A Man In Love

A Man In Love

It was so cold.

Hyukjae knelt down beside the stone-cold marble and wept, his shoulders shaking with grief as he gazed at the grave of the man he loved more than anything.

Donghae had been everything he wanted and he stupidly let such an angel leave him.

He wished he could turn back time.

Kyuhyun leant down towards Hyukjae and embraced the latter, his heart breaking from the sorrow emitted from the frail blonde.

Why? Why had Donghae done that?

Pain wrecked the stoic male as he cried over the loss of not just his good friend, but his best. It was so unfortunate for Donghae to just leave them like this.

When the time came for them to leave their floral offering on the grave, Hyukjae broke down again. His hand trembled as it placed a deep red velvety rose on the pale marble. Hyukjae traced the outlines of the grave, his finger scraping onto the thorn of a rose that was left there. The blood that flowed out in a trickle stained the whiteness of the marble crimson.

It was time to let go.

Taking a deep breath and brushing away his tears, Hyukjae turned to face Kyuhyun, a sweet smile lighting up his features.

"Are you going to leave me too?" The blonde whispered, his voice wavering.

"Hyukjae...I will never let you go." Kyuhyun stated, pulling said man into a tight embrace.

Hyukjae smelled like roses.

"Saranghaeyo, Lee Hyukjae."

"Saranghaeyo, Chou Kyuhyun." The male replied, wondering deep in his heart whether he would ever mean those words again.

------------

Seven Years Later:

"Yah! Lee Hyukjae! Where did you put my notes?" Kyuhyun screamed, his mind in a state of panic as he searched for the stack of papers that he had entrust to his husband.

"God! Stop panicking! Its in your drawers, idiot!" A blond male strode in, glaring at his wedded partner in anger and slight amusement as the latter dropped everything on the floor.

"I'm going out, by the ways." Hyukjae informed before strutting out and leavign his frantic husband to himself.

The weather was really beautiful today.

Smiling, Hyukjae sat down on one of the park bench and pulled out his phone, about to plug in his earphones when he heard a tinkling laugh.

It was a laugh that he hadn't heard for years..

Glancing up, he saw a young man striding across the park, a book in his hand as he conversed with a handsome male.

But he didn't care about that handsome male.

"Donghae?" He called out, hoping for the typical movie scene where the character would turn around and they would reconcile after many years of hurting.

It didn't happen.

Both males continued walking as though nothing had happened.

Sprinting over to catch up, Hyukjae spun the male around and felt his heart stop.

Though the features were sharper and his frame was slimmer, Hyukjae would recognise Donghae's face anywhere.

"Donghae." The blonde whispered, earning a smile from said man.

"Yes?" Donghae asked, clutching his friend, Kibum, tightly.

"Its me, Hyukjae. I love you." The male pleaded, desperate for his lover to return to him.

"I'm sorry. I don't know you." Donghae cooed gently, Hyukjae's cheek like how he always used to.

"Nice knowing you." Donghae called out as he continued his stroll with Kibum, waving at the painfully handsome blonde.

"Its him, ain't it?" Kibum whispered once they were out of ear-shot from Hyukjae.

Donghae nodded and glanced down, tears blurring his vision.

------------

Flashback:

"Where am I?" Donghae asked, his voice hoarse.

"You're at a hospital." A young male explained, smiling down warmly at Donghae. The latter was about to ask what happened when everything flashed back in his mind.

The car crash.

"Have you told them about my condition?" Donghae whispered which the male shook his head too.

"I'm about to tell them. Why don't you go rest some more?"

"No. Don't tell them that I'm alive. Please." Donghae requested, gazing into the male's eyes pleadingly. After much silence, the male agreed.

"Thank you....um...?" Donghae faltered, unsure of how to adress the male.

"I'm Kibum."

End of Flashback

-----------

Taking a deep breath, Donghae turned slightly and saw Hyukjae still standing there, his frame still fromshock and grief.

Sorry, my love, but you deserve to be happy.

With that, Donghae spun around and strode off, a bitter yet sweet smile on his face.

THE END

-----------

Soooo, that's the end of this fic, please comment and tell me if you liked it.

Saranghae,

Evangeline^^