Bravery Test

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

“Today we will be testing your bravery… welcome to Running Man Boot camp.” Myuk Pd grinned at his team, but they were only smiling and joking without listening to his instructions. Ah, so you won’t take me seriously… you’ll see.

 

The crew took the team to an isolated island. It was already dark when they reached the place. The family piled out from the bus and stared at the surroundings. The smiles in their faces vanished, the scaredy-cats looked so pale and even the commander and Mong Ji is frowning.

The island was eerily silent, no one is in sight and even the rundown hotel looked like no one has used it for a long time. The hotel is located on the highest part of the mountain in the island. It was like a horror castle. There was a forest at the back of the hotel, but the ambiance is gloomy. Even the forest looked like it is housing some weird creatures.

 

“I’m not brave so let me go home!” cried Haha and all the members tried to get back to the bus, but the bus sped up to the cargo boat then left. Now there was no way out of the island.

Tall Gwang soo looked like he was going to snap in two. “I don’t care about screen time anymore… let me just stay at the prison with lights and the whole staff!” the maknae begged with tears in his eyes. Gary tried to sing happy songs, but instead he rapped and the lyrics that came from his mouth only scared everyone.

This was once paradise

However, people destroyed it

Leaving hatred and curse

Now we reap their corrupted souls

We fell in their terrible trap!

Our doom we will face…

“Yaah! Gary-yah/hyung/oppa! Stop it please!” everybody scolded Gary and he sulked in the corner.

“Myuk Pd… isn’t this too much?” Jaesuk tried to reason with the Pds but all he got are evil grins from them. The cast wanted to punch on their Pds because of their annoying scary expressions. “Omma!” Ji hyo started clinging to the poor Sparta who was just keeping quiet. “Jong kook oppa is trembling!” Ji hyo announced and everyone looked at Spartace in amazement.

“See! Even Jong kook-ah is scared! Then how will we even survive this? How about me? What if I get a heart attack here?” Big nose hyung pretended to clutch his neck so he could be excused.

“Okay, okay… everyone quiet! Today we will spend the whole night here. Filming stops when the sun rises.” Instructed Myuk Pd. “What are the team and mission for today?” asked Jae suk.

“None… there is no team for today. In addition, absolutely no pairing up, you’ll face terrible consequences if you do… and the mission is, just survive the night and come out alive. Good luck!”

 

NOOOOOO!

 

_________________

 

The Running Man members were brought into different rooms with their hands tied at their backs.

 

Ji hyo was brought in a room where walls are covered with white cloth. The staff took off the drapes and Ji hyo discovered that she’s surrounded by fish tanks. There were fishes everywhere, Ji hyo felt dizzy and almost fainted.

 

Suk Jin was brought into a computer room. The screens were opened and there were clips of his stocks going down. “It can’t be! Oh my stocks! Let me off I need to sell them before I go broke!”

 

Jaesuk was brought to the highest part of the building and they made him sit on the edge of the hotel overlooking the cliff. Jaesuk cried as he saw how high they were, and then the evil Myuk Pd revealed that the floor is made of glass, he took away the cover and Jae suk can clearly see everything below him.

 

Jong kook laughed at the crew who dragged him, the commander is not easily scared. They brought him in a room with large screens then they played a collection of scary scenes from famous movies. Jong kook was screaming in no time.

 

Gwang soo was pretty easy to scare so he was placed in a small room and then… they turned off the lights and left. “Yaah!”

 

Gary is placed in a room and clips of Ji hyo’s scenes in movies and dramas played. Gary felt so jealous… then a special video message of Ji hyo to him played. “Oppa… I’m sorry but I don’t like you at all.” Gary cried his heart breaking in pieces even though he knows it was just the evil Pd’s work.

 

Dong hoon was placed in an empty room and a beautiful girl came in. “Yah is this scary? I like it a lot!” he laughed evilly… thinking that he outsmarted the Pd. “Your wife is watching right now via live feed.”

“Noooooo! Hey you evil temptation don’t touch me!”

 

Thus the running man members all fell to the evil genius Myuk Pd’s plan. Their mission is to face their fear.

 

________________________

 

Ji hyo noticed a pattern on the tanks… it seems that it is pointing to something. Ji hyo looked up and saw the ceiling with a word spelled with water. “A-d-m-i-t… I have to admit something?” Ji hyo tried to shout everything she can think of but nothing happened. “I’m scared! Myuk Pd daebak! Yaah!”

 

Meanwhile Jong kook tried to close his eyes but he can still hear the ghosts. He felt so scared and he sure will have nightmares for a year. He noticed that the titles are always prominently emphasized.

A tale of two sisters

reD shoes

Mirrors

the rIng

the shuTter

“It’s ADMIT! ADMIT!!! Yah nothing’s happening! I can’t watch this anymore!”

 

Meanwhile, Suk Jin stared at the screen while his stocks crashed. In the screen, the word admittance kept on blinking in the screen, but poor Suk Jin did not notice.

 

Jae suk shivered at the cold wind. He almost wanted to throw up. He had never looked down once so he didn’t see the word ‘admit’ in the glass floor.

 

Gary kept on singing in his room so he wouldn’t hear Ji hyo’s words. He got fed up and he talked to her on the screen. “Yah! I like you stop it! Stop saying that! I am scared that we won’t see each other again!” Gary didn’t notice that Ji hyo was actually trying to tell him to admit his feelings, but he said it aloud without meaning to. Gary was the first one to be released by the staff. “Congratulations Gary-ssi, you are the first. Now you should find the key to go out.” Said a staff.

“Can I go help them?”

“No.” and just like that Gary was given another mission. There was an envelope and inside contains a number ‘1-4’. “This doesn’t make sense at all… can you explain again? I have been doing this for two years but I still don’t know what to do. Is this a clue to the key?” the Pd only face palmed.

 

Gwang soo lied on his back. There was nothing in the dark; he doesn’t even know where he is. Then he noticed something in his hand. The watch is glowing but since he is tied, he can’t see. He tried to put his hands closer to his face but he is too tall. “Eyy! Sincha, what’s this!”

 

Haha trembled, the girl sang too much and danced around him. He feels scared that his wife will get mad at him. He glanced at the girl and asked her to help him, but she just smiled at him. Then Haha noticed her necklace, the pendant is twisted metal and it says, ‘admit’. “What should I admit? I love Byul! You are pretty! Be my last love? Wait this is bravery, so… I am brave! No… I am scared! I am really scared of Byul so let me go now! Chaebal!” then the staff came in and released him like Gary. “What is this? I am scared of Byul? That’s what I need to admit? Yah… this is really something.” haha got ‘2-8’ then he was off to find the keys.

 

After a while Ji hyo (3-1) and Jong kook (4-1) was released after they admitted what they are afraid of. Gwang soo also (5-7) accidentally admitted his weakness so he was allowed to go. He roamed around and saw suk Jin. Gwang soo didn’t listen and he helped suk Jin (6-2).

The staff caught the two and they were brought to the prison, in the dungeons. It was the scariest place of all and they were only left with some candles and a camera. Poor easy brothers huddled close, even the shadows scared them.

 

Ji hyo saw what happened and she avoided all the other members. She took the clue from the easy brothers plus hers. 3-1, 5-7, 6-2. She walked near the dungeons and found a door, with a lock. “Oh, so the numbers are the password!” Ji hyo sneaked of, she made sure no one saw her and she hid the clues on her shoes.

“So if Gwang soo and suk Jin oppa is 5-7 and 6-2… so… right! 5 and 6! The first number is the sequence of who got released and the second is the password. I need to know the other numbers.”

Meanwhile Jae suk is watching the sunrise, he was still unable to speak and he felt happy because filming stops at sunrise. Whatever mission there was he is not interested anymore.

 

 

The episode did not have any winners, no one was able to complete the mystery, but the running man viewers all found this episode to be the best among all of running man episodes.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm too early for a haloween special but i had this story in the laptop for a long time so i decided to post it. The weaknesses aren't made up though, it's true that even Kookie is scared of horror movies haha. I hope you enjoy it ^^