The Park

We Got Married: Changkyu Version

As the group walked without their maknaes, Eunhyuk began to talk.

"Sorry about Kyuhyun, he's like that." He apologised, to which the four DBSK members gave nervous looks.

Jaejoong asked, slightly worried, "All the time?"

Donghae simply laughed at those words, saying, "Obviously not. If he were, we wouldn't be able to keep up with him."

"So Kyuhyun's just moody?" Yoochun questioned, to which Eunhyuk shook his head.

"Not really. He just gets like that when he's hurt by something. Our maknae doesn't like to be seen as weak or sensitive, so when something happens, like Changmin saying those things, Kyuhyun's natural defense mechanisms come up. He can't help it, really, it's always like that. When we first met Kyuhyun and were being mean to him, he acted sort of like just then: Really aggressive and sadistic. We only found out from Ryeowook that he would cry at night." Eunhyuk told them. The rest stared, thinking about what they were told. A sudden feeling of regret washed over.

Donghae added afterwards, "Of course, he does act like that sometimes when he's not hurt, but that's only towards close friends and family, not to people he's just only met. Like to us, there are times Kyuhyun acts really rude and snarky, but we know it's because he considers us close. Kyuhyun only acts like that towards three times of people: Those who hurt him, his family, and those who mess with his family. That's it."

Eunhyuk responded, "Well, Kyuhyun also sometimes acts like that for his own amusement, but that's hardly ever. Like in the cafe when Changmin was acting kind of cold, I bet Kyuhyun wanted to act snarky just to entertain himself. The situation now, however, is just Kyuhyun using his defense mechanism."

"How do we tell the difference?" Yoochun asked, Donghae and Eunhyuk then glancing at each other.

"His eyes."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yah." Changmin spoke in an annoyed tone as he walked up to Kyuhyun who was sitting on a bench. The tree shaded them from the sunlight burning at their eyes.

"...Calling me?" Kyuhyun asked, turning his head to face the slightly younger maknae.

"No, I'm calling a brick." Changmin replied with sarcasm in his voice.

Kyuhyun scoffed.

"Okay, but I don't think it'll reply or anything." Kyuhyun retorted, but this time, the arrogance seemed faded in his voice. To be honest, for some reason, Kyuhyun sounded dreary

"...That was sarcasm." Changmin muttered, wondering why Kyuhyun seemed so discontented.

Kyuhyun let out a sigh, "Yep, no doubt Sherlock." 

Changmin stared at Kyuhyun, what happened to that passion he had before? That spark? Changmin was completely confused.

"...You're the only person on Earth who has the guts to defy me." Changmin spoke, trying to deliberately cause an argument. He wasn't even sure why. Changmin just wanted to talk to the other now honestly, that was all. And seeing Kyuhyun so mundane made him feel anxious.

"And I'm the only person on Earth who sees what a jerk you are." Kyuhyun retorted. His voice sounded sincere, hurt perhaps, and that made Changmin shiver slightly.

"I'm not a jerk, speak for yourself." Changmin said, forcing himself to glare at Kyuhyun who seemed less than enthusiastic at the moment.

"I would, but you don't seem to know your own character. So, I'm being nice enough to tell you." Kyuhyun replied, giving a slight smirk. But still, that smirk had basically no emotion. It worried Changmin.

"...And I need to be virtually married to you for how long?" Changmin asked with an fake look of annoyance.

Another sigh.

"Don't know, don't care." Kyuhyun mumbled, the words bearly audible.

Changmin stayed silent for a second, secretly hoping the other would create some sort of discussion. Was Kyuhyun really offended by what he had said? Was Kyuhyun really sulking because of him? Really?

Kyuhyun then began to talk again.

"Just so you know, I'm born on the 3rd of February, 1988. When are you born?" Kyuhyun asked, turning his head to face Changmin. The DBSK maknae gulped slightly.

"I'm born on the 18th of February, 1988." Changmin told the other.

Kyuhyun smirked, "So I'm older." 

Changmin simply stared.

"Make sure that you respect me, my dongsaeng." And then, finally, Kyuhyun gave that proud smirk. One that the younger felt as if he should start becoming used to. Changmin wasn't sure why he suddenly felt relieved that Kyuhyun was acting like that though. Why should he care?

"...As if I'd ever respect someone like you." Changmin retorted, never admitting how he thought that Kyuhyun was 'interesting' at the very least.

"Too bad, Changmin, you're stuck with me. And if you don't respect me, the world will know about it." Kyuhyun replied with a smile, Changmin let out a slight growl.

"I wouldn't let myself get caught." Changmin said back.

Kyuhyun grinned, "But I would." 

"You son of a-" Before Changmin could really say anything, the rest of his hyungs were there. Eunhyuk, Donghae, Yunho and Jaejoong. Yoochun and Junsu must have been somewhere else, playing on the playground or something.

"No swearing!" Jaejoong exclaimed with a disapproving look, Changmin went unfazed.

"...Hyung." Changmin muttered quietly.

"You shouldn't be calling Kyuhyun names." Yunho spoke in a fatherly tone, Changmin stared back at his hyungs.

"Dude, he-" But before Changmin could speak, he was cut off.

"I know, Changmin." Jaejoong stated before turning to the other maknae. "Kyuhyun-ah, please act more friendly towards our Changminnie."

To that request, such a pure one, Kyuhyun simply bowed his head before walking to another area in the park. He said simply, "...I'll consider it."

"Sorry, we should have warned you about our maknae beforehand." Eunhyuk mumbled quietly, feeling rather apologetic.

Changmin gritted his teeth, "No joke." 

Junsu scowled at the younger. "Changmin, go say sorry to Kyuhyun."

"What, why?" Changmin questioned, wasn't anybody on his side? He did notice, however, everyone seemed a little disapproving and on edge. Maybe there was an issue he wasn't paying attention to.

"He's sad." Eunhyuk stated.

Changmin did notice that. It was so simple, so straightforward that even a monkey would have noticed. But he didn't say anything about it, or do anything, because comforting someone was not Changmin's strong point, and he knew somewhere at the back of his mind, it was his fault.

But the DBSK maknae didn't want to admit that.

Changmin asked simply, "How so?"

He knew, 'how so'.

Eunhyuk sighed, "Kyuhyun acts really nasty when someone hurts him, it's his natural instincts are to act tough and mean so that you can't tell he's upset. You wouldn't be able to tell, but Kyuhyun's really pained because of what you said. You basically rejected him."

"He's not normally like that?" Changmin asked, mentally noting how stupid that question was.

"He is. But just to his closest friends and family. Kyuhyun also cts like that towards people who hurt his loved ones." Donghae stated, continung to say, "And then to those who hurt him, which counts as you."

"Alright alright, I get it." Changmin replied, "I'll go apologise."

The rest smiled at him, Eunhyuk muttering, "Thanks."

Changmin turned around, where was Kyuhyun? His eyes wandered the park to see someone sitting on a bench near the water fountain. There he was. Ignoring the irritable, persistent gazes of his hyung, Changmin slowly walked to Kyuhyun who was staring off into the distance, head in the clouds. The younger could feel his palms become sweaty, heartbeat increasing and body becoming heated. He was nervous. Why though? Changmin shook it off as nervousness of approaching Kyuhyun, because he didn't want to upset the elder anymore.

"Yah." Changmin said once he reached; he knew that probably wasn't the best way to start a conversation off. Kyuhyun eyes lowered from the sky to him, eyes gazing softly.

"Changmin." Kyuhyun spoke. 

The younger at this moment, felt tense. Changmin knew he had upset Kyuhyun, and that it was his responsibility to be a man and apologise, but his dignity was somehow getting in the way. Because Kyuhyun had said those things to him, and though Changmin found it amusing, it also made him anxious. But true, the whole conversation could have been avoided if he just kept his mouth shut. Changmin whispered, "...I'm sorry."

To that, Kyuhyun looked up, visibly shocked. Eyes widened slightly, fire beginning to burn once again. Kyuhyun asked quietly, "What?"

Now, Changmin couldn't stop. He didn't want to hold back, because now the truth was bothering him. And he had already said 'sory', might as well go the full length. Changmin said, "For what I said before, about not liking you, and that I wouldn't mind Junsu hyung replaced me in this show... I'm really sorry. I didn't know you would be offended by me saying that. I'm sorry."

Kyuhyun raised a brow at this. Curiosity had been apparent as the elder asked, "How do you know I'm offended by it?"

To that, Changmin gave an amused look, wanting to sort of mock the elder. But Changmin held back, because it wasn'ta good idea right now. He said, "Well firstly, you left by yourself. And secondly, your hyungs told me so."

At the mention of his hyungs, Kyuhyun's eyes went dark. He spoke, "That it, huh?" 

Changmin stared, "Does that annoy you?"

Kyuhyun smiled slightly, in a somewhat sullen way. He replied, "Well, the fact that you're apologising because my hyungs told you to, yes, I do find that annoying.

The younger quickly acknowledged that, he knew why that would have annoyed Kyuhyun. Changmin continued on though, ""Thirdly, you're quieter than usual."

The other at Changmin was a twisted expression, "What do you mean I'm quieter than usual?  I never talked much before to you anyway."

"Not your lips," Changmin replied, "Your eyes.Your eyes aren't speaking as much as they normally do."

Those words caught Kyuhyun's interest, another spark being lit. The Super Junior maknae said, "Expand on that."

Changmin began to think, what was he trying to say? Without becoming too flustered, he responded, "Normally when something's going on, your eyes kind of light up and shine. Windows to your soul, are they not?"

To this, Kyuhyun looked down, a slight smile taking place on his lips. So perhaps he wasn't wrong about Changmin.

It was beginning to feel warm again.

"So you really did notice." Was all Kyuhyun said.

"How could I not?" Changmin replied. He realised, Kyuhyun's lips forming a smile, to which it felt like an accomplishment. Because he had trouble being honest, and he had trouble swallowing his pride. And for Kyuhyun to smile, whether or not it was really because of him, once again, made Changmin feel like he had done something right.

"Thanks." Kyuhyun said simply in a more pleasant way than before. It sounded sincere to Changmin, a smile forming on his lips too.

He replied simply, "Sure."

And it felt serene after that. It felt sweet. Though, Changmin quickly tensed as Kyuhyun stared at him with curious eyes and said, "Hey, why did you start acting all weird before? When I was talking with Junsu hyung?"

What a great question.

To that, Changmn began to feel flustered, even he didn't really know the answer fully. Though, with Kyuhyun's eyes gazing at him so expectantly, Changmn had to give an answer. To which, he came up with this: "I have no good reason, was just a little moody."

Kyuhyun scoffed at those words. He wasn't an idiot. Kyuhyun spoke back, "Don't lie, you're not that type of person."

Changmn raised a brow, "And how would you know that?"

The latter smiled.

"Your eyes. Windows to your soul, are they not?" Kyuhyun questioned innocently, to which Changmin couldn't help but grin. The younger ruffled his own hair.

Changmin spoke, "Don't worry about it."

"No, tell me. I want to know. It can be your token of apology." Kyuhyun replied, to which Changmn simply gave a disbelieving look. 

"But I'm not giving you anything." The younger said.

Kyuhyun stared simply.

"You're giving me the truth." He stated, "What more could I want?"

When Changmin heard those words, so simple and pure, he felt obligated to reply with the truth. So he swallowed nervously before looking away, saying, "It's just... Inside the cafe, you were so indifferent, so uninterested. I guess I was too, but then, I realised that you didn't smile once. I didn't either, but I know because I was kind of forcing myself to be upset. And so I was wracking my brain out over it, thinking and thinking... And then there was Junsu, and the moment you talked, you smiled, and I was just... just..."

Kyuhyun tilted his head to the side, "Jealous?"

Changmin shook his head, "No, definitely not. More like irritated."

Something was off.

"Why would it irritate you that I smiled at someone?" 

To that, the younger bit his lip, trying to think of some sort of reason. Changmin started,"Because I couldn't do it, and someone else could, and you... we..."

Changmin paused then.

"Maybe I was jealous."

To this, the sort of wondrous expression on Changmin's face was more than enough to entertain him. The maknae laughed softly, before making his own apology.

"I'm sorry too. It's just that nobody really likes to sing on whim as much as I do, so when Jaejoong hyung said Junsu hyung was like that too... I just got excited." Kyuhyun explained, then repeating it once more, "I'm sorry."

The fact that Kyuhyun had also apologised to him was odd, because Changmin felt as if he were the one at fault. But perhaps it was good to have another perspective. Changmin simply shook his head, "It's fine, it wasn't really my place to get mad anyway."

This tme, Kyuhyun let out a happy grin and asked, "Would you still not mind if Junsu hyung and I starred on We Got Married together? Do you still not like me-"

Changmin felt a light blush coming to his cheeks as he looked away once more. "You know the answer to that already, so just... shut up now."

Kyuhyun smiled softly.

This perhaps wouldn't be that bad afterall.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I rushed this chapter~! My life has been a little busy. I'm not sure what to do with this story, any ideas?~ ^^