Prettier than Me (Lizzy-Joong ki fic)

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

Lizzy took a deep breath, reached for the door of her van, but whenever she reaches for it, her knees would shake, and her hand would lose its strength. Her manager cheered her up but Lizzy was so nervous and fidgety.

 

Today is Lizzy’s first day on running man and she is so nervous. She kept on wondering if she would fit right in the family. She is a bit intimidated by Ji hyo because she is strong and has a good character in the show and them being both girls would surely attract comparisons. She kept on thinking on a character that people would like, but she just doesn’t know how.

 

Fed up with her manager’s naggings, she gathered her wits and after muttering, a prayer got out of the van. She opened the door and saw the crew preparing for the show. She didn’t see the other members and felt a bit relieved that she doesn’t have to face them, yet. She jumped out of the car and smiled to herself, before she could close the door she noticed a man standing behind her.

 

The man was so gorgeous, he seems to have light emanating from him, the sun shining on him made him look like he was glowing. Lizzy felt weak again at the sight of the beautiful male in front of her. She thought she would be compared to Ji hyo in terms of skills and strength, but now she will be compared to the glowing man in terms of looks, and she can’t believe how pretty he is. “Anyeohaseyo, I am song Joong ki… you could call me oppa.” The pretty boy with a cheerful smile extended his hand, but Lizzy was so mesmerized by him that she could only stare at him.

“P-pretty…”

“Ah neh? Pretty? Oh yes you are… well pretty.” Lizzy caught herself and scolded herself quietly.

“hahaha, that’s not what I mean… but I am Lizzy from Afterschool, nice to meet you o-op, Joong ki-ssi Please take care of me!” she bowed so low hoping to hide her red face. She can’t believe she just made a fool out of herself in front of the pretty boy.

“Hahaha you are cute, but don’t be so formal to me… I feel old.”

“Ah, neh sorry…” Lizzy found herself unable to say more and she thought she was going to melt in front of him. “Lizzy, let’s go… I think I can see noona there with the cast.” Lizzy followed him and sure enough, there was Ji hyo. She felt a bit awkward to see the two have a very close relationship, and she felt like an outsider with them.

 

The other members came and Lizzy was thankful to end the awkwardness, it also helped that Jae suk was very nice to her and the other members. She kept on stealing some more glances on the pretty boy while politely pretending to listen to Jae suk’s legendary chatters.

 

They started the opening and while everyone was introducing her, Joong ki suddenly said something that surprised Lizzy. “Show us your aegyo Lizzy.” Everyone cheered but she was so embarrassed and at the same time happy, because it seems that the pretty oppa likes to see her aegyo.

 

She cutely covered her face with her hands and pretended not to like it. “Shiro!” she pouted and stomped cutely, making everyone, even the crew aw. She ended it with the classic buing buing! And she had a new image – running man’s aegyo queen.

 

The day was bliss all thanks to the members’ warm welcome. It also helped that she had a character right on the first day. After filming, everyone congratulated her with her successful first filming.

 

“Lizzy… you were great!” Uee gave her a hug the instant she stepped on their dorm.

“Really unnie? But how did you know? We haven’t aired the episode yet…”

“I had your manager spy for me on you… he even sent pictures. But I saw something…”

“What is it unnie?”

“You have a crush on Joong ki oppa hahaha!” Lizzy was surprised and doesn’t know what to say. Sure, she finds him cute but she wasn’t sure she likes him like that.

“Unnie what are you saying? It’s not true haha… nice joke though.”

“I am not joking and I am sure one day you’ll be like this…” Uee put her hands together and formed a heart shape and she teased Lizzy more, making the younger girl embarrassed.

“b-but unnie! I really can’t like him!”

“Why?”

“B-because… he is prettier than me!”

___________________________________________

Several filming passed and Lizzy had become close to the members all except the one she likes the most, Joong ki. She noticed that he was always hanging around Ji hyo, and even if she doesn’t have the right to, she felt jealous.

 

After filming Jae suk treated the members to dinner. As they take their seats, Lizzy found herself beside Joong ki and she felt very conscious. Because of her nervousness, she spilled water over her lap and Joong ki was quick to hand her some tissues.

 

“Oh Lizzy are you okay? You seem to be sick…” the others was concerned for her but her eyes are only looking at one man. She absentmindedly excused herself and made an excuse about recording.

 

She felt heavy as she went out of the building. When she was at the car park, she remembered that her manager left and was supposed to pick her up later. She turned back to go back, but she remembered she was supposed to be somewhere. She sighed and went to hail a cab. Lizzy, why are you so affected around him? You weren’t like this before…

 

“Are you fine?” Said a voice behind Lizzy. Now I am hearing his voice, am I falling in love with you? She thought.

“Lizzy, I said are you okay? Where is your manager?”I’d ignore him, he’ll go away… if I turn my back he won’t be there, and I’ll just be hurt. Lizzy still thought she was just dreaming.

 

She continued to stare on nowhere, when suddenly bright lights flashed and she stood there in shock unable to move. A strong set of arms pulled her to safety and when she saw whom her savior is, her eyes widened. “Oppa… why… you are real?” she didn’t notice she was already crossing the street and good thing Joong ki saved her. “Lizzy! Are you okay? You scared me…” Lizzy was confused and she just stared at him.

“Seriously, I have been calling you for like ten minutes but you ignored me. Are you sure you are fine?” she wanted to ask him why he seems to care for her, but before she can say anything a group of high school students passed by and squealed to see Joong ki there. To Lizzy’s surprised, he held her hand and led her away.

 

They went to the car park and Joong ki went to his car.

“Get in…” as if in a trance, Lizzy obediently followed him and they drove away in silence.

“O-oppa… why did you follow me back there?”

“I was worried… you looked sick. I’ll drive you to your dorms.”

“Oppa, can you just drive me to my mom’s? It’s not that far.” Lizzy knows he was just being a gentleman, and she hated the way her heart feels otherwise.

 

 

“Lizzy we are here…” she stirred from her sleep and cringed when she felt something wet in her face. She tried to wipe it secretly while praying hard that Joong ki didn’t see it. “Ah yeah, thank you oppa… w-well, err drive safely, I guess.” She can’t directly look at him and she hurriedly opened the door, but she was fumbling for it and can’t seem to open it. “Lizzy, do you hate me?” Her eyes widened and she slowly turned her head to him. Joong ki was looking ahead and not facing her. The shadows covered his pretty face and Lizzy struggled to read his face. “You are always avoiding me. Whenever I try to talk to you, you suddenly come up with something, and I am bothered by it. I feel like I did something bad to you, I don’t know, but please say something… Lizzy” he slowly turned to her and now Lizzy could see his handsome face darkened with worry and sadness. She didn’t know what to say to Joong ki but her heart wanted to reach out to him. A knock on the window both called their attention and Lizzy was mortified to see her mom there smiling wildly.

 

“Come on children eat up. Oh Lizzy why do you look so thin? And young man, you look so pretty.” Joong ki almost choked on his cake after hearing Lizzy’s mom call him pretty. He smiled politely and continued to eat. He can feel Lizzy’s mom sizing him up so he focused his attention on his food.

“Ma’am your cake is really good. You’re really good in baking.” Joong ki grinned and Lizzy’s heart stopped for a while. “What a good boy you are. But I didn’t bake this cake. I bought it in the store.” Joong ki laughed awkwardly but the truth was he is feeling weird. The three became silent and Lizzy felt like she was dying from the awkwardness.

“Actually I am surprised that Lizzy brought a man here.”

“Omma! What are you saying? He just dropped me off.”

“Shut up my daughter.” Her mother hissed at her and then turned to face Joong ki, smiling sweetly. “You are Joong ki right? At first, I was really worried about this daughter of mine. I thought she only dates girls after school, but now that I met you I’m really relieved.”

“Omma!!! Who said I am dating girls? We are a group omma! Afterschool is a group! I’ve told you many times already, they are not my girlfriends!” Joong ki chuckled looking at mother and daughter. Lizzy thought Joong ki won’t like her anymore. He must think she is weird. “Don’t worry ma’am. I know Lizzy doesn’t have girlfriends.” Lizzy turned to Joong ki looking confused at what he just said.

 

Lizzy’s mom left the two of them alone and Lizzy was too embarrassed to even look at Joong ki. “Oppa, I don’t know what up with me. I just hope you forget this day because it was really embarrassing.” Joong ki put his hand on Lizzy’s face and raised her chin. “Lizzy, do you like me?” Lizzy met Joong ki’s eyes and she blushed bright red. She tried to avoid his gaze but he pouted making her feel all gooey inside. “Actually oppa… okay fine, I admit it I like you.” Joong ki smiled and Lizzy thought she was going to melt right there while staring at his face.

 

“I’m really glad you do Lizzy. I like you too.” Joong ki leaned closer to Lizzy until their faces are almost touching. Lizzy closed her eyes and waited… “Lizzy-yah… I had prepared your room. You guys can continue there.” Her mom suddenly popped in the dining room and left as fast as she appeared. “Ah omma!” Lizzy was bright red and Joong ki was just chuckling biting his lip ily.

_________________________________

 

 

The night passed and left the ground covered in white snow. A young man handsomely ran on the snow while the camera captures his boyish good looks, in the background, viewers can hear a song playing, oh, my pretty pretty boy… A smiling woman appeared and the pretty boy turned to look at her. Upon the recognition of the new comer, he grinned.

 

“Oy, noona over here!” he smiled and waved at her. The woman ran to the boy and splashed snow on his face. Without losing his smile Joong ki cutely avoided the snow Ji hyo throws at him. Joong ki tried to stop Ji hyo from throwing some more snow, but she isn’t easily going to let him. Their laughter echoed in the skiing resort, until finally, Joong ki grabbed her on the waist and they both rolled on the snow. For a moment, they lied on the clear snow, looking at the sky, trying to catch their breath. Everyone thought they were so cute, the viewers melted at Joong ki’s pretty smile.

 

Everyone adored the song song couple, which they said, are a true visual couple. Even the other members can’t help but giggle at their cuteness, even the Joong ki’s fans are quite forgiving to the song song siblings. Others are debating if they should be a couple or a sibling, but still people can’t help but adore their overflowing cuteness… well except for one person.

 

Lizzy turned off the television, she can’t watch anymore the sweetness of the couple on screen. Even she can’t deny the good chemistry between the two. She regrets quitting the show although Joong ki already told her many times that her career should go first. Still she can’t help but think that if she stayed she won’t have to hide and the people would be the first to pair her off with him.

 

Her phone vibrated and she ignored it. She hated her situation, she wanted to be angry but she knows she is powerless even if it was just Joong ki’s voice. The phone continued to vibrate so she tossed it on the table and went to her room.

 

Lizzy changed into something comfortable before practicing her dance. She had been preoccupied with love for the past few days that she wasn’t able to memorize the new dance steps, even her Uee unnie was worried about her.

 

She got the feel and in no time, she was dancing gracefully with confidence. She stopped when she realized it was almost 12:00 am, satisfied at her dance. She grabbed her towel, wiped her sweat and coolly turned off the music. When she turned around, a man was casually leaning in the door, grinning at her. Lizzy frowned at the sight of him but her heart lurched, touched by his dedication.

 

“Lizzy… I am sorry…” Joong ki bowed his head and when he looked up at her, she melted seeing his cute puppy eyes with his bottom lip seductively sticking out.

“Why are you sorry oppa, did you do anything wrong?” Lizzy tried hard not to look at him as she spoke in straight voice. Lizzy you need to resist no matter how y or cute he acts! He should learn not to make you jealous.

“I know you watched running man and you must be feeling bad. But noona is a noona… we are just the song song siblings, so don’t be mad anymore huh? Lizzy-yah please?”

Lizzy pouted but refused to meet his eye. She was determined not to fall for his tricks that night, and it was so hard. She walked out of the room to the kitchen, but Joong ki followed her and hugged her from the back. He placed his head on her shoulder and she felt his hot breath near her ear.

“I am really sorry for making you feel like this. I really hope that you won’t ever doubt my love for you because I am sincere with my feelings.” Lizzy can feel his hug tightening around her and she let out a deep sigh.

“Okay oppa, it’s all fine… you know I can’t really get mad at you either.” Joong ki turned her around and now they are facing each other. He grabbed her waist pulling her closer to him. “Oppa what are you doing?” she asked teasingly but grinning nevertheless.

“I love you Lizzy-yah”

“I love you oppa, even if you are prettier than me…”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

k-popconnection I hope you like this...It had been a long time since I updated here, so sorry. I had been writing angsty stories lately so I think my fluff is a fail but I hope you still like it anyway^^

Merry Christmas and Happy Shipping! XD