Unexpected Visitor

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

 

Gwang soo groaned as his door burst open. He forgot to lock it again due to his long and tiring schedule that day. A familiar figure walked inside his room making Gwang soo bolt up from his bed. Before he could notice the slight swaying of the older ones steps, the smell of alcohol hit his nose. Gwang soo mumbled about Uee almost kissing him in a dream but it was all forgotten when a dull thud echoed in the dark room. His brain can’t compute how Kim Jong kook and alcohol became suddenly related as he tried to free himself from the entanglement of long limbs and blankets. “Hyung, did you drink?” he only got a snort and a hiccup for his silly question. He hurriedly opened the lampshade beside his bed, squinting as soft lights flooded the room. Jong kook was on the floor smiling and chuckling. He is obviously drunk. The younger one sighed and rushed to his hyung’s side. “Hyung, hey… what happened for you to end up like this.” the drunken man did not respond and Gwang soo had to drag his muscular frame to the bed. The tall man grunted and heaved while the muscular ones shirt grayed and the room’s floor whitened. Jong kook sneezed from the dust but he continued to chuckle and let Gwang soo drag him. At last, they reached the bed and miraculously Jong kook was pulled up on the bed.

Gwang soo realized he has nowhere to sleep since Jong kook occupied most of his small bed. It wasn’t the first time they spent the night together in one place but his hyung always insisted in his house. Looking at the now sleeping commander, he wondered why the man who despised vices so much got drunk. They had spent a lot of time together and he seemed fine. His hyung is problem free except that he is still single and nearing 40, but that doesn’t really sound something he would get this drunk for.

 His hyung has occupied more than half of the bed but left a small portion big enough for a kid. The tall man crawled on the small space since he doesn’t really fancy sleeping on the creaky sofa that is in danger of collapsing anytime soon or bring down the dusty futon his grandmother gave him before she passed away. He managed to fit on the small space by wiggling carefully. He checked if his hyung is not in danger of falling to the floor. Then he turned to his side but frowned as he faced the drab wall. It felt like the punishment he experienced before in class. The teacher made him face the wall to reflect about his betrayal. He only told a friend from the other section about their class plan and he never thought that friend would actually pirate the idea. Worst, the friend pointed fingers at him. He turned around again only to find himself pressed on his hyung’s muscles. Another deep sigh escaped his lips and it was followed by countless more until sleep has claimed him again.

 

 

Gwang soo’s night had been disturbed again as he felt sweat trickling down his body. It is not summer yet but his room is too warm and his side is numb. He opened his eyes to the familiar ceiling of his room. Warm breathing fanned his neck sending him unexpected tingles. He remembered the dream he just had with a beautiful woman and he smiled, thinking that the warm breath belonged to her. Then he realized the reason he was cramped in his own bed – Jong kook hyung!

He wiggled free from the death grip he was in courtesy of thick muscles that are incredibly strong despite its owner sleeping. He can finally breathe and he decided to sleep on the sofa since it was almost dusk. For unknown reasons, his bed is beginning to feel awkward and foreign. He just can’t bear the warmth, the tingles, and all the weird feelings he is experiencing in the arms of his hyung. Even saying those words, ‘in the arms of his hyung’, felt so wrong as if he was doing something forbidden. He sat up only to be pinned down again. He looked at the sleeping man only to be greeted by a pair of eyes staring at him. His hyung’s eyes are dark. There are secrets behind those orbs that can’t be hidden by its size. He knows his hyung is teased a lot because of his eyes but he actually like them better than his own. “Hyung, why did you get drunk? Did a woman jilted you?”

“My head hurts…”

“Just how much did you drink?”

“I saw bottles on the floor. On the table, on the sofa... I guess it’s not just one bottle.” Gwang soo gasped. His hyung sure drank a lot. More than his Ji hyo noona, who can out drink any man he knows, can. He can now truly feel the weight of the older guy's dilemma. He searched his face trying to get clues but the older one closed his eyes already. “Lie down Gwang soo-yah… stay. My head hurts a lot… and my heart…” he knew it. It was some love problem. He wondered if his hyung is dating someone and got rejected. He tried his best to think of someone but other than his noona, Soya, Jong kook’s mom and the crews, he doesn’t know any woman Jong kook could have met. In fact, if they are not shooting or when there are no shows and events, the two of them are together so it is impossible for him not to know if Jong kook is dating someone. “Hyung who is it?”

“My mom was nagging me to get married… she said Jong Myung will have another baby. I am a disappointment.” he spoke in a voice that sounded like it’s the end of the world making Gwang soo grin. He knows his hyung well and he had heard of that before. The difference is that Jong kook just laughed it off before so he knows there is more to it. Jong kook draped his arms across Gwang soo’s waist, forcing the younger one closer to his well-built body. “Hyung were you arranged married with an unlikable woman?”

“No… I told you it’s my mom nagging me.”

“Eyy, you already said that before and you didn’t drink. Umm, you got dumped on a matseon?”

“No.”

“You like someone you can’t have?” silence. Gwang soo is hurt by the silence. It was as if his hyung doesn’t trust him. “Jesus, hyung you can talk to me… I mean we are practically together when there is no camera around. You’re my best friend, like my real brother. You can trust me.”

“You will betray me Gwang soo-yah. You will hate me.” there was pain and longing on that voice that sounded bittersweet to Gwang soo’s ears. Like a beautiful poem except that it’s full of pain. He wanted to comfort his hyung but the word betray echoed painfully on his mind. “What are you talking about hyung? I won’t ever do that to you. I can’t believe that a day will come and I’d hear that word from you hyung.” they laid down in silence. He thought he had joined in the ranks of Haha and Jae suk in terms of closeness with Jong kook but it seems the older one is purely using him out of convenience since most of his friends are married. “It’s not like that.” the older man nuzzled his neck, which made Gwang soo cringe. The older ones voice sent shivers down his spine. “Hyung are you still drunk?”

“You…”

“Me what?”

“You are the problem I can’t get married.”

“What? Now are you saying you can’t date because we are always together? Yah hyung, I didn’t force you to join the singles club you know.”

“I know but it’s not that either.”

“Aissh, hyung if you want then just go and talk to Haha and Jae suk hyung. I am getting annoyed with this. Why am I talking about this with you at 4 am?”

“Oy, are you jealous?”

“What? Hyung you are sounding creepier every moment. Is this what happens when you stay single for a long time? I really want to help you out but you are too… uh cryptic. Can’t you get straight to the point?”

“What point?”

“What’s your real problem? Do you want me to stop going to your place so you could date in peace? I can even nag my sister for names of her colleagues. You can have all of their numbers. They aren’t interested in me anyway.”

“You are jealous.”

“What are you implying Kim Jong kook hyung? Why do you keep on saying that? I am trying to help you and I think you are sober enough, so quit the act hyung.” there was another silence and the giraffe is getting impatient. As much as he liked the older man, he can’t help but get cranky at his stubbornness. Jong kook is still nuzzling him, which is also getting to his nerves because of the unusual effect it has on him. “Hyung, can you just go to sleep and please, stop nuzzling. Go get yourself a girl.”

“Don’t want. I like this.” geez. He lost it already and our conversation is detouring into nowhere… Gwang soo decided to just ignore his hyung. He thought that what the older one needs is time instead of him bombarding him with questions. “Gwang soo-yah…”

“Sleep it off hyung it would be better tomorrow.”
“I have a person I like.” The younger one tensed up. His hyung’s voice is now serious and he can hear a faint tone of sensuality? He must be going crazy. Surely, he was just imagining it. He turned around, facing the offensive wall and closed his eyes. Then he can feel his hyung hugging him tightly from behind. He blushed furiously as he felt something poking his behinds. “Hyung… what –”

“This is the reason I can’t get married. You. Because it’s you I want, Lee Gwang soo.” 

 


OMG yes, I ship them too haha I am not yet ready for a t though so I had to cut it short XD

I heard this ship gets a lot of hate? but I know we are all well behaved here so I trust that I won't get hate for this neh? (hate my awful writing skill but not the ship and it's fine XD)