The Beginning 2 of --

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

A/N: This is the continuation of the first MC drabble I posted, so you might want to read that first. I am not sure how long these series of drabble would be or how it ends, but anyway it's for those people who want MC. I'd appreciate a comment on the story instead of complaining because I am trying my best, thanks. 


Gary closed his eyes, stretching his arms over his head. He yawned and looked at the clock. It was almost four in the morning. No wonder he was feeling a little bit chilly and sleepy.

 He stood up and went inside their makeshift room in the studio. Only to find Gil snoring loudly with a notepad on his chest. He was hugging it closely as if it was some kind of treasure. Well in a way it is. That’s how it was for them, but now it felt different. There was something else now, asides from that one he loved so much.

Music, lyrics, the melody harmonizing those notes, creating art of sounds. That was his life just like Gil. He chuckled and snatched the book from his hyung then pulled the blankets over his sleeping form. The older one grunted as if saying thanks and Gary lay on the sofa to doze off.

He stared at the ceiling after failing to fall asleep. He placed a hand over his chest and scolded it, stop it, you’ll see her later in the filming anyway.

Please don’t give me any more trouble...

Please...

Gary didn’t know how long it took him to finally fall asleep. All he knew was that he was still thinking of her, and then maybe he dreamed of her… or was it his imagination?

 

 

“’Morning hyung.” he mumbled seeing Gil in the recording booth. He found coffee in the pantry amidst the mess of instant food and takeouts. He took note to have someone clean-up and got himself a cup. Gary blew the steam and took a sip, gagging at the bitter stuff. “Hyung, is this even coffee?”

“Yah, if you want something better then go get a woman to do it for you!” the older one scoffed, standing up to reveal that he was cleaning up some equipments. “By the way, you have filming today right?”

Gary only nodded, nursing his burned lips. He splashed cold water on his face in the sink, muffling Gil’s voice.

“Hee Gun-ah, are you listening to me?”

“Huh?”

“I said ask her when you see her later for the MV. I’ll do it if you can’t.”

“Hyung we talked about this.” he wiped his face on Gil’s shirt annoying his hyung. “Anyone will do but not her.” Gary added.

Gil pushed him away, hitting him with the towel in his hand. “Then tell me a good reason why it can’t be Song Ji hyo. Why?”

“She’s busy.” Gary blurted before realizing it was a very stupid reason. Gil stared at him and waited for him to continue, clearly unsatisfied. “Why are you torturing me hyung?”

“Because you’re keeping secrets and that’s not how we do it.”

“Fine, it’s what you think hyung. I c-can’t because of that. I-I to her… it’s not just a love line anymore -- it’s real now.” Gary heaved, as if it was so tiring to say all those words. He faltered for a while but quickly caught himself. “There I said it hyung, happy now?”

Gil smirked to Gary’s annoyance. “Yah, Hee Gun-ah… you’ve never been like this before. You know she’s perfect for the role and you said before you do what’s best for our craft. So this is not just a crush? Wow, it’s that serious eh?” Gil chuckled but for Gary there was only silence and chaos inside him.

Gil was right. He does everything for music, gives his all in it. It was his life, the only thing that could relax him, and draw him in deep. It was the prettiest thing in the world, the one he loved most to do -- until he met her and became so confused. She was the one who kept on appearing everywhere he looks, even in his mind, his sleep, his dreams, and… as much as he hated to admit it, in his heart.

Gil observed the younger one who was sighing and staring at nowhere. He knew he needed to help his brother or else the younger one would destroy himself in the long run. He placed a hand on Gary’s shoulder. “Yah, Hee Gun-ah… you either confess or suffer like this. Just invite her and see what happens.”

Gary turned to Gil with a sad smile, knowing that Gil only wanted to comfort him. But it wasn’t that simple, he pushed away the older one’s hand. “I can’t hyung.”

“Why? Just try it. If she rejects you, at least you did it and what if she likes you too? Confessing or staying silent, both ways it’ll will hurt.”

“And destroy what we have? No hyung, just don’t anymore…”

Gary started to walk away, grabbing his overnight duffel bag. Gil knew he was leaving for the filming but he also knew if not now, Gary would never listen to him anymore. “Hee gun-ah, Kang Hee Gun! Just try it, won’t you? What about things you could have if only you brave up?”

Gary shook his head. “Hyung, the reason why I don’t want to risk it… I-I,” he reached the door and he paused, gripping the metal handle tight in frustration. “That’s how important she is to me… that’s why I can’t.”

He opened the door, closed it gently and stared at the long white corridor. He forced a smile but failed, finally feeling how rattling it was to finally say it loud, making it more real and more concrete.

He looked ahead, groaning. Had he mentioned before how he hated walking in that long empty tunnel?

Well at least Gil didn’t say anything more, nor did the older one follow him out.

Gary moved forward, his steps heavily echoing in the emptiness. His heart beating fast, with pain or excitement -- he wasn’t so sure with numbness consuming him. He wiped his brow and realized he was sweating.

 

It was already eight in the morning. Two more hours before Running Man filming, two more hours until he sees her again.

 

He breathed deeply and started to jog, ignoring the protests in his mind.

Following only what the one in his chest says.