuck to the back of her mind. She began to feel slightly nervous, but didn't find a reason why she couldn't be alone with him. The two friends stepped into the building when an excessive amount of noise hit their sensitive eardrums. They both flinched and looked up at the construction man making the same movements and facial expressions summarily. The whole lobby had been torn apart, nothing but the floor was left, even the elevator button had been torn out. 

"Jaesun-ah! Jaesun-ahhhhhh !! " Daniel called out in a yell.

"Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaat ! " Jaesun whined back in reply, sliding himself out from behind the ladder the construction man was standing on. "What the hell is going on here?" Niel inquired, Jaesun opened his mouth and answered, but the man began to drill again leaving Niel unable to hear.

"What ! ? "

"Remodeling !!!"

"What !?"

"REMODELING!"

"WADDLING ! ?"

"RE. MODEL-...ing." The noise stopped in the middle of Jaesun's sentence.

"Oh." Daniel replied back histrionically. "You couldn't tell us before we almost went deaf?" Niel added, his eyes followed the front desk man as he walked across the broken floor and behind his desk. "Boss never tells me anything," He searched through the paper work laying on his desk and organized them by apartment number. "I thought he was a burglar." He finished his organizing and looked up, finding a girl standing behind Daniel he hadn't noticed before. She wore a tucked in black stylish tank with gold buttons down the middle and nice salmon colored jeans at her waist. She seemed familiar to him; the girl looked around the lobby examining every aspect of it. Her tiny grin showed him she was quiet, but bright, and the gigantic way of her clueless brown eyes brought out her innocence. He gazed at her beauty. Jaesun wondered how Daniel didn't even seem slightly attracted to this girl, then he remembered.

 "Daniel, the apartments are finally finished, when do you want to have your neighbors moved?" Niel eyes widened, Andreliss caught eye contact with the front desk man. Jaesun smiled nervously and she soon switched to look at Daniel. "What?" Niel kept his eyes on Jaesun and sheepishly laughed as he gently pushed Andreliss' face away.

"Ha- Uh, yeah, about that." Jaesun's eyes rounded as he realized. "Ohhh! She's the neighbor you hate!" He pointed to the girl who's face was still under the force of Daniel's hand. Andreliss pushed his hand away and stared at the man curiously.. "What?"

"The day you moved in. He came in yelling and-"

"You know, Jaesun. You should'nt talk so much it doesn't suit you."

Jaesun opened his mouth to protest, but held back and pouted instead. "I think he still looks cute." The boys both jolted their heads towards her. "What?" she asked again, this time in a more puzzled way. Jealousy filled Niel from head to toe; Unknowing how to respond, Niel looked off to the side then back and forced a smile.

"You think I'm cute?" Jaesun asked excitedly, but before she could answer, Daniel rambled off again. He quickly ruffled Jaesun's hair and turned his body to Andreliss. "Lessie! Don't we have that..thing to do? You know the...thing." He quickly pointed behind himself then squinted and slightly noded trying to send the message to Andreliss. Lessie squinted back and cocked her head to the side. "Huh?" 

"The thing."

"What thing?"

"You know, we have to...paint...Changjo's..uh," He looked down and around for anything he could say, but everything had been broken off. The boy examined the newspapers plastered on some parts of the floor panicking until he found a picture of a smiling man on his new  'amazingly comfortable.' bed for a sleepy's ad. "Bed!" Daniel finished his sentence ebulliently. "Bed?" She raised a brow.

"Y-Yeah! We have to go paint Ric- I mean Changjo's bed! Common! lets go get it done before he gets angry!" Jaesun watched Niel snatched her wrist and pulled her away through the door to the staircase. Daniel never had such an amount of jealousy before it was overwealming; he wanted to explode but he knew it would blow his cover, so his second instinct was to get her away from him as quickly as possible before anything could get any worse for him and any better for Andreliss and Jaesun. He knew he was being selfish, but she was his and he is going to keep her happy, No one else was needed. They began their journey up the stairwells to the fortyth floor. Daniel started up the next staircase when he heard a hard breathing coming from behind him, Andreliss had uncontrollably lost her breath once again by the time she finished climbing the second staircase. Niel retreated back down the third staircase and gradually picked the girl up bridal style. She let out as much yelp as her breath would let her. "D-Daniel-ah, put me down."

"Your too tired to climb."

"I'm too heavy for you to carry me up all these stairs."

"I'll carry you to the ends of the earth weather if you were two hundred and one pounds or ten pounds."

 She giggled.

"Daniel- sunbae. really. You don't-ah!" Daniel twisted her around and let her fall close to the ground before he caught her. Her eyes stared widely at the hard floor an inch away from her face. He twisted her back up close to him and held her like he was dipping her in a tango. Their faces were close and her big brown eyes were still staring wide in shock. He gigled. "I like doing that to you. You look so cute when your scared," He scrunched his nose and smiled cutely. "Didn't I tell you you should call me oppa? I thought I had."He pouted, Andreliss noded robotically, then blinked. He stood her up and pushed her towards the wall. "Good," He simply pressed his lips against hers in a short peck. "Now, lets get back, I'm kinda hungry." The strange boy picked her up and skipped off up the fourth staircase.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cap hummed along to the song playing from the silicone ceilings above him. He threw another bag of beef flavored ramen noodles in the cart and pushed it a couple inches forward out of the way so he could get to the strawberry jello. He questioned the jello being in the same section as the soups, but quickly brushed it off concidering everything in this store was placed in weird places. Cap smiled, today was a pretty good day and felt like it couldn't get any better. He felt as if he couldn't do any better teaching these boys the things they have to know. The leader snatched about ten packs of jello and released them into the cart. He sighed with satisfaction; he wore his lucky black  mussle shirt, a pair of jeans from the hamper that he spayed with colone before he put them on quickly to replace the pants he didn't have and he held his favortie cap  that teen top members gave him for his twentyth birthday on his head. It was his "man" hat.

He gripped the rice bag and threw it into the cart; then started away with the cart and paused when he spotted pepero (Korean snack). He grinned and stuck his arm behind a number of boxes and pushed them off the shelf into the shopping cart then headed to the registers. One by one he bent down to take eveything out of the cart. After he paid, he carried the groceries out and placed them neatly into the trunk of the car. "Lalalalalala lalalalalala lalalalalalala." Cap sang while he placed the last bag down and closed the trunk. "Oh baby you got me crazy!~" the locks on the doors of his car unlocked themselves. He switched to whistle the tune and pushed the key into the ignition then switched on the radio that had been coincidentally playing the same song that was on in the grocery store. The car rumbled as he turned the key farther causing the radio to turn off then play again within a second. Cap furrowed his eyebrows and stuck his skinny head out the driver seat window swearing he heard his name called from far behind, but there was nothing but a big ball of people rolling towards his direction. They were like a flock of birds mirgrating south together, they all seemed connected somehow; they laughed and conversated, but there were so many they couldn't all know each other. He didn't recognize a soul, and since it seemed like he was only crazy. Cap pulled his head back into the car. "Hyung!" A familiar voice called from behind and this time Cap was sure. He popped his head out of the window again and this time saw a skinny yellow colored body running within the crowd. Each member of the group look back curious of the running boy. "Cap Hyung wait!" This time Cap was happy to know he was far from mental illness. Cap watched Chunji's funny running, laughing at how her ran up but moved forward. His knees almost hit his face and his arms swag up towards the sky. "Hyung!"

"Yah, I hear you." Cap assured Chunji who was wearing his favorite yellow sweater.

After a minute, Chunji had finally made it to the car window short of breath. "Who told you to take my sweater?" Cap inquired.

"Hyung," He took a breath. "They have Ricky." He leaned on his knees.

"Mwo? Who?" Misoo's heart skipped a beat, praying it wasn't was he guessed it could be. One thing he wished for the most was for this finally good day not to become another nightmare.

"A hundred percent," He breathed. "They have Ricky."

Cap furiously punched the steering wheel. " !" He yelled.

"They're hurting him Hyung, they killed his uncle." Chunji infromed his leader.

Cap slapped his hands on the wheel and pushed the gear shift into drive. "Where are you going?" Chunji asked.

"They wanna take Ricky? Fine. But they're gonna bricks, Chunji, they're gonna so many bricks." Cap replied, gazing in anger at the car rear in front of him.

"H-Hyung-"

"Two can play this game s!" Cap screamed before dangerously jerking the car out of the parking spot and sped down the street.

"Hyung!!" Chunji called out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Wow, It's been so long! Sorry guys, My computer got a virus and the guy who fixed it said it was this site:/ Idk but just thought I'd come and write another chapter! I miss my story:( Well, I might keep updating, hopefully. If my laptop doesn't decide to have problems.