The Right Direction (Sequel to Two Direction)

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 


Will I really not regret my choice? What if… no it can’t really happen. Oppa is better off with someone who can make him happy.

 

 

Meanwhile Gary is leisurely driving the streets of Hong Dae. He tried not to think of his ‘date’ with Jessica. He scanned the streets carefully as his GPS declared that they are near. Finally, a small but private looking bar came to view and Gary looked for an empty spot to park his car. He carefully parked and got off. A man went to him and escorted him to the bar.

“This way Kang Gary-ssi, Miss Jessica is waiting for you.”

“You know me?”

“Miss Jung is a regular patron.” It was all the man said and Gary didn’t pry anymore. They went in and Gary thought it was one of the best bar he had ever seen. The interior looked really classy and not like the loud clubs Ji hyo likes. Gary mentally cursed himself for thinking about Ji hyo again, but he can’t help it.

They went up the second floor and the man lead him into their best private room. As the man reached for the doorknob to open the door, Gary stopped him. “Please allow me… can you leave for a while?” the man just smiled and walked away without saying anything. Gary looked at the door and breathed deeply. He felt so nervous and he wished Ji hyo would stop him from going inside. Gary touched the knob, it felt cold. His phone suddenly rang and he wished that it was really Ji hyo.

“Hello?” there was silence, Gary didn’t even look at the caller’s name. He swallowed hard, hoping that it was really her. The door suddenly opened and Jessica was standing there in front of him, her phone in her ears. They looked at each other, not saying anything. A drunk man passed by and bumped into Gary, this made Gary step forward suddenly, closing the space between him and Jessica.

Jessica can’t believe her eyes, he was really there. He came and is standing right now in front of her. She knows he had been with Ji hyo, that he was rejected. She thought Ji hyo was a fool to let go of someone like Gary, but she was thankful for that so she could have him. As a drunken man pushed Gary to her, she didn’t step back but instead she threw herself to Gary hugging him. She smiled when she felt his hand slowly hugging her in return.

 

 

JI hyo tossed and turned in her bed. She checked the air conditioner to see if it is working. She felt restless, she doesn’t even know if she is feeling cold or hot. For the last two hours, she had been trying to fall asleep. Usually it doesn’t take a minute for her to fall asleep but right now, whatever she do she just can’t. It doesn’t help either that whenever she closes her eyes it was Gary she is seeing.

She sighed and went to the kitchen to drink something warm and help her sleep. If you regret it later, you can still go back to me… aissh that oppa. He is really stupid, even if I regret it how can I even go back to him when he already have that Jessica? She absentmindedly thought, and Gary’s words just kept on echoing in her mind. She didn’t even notice the amount of force she is using to stir her milk. It sloshed and spilled and when Ji hyo looked at it, she realized that the glass was almost empty and there was milk everywhere. 

“Aigoo! Pabo Ji hyo-yah… how can you be like this? Haha oppa sees girls every night, Jong kook oppa goes to blind dates and even Gwang soo and Joong ki goes clubbing to find women, so why are you so affected if Gary oppa has a date?” she abandoned the milk and the mess she created for it only reminds her of how she feels. She walked to her room cursing Gary.

Ji hyo gathered all the pillows she could get and placed her favorite show on the player, which is Secret Garden. She marathoned it until she fell asleep.

“Hyun bin oppa!” Ji hyo dreamed that she is Gil Ra Im the lead actress in Secret Garden and she was chasing her ultimate crush, Hyun bin. Ji hyo ran as fast as she could but the guy is much faster than she is. They reached the end of earth and Hyun bin finally stopped running. “Did you regret already?”

“Huh? Hyun bin oppa, what are you saying?”

“I said did you come running to me because you regret it already?” the man slowly turned to face Ji hyo, but it was not Hyun Bin… it was Gary.

 

 

Ji hyo woke up her secret Garden still playing. She went to the mirror and was surprised at how horrible her eye bags looked. Aissh! It is Kang Gary’s fault… destroying my dream with my precious Binnie…

Her phone rang, it was Jong kook. She sighed and took the call. “Hello, Ji hyo-yah.”

“Oh, oppa… why?”

“Ji hyo? Is that really you? Your voice sounds… I don’t know but it is quite scary.”

“Yah Jong kook oppa… did you call me to tease me about my voice?”

“No… not at all. Um I was just told to tell you we have an emergency meeting. So this is why the others were scared to call you…” Jong kook muttered to the phone but Ji hyo caught him. “Oppa, why are they scared to call me? Are you hiding something?” there was only laughter in the other line and Ji hyo knows Dong hoon is there too. “Yah! Jong kook oppa, Dong hoon oppa! Why? Tell me palli!” she could hear Haha’s voice in the background calling her a cranky ajumma who didn’t get any sleep because Gary had a date. Ji hyo ended the call in annoyance. Those oppas… who said I lost sleep because that pabo had a date? And that Haha oppa… I’ll really kill him. How dare he spread rumors about me.

 

Ji hyo made called back Jong kook and made him her slave… err chauffer. Her head feels so heavy and Jong kook thought she should at least have something to eat. He drove to a restaurant and dragged Ji hyo inside.

“Yah you sit down and eat something. You look really terrible.”

“I told you I don’t want to eat…” her stomach growled and Jong kook chuckled. He ordered for them and busied himself calculating the calories of the complimentary juice they served them. Ji hyo hesitated for a bit. She wanted to ask him, but she was too embarrassed. Then she thought Jong kook was one of her most trusted person in RM so she decided to say it.

“Oppa, tell me honestly, did Gary oppa said anything about last… ah never mind it is nothing.”

“Yah Ji hyo-yah… if you like him why let him go like that?”

“I don’t like him at all! Who said that? I’m going to kill him, I swear.”

“Yah, calm down and don’t attract attention okay? You know what, I also like someone but I didn’t tell her, I was really regretting it.”

“Did that someone went to another guy?” Jong kook looked at her thoughtfully and Ji hyo saw a hint of sadness in his little eyes. “She’ll be gone soon because I’m letting her go, and because she is a pabo.”

“Then why didn’t you hold on to her?”

“She doesn’t like me. But your case is different… Gary likes you too, so don’t be a pabo any more, neh?”

Their order arrived and Ji hyo hungrily gobbled her food. “Yah Ji hyo yah, slow down! Your food is flying.”

“Sorry oppa I’m so hungry!” Ji hyo’s food flew to Jong kook’s face and he pretended to be sick of it. “Gross!” he gave her his portion and watched Ji hyo eat.

 

 

Ji hyo arrived at the SBS building alone since Jong kook had to pass by somewhere. She met some sunbaes and greeted them. The group of Bigbang had just finished their performance and Ji hyo saw them on the lobby. She shyly smiled at them and Ji yong looked at her weirdly. “Hello noona!” she highed fived with the boys and she remembered the old days when she still used to host Inkigayo. TOP grinned, Daesung who got close to her after Family Outing joked with her and Ji yong finally can’t hold it, “noona, you look like Seung ri!” the boys chuckled, Seung ri pretended to be mad and Ji hyo laughed at them before excusing herself.

I look like Seung ri? She wondered why and she realized Seung ri is known for his panda eyes. Ji hyo didn’t know whether to laugh or be irritated.

 

 

She went to a conference room where everyone has gathered. When she entered, everyone was talking and joking with each other, but as soon as she stepped in, the atmosphere became cold and silent. She silently walked and sat on the empty chair beside Gwang soo. Everyone is trying to look at her without being caught and it annoyed the hell out of Ji hyo.

“Eherm! Okay let us start this meeting… err… you guys can quit being serious now.” Myuk Pd took the podium and started the meeting, everyone tried to smile but one look at Ji hyo froze their bloods. The meeting started and Ji hyo never even looked at Gary even once. Everyone knows that Gary saw Jessica last night, but of course, it was a secret among the family. Everyone is shifty, they keep on eying the two, expecting them to suddenly flare up, and it didn’t happen.

The meeting was about running man concepts and some issues they had to fix for their overseas shoot. When it ended, everyone was actually happy to get out of the suffocating room. Ji hyo already fell asleep and no one dared to wake her up.

“Gary-yah... can you fix this immediately? This is so suffocating” Jae suk whispered in between breaths scared that Ji hyo would suddenly wake up. “Yah Gary hyung, fighting!” Dong hoon and Gwang soo cheered him and then dashed away like lightning. “Yah Gary-yah, do you know how I was treated this morning? It’s all thanks to you.” said Jong kook while he clenched his fist. “That’s right Gary, you better fix this before you leave the room and before the next filming starts.” His hyungs pushed him inside and then locked the door. “Yah!” he remembered the sleeping Ji hyo and he whispered for help, of course no one paid attention. Everybody was happy to leave them.

 

 

Gary sighed, knowing that his hyungs wouldn’t let him off. He walked towards Ji hyo who was sleeping awkwardly. Her head keeps on falling from the backrest of the chair. As usual, her hands are again tucked inside her jacket, it made Gary smile but sad too because she looked tired. Earlier his hyungs told him that Ji hyo is jealous, that is why she was acting like that. It made Gary happy but it could be just his hyungs playing with him. He was already rejected so why would he think of something absurd like that.

He continued to look at her. He ached to push those strands of hairs away from her face, he wanted to carry her in his arms and make her sleep comfortably. He sighed and touched her hand, she didn’t budge. Gary grabbed a chair and sat beside Ji hyo, he pulled her closer to him until her head is resting on his shoulders.

 

 

Ji hyo’s head fell and she woke up, realizing that she fell asleep again. She thought she was alone until she realized that she fell on someone’s lap. She looked up and saw Gary smiling at her. As if she touched fire, she abruptly got up and walked away from Gary. “W-where are they oppa? And why are we, oh the meeting.”

“Hey, Mong Ji… I was actually wondering if... if you hate me.” Gary looked down and shuffled his feet, as he waited for her to answer. “Huh? Why would I? Did the oppas said something weird about me? I’m sure it was nonsense. I was totally not regretting anything, I swear!” Gary looked at her and Ji hyo can’t help but avert her gaze. “Ji hyo-yah you kept on avoiding me that's why I thought... anyway I was just going to ask you if you had any sleep because you look so tired. The hyungs said I should take care of you.” Ji hyo felt stupid as she heard Gary’s response. She doesn’t know why she was talking without thinking. She wasn’t normally that defensive, but now… she can’t really explain it.

“Actually Ji hyo-yah… I was happy. I was hoping you really lost sleep because you were thinking of me.”

“Hah oppa! I told you I don’t regret it and I slept like a baby last night.”

“I was actually hoping you’d say you regret it and you want to come back to me.” Ji hyo doesn’t know why but what Gary said made her irritated. “Yah oppa… I am a girl too. You already have Jessica and now you want me to regret? What would that make me? A mistress… oh that’s for married couples, I mean I don’t like to steal other’s boyfriends.”

“Whose boyfriend is who? Are you jealous?” Gary can't help but smile, Ji hyo ignored him and went straight to the door. It was locked. Ji hyo wanted out. She was confused, she can’t look at him, and she doesn’t want to hear his voice or smell that scent of him. She felt like tearing up as her mind raced in confusion, and jealousy maybe, but admitting it hurts her pride more. A hand from behind reached her, tapping her shoulders. Ji hyo doesn’t know why but she actually cried.

“Yah, Pabo-yah… if you keep on doing this you’ll just hurt yourself more. Don’t you know how happy I am to see you jealous? I am single Ji hyo… yes I met up with Jessica. But it is not what you think.”

 

*flashback to first part*

“Oppa, I really like you.” Gary froze as the young girl hugged him. He slowly wrapped his arms around her, their position reminded him of the few hugs he and Ji hyo shared on running man and Gary stopped. He pushed her away slowly and shook his head. “I’m sorry Jessica… I shouldn’t have went here. Can you just pretend that we didn’t meet?” Jessica’s smile fell, her eyes watering. He patted her on her back but Jessica pushed him away too. “Oppa, I did really like you… I thought we had something. Don’t worry, I have a crush on you but it’s not that serious. Go… go to that annoying sickly unnie.”

“Sicca…” I am so sorry... I just can't let go of that woman, MY woman.

“Stress! I told you to go oppa… it’s fine. I’ll just think that you weren’t here today.” Garry nodded to Jessica and mouthed sorry. Jessica closed the door on his face and cried, she really was happy to see him and it wasn’t a simple crush after all.

*end of flashback*

 

“We are not dating or something… I just came to say hi and then went out as fast as I could.”

“I… I mean, you her… what about me. I… aigoo I don’t know anymore. You stupid! Stupid Kang Gary!” Ji hyo hit Gary on his chest and Gary just smiled. He is the man of pain, and seeing Ji hyo so adorably jealous cannot make Gary hurt.

“Yah Ji hyo yah… I really enjoy being Monday couple with you but, if you want… let us also be the Tuesday couple, and the Wednesday couple, even the Friday and Saturday and the Sunday couple… is that alright with you?” Ji hyo stopped hitting Gary and looked at him intently.  Is this what I want? I was really happy and relieved to learn they are not dating but… me and oppa being a real couple… why is it so embarrassing…

“Ji hyo, you still can’t decide? Let me help you then.” Gary closed the space between him and Ji hyo. He stared at her dark eyes and grinned. Ji hyo’s face was so red, her heart pounding strongly on her chest. They are so close together, she could almost hear his heart pounding in unison with her. She closed her eyes and Gary thought he was going to die right there and go to heaven. “I love you!” and he planted a quick peck on her cheek. Ji hyo opened her eyes her face flustered with so much embarrassment. She even closed her eyes and that’s what she got? “Garry oppa… you can’t even kiss properly?” Gary stopped smiling it was his turn to get tomato red. Ji hyo chuckled and pulled her Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday couple, towards her and showed him how kissing properly is done.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asdfghkjljlkas!!!! Do you know how much I am spazzing right now? err sorry Kookie >.< but they are just so adorable together hahaha okay this for my first dongsaeng here on AFF Celine… I hope this will cheer you up in your exams. It’s 4:00 am now so I need to sleep, so I’ll just correct my crappy grammar later XD

 

I want to do a fic with a guest to make someone jealous... any reccomendations?