Dinner for Two.

I Knew From the Start.

I'm going crazy. I really am. Being this way probably isn't considered healthy. When I spoke to Riah about our plans she told me that her and Simon were no longer talking to each other.

I felt a spark of hope light up inside me. Hearing the news just made my life a thousand times better. Knowing that I have a chance with the girl I've been wanting for so long is amazing!

Then the fact that she only thinks of me as a brother kicks in and brings me down again. Maybe because she was with Simon she said that? Or maybe it's because that's how she'll always feel.

Dragging my feet to the restaurant, I tried my best to keep a smile on my face. I would be having dinner with Riah after not seeing her for two long weeks.

When I walked in and told them my name, they said Riah was already seated. My eyes widened. She was here before me? Wow. That's a first.

The waitress escorted me to the table and there she was. The beautiful Kang Riah looking her finest. She looked up from her phone and smiled at me. 

I gave her a smile back, this time it was real and genuine. I took a seat and placed my drink order as the waitress handed me a menu. "Hello." I said.

"How have you been?" Riah asked as she took a sip of her water. 

"I've been good and you?" I lied. "I haven't been good. I've been so bipolar these past few days. Why? Because of you." I thought to myself but managed to keep a smile.

She nodded her head, "That's good. I've been alright I guess. Really tired and stressed out. My dad's dead set on making me take over the company."

I instantly thought about my dad. I went to visit him last week and the ending results weren't pretty at all. He called me to go to his office for a talk so we could "catch up."

Bull. He tried doing the same thing that Riah's dad does to her almost every other day. I got so mad when I found out that all he wanted to see me for was to talk about me taking over the company.

He doesn't even want to see his own son and have a normal conversation. Things were said that we both can't take back, things were thrown and destroyed, yeah it was that bad.

"Is something wrong?" I was interrupted from my thoughts by a concerned Riah. I gave her a small, droopy smile. My face must be so easy to read. "Nope." I responded as my drink got here and I took a sip.

We ordered our food and she continued to tell me the story about her dad. I stared at her the whole time but I didn't listen. I had my own things to think about.

I would just nod my head once in a while to assure her that I was paying attention. "You do?" I managed to hear her say. I snapped out of it, "I do what?" I asked.

She furrowed her brows and gave me a confused look, "I asked you if you liked someone. You said you do." My eyes widened and I felt the blood rush to my face. 

"Who's the lucky girl?" She asked as she smirked. "You're the lucky girl." "Oh, uhh, just someone." 

She laughed, "Am I going to meet her?" My heart sank at how happy she was that I liked someone. "I guess." I replied not interested in the conversation no more.