Snippets - Kim Jong Kook

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

 

The man stared open mouthed as a dash of something red sped past him. It wasn’t the same as the stuff one would see in a movie like The Incredibles, but the expression of the man running like a lunatic bore a resemblance to a superhero and seemed that he was into the role too much.

He sped past the gawking man and flashed a bright smile that could rival that of Superman. He felt powerful and so fast after drinking the secret potion. His eyes darted in every corner, he acted as if he was moving at lightning speed when in fact he haven’t even reached the next block after a minute of running. A little girl pointed at him shouting ‘Superman!’ He flashed another smile and made the women blush and squeal. He is Super Kook and he is today’s hero.

Something caught his eye. It was a shiny thing and seemed out of place. Shiny things shouldn’t be in a fruit stall right? Curious, he slowed down and brushed to his side an invisible cape. He is Super Kookie in a mission.

The ajumma smiled at him and he posed like a superhero straight out from a comic book. He gracefully plucked the shiny thing from the pile of oranges and grinned seeing that it was a Running Man badge.

Lee Gwang soo saw him. How did that hyung find a badge?

Running as fast as his impossibly long legs could carry him, he dashed to Jong kook. The older one turned around and raising his arms like Superman he shouted, “Super Kook! I’m here to save mankind!” and off he ran to the next station, swaying as if he has a cape that doesn’t really exist.

The Ace soon joined dumbfounded Lee Gwang soo and they both laughed and wondered what Super Kook had for breakfast. “Noona, do you think he would be fine?”

“Of course he would be… he’s Super Kook.” Lee Gwang soo just nodded. It was Kim Jong kook after all. The one who takes everything seriously.

Snippets – Serious(ly adorable) Kook


 

The muscled man cutely stomped his feet. Soon his too small, age inappropriate rubber shoes flashed, its blinking lights activated. The six adults plus the other witnesses all bit their lips and held their breath.

It was Kookie’s aegyo attack and they are not allowed to laugh. Actually they can, but they’d rather not in fear of losing their lives, err I mean their nametags and in case of the staff their… nothing really but still, no one dared.

Soon Kookie started putting his hands to his head forming a heart. He had trouble forming the shape due to his popping muscles and had produced a rather awkward oblong.

When the Pd announced that it’s an individual race, they all ran off leaving Sparta alone with a nervous crew.  Myuk Pd bravely smiled and got a growl from Kookie. “Myuk Pd did you smile?” Jong kook asked, his tone dangerous.

Myuk Pd actually sweated. He can’t be forced to work out again with this ‘cute’ monster. He remembered last time’s experience when Haha cried. Gwang soo almost jumped out of the building. Ji hyo has used all profanity available in the Korean language. Jae suk became a mute. Ji Suk Jin had to get a check up with his orthopedic. Gary almost had to cancel a gig. Joong ki missed a shooting. Lizzy ‘lost’ her phone so they weren’t able to contact her. VJ kwon Ryul skipped two meals due to fatigue. Dong wan escaped by disguising as the guard and he, Myuk, had to get acupuncture treatment the next day. The crews were lucky enough that they can’t fit to his favorite gym and Cho Hyo Jin had been smart enough to get a cold that day.

“I was joking with Hyo Jin-ah…” Jong kook thought for a while and smiled sweetly before running off somewhere in a stomping aegyo manner that looked awkward and tiring.

Song Ji hyo ran to the bathroom and laughed at the image of Sparta acting like a five year old. The rest also hid somewhere to laugh with their VJs after making sure that it wasn’t recorded.

Myuk Pd literally collapsed in the floor after Jong kook was gone. He’s still shivering after remembering the gym session with Jong kook.

“Hyo Jin-ah, who prepares food for us?” Hyo Jin looked up from the game manual and pointed to a woman beside Dong wan. “You either fire her or make sure to never feed Jong kook again that green organic stuff.” Hyo Jin and the rest of the crews nodded eagerly blaming the secret stuff for his behavior, but immediately stopped when Jong kook once again passed by.

Snippets – Aegyo Kook


 

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!” Lee Joon’s scream echoed in the empty corridor as Jong kook suddenly appeared in front of him. The older man only smiled evilly as his thick arms pinned the idol in the floor.

“Hyung! Chaebal! Hyung noooooo!” a punch landed on his face and Joon realized it was Cheondoong pinning him on the bed.

“What happened to you?” Joon swallowed before crying uncontrollably. “I had the nightmare again… I was being chased by 300 Spartans.”

“300? Isn’t that Spartan just Jong kook hyung?”

“You don’t understand… Sparta hyung is as scary as a legion of Spartan soldiers! I s-swear…” Cheondoong sighed and slapped Joon until he came to his senses.

 

 

“Myung soo! Kim Myung soo!” Myung soo opened his eyes and stared at Hoya his eyes darting wildly. “L, what’s wrong with you? Don’t you have shooting for running man today?” the boy only nodded unable to speak or admit what made him scream.

L’s worst nightmare is to be photographed in a bad angle. It had never ever happened before and he takes pride in it… except that when Sparta appeared in his dreams, he lost it and out came a string of ugly photos that made him scream in terror.

 

---

“Jong hyun-ah, how can you still smile?”

“Why?” Jong hyun only smiled for the umpteenth time. He looked high but Yong hwa knows it was because of anxiety.

“How’s Jong kook hyung Yong hwa?”

“He’s really fast.”

Jong hyun smiled and the other boy shook his head in worry.

“Is he really scary Yong hwa?”

He nodded at the question and Jong hyun’s smile grew even bigger.

“How many minutes can I survive if I see him?” Yong hwa shrugged, it was an obvious question that Jong hyun won’t last a minute. The poor boy’s gums now showed. With every question, his smile grew that Yong hwa had to slap him lest he rips his mouth.

 

---

“Min ho oppa, what if Ji hyo unnie… I’m the only girl and I’m sure she will be pitted against me.” Min ho looked at his companion and held her hand briefly. “Don’t be scared Sulli-yah… we practiced right? And you might be paired with Ji suk Jin hyung anyway”

“But… there’s also the commander to worry about.”

“Eyy don’t worry. Min ho is one of the elite idols when it comes to sports. He’s in dream team remember?” said Key but Min ho never replied. His next words were – ‘Anyeohaseyo Jong kook hyungnim!

 

---

“Kwang hee –”

“I know! My goal today is to be funny. I had long ago given up of thoughts of winning.”

“That’s right. Just be funny until Jong kook hyung takes you out.” advised his manager and Kwang hee counted with his fingers. “What are you doing Kwang hee-yah?”

“Including the opening and closing plus the introductions in every game… I had roughly 10 minutes to make everyone laugh.”

“Why don’t you include the time spent in games?”

“Pssh… as if I can last a minute in those games. Haven’t you seen the last idol match? I can’t last a second out there. If there’s one thing I can’t fix it’s the stamina hyung, there’s no surgery for that.”

 

---

The idols and the running men team finally met and everyone smiled at each other but the young ones practically froze at the sight of Sparta that they needed to film again the opening.

“Boys… and girls, why are you so quiet? Are you uncomfortable?” Jae suk said as he approached the kids cheerfully. The other Running Men tried to make themselves look younger and more friendly but the more Jong kook tries to look friendly, the atmosphere only grows even more awkward that Jae suk had already guessed what the problem was.

“Ah, so it’s Jong kook making you all like this? trust me we’ve live with it for years…” the idols only groaned in dismay and Jae suk glared at Jong kook but immediately stepped back after the tiger growled back at him.

Snippets – The Commander


 

“Ji hyo-yah, raise your hand like this. That’s right! Okay maintain that position and don’t move.” The ace sighed but didn’t move a muscle. She was tired of arguing with the coach and she just wanted to finish the mission and enjoy a quiet dinner.

“Dong hoon-ah, because your legs are short you –”

“Hyung! We are not even teammates!”

“Yah Jong kook-ah! Stop coaching everyone and go back to your team!” scolded Jae suk but instead, the coach’s attention was diverted to him. “Jae suk hyung… your posture is fine… but your pants are too tight –”

“Yah!”

Snippets – Coach Kim


 

Sang Hae lovingly looked at the basket of flowers. She woke up to its sweet fragrance and she immediately felt better. She went to the kitchen and saw fresh fruits and vegetables in the table. Warm breakfast also awaited her. She saw a card. The handwriting in the piece of paper looked familiar. She was the one who thought those hands that wrote those words.

Omma, please take a lot of rest. I didn’t wake you up but do know that I love you! <3

p.s. will call you after shooting, please eat a lot, I personally cooked it.

-From the son of the most beautiful

And loving woman in the world, Jongie

 

‘Ah, my sweet Jongie. Even driving for 5 hours to see me because of a simple sore throat.’ she thought.

Sang Hae ate gratefully with thoughts of the sweetest son in the world.

Snippets – Jongie the son


 

A fan longingly looked at the man of her dreams. He was standing in the middle of mean looking entourage. They all looked big and intimidating. She secretly took a picture but forgot to close the flash. One of the guards saw her and glared.

She soon found herself being cornered by the burly guard and she wasn’t able to speak since she came all the way from China and her English was limited. “I-I sorry. Like Kook oppa.” she thought her only memory of him would be forever deleted when someone called out and the burly man turned around.

It was her oppa walking towards her. It was in slow motion to her as he neared. His fragrance was very manly and his eyes, she thought she’d gone to heaven and she only stared at him openly. “From where are you?” he asked in clear English. She stupidly pointed to China Airlines and he chuckled making the fan all flustered and shocked.

Jong kook got her camera from the bodyguard who was actually his manager. He wrapped his arms around her and took a picture of them.

“Take care my friend, I am glad to meet you.” with that, he gave her a signed CD and gave her back her camera. He walked away leaving the fan crying tears of joy. She knows she’ll never meet a man as perfect as him.

Snippets – Jong Kook the Star


 

“Oppa! Where have you been?” Ji hyo scowled at the older man as she angrily stuffed with sweet potato. Jong kook sat beside her but she stood up and went to the kitchen.

“I’m sorry Seung Im-ah… I had to help out Cha Tae hyun and his wife because –”

“You forgot.” she said coldly.

Jong kook let out an exasperated sigh and walked closer to Ji hyo. When she didn’t run, he wrapped her arms around her waist. “I’m sorry, but I didn’t forget at all. If only you’ll look at me…” he buried his head at the crook of her neck and soon he can feel her defenses falling apart. She stopped washing the plates and turned around to face Jong kook.

He smiled at her and he used his mouth to point to the bedroom. Ji hyo blushed before hitting him in the chest. “Yah! Song Jong Kook! Is this the right time to think of, of that?” she blurted her face clearly flustered and her breathing a little faster than normal.

Jong kook knows she was mad, she never calls him like that unless he betrays her or rips her nametag during filming. “Ji hyo-yah, haven’t you checked your alarm today?” the younger woman frowned. She never relied on machines to wake her up. Her unnie always makes sure she’s up on her feet every morning. Then she remembered there was a ringing sound that earlier but she thought it was just a dream.

“Why don’t you check it out Ji hyo-yah?”

She hurried to her room and there was an electric clock with their picture beside her bed. “This is your gift to me? I like it but it’s weird –”

“I wanted to be the one to wake you up every morning and if possible, I want to be the first person you’ll see when you open your eyes but all this is temporary.” Ji hyo looked at him her eyes full of questions. “Are you breaking up with me oppa?”

“Yah! How silly of you… why don’t you look at your gift closely?” she did as he asked and found out that there’s a space on the back where you could put pens. Ji hyo tipped the clock and a ring fell in her hands. “Jong kook-ah… I, are you?”

“Yep, Seung im-ah, I want to be the one who’ll you wake up to each morning, I want to spend my time here on earth and in the afterlife with only you.” she teared up and clung to him tightly that he pretended to gasp for air. “Ji hyo-yah quit rubbing yourself to me like that. Or you might not need that alarm clock for tomorrow.” he rasped, his hand caressing her back.

“ert!”

“Is that all you’re going to tell me?” he said looking like a sad puppy/tiger. She looked at him with an unvoiced yes hanging in the air. She nodded and the next thing she knew Jong kook had cupped her face, his lips crashing to hers hungrily. Her world was him and his world was hers, both worlds crashed together orbiting and revolving around each other.

Snippets – Jong Kook Oppa

 


I know there are a lot more sides to Kim Jong kook but this are my favorite and maybe I’ll add some more in the future. And I hope it wasn’t confusing, each part actually is one drabble and does not connect with the other parts.

Thanks for reading and do tell me if you want ‘snippets’ for the other members ^^

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. CAPABLE!