That Oppa, Middle me and My Best friend

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

I had been doing running man for two years now as Song Ji hyo the Ace. I actually prefer being called the ace than being called Monday Couple with Gary oppa not because I have a boyfriend, since we already broke up although we haven’t let the public know yet,  but, I don’t know I just don’t like it. The problem is some Pds and staff made a stupid bet and I lost so now I have to do them a favor. The Pd asked me to bring a friend in running man, but whom should I call? Ah should I call an oppa? Ah no they will just tease me, hmm... then I’ll bring my best friend, I am sure they will all like her.

 

“Oh hello, Ji min-ah? How are you?”

“Oh unnie, I’m good, just staying at home… and you?”

“Just the same keke actually I want to invite you... if you are not busy...”

“Where unnie? Do want me to guest in running man?”

“Oh! How did you know?”

“Of course I know my best friend well keke don’t worry about it, I’ll definitely come”

“Sincha? Yey! Gomawo Ji min-ah... I’ll tell the pd right away.”

I felt happy that she said yes right away but something is bothering me, it seems she said yes right away and I know she rarely appears on variety. Oh well maybe because she loves me a lot. I called the Pd and confirmed that I will bring my best friend Han Ji min and seriously I swear I heard him fall in his chair, tsk. Tsk. They’ll certainly fuss over my beautiful friend.

 

Running man filming day came and I went to Ji min’s house early to fetch her. She seems really prepared and determined just like me, we are really best friends.

“Unnie I am really excited to be in running man”

“Sincha? I thought you didn’t want to go on varieties”

“Umm that’s true but you are there and besides I like to meet someone…”

I felt strange and nervous, I wasn’t expecting this and I have this feeling that I know who she is talking about.

“Ji min-ah palli tell me! Keke I can’t believe you didn’t tell me before”

“Ah unnie this is embarrassing... but I’m actually Kim Jong kook-ssi’s fan”

I must’ve looked shocked but I don’t know why. She is my best friend and oppa is really close to me too, I shouldn’t be feeling like this. But what is this? Ah no why would I feel like that. I tried to forget it while I try hard to show Ji min that everything is fine.

“Unnie, why did you became so quiet? It can’t be... you like him too?”

“Ah Ji min-ah don’t spout nonsense of course not... he is just a big brother okay... so don’t worry and get close to him”

My best friend continued to chat with me but in reality I wasn’t listening to it anymore, all I can think of is my confused feelings.

___________________________________

 

We started filming and as I have predicted they went crazy for Ji min then accidentally I met Jong kook oppa’s gaze but I quickly looked away. I was so confused, why can’t I look at him?  He looked so happy to see my friend and I felt strange. I shouldn’t be like this but secretly I wished they won’t be in the same team, I secretly wish he teams up with me. But why? I’m so weird today.

 

I was overjoyed when I learned oppa and I will be in the same team today, I sneaked a look at Ji min’s face and I saw a bit of disappointment but it made me happy, then again I scolded myself for thinking like that.

We did our first mission. It was hard and cold because we did it in the water. I fell and my eyes sting, I drank some seawater but powerful arms pulled me to safety and I looked at oppa, he looked worried so I smiled at him. I forgot being uncomfortable and tired because he is beside me supporting me making sure I don’t fall. Is it so obvious that I hate falling in the water? Because even if I don’t say it oppa holds me tight as if he knows how I feel. I realized then that oppa actually is always beside me helping me, confusing me… and for the first time as if a flashback I remember those times when he held my hand so I don’t stumble, he carried me on his back even if I am heavy, he gave me drink when I am thirsty and he is always gentle even if others don’t know it. But why am I thinking about that?  I must focus so oppa won’t suffer anymore, I really hate stepping on his back, and he must really feel painful. But I actually like it whenever we are together and it’s strange. I’ve always liked being with him following him staying by his side, even if I trust the others I trust him more and I can’t betray him… do I l..li.. No that can’t be who doesn’t want to be in his team? He is strong, smart, and good at missions and he makes me feel… oh? We already finished? Keke why am I thinking so much… we finished it already…

 

I felt happy finishing the mission first but I’m worried for Ji min she must be feeling cold already.

“You did good Ji hyo-yah” my ears felt hot, oppa praised me so I felt happy. During the whole day I stuck to his side we won some more missions and I told myself, this is why I like to be with him…

 

In our last mission we have to eliminate the other team and I know this is our victory. As long as oppa is with me we could do it. I held out my hand to him and he reached it, but I wasn’t prepared for the sudden jolt I felt when our hands touched. I wanted to drop his hand as if it was a hot potato, but I can’t because it is weird. So I endured it but my mind doesn’t know what to do and my racing heart doesn’t help either. Is this because of nervousness? Maybe I am just excited for the game? Please don’t be like this my heart… I dropped his hand and I faced him, but I lowered my gaze when he looked directly at my eyes. What is happening to me? Why am I like this?

 

Then I and oppa prepared to attack the other team, it was exciting and I tried to forget those things that are not important. Oppa ran after them, and he was really fast I followed him and made sure to support him as I eyed the nametags of the other team.

I was about to rip one of the oppa’s nametag but  Jae suk oppa ripped Jong kook oppa’s first  and I got suddenly angry I attacked Jae suk oppa too and I succeeded. Then I felt someone rip mine but it was okay at least Jong kook oppa still has a nametag he bought before and besides easy brothers are here so they can do it. What!? Gwang soo! That mad jerk he betrayed us again? As if those two can win against the other team, just what were they thinking? As they teamed up against oppa I felt annoyed… why do they always team up against him… but uh I also do it sometimes but still…

 

We lost and it was because of Gwang soo’s betrayal. I don’t know why I felt annoyed before but I felt bad, they are just doing their best to make it fun and entertaining… maybe I was just tired so I’m glad anyway that we could already rest.

________________________________

 

 The filming was for two days so we stayed in the hotel. We had dinner with everyone but I can’t bring myself to talk, so I just ate quietly.

“Unnie are you fine? I was actually quite worried about you…”

“I am fine Ji min-ah thanks…”

“But unnie I can feel that something is really bothering you…” what? Something is bothering me? I don’t really get why she said that I am really okay…

“Ji min-ah did you get tired?”

“Yeah unnie this running man is really challenging but it was fun and I won!”

“kekeke see it was tiring and I’ve been doing this for two years so don’t worry okay I am just tired… anyway I am glad you beat those traitors kekeke”

“Keke thanks unnie any way I’ll give you some vitamins later so you’ll feel better”

“Yeah thanks best friend” she stood up and walked over to Jae suk and Je dong oppa and I am happy that she feels comfortable around my running man family. Then Jong kook oppa was walking towards me, but I was quite surprised when he stopped walking and sat beside Ji min-ah. I thought he was going to me... but yah Seung im! Why are you doing this? Am I crazy? Why?

 

 I was sleeping when I felt Ji min get up and go out. I don’t know what is wrong with me but I decided to follow. I stopped dead on my tracks when I saw a familiar figure, it’s Kim Jong kook oppa, I felt betrayed, I felt confused seeing my best friend talk to him. I must have gone crazy though for being jealous when I shouldn’t be.

_________________________________________

 

Morning came and I barely slept, I don’t know why but I felt brokenhearted when I shouldn’t be. Ji min looked really bright and pretty so I decided to forget my strange feelings or else people might notice.

The staff told us to get ready and we had breakfast together. I wanted to sit down besides Jong kook oppa like we always do, but Jae suk called out to Ji min-ah and told her to sit down the empty chair between him and Jong kook oppa. Ji min looked at me and I just smiled to her, but I actually felt heavy hearted when I sat down beside Suk Jin oppa and Gwang soo-yah. Everyone fussed over Ji min and no one even talks to me, but I let it slide I can’t be acting childish just because of this stuff. So I silently ate then went back to my room. We were told that filming will start soon but I wasn’t finished preparing. When I went down they are all doing the mission already.

Ji min won the first mission and I felt proud of my best friend. We continued on to the next mission and it was really absurd. How can we give autographs when no one is here? I just chuckled Running man is really getting awesome.

“Oppa what if no one goes here? Will I be left alone here?” I asked one of the VJ’s but they just smiled at me. It was really boring and I stood up shouting if anyone is there, but I was just answered with silence.

Then a Pd gave me card. Oh it is a mission just for me! I got excited, I really like doing missions. I read it and it made me confused. One of the oppas confessed to Ji min-ah and if I could force her to choose my choice then I win. I got challenged but I still felt a bit bad because I have to fool my bestfriend.

The Pd asked me several times already, but I don’t know who to pick. Suk Jin and Gwang soo is out of the question since no one would probably believe it, Jae suk oppa… but he is married so he can’t be. Je dong oppa worked with Ji min-ah but I know Ji min-ah treats him like a good friend… Haha is a good choice but he already did the first love concept with Han Ga In unnie… so I have to choose between Gary and Jong kook oppa…  Jong kook oppa would be good but I don’t feel good ah no! Because it will be hard to fool him he would surely notice that I’m up to something… and besides I don’t really feel comfortable seeing him with... what am I thinking! Am I crazy?

“I choose Gary oppa!” what? Aissh anyway at least he won’t know I have a secret mission because that guy is really naïve.

I thought I would never finish the mission but thank goodness a lot of people went to my spot to sightsee. I was really happy to finish the mission but as I think of what may happen later I get nervous. Can I fool my best friend? But even if I tell myself it’s because of my mission, somewhere inside me I can feel something different but I am too scared to admit it. I sighed and wished all the bad feeling to go away as I look at the peaceful blue sea.

________________________________

 

I looked around the daum headquarters. The place was really huge and beautiful. They gave us the mission but I already knew about it and I was just thinking on how to convince Ji min-ah to choose Gary oppa.

 

The others went around looking for clues, and I thought hard of who could be the one who confessed to my best friend? But first I have to find clues and if they can point to Gary I’ll show her but if it points to another member I have to hide it.

 

One by one clues turned out and my biggest hope was the clue duet. Gary oppa is a member of a duo. But I feel nervous about the clue they found on the gym… if it’s a gym I can only think of Jong kook oppa… but no it can’t be he told us he doesn’t like to linked to anyone now… but that baseball player Kim Jong kook, the awards clue they all point to Jong kook oppa… but if he is really the one who confessed… to her why do I feel like this? Aissh it’s only because I will lose if she chooses Jong kook oppa, yeah that’s it… maybe…

 

“Ji min-ah don’t you think it is Gary oppa? Only him, Je dong and Jong kook oppa are the best choice since the others are already out…”

Ji min-ah I’m really sorry for fooling you but this is just the mission, please choose Gary oppa please…

 

Gary and Jong kook oppa are left and we all gathered in the final place I feel so nervous to know who Ji min’s true love is. I know it is not true but I feel really nervous about her choice. I looked at Jong kook oppa and he is smiling so widely as Ji min held his hand. But why do I feel strange seeing him like that with my friend? Why do I feel as if I was betrayed? Why?

I noticed Ji min is looking at me… why is she like that? It was really strange as she explained that she thinks she will lose. It was as if she was explaining it to me why she will choose that person. I patiently waited for her decision and the longer it takes the harder my heart races. Then she raises the hand of her choice… it was Jong kook oppa and she was right… but I don’t feel right… why?

 

“Unnie? Are you fine?”

“Oh… Ji min-ah err I was just thinking about something…”

“But really I know something is not right… unnie please tell me”

“Ah but really I am fine… did you have fun?”

“Keke I did I really wish I could come back…”

“Keke me too… then what do you feel about Jong kook oppa?” I was really scared to ask her but I just can’t help it.

“Unnie I told you I am Jong kook oppa’s fan… and I like him but after today I like him more…” I tried to smile but I feel really heavy and Ji min must have sensed it because she let me sleep while we were going home.

_________________________________________

 

“Oh Ji min-ah? Why are you calling?”

“Unnie can we go out? Are you busy?”

“Eh not really where do you want to go?”

“Great! Just meet me around 4 later in our hang out place… wear something really pretty okay? Bye unnie!”

That was strange… but any way I have to go and I also have to say sorry to her for last time. I really felt wrong acting and thinking like that.

 

I went to our hang out place, it was a garden café and the owner is our friend so we could hang out in their rooftop garden peacefully without anyone crowding around us. I mentally prepared what I was going to tell her as I go up. As I walked to our usual spot it suddenly rained so I ran, drops of rain went to my eyes so my sight got blurry then as I step under the shed I felt myself slipping on the floor. I braced myself and closed my eyes as I waited for the painful part… but I did not fall? I looked up to see who caught me to thank that person.

“Jong kook oppa?! What… why are you here…?” what is happening why is he here? Did Ji min called me to be a chaperone for the two of them? I stared wildly at him and he just grinned there. Then my phone rang and I quickly answered.

“Yah Ji min-ah? Are you playing jokes with me?”

“Unnie I’m really sorry… kekeke but I caught you…” I stared at oppa then I gathered my wits as I talk again to my best friend.

“Caught what?”

“Unnie listen to me okay? I noticed when I went to running man that you are acting weird… and something was really bothering you, so there I am helping you know…”

“You could have just told me I am like that why…”

“Wait unnie you are weird because of oppa right? I knew it from the start when I said I am his fan, keke I was just testing you because you always tell me about him. And I know you followed me that night in the hotel, you didn’t like it when I chose him so I know you like him… and unnie he might like you too so fighting!” I heard a long beep and I sighed.

“Oppa sorry I thought…”

I wasn’t able to even finish up my sentence not when my body is being crushed against Jong kook oppa’s muscles and not when I was being… kissed, not when my heart is beating wild, not when my mind suddenly realizes I like oppa. Then he ended the kiss and my knees felt so weak. I couldn’t talk as my throat feels so dry so I just stared at him.

“Ji hyo-yah… yah are you fine... hey!”

I could feel him shaking me but I was still frozen… he k..ki…ssed me… why?

“Can’t you really see it? Your friend was really right you are so slow, two years isn’t enough for you to even get a clue… I LIKE YOU JI HYO-YAH!”

“Yah oppa! Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Don’t you know that I almost died? And I really felt so jealous last time!”

“Keke I’m sorry… but why did you get jealous?”

“Because…” I stopped, I can’t say it gosh I am so embarrassed, but I like you too oppa...

“why? Come on Ji hyo-yah tell me…”

“Just… bec…cause….because I like you too!”

Oppa grabbed and gave me a really tight hug and I felt happy. So this is why I was like that, I was a big fool for not seeing his feelings for me.  Ji min-ah, gomawo bepu-yah!

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­__________________________________________

 

This is no one’s request but I made this a long time ago so I decided to post it now… i was actually like yoo chun and ji min because of rooftop prince so i might do a fan fic about yoochun ji hyo and ji min next time if you like and maybe add jaejoong too haha XD

and sorry if i haven't worked on the other requests yet i'll try to finish them before our classes start again ^__^