Two Directions

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

“Hello? Mong Ji Mong Ji!” Gary said with his usual cheerful self as he called his other half of Monday Couple. He just wanted to start his day by hearing the voice of the girl he likes. “Obba hello, I don’t dink I can go to the shooding doday.” A loud sneeze made Gary’s ears hurt and he felt worried as he heard how bad Ji hyo’s cold is. “Aw Ji hyo-yah do you want me to come over?” He said with sincere worry for her but instead of being touched Ji hyo replied coldly. “I don’t need you do come over. Just have fun today and let me rest. Goodbye obba.” The line went dead and Gary can only sigh at the cold treatment. She was just not feeling well and here I am bothering her when she is sick, no wonder she felt annoyed.

 

Gary arrived at the filming site with a heavy heart but his innocent face can’t hide the sadness he is feeling. The moment his Jae suk hyung saw him the older one laughed. “Yah, Gary, did someone die today? You look like death has come over hahaha.” Gary admitted defeat and didn’t try to hide his emotions anymore. “Stress!”

Gary was silent during the opening. They all wished for Ji hyo to recover fast but the atmosphere changed fast when Myuk Pd announced that today is couple race. Everyone cheered and hoped for idols, everyone except Gary. “There is only her for me! Don’t try to make my passion waver! Stress!”

“Are you sure you don’t want to be paired with the guests Garry-ssi? I’ll tell them to go home.” Myuk Pd teased while SNSD song filled the air.

 “Myuk Pd, are we having SNSD today? Yah! Gary hyung don’t be like that… Pd don’t make them go home! Be my last love SNSD!”

“Yah Haha-yah stop proposing to all the female guests, you’ll scare them.” Jae suk scolded Haha and soon they were squabbling like little kids. Gwang soo acted all shy and excited on the corner, Jong kook was saying something about winning today, Gary thought of Ji hyo and Suk Jin was worried that her partner won’t be satisfied with him.

“Come out SNSD!” They shouted at the top of their voices and soon Girl’s Generation really did appear one by one, making the members go crazy. Gary just laughed inside because he knows they are just exaggerating so it would look funny. The running man males have gone crazy now that it can’t be determined already who said what. “Wah! Taeyon!”

“Wow it’s really SNSD!”

“Saranghae!”

“Welcome to running man!”

“Hyung she is cold! Jong kook Hyung take off your sweater palli!”

“But why me?!”

“It’s for Taeyon!”

“Yah!” They stripped Jong kook’s hyung’s jacket leaving him shivering in the cold. “Yah! Why are you doing this to me! I’m cold!” Taeyon looked at him apologetically taming the tiger’s wild protests. “It’s okay Taeyon-ssi…” Jong kook said making Taeyon laugh.

One by one, the girl’s came out and soon the running man members have all said goodbyes to their outer clothes. They tried hard to fight the chilly air with only their shirts on. It didn’t help either that there is a slight drizzle. Gary tried his hardest not to think of Ji hyo and Jaesuk noticed it so he whispered to Gary, “Gary-yah, I know you miss her but just enjoy this day. It’s okay.” He nodded to his hyung and soon he was his normal peaceful self.

The girls introduced themselves. They clapped and cheered for Taeyon. Then it was Yuri’s turn and everyone noticed that the Giraffe is hiding like a little kid. “Yah Gwang soo-yah, why are you like that?” Jae suk said while he poked the giraffe’s sides. “Eyy! Jae suk hyung… it’s just that, I-I want to be paired up with… Yuri-ssi…” the Giraffe whispered then he blushed furiously and giggled. He tried to hide behind his hyungs to hide his embarrassment but he was too tall. “No! I don’t want to!” Came Yuri’s answer making Gwang soo’s smile vanish and he threw a small tantrum at the back of his hyungs.

“Hello! I am Jessica the ice princess! I like type B and O guys.” Said the ice princess complete with elaborate ‘o’ and ‘b’ signs. This made her fellow SNSD members feel embarrassed for her but the running man members thought it was really cute and so did the crew who almost melted despite the cold weather.

“Stress! I am type A! But actually, you are my type!” this made Jessica almost fell in the floor laughing. She remembered that Gary was known for his punch lines and she thought that Ji hyo was so lucky to have a funny guy beside her.  She sneaked a look at Gary while the other members are introducing themselves and wished that he would be in her team. Unknown to her Gary felt so nervous when he made that joke but seeing everyone laugh, especially Jessica, took some of his fears away.

The running man members performed a little bit of dance for the girls. Gary did his usual butterfly dance with a straight and serious face. Without meaning to, he sneaked a glance at Jessica’s direction. Gary found himself thinking why he did that, or why he felt happy when he saw that big grin plastered on her face while their eyes met. Gary felt much better and confident and as much as he hates to admit it, he owes it to the ice princess and he is looking forward to spending the day with her.

“I choose you…” he pointed his lips to Jessica who can’t look at his face without bursting into uncontrollable fits of laughter. “Gary-ssi am I Pokémon to you for you to choose me?”

“No you are not, Sicca. You are my type remember?”

“Am I not just unnie’s replacement in your heart?”

“Yah Sicca, why are you so fast? It’s only our second meeting today and you already want my heart? Stress!”

“Yah! Will you two stop flirting already? We need to pair up too!”

“Ay I’m sorry Jae suk hyung. Can I change my mind with this girl? Because I think she’s full of stress.” Gary asked Jae suk innocently but Jae suk told him to just hurry up.

“Yah Sicca, heard that? Palli and just answer me!” Jessica had collapsed laughing and she felt her insides and jaw already hurting. She had trouble catching up to Gary’s lines and she can’t help but just laugh at him. With difficulty in saying it coherently, Jessica finally managed to tell Gary yes.

Finally, everyone was paired off. The men sort of turned into boys guffawing over the girls, serving them in any way they can. The only pair who doesn’t seem to be so happy is the father- daughter combo of Wanko hyung and Hyoyeon. “Hyoyeon-ah, my son really likes you, you know. I like you too… (Suk Jin turns into the camera and whispers) honey I love you!” He even winked to his wife on the cam and Hyoyeon laughed at him. “Eyy, hyung, don’t scare Hyoyeon.” Said Gary as their team made their way into the car.

Jessica Jung fell asleep the moment the door of the car closed. Gary looked at the girl sleeping beside her confused if she was really tired, playing a joke or simply avoiding him. She had been in running man before but they never really talked much. “Are you really sleeping? Ice princess hello?”

“Is he sleeping Gary-yah? Then don’t wake her up and let her sleep.”

“Suk jin oppa, unnie is actually known for this. Among us girls she is the one who can fall asleep the moment her head hits something soft.”

 “Really? But Gary look, Hyoyeon is already calling me oppa… I was quite afraid that she would call me suk Jin ajusshi hahaha.”

There was no answer from Jessica. There was only slow and quiet breathing that made Gary smile. He remembered that before, Ji hyo also falls asleep often in the car. Ji hyo even prefers the backseat where she can stretch her legs and stay hidden from the camera. He tried not to laugh as he remembered Ji hyo’s very human sleeping habits, like snoring, opening , putting her hands inside her clothes and even talking nonsense. He glanced again at Jessica and sighed, even if people would prefer the youthful beauty of Jessica, it was actually Ji hyo he prefers to be beside him.

Gary started the car but Suk Jin told him that Jessica didn’t fasten her seatbelt. “But hyung, do I have to do that for her?” Suk Jin nodded and Gary tried his best not to wake up Jessica as he reached for her seatbelt. “A lot of people may think that I am so lucky, but really it’s a burden… so please don’t get mad at me SNSD fans. Stress!” unknown to him, Jessica woke up but pretended to be sleeping. She doesn’t know why but she just can’t tell Gary she is awake, especially when Gary leaned close to her. Gary carefully buckled her seatbelt and tried not to touch her. Jessica who was pretending to be sleeping really fell asleep until they reached the first mission location.

 

 

“Sicca! Wake up sleepyhead!” Jessica stirred from her slumber. She looked around her, looking for Hyoyeon. “They went ahead because you are so hard to wake up.” She smiled and tried aegyo to Gary by biting her lip and saying sorry to him. “I’m sorry oppa… it was an automatic move for me. I really fall asleep like that when I ride cars.” Gary playfully hit her head gently, “STRESS!” said Jessica and Gary at the same time. They both look at each other in surprise and then burst out laughing. Jessica continued to shout ‘stress!’ and Gary warmed up to her, enjoying her not-so-ice-princess personality.

The first mission requires them to have a picnic date at the park. It sounds romantic and the running man saw it as a good opportunity, until Myuk Pd destroyed their dream dates. “Wait, remember do this in three minutes!” added Myuk Pd with his evil smile which made the running man members groan. Each couple grabbed their bikes and baskets and ran to accomplish their missions.

“Don’t worry Seohyun-ah, my muscles can do this in 2 minutes!”

“But Jong kook oppa I am quite heavy.”

“Nonsense! You are light as a feather Seohyun.” The commander confidently mounted the bike with Haha-Taeyon couple behind them.
“Uri hyung! I love you but you are making me puke!”

“Yah! Ne dongsaeng!”

The weak members can only sigh as they try to tell their partners that they are really light while they struggle on the pedal. Well there was one though that is too honest to use some flattery. “Yah! Sicca! Why are you heavy? Is it you or the bike is just defective?”

“Ay oppa! It’s because you are weak! Stress!”

“No you are really heavy!” Jessica laughed as she clung to Gary’s waist. Normally if people tell her she is heavy, it makes her annoyed but with Gary, she didn’t feel bad. She even thinks it is funny. They arrived at the spot with the running man banner and ate as fast as they could. “Sicca don’t eat too much. You’ll get heavier!” Said Gary with his stressed face. But Jessica only stuck her tongue at him. She looked at Yuri and Gwang soo beside her and in the spur of the moment, she reached Yuri’s spoon threw it away and grabbed Gary’s shirt and ran away laughing. Yuri who was getting annoyed with Gwang soo, finally showed her temper. “Yah!” and everyone stopped and looked at her. She immediately turned shy and bowed, “mianhe.” Gwang soo stared at her with his mouth wide open. “Yuri-yah… I thought you are…”

“It’s your fault Gwang soo-ssi.” Yuri replied sarcastically to the Giraffe.

 

“Sicca, how much did you eat?” said Gary who was struggling in the uphill portion. “Stop complaining oppa and pedal faster!” they arrived and abandoned the bike. Jessica ran but Gary noticed she was having a hard time. Even if they need to hurry, he slowed his pace a bit and this didn’t go unnoticed by Jessica. So this oppa can be thoughtful too…

“Garry-ssi and Jessica-ssi…seven minutes, fail! Hahaha”

“Myuk pd are you laughing at us?”

“Pdnim! You want us again to go back? Do you know how much I suffer with this Gary oppa proclaiming everytime how heavy I am?” Jessica grabbed the Pd’s collar but missed. Gary held her hand and pulled it gently, they looked at each other’s eyes for a bit and smiled, “STRESS!”

At last, they finally succeeded after five tries. Jessica felt so full and Gary felt so tired biking repeatedly with a passenger who gets heavier every round. They went in the car and the staff told them to just go ahead without waiting for Suk Jin and Hyoyeon. Soon they hit the road to the next location.

 

“Kang Gary!” the pretty lady waved her hands in front of Gary’s eyes. She felt a bit annoyed that her partner is spacing out all the time. She crossed her hand when he refused to notice her and looked out of the window admiring the beautiful landscape. She never really liked varieties but running man was different. And if only her partner would be livelier, then she knows everything would be just perfect.

Is this oppa like this because he is thinking of Ji hyo unnie? She sighed and wondered what was so special with Ji hyo that a simple man like Kang Gary still thinks of her when someone like her is with him. Of course, she doesn’t live in a cave, she knows what people call her, the ice princess and everyone is mesmerized with her beauty. Earlier on the opening Gary acted all excited and happy to be with her and she even felt good that she was the one he chose, but now she regrets it. Don’t mind it Jess, it’s not as if he is your boyfriend or something… but still she is confused why he is so silent when earlier they were getting along just fine.

“Sicca, am I too quiet? I thought you’d like to rest.” Jessica was touched at his thoughtfulness. She realized that Gary is thinking that she wanted to sleep so he was not disturbing her. “Oppa I wish I have a boyfriend like you…” she blurted out in English.

“What? Did you say?” Jessica only smiled. “What was that? Stress! You know I never really like English.”

“It’s nothing oppa… I said don’t ignore me keke.”

“I’m not ignoring you, I am just awkward around pretty ladies hahaha.” Gary sneaked a quick glance at the woman beside him. He doesn’t know why he felt comfortable joking with her. Normally when there are only two people in the car it is awkward as it can be, but Jessica felt different. He doesn’t need to try too hard to make her smile, he doesn’t feel so helpless. “Sicca, I want to be someone you can depend on okay? So don’t try too hard, it will just tire you out.”

“I’m already doing my best oppa, did it look like I wasn’t?” Jessica pouted, she thought she already worked too hard.

“You are getting worked out because you laugh too much.”

“It’s your fault oppa for being so funny, but running man is really hard. It’s making me hungry too.”

“You are hungry again?” Gary chuckled and earned a hit from Jessica. “Stress!” Suddenly Gary turned right. Jessica looked at the GPS and noticed they are straying from the route. “Oppa, where are we going? Don’t you know how GPS works?” He didn’t reply but instead stopped the car in a convenience store. “Let’s go and grab some food.” Jessica didn’t know what to do so she just followed him. “Oppa, is this allowed during filming?”

“We often do this and don’t worry about the mission.”

“Okay! Since you brought me here prepare your wallet kekeke.” Gary watched her ran to the ramen and chuckled as she grab all sorts of snacks.

Jessica smiled from ear to ear as she placed her items on the counter. The clerk is already fan-boying over her but Gary was just eyeing her purchase. After paying for everything, they chose a table outside.

Jessica admired the view since their spot overlooks the nearby village. The air is chilly but she did not mind eating outside. She opened her ramen and ate the noodles like any ordinary person would. She got some crackers and put kimchi on it. Gary was just looking at her. He cannot believe how ordinary and weird she is. “Yah Sicca, eat slowly.”

“Wow, oppa I really missed this.” She slurped the noodles not caring if the soup is dribbling in her chin. Gary took some tissue and wiped it for her. Jessica stopped eating for a while. “Oppa this is like in the dramas you know…”

“Does it feel like a date?” Gary stopped midway his chopstick hanging in midair. What did I just say?

“Date?  Oppa are you being funny again?” Aigoo, what happening to me right now? Me and oppa dating? Think straighter jess!

“This is a couple race! So that means for today we are on a date and besides even friends can go out and just enjoy the day hahaha.” Jessica smiled at the thought of dating someone like Kang Gary. Dating oppa, I wonder how it would feel. Will he hold my hands, buy me a teddy, sing me a song and eat fish sticks on the street with me… will he drop me off my house and wrap me with his coat when it is cold? Jessica never really thought about dating. She goes out sometimes but it was never that fun unlike today.

“I can’t really go out like normal people do. I can’t go to the arcade or the amusement park without fans asking me for a picture or an autograph. If I hold a boy’s hand, the manager will scold me and the netizens would think badly of me. I work hard but it’s really hard to enjoy it. I am happy but I miss simple things like this. Even simply eating here with you oppa makes me really happy. And like you said I’ll treat this as a date so you should be good to me okay?” Gary nodded and thought to just go along with it. Jessica is nice to him, she is pretty and easy to be with and she just made Gary not think about Ji hyo.

 

They arrived last and everyone was doing their mission. They also hurried up to catch on to others. “Oppa, palli! Stress!” Jessica grabbed his hand and dragged him to the stores to look for couple items. Gary flinched but let her hold his hand. He could feel his heart beat racing but thought it was just because of all the running. “Yah, Sicca… why are you so impatient! Stress!”

“Ay oppaaa! Stress!”

Nearby, Hyoyeon and Suk Jin were watching the stressful couple bicker on prices. Gary, still dragged by Jessica, is looking at their connected hands. He didn’t expect her hand to be so warm. Hee Gun, did you really expect her to have ice-cold hands because of her image? He only smiled as he let her take charge, but a little voice in his head is telling him he likes it so much.

“Oppa, couple bracelets!” Jessica dangled the bracelets in front of Gary’s face. “Okay let’s take that one.” Jessica had an amazing time at the mall. Everyone may think she was just doing her best. No one, not even the two of them knows that it was more than just a simple mission.

They finally managed to finish shopping and was declared ‘pass’ by the Pd. The next mission venue is just on the upper floor. They hurried up to the rooftop. On the stairs, Gary noticed that Jessica is panting hard. “Hey Sicca, are you tired already? Want to rest for a bit?”

“No, oppa… I’m still fine.” Gary didn’t know how to make her feel better. He suddenly darted down, leaving Jessica alone. Yoona and Jae suk passed by asking her what happened to her but all she could answer was the famous ‘stress!’ of Gary. Yoona winked at her. Knowing Jessica well, Yoona was amused at the slight air of attraction between Jessica and Gary. Soon Gary arrived with sweat in his brows. “Here Sicca, drink this. Let’s go!” Gary offered his hand and Jessica took it. She grinned seeing Gary act like her real boyfriend. But it’s just a show… so don’t get to carried away Jess…

The third mission started. “Noraebang?” Gary raised his hand for a high five. “We can do this Sicca. It’s not that hard.” Jess just nodded and sat at a corner while the other couples are challenging the mission. Soon everyone is singing and dancing even if it was not their turn. Everyone is in light mood and was not really that serious with the mission. Jessica had so much fun dancing with Gary that she didn’t notice her other SNSD members are looking at her with amusement.

At last, the final destination was revealed. They all hurried up to their cars. “Palli oppa! I think we can still win this.” Gary just chuckled at her competitiveness. “Yah, Sicca… I told you winning is not the most important thing. I had fun today so even if we don’t win I’m fine with it.” Jessica thought the same too but she was too embarrassed to say it. Me too oppa… I had fun and I am really thankful that I got spend this day with you.

They didn’t arrive first at the last location but everyone felt as if they all won for spending time with the girls. The staff let them have a short break as they prepared for the next activity.

The girls almost collapsed on the makeshift tent as they sat on the chairs. They were all smiling and teasing each other with their partners.

“Hey girls, who was the most natural couple today?” Taeyon asked. And everyone pointed at Jessica. “Why me? Do we look that good?”

“Unnie, you did things today that you hate so much. You ran, danced weird moves and laughed at the simplest things.” Yoona said noticing that Jessica is already reddening. “I also noticed Jessica also likes to hold Garry-ssi’s hands a lot! Hahaha!” Chimed in Hyoyeon. “Yah, you guys stop it.” they some more but of course she denied everything. They only stopped when the staff called them.

They filmed that night for the part two. When they announced that they would have a cooking contest, Jessica almost groaned audibly. The girls knowing her cooking skills snickered.

“We want Jessica in our team.”

“Jae suk oppa are you sure you want me there?”

“Why Jessica, are you bad in cooking?”

“Oppa just take her so she couldn’t destroy our team keke.” Butted in Seohyun and Jessica nudged her secretly. “Aissh, just come over Sicca.” Said Gary nonchalantly. So then the Boy’s generation with Jessica and Girl’s generation team with Haha were formed. They have to cook their meals and the losing team will sleep on the truck.

“Sicca what do you want to cook?” asked Jae suk. Jessica panicked since she is not too familiar with Korean dishes. “I… can I do the rice?” she laughed and scratched her head feeling embarrassed with her lack of skill. “Are you here to help us or to be a spy for them?” joked Jong kook. Meanwhile the Girl’s generation are already leaving for the grocery.

“She is my partner today so we’ll do the shopping hyung.” Gary announced while he grabbed Jessica’s hand. The boys spoke altogether, dictating what the couple should buy. Jae suk was nagging him about ramen, Jong kook was telling them to only buy natural and healthy food, Gwang soo was complaining that he wants to be with Yuri and Suk Jin was telling him to buy soda. “Stress! Hyungnims, Gwang soo can’t you just list them off? I can’t remember all of those!” Jessica just laughed, her hand is still held by Gary and she was starting to get embarrassed.

Soon the couples were off to the market. Gary asked what Jessica likes to eat. “Everything oppa…” Gary just laughed at her reply. When they arrived at the grocery, Jessica made him push the cart. They started to pick up the ingredients. Gary discovered that Sicca likes to put weird things in her food, like ketchup and other western sauce. He tried to reason to her that it doesn’t taste good in Korean dishes but Jessica only looked at him confused and Gary had a headache.

They encountered Yuri and Gwang soo pretending to shop like a real married couple. They even borrowed some kids to act like their offspring. GwangYur couple looked somewhat sweet while the GaeSicca couple looks like a married couple on the verge of divorce. “Gary hyung, did you fight with your wife again?”

“Gwang soo, you will never know how much I suffer with her every day. I don’t even know why I married her. So Yuri please be good to my dongsaeng.”

“Yeah oppa, Gwang soo is good to me. He takes care of the kids, he cleans the house, he cooks and does the laundry and fixes the house.”

“Then Yuri what do you do at home?” asked Jessica who was just laughing at their ‘married life’. “Ah me? I go and earn money.” Yuri said straightly making the Giraffe laugh. The married couples parted and the GaeSicca couple continued to bicker.

 

 

“Oh they are here!” the hyungs stood up to welcome Gary and Jessica. Jae suk checked their purchases. He looked for garlic and soy sauce but can’t find any. “Gary, did you forget what I told you to buy?”

“I’m sorry Jae suk hyung. My wife doesn’t know anything. I kept on asking her but she only gives weird answers so I plan to divorce her.”

“Ay yah Gary-yah what are you talking about?”

“I said I’m going to divorce her, I can’t do it anymore! Stress!”

Jessica went to wash the rice. She was so clumsy with it. Soon there were grains on the soil. Gary came over to wash the vegetables, seeing Jessica made him smile. “Sicca are you planting rice in the soil? Aigoo, why did we even choose you?” Jessica pouted and turned towards Gary but when she looked at him, she suddenly felt shy. She quickly averted her gaze and continued washing the rice. “Why are you here oppa?”

“I’m going to was the vegetables.” He squatted beside her and took the hose. He accidentally touched Jessica’s hands making the girl move back a bit. “Are you still not done with the rice Jessica? You only need to wash it twice.”

“A-ah yeah oppa… I’m going now.” she abruptly stood up thus splashing some water on Gary. “Aigoo! It’s so cold! How can you be so clumsy Sicca?”

“Sorry oppa!” Jessica ran away from Gary confused at her weird behavior.

The teams finally finished cooking the meals. The boys’ stew wasn’t able to beat the girls’ menu. They tried to regain their pride by saying they let the girls win because they can’t let them suffer in the truck. Only one man was able to say the truth, “our food really , Jae suk hyung makes it taste like ramen and Sicca can’t even cook rice properly.” And he received scolding from his hyungs. They all said goodnights to each other and the boys warned the Girls to never drink anything the staff gives them.

Everyone changed into their pajamas and went to their sleeping places. The running man members all complained about the truck. It was still full of equipments and they have to clean it. The truck is also cold. Haha joked that it was the house of the Adam couple from We Got Married. When it was time to choose the sleeping positions, everyone wanted to be first because the part near the entrance is the coldest. Finally, they settled it with a game.

Everyone fell asleep as soon as they lied down. Jessica though can’t sleep and Yoona noticed it. “Unnie you’ll see him in the morning so just go to sleep.” Jessica pretended to sleep and ignored Yoona. She can’t admit it even to herself, but yes, she does look forward to meet Kang Gary again.

 

Morning time, the running man members are complaining on how rough the staffs are making them sleep in the very cramped and cold truck. Haha noticed the camp car of the girls missing and they all panicked. “Did you turn them into ajumas again?” complained Jong kook, Jae suk asked if by chance they turned into ajusshi this time, Gwang soo was crying for Yuri, Gary was relieved that Jessica won’t bother him again and Suk Jin is just grumbling about getting hit by someone who sleeps wildly.

The Pd finally managed to calm down the boys and told them to just go. One by one, they were transported to the nearby English village and there they met their new partners.

The girls are already waiting for the boys to arrive. Jessica saw the approaching car, whoever is in that car will be Yoona’s partner and she wished it was not Gary.  When it was confirmed that Gary and Yoona are a pair. Jessica didn’t realize that she actually frowned. “Wow so I don’t have to be with Jessica again?”

“Yeah oppa, you just got your divorce!” the two bickered again before Gary Yoona couple left to hide. Gary found a corner with barrels and he moved them so they can hide behind it. “Yoona, are you fine?”

“I’m okay oppa.” Gary remembered the good laughs he had with Jessica Yesterday. Yoona is very pretty but she is too feminine and he felt a bit intimidated by her. Gary tried to joke with her, but he is too nervous and awkward around her. “Oppa, do you like Jessica?” Gary looked away. It was quite dark but he felt like his face can betray him. He missed being around Jessica, he dreamed about her, she made him forget Ji hyo and he is feeling confused. “You do like her oppa. Jessica does not laugh that often. When she does it’s only in front of the cameras, so if you want to make her happy please do so.” Gary tried to just change the topic. He told Yoona that they should change their hiding place since they heard someone scream nearby.

They ran outside and found Haha and Jessica hiding in a corner. Gary and Jessica’s gazes met for a while. Unlike before, Gary can’t even say her name anymore. Haha told them to go away and hide somewhere else. When Yoona and Gary found another hiding place, Yoona whispered to Gary so the camera won’t record it, “see, you do like her.” Yoona smiled and Gary blushed. During the whole game Yoona’s words rang on Gary’s head. When they were eliminated, Gary just sat on the prison quietly. Jessica, Haha passed by, and Gary looked away.

 

 

The filming ended and the members are saying good-bye to the guests. Gary avoided the others especially Jessica. Yoona came to him and handed him a piece of paper. “It’s her number oppa.” Yoona smiled as she teased the Naïve man. Jessica looked at Yoona and Gary thinking they exchanged their phone numbers. She can’t really say it but she felt jealous.

 

A few days after filming, Gary went to eat in Haha’s place. Jong kook and Ji hyo are chatting together when he came, Jaesuk and Gil are chatting on the corner and Haha is serving drinks. “Gary hyung! Come here for a while.” Confused why Dong hoon is calling him, he first greeted the others and made his way to Haha. “O, Dong hoon-ah why did you call me?” Haha chuckled and poked Gary. “Hyung, keke I was texting Taeyon yesterday and she mentioned something.” Gary felt himself smiling weirdly while he tried not to panic. Thinking that maybe the girls are gossiping about him and Jessica makes him stressed. “Why? Don’t smile like that Dong hoon-ah, you are creeping me out.” Suddenly, Gary’s phone rang and an unlisted number sent her a message. Haha pointed his mouth to Gary’s cell phone. Gary sighed and read the message.

Gary oppa, you didn’t even said good-bye to me last time. I got your number from Seohyun.’

Gary looked at the message again and glared at Haha. “Gary hyung, how can I say no? They only asked your number.”

“Who asked whose number?” Song Ji hyo asked as she passed by curious at the red face of Gary and the evil grin Haha is hiding. “Oppa, what happened? Huh dong hoon oppa?”

“Ji hyo-yah Gary is…” Haha looked at Gary and chuckled. “Okay, just ask him, I’ll serve the food now.” Haha walked away, leaving the two in an awkward situation. Gary felt awkward despite knowing that he and Ji hyo isn’t a real couple, Jessica is not his girlfriend too but he feels so confused. “It is nothing Ji hyo, let’s go and have dinner.

The dinner went by successfully. They had a few drinks after eating but Gary didn’t even drink a drop. The others thought it was just because of his schedule so they let him off. Gary tried to stop Ji hyo from drinking too much but she just glared at him.

 Jong kook left early for gym, Gil went for a date, and soon it was only Ji hyo, Gary and Haha left. “Ji hyo-yah did you know, Gary hyung replaced you already with Jessica.”

“Dong hoon-ah, what are you talking about? Ji hyo is not my girlfriend you know.”

“Yah both of you and also the other oppa had a lot of fun with SNSD, right?”

“Of course we did but this hyung had the most fun with Jessica hahaha.”

“Hyung stop it! Didn’t you see how stressed I was with her?” Haha continued to tease Gary. Ji hyo just laughed at it. She is close to her running man family and even if she is part of Monday couple, she and Gary are just good friends. As Haha’s teasing got longer, Ji hyo’s irritation started. Ji hyo-yah why are you feeling irritated. It’s not like Monday couple is real…

“I want to go home now.” said Ji hyo. She stood up and felt a wave of dizziness. “Ji hyo-yah are you okay?” Gary held her arm to support her. “Gary hyung, can you drive Ji hyo home? I need to go somewhere.”

“Ah okay Dong hoon-ah.” He took Ji hyo’s bag and helped her get to his car. “Oppa you like her? She is prettier, younger, more popular… you fell for her right? You wanted to be Monday couple with that kid… you…” Ji hyo fell asleep without waiting for Gary’s answer. Just like the old times… he automatically reached for the seatbelt to buckle it for her but doing so made him think of Jessica. Gary sighed and tried to chase away the thoughts of Jessica. He drove slowly, his thoughts flying.

Before he met Jessica, he would always think of Ji hyo but now he is just feeling lost. They passed by a large billboard of Girl’s generation and Gary’s eyes immediately caught Jessica’s face despite the other eight beautiful women around her. Have I gone crazy now?

They arrived at Ji hyo’s doorstep but she was still sound asleep. Gary watched her sleep. is wide open, she is snoring again making Gary chuckle. He remembered why he fell for Ji hyo, and it was because of this. Ji hyo-yah… do you know why I like you so much? It’s because you are so pretty no matter what you do, even if you roll on mud I’d still find you pretty, you make me smile just thinking of you, you are always clueless about my feelings and still I like you for a lot of reason but mostly it’s because my heart says so. Because I feel happy with you.  But then, that girl is so much like you.

 

 

“Oppa… Gary oppa.” Ji hyo woke up and shook the sleeping Gary beside her. “Oppa wake up.” Gary opened his eyes and realized he was still in the car with Ji hyo. “Oh Ji hyo-yah… I tried to wake you up but I don’t have the heart to disturb you.” Ji hyo got silent. She felt that she have to say it. She needs to let go of the heavy thoughts she is carrying and get over it. “Oppa, do you really like me?”

“What are you saying JI hyo? Of course I like you.”

“Oppa, please answer me seriously. I don’t mean it as friends.” Gary hesitated, he the player in his car and his song filled the air. They listened to the song for a bit. “JI hyo, this is Leesang’s song ‘You’re the Answer to a Guy Like Me’… I wrote the lyrics thinking of you. This is how I really feel for you even if I know you don’t feel the same way I do.”

“Oppa, honestly I was grateful to you… I admit I got a little bit jealous when you act sweetly with other girls but I felt guilty too because I was selfish. I get jealous when I don’t even like you back.”

“Ji hyo-yah it’s okay if you feel selfish. I want you to think I’m just yours.” Gary turned to Ji hyo feeling happy. He held her hands thinking that maybe finally Ji hyo can return his feelings now. but she pushed his hand away. “No oppa, this is wrong. I want you to find someone worthy of your love. I can’t keep you for myself oppa because… I can’t give you my heart. I am sorry.” Gary smiled sadly and looked outside. His eyesight got blurry as his eyes watered. “So am I officially rejected now?” Ji hyo smiled and offered her hand for a handshake. “Yeah, I might regret it but for now I can’t really accept your heart oppa.”

“If you regret it later, you can still go to me.” JI hyo just smiled and got out of the car, before she finally close the door she turned around for a bit, “Gary oppa, I know you really wanted to answer her, so please do before I regret and come running back to you. If I run back to you, you won’t even be able to text her.” Ji hyo hesitated and closed the door. She went inside the apartment and hid behind the door. She felt her heartbeat racing in her chest threatening to burst out. Will I really not regret it? Why am I so confused like this? Why?

 

Gary watched Ji hyo until the door closed and he can’t see her anymore. He felt so sad and hurt to be left there. He knows ever since the first day Monday couple was made that he can’t really fall for her. At first, he was confident, but his innocent heart betrayed him. He just found himself falling for her over and over again everytime he sees her. No matter how hard he avoided it, he fell for her. He never tried to bring the couple thing outside the filming but now that he did, he was rejected.

His phone vibrated and he stared at another message sent by Jessica. He hesitated but still he opened it. ‘Oppa I texted you last night… but you didn’t reply so I was curious if I sent it to the wrong number. I am really Jessica so if you receive this text reply okay? Stress!’ He smiled thinking of the ice princess. He doesn’t really want to talk to anyone but the idea of Jessica made him smile. He replied back the first thing that came into his mind. ‘I am broken hearted right now. So do you want to drink with a man who was just rejected?’ Gary never thought she’d still reply so he drove off. His phone vibrated again.

‘Oppa, I just learned that someone I like had confessed to another woman… so let’s mend our broken hearts with a drink. I’ll wait for you in a private bar near our dorm.’

Gary smiled and read the message again. He contemplated on his choices. Will he come to her or will he choose to wait for Ji hyo? He stopped the car in a gas station and asked the crew to fill it up for him. “Sir here is your change.” The boy smiled cheerfully at him but Gary is thinking of something else. “Sir its okay now you can go.” He slowly turned to the boy and asked him, “is it really okay to go now?” the boy was confused but he just smiled it off. “Umm yes sir of course it is fine to go now. I have already filled your tank.”

“That’s right I am full. If I fill this up with diesel will it still run?” the boy is getting confused but he can sense that the customer is having a hard time. It didn’t take a lot for him to read between the lines, the boy sensed that Gary is talking about love. “Customer, if you put diesel in your gasoline car it will cause problems and your car may not even run, but it is possible to convert your car into a diesel one if you want. It is impractical, costs a lot and time consuming but it is not impossible if you really want it.”

“Then I guess I should go now…”

“Yes customer, have a safe trip!” Gary started the engine and sent the message he had been typing earlier. ‘Jessica, let’s try that, I’m coming over to treat you a drink or two. Then we’ll see if we will go further for a round two. I am really broken now because my gasoline is getting mixed with diesel, the gas boy said there might be some problems but it is not impossible, so if that is okay with you wait for me.’

The reply was short and fast but made Gary smile. ‘I’m waiting oppa, be careful. <3’

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally I finished this one sorry to have kept you waiting Fadedmoonlight ^^. I hope you like it and if you want her to end up with his gasoline I mean Ji hyo I can always redo the ending for you or if you don’t like any part of it I’ll fix it. I based it so much on the actual ep but changed a lot of stuff since this is just fiction and not an episode summary. Thanks for reading and I hope it’s not too long haha oh and another thing, i at titles so forgive my 'two directions' lolXD