The Giraffe is Serious

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

Gwang soo let out a deep sigh as he went out of his car. He just arrived to the filming site of running man but he wasn’t feeling well. For two years, Gwang soo pretended to be okay even if at times he felt sad and tired. Gwang soo is a comedian and he knows well that the show must go on.

Actually he doesn’t care if he looks ridiculous or if people laugh at him, but that person’s laughter is what he wants to hear best. For him no matter how loud his running man family laughs, it’s still that person’s laughter that he can hear. No matter how that person treats him on the show, Gwang soo never felt bad but happy for the affection.

“Yah, Gwang soo yah! Come here fast we need to start. Gwang soos’s thoughts stopped as he heard the not so gentle voice of the commander but just smiled. “Yeah hyung I’m coming!” He ran to the others happily and bowed in greetings to his hyungs and noona. Before the shoot, everyone is lighthearted and acts casually but when the tapes start to roll everyone becomes composed and acts like how their image in the show is. Gwang soo threw a quick glance to the older one beside him and admired how the person can be so gentle behind the camera and look fierce and tough on cam.

“I want to rip Jong kook hyung’s nametag today!” Commander stared at Gwang soo beside him and clenched his fist. On the screen Jong kook looks really annoyed by the betrayer and Gwang soo acts scared and he ran hiding behind the ace, but the ace only looks at him with a blank face with her hands in her pocket. The others laugh and Gwang soo only smiles silently on the corner. He glances again at the other direction and marvels how someone can look so cool like that.

The guest was introduced and they all marvel at how good she looks. “Wow! She’s so…” Gwang soo acts shy and covers his mouth as he blushes. He always acts shy around pretty guests but actually, he would rather be teamed with that person. Even if he betrays a lot and the person gets angry with him, he is fine because he just can’t reveal how he truly feels. Even saying or thinking about that person’s name is hard for him, because he just can’t admit that he is slowly falling in love with one member of running man that he considered his family for two years.

The grouping was announced and Gwang soo acted dismayed when he was not included in the guest’s team. “Why am I in this team!” the three other people in his team glared at him and he backed off. The ace and the commander complained of being with the easy brothers. “I and Ji hyo should be the one complaining. We are again with you two!” the commander retorted and Gwang soo looks lost. “Jong kook oppa is right. You two should better be useful today.” The ace said with her face still blank. Gwang soo just sighed as he noticed the closeness of the two. Of course, it was just a show and everyone was just trying to make it funny so Gwang soo didn’t mind the harsh words. What actually bothers him is that even when they are together that person feels so far from him.

The first mission started and Gwang soo stared the ace and the commander. His eyes looked down and focused on their hands clasped together and felt cheated. Big nose hyung grabbed his arms and smiled at him meaning fully before pulling his ear closer to him. “Gwang soo-yah, why are you soo obvious?” Gwang soo only shot his hyung a puzzled look and pretended that there’s nothing going on him when the truth is he is boiling in jealousy. Suk Jin only chuckled and Gwang soo tried his best to concentrate on the mission.

At the last mission as they were having a break. Gwang soo asked his manager for his bag and took out desserts for everyone. He smiled as he looks at the boxes of sweets, particularly at one box that he plans to give out to that person. He entered the room and Jae suk was standing near the entrance, his hyung looked at him and his boxes of sweets. “Wow Gwang soo-yah is this for us?” Gwang soo only nodded and tried to give one to Jae suk, but when he tried to use one of his hands, the sweets almost dropped to the floor. “Keke, I’d help you Gwang soo-yah.” Jae suk reached for the pile while Gwang soo prayed hard that Jae suk won’t pick the one for his crush since it was the favorite of that person.  Alas, Jae suk picked the one Gwang soo was planning to give to that person and he only sighed in dismay. Everyone was happy to receive Gwang soo’s little affection, well except one person who didn’t like the flavor of the dessert…

“Gwang soo, we should win today. When Jong kook and Ji hyo had taken out most of the other team, we’ll ally with the survivors and take out the commander, then we could win.” Gwang soo looked at Suk Jin and nodded. He doesn’t really want to betray their team especially that person but it was what the viewers expect of him. Even the love he feels is not enough for him to change his betrayer blood. Besides, not doing it would make his feeling revealed to the world and he can’t do that. Firstly, he and that person can’t be together, secondly that person looks at him as a dongsaeng and third he is afraid of rejection.

The last mission of survival was announced and Gwang soo felt like someone punched him when the ace and the commander left holding each other’s hands. He momentarily stared at the two with pain in his eyes. Their laughter filled the air but it made his ears bleed. He felt a nudge beside him and realized everyone was looking at him weirdly. “I was just staring at Jong kook hyung’s nametag!” Everybody laughed but Gwang soo was only masking his pain.

The plan worked well but easy brothers lost again. After their betrayal Gwang soo can’t look at that person’s eye. “Yah easy brothers! The two of you are really too much. Gwang soo-yah I won’t ever want to be with you again.” The ace crossed her hand and the commander laughed as in disbelief. Gwang soo looked at his teammates and caught his breath looking at that person. “I’m really sorry hyungnim.” He bowed low and the tiger can’t help but just laugh at him. “What about me?” Ji hyo retorted, but Gwang soo’s sorry was muffled by the other’s laughter.

 

 

Gwang soo looked at the clock and he was reminded by his manager that he was about to be interviewed by a reporter. He nodded and continued his radio guesting. The show ended and Gwang soo went to the small conference room where a reporter is waiting. “Oh Lee Gwang soo-ssi, hello and thank you for your time.” They bowed at each other before sitting comfortably. “Gwang soo-ssi, so how are you now?”

“I’ve been great although I have also been quite busy. I am thankful to everyone out there especially to all the fans and my friends and to my running man family.”

“I see you have so many projects and it’s like you don’t get tired at all?”

“Yeah, I have so many projects, but they are all minor roles so it’s not that hard hahaha. To the Pds out there please give me more dialogues, I am not as handsome as Joong ki, but I am good too… and I also have a lot of stamina. I don’t feel tired at all.“

“You are so funny Gwang soo-ssi. About your running man family, who are you closest to?”

“I am close to all of them. I always drink with Gary and Haha hyung. Jong kook hyung would always listen to my drunken blabber although he doesn’t drink. Noona would practice with me act, Suk Jin and Jae suk hyung are always advising me on everything.”

“I didn’t know you and Kim Jong kook-ssi are close.”

“We don’t show it on T.V but hyung is actually close with everyone. He is gentle and kind. He is always there when you need something and he does not hit anyone. We even go to gym and spas together.”

“Are you just saying this because you are scared that Kim Jong kook will get angry?”

“We are close! Hahaha although it is not obvious in the show.  No matter how much we fight on screen, we are actually close in real life. Remember the saying the more you hate the more you love?  Hyung, saranghae!” Gwang soo felt red though while he shouted ‘saranghae’ but just smiled through the interview. The reporter finished and thanked Gwang soo.

 

 

Gwang soo woke up and looked at Ji hyo who picked him up for their dubbing project. “Ah noona thanks for picking me up. I don’t know why my manager broke the car again.”

“It’s okay Gwang soo-yah. I would feel bad if I let you take taxi when it’s so far.” Gwang soo just smiled. “Gwang soo I’m sorry if I bully you a lot on the show… you don’t feel bad right?”

“Of course noona it’s fine. It doesn’t hurt at all so you and Jong kook hyung can always bully me hahaha.”

“Keke Gwang soo-yah, you said you loved Jong kook oppa right? I had read your old interview before.”

“I-I love everyone on running man noona… everyone really.”

“Gwang soo, your face keke. It seems you like Jong kook oppa?”

“No! It’s not true noona hahaha that’s really absurd.” Ji hyo chuckled at Gwang soo’s red face and she continued to . Gwang soo was just speechless as his heart races. Soon Ji hyo fell asleep and Gwang soo was free to stare at her noona freely. As he stared at Ji hyo, he can’t help but think of Jong kook. He wondered why the two are so close feeling jealous of Spartace. Even when they are not filming, the two would look like a couple and it is hurting him. He sighed and looked away thinking about his bruised heart.

They arrived at the studio and started their dubbing work for the animated film. Gwang soo and Ji hyo had fun the whole day. Even the crew noticed that everyone is laughing especially at Gwang soo and the only time they get to rest is when Ji hyo and Gwang soo enters the dubbing room.

After they finished the recording for the day, a reporter wanted short moment to ask them about their new movie. Since it is a good way to promote, they happily allowed it. The interview went fast and Gwang soo as usual was being his funny self. “Lee Gwang soo-ssi, if you star in a lead role who does you want to be your leading lady?” Gwang soo without thinking just blurted out the name of the person beside him. “Ji hyo noona.” Everybody burst out laughing; even Ji hyo and everybody thought he was a good comedian. “What’s wrong with it? Why are you laughing so much? I’m serious!” but still everybody is laughing hard and a few minutes was needed before they can continue.

On the way home, Gwang soo noticed a smile forming on the corner of Ji hyo’s lips. “Noona, tell me why are you holding your laughter like that?” Ji hyo ignored him but Gwang soo continued to pester Ji hyo until she gave in. “Gwang soo, that punch line is really daebak you know… pfft, me your leading lady and you even want a love scandal. Kekeke it’s so funny even until now.” Ji hyo bursts out laughing and Gwang soo stares at her in disbelief. He knows it may sound funny to others and he is aware that he looks like he just said it for the laughs. “Noona why are you laughing again so hard a while ago?”

“Because it was so funny… Gwang soo yah you are a true comedian! Keke.”

“What part was the funniest?”

“The leading lady part hahaha”

“It wasn’t funny noona!” Gwang soo pouted and crossed his arms. Ji hyo stopped laughing and looked at the younger one closely. The closeness made Gwang soo caught his breathe and Ji hyo realized he was being serious. “Why are you suddenly like this?” Gwang soo looked at Ji hyo with a sad smile on his face. “My heart had been just broken noona, because the girl I like just laughed at my confession… I like you Seung im noona… no matter how violent you are. Even if you only have eyes for Jong kook hyung. That’s why I always try hard and try to beat him… because I love you.”

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

i know i still have lot of requests left, but i really need to get this out of my system... and as you can see ji hyo doesn't answer because i seriously don't know how to answer a confession from someone like gwang soo and i seriously can't think of them as a couple.