This Isn't My Style, But She Is.

I Knew From the Start.

 

“Yah Byun Baekhyun, c’mon! You have to come to this party.” I turned around to look at Chanyeol. He’s been my friend for a long time. He’s always going to these big ballroom types of parties. He invites me but I never go.

He’s a pretty successful guy. His dad owns a big technology company here and he’s set to take after his father. “You know I don’t like going.” I said as I continued reading my book.

He came and snatched the book away from me. “Please come, just this once! C’mon you could meet a really pretty girl.” He said wiggling his eye brows. I rolled my eyes, “I don’t need a girl right now.”

I swear, Chanyeol’s always trying to find me a girl. Just because he’s happy with his girlfriend, doesn’t mean I need one. Not everyone’s meant to be with someone, right?

He kept nagging and I got really annoyed, “Fine I’ll come to the stupid party!” I said in defeat. He jumped up in success, “You’re going to need to wear a tux! Don’t be late, the party starts at 7 sharp!” He said and ran out of my apartment.

I sat there looking at the wall, “Ugh, what did I get myself into.” I said as I threw myself back.

I washed up and got ready. I slipped on my tux which I haven’t worn since my dad got married to his recent wife. Yeah, my dad’s been divorced about 5 times, crazy right?

My mom died when I was just five years old. To escape the pain, my dad married about a year later but it didn’t work out. So he married again and again and again.

His current wife seems like she just might be the one. They’re really happy together. Oh, my dad owns a company too. He’s very successful just like Chanyeol’s dad but I’m not taking after the business.

I’ve chosen to go down my own path. I attend college right now; I’m studying to be a Biologist. I just love life and everything it has to offer. I live life each day as if it was my last. I truly cherish it.

I made my way to the location. It was a huge ballroom located here in Seoul. I got off of my car and walked in. I felt out of place being around these people who thought so high and mighty about themselves.

I spotted Chanyeol and made my way over to him. “You came!” He said as he hugged me. I greeted his girlfriend, Jandi. She was really pretty and they suited each other well.

I was looking around when I spotted someone. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. She was so beautiful. I’ve never seen someone as gorgeous as her. I was wonderstruck. She then disappeared.

About an hour later, Chanyeol tapped my shoulder. “I have someone for you to meet.” From behind him came that girl I saw earlier. My eyes widened when I saw her up close.

She was even more beautiful. How is it even possible for someone to look like this?

She smiled, “Hi, I’m Kang Ri Ah nice to meet you.” She bowed. I froze up and had no idea what to say. I opened my mouth but no words came out.

She looked at me just waiting for me to speak. Chanyeol patted my back and I was finally able to speak. “I’m Byun Baek Hyun, nice to meet you too.” I bowed back. She smiled.

Gosh, her smile was so breathtaking. I felt as if I was dragged to heaven just looking at it.

“Well, I’ll be going now.” She said and walked away. I didn’t want her to go but what was I going to say to keep her for a while longer? After all, we were strangers to each other.

“Chanyeol, who is she?” I asked. Chanyeol looked at me, “Oh, she’s Jandi’s cousin. Her dad owns a company too but it’s not that big. They’re still pretty rich though. From what I hear, she’s on her own. She doesn’t let her parents support her. Hey, she’s like you!” He said and laughed.

Like me? I needed to talk to this girl again. I had this weird feeling in my chest. I put my hand on my heart and it was beating extremely fast as I looked at her. What is this feeling? Do I like her or something? No, it can’t be. We just met.

When I left, I looked all around hoping to see Riah, but no luck. I left with a pout and drove off. I probably won’t ever see her again so I shouldn’t stress it.


First chapters are always so stressful >.< Haha, I hope you guys enjoyed it! Isn't Baekhyun just so cute? Make sure to leave your comments & give me feedback!