First Meeting

We Got Married: Changkyu Version

Changmin sat at a table in the cafe, the alleged meeting place for him and his virtual 'husband'. The entire cafe was filled with the DBSK members who had hidden somewhere in the back, the staff of of We Got Married, and the man who owned the cafe itself.

Changmin felt rather uncomfortable with the cameras around him.

He was never really one for being the center of attention.

Changmin sighed heavily, cursing mentally and gritting his teeth. How could his hyungs just sign him up to appear in We Got Married without him knowing? Changmin ran his fingers through his hair once again. He had to keep his hands occupied. If not, he would have probably broken something. Again. He felt his heart beating with nervousness and his hands sweating slightly. Changmin hoped that whoever he met, that person would be 'nice'.

But he still noticed his hyungs hiding in the kitchen and peering through the window. Jaejoong, Yoochun, Junsu and Yunho watched from the window on the door, giving them full sight of their clearly agitated maknae. They felt bad for him, but at the same time, they felt as if they had done something good. They needed to teach their maknae how to take care of someone, and Changmin definitely wouldn't listen to them if they had just said, 'Get a boyfriend'.

Suddenly, the door of the cafe opened. A pleasant ringing sound was heard as the door knocked on a bell placed right above it. The whole area went silent. The DBSK members standing from behind the door stared and Changmin gulped before leaning in slightly. A person walked in. A boy. He had pale yet sun-lit skin, rounded and clear eyes, hair falling onto his forehead and pink lips. Ghere, Changmin's eyes widened. That person was Cho Kyuhyun, the maknae of Super Junior. He had expected anybody, but him.

"It's Cho Kyuhyun!" Jaejoong exclaimed from the back, so loud Changmin could hear it and groan.

"Really? Are you sure? Wow." Yunho muttered.

"Daebak!" Yoochun exclaimed.

"Is he Changmin's type?" Junsu asked.


Kyuhyun bit his lip nervously, brushing his hair away from his eyes. He looked around to see nobody but the staff, some workers and a single person sitting on a table to the right of him. Kyuhyun's eyes widened slightly, it seemed that the person on the table was going to be his virtual husband. As he stared longer, Kyuhyun then realised who it was. The person was the maknae of DBSK, Shim (Max) Changmin. Kyuhyun's breathing hitched.

Out of all people to be paired up with, it was him.

They stared at each other in silence for a couple seconds. It were as if they felt a spark jolt through their bodies, like they had seen something they never even knew existed. Then, quickly, both maknaes pulled their eyes away. Kyuhyun approached the table with a hesitant look. An awkward silence quickly followed as Kyuhyun began to talk.

"...You... are Shim Changmin of DBSK... right?" Kyuhyun asked. There was a hesitant nod.

Even though Changmin knew who Cho Kyuhyun was, he had never actually talked to him. And to be honest, it really didn't feel like the best of circumstances.

"Y-Yes... And you're the maknae of Super Junior, Cho Kyuhyun. Correct?" Changmin questioned. He mentally scolded himself for stuttering at the beginning of his sentence. That was something Shim Changmin did not do. Stutter.

"Correct." Kyuhyun replied in a certain yet hesitant way.

Then there was a silence.

"Say something Changmin!" Junsu yelled from behind the door.

"Don't make it awkward on the first meeting!" Jaejoong added quickly.

Yoochun simply stared out the window and coughed awkwardly, "...You do know Changmin can't hear you, right?"


Nothing, absolutely nothing happened within that minute. Changmin and Kyuhyun stared at each other, looked away, made sure they were who they thought they were, then finished the conversation. To tell the truth, Kyuhyun was actually more annoyed that Changmin didn't offer him a seat, compared to the Super Junior members even making him participate on the show.

Kyuhyun hummed softly, "Could I... um... sit down?"

"If you want." Changmin replied in a slightly cold and uncaring way. Kyuhyun was startled at this, and swallowed hard. Silently, his mind started turning. Something clicked within Kyuhyun, yes, it was competition start.

The games had begun.

If this person, Shim Changmin, was going to act like that, he would do the same. He would be better, in fact.

Of course, Kyuhyun wasn't going to let himself be shown straight away. Definitely not. He wasn't going to let Changmin see his dark side so soon, within the two or three minutes they had met. That would spoil all the fun. It was decided, Kyuhyun was going to act sweet, caring perhaps, and even a little shy and coy. Oh yes, they'd never see him coming. They would get a shock never experienced in their lives.

"T-Thank you." Kyuhyun stuttered with his mind ticking away like a bomb; the maknae couldn't wait. He sat down on the opposite of the table, facing Changmin. He was going to act how he normally did in front of strangers, reserved but straight foward.

It wasn't time to attack yet.

But it seemed like Changmin had sensed something already.

"...So..." the DBSK maknae muttered awkwardly, suddenly feeling something in the air change. Changmin looked up at Kyuhyun for a mere second, noticing something flash in the other's eyes. A flame, one that burned brightly, but not in joy or hesitation. It was more of amusement.

Though, Kyuhyun stared simply, pretending not to notice, asking a rather innocent question, "What are we supposed to talk about?" 

Slowly, the fire in Kyuhyun's eyes began to die out. This caused Changmin to shake his head and believed he had just imagined it all. He sighed, "...I don't know, I didn't even want to be here." 

Kyuhyun raised a brow.

"What do you mean?" He asked softly. For the second time, their eyes met, before looking away once again.

Changmin groaned loudly as he ruffled his own hair, "Ergh, my hyungs signed me up to participate on We Got Married without telling me." 

"Oh, really?" Kyuhyun asked with surprise. All of a sudden, a sort of excitement was being built from the inside, and he didn't know why.

"Yeah, why do you seem so surprised?" Asked Changmin, wondering why the other was looking at him in such a way..

Kyuhyun tore his gaze away and coughed awkwardly, "It's just that, the same thing happened to me.."

Now this did catch Changmin's interest.

"What?" He questioned out of shock, Kyuhyun simply gave an indifferent expression.

"Yes, our hyungs can be so annoying." he breathed slowly.

"I know, they're so troublesome." Changmin added. 

Kyuhyun nodded, but suddenly remembered a question lingering in his mind. He asked abruptly, "...You said that you didn't want to be here. Now that you've met me, do you still want to leave?"

 Changmin was taken back by such a sudden question.

"...Um..." Changmin hummed, Kyuhyun stared with deep eyes.

But before he could answer the question, not that he really wanted to (considering Changmin wasn't actually sure of what he was feeling at the moment; it was kind of just numb), the kitchen door slammed open and revealed four people. Changmin would have glared, but at the moment, he was thankful for their presence.

"Hello! We are DBSK!"

Kyuhyun stared with widened eyes, surprised at the sudden sound, while Changmin watched uncaringly.

The Super Junior maknae said simply, "Hello."

"Why are you guys here?" Changmin asked, only to keep the conversation running. He knew why they were there; it was because the four had felt that he and Kyuhyun were not going to make any 'progress'. Not that he really wanted to. Perhaps it was a rebellion, a sort of protest, but it was focused towards a grey area; or more like wrong person.

"We came to help you guys get to know each other." Yunho said with a smile, so bright that Changmin wanted to be a black cloud that could hide the shine. A sigh escaped his lips.

The four DBSK members each grabbed a chair and sat around the table.

Bad move.

Once that happened, the atmosphere deepened into an intense fog, heavier than before. It was simply this strange awkwardness where no one was really sure of what to say or do. Changmin actually felt a little bit sorry for Kyuhyun, who seemed to be in a worse situation than him.

Changmin stared agitatedly at the others, "You said you came to help us get to know each other, but you just made it even more awkward." 

It was the first thing said once Junsu, Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Yunho had sat down. And Kyuhyun was sensitive to everything. He was a sort of observant thing; Kyuhyun did not just focus on one detail. He noticed tones, the way people spoke, what people did and their body language. From the moment he walked through the door, his eyes analysed Changmin within a split second. Perhaps it could have been considered 'overanalysing', but it felt as if Changmin was 'helping' in some sort of way. And Kyuhyun was grateful for that.

So he'd consider perhaps being nice; and save Changmin the trouble of meeting his darker self.

Perhaps.

The other four DBSK members looked at each other, they really didn't know what to do or say. They had never been in this sort of situation, since everyone they knew was kind of mutual with each other. Of course, the DBSK members were well acquainted with all of Super Junior. Though, Kyuhyun was the exception. They both had already debuted by the time Kyuhyun was a trainee, and he was added a year later into their other family. They could recall the Super Junior members actually complaining about it, and the DBSK members knew why; there were already twelve members. They were hardly known individually, and a thirteenth member would have made it even more troublesome.

So Kyuhyun was shunned at first. But after that period, Kyuhyun was a dearly loved member who they wouldn't trade or the world. Because Super Junior almost lost him once, and they didn't want that to happen again. So they all gave in to Kyuhyun's wants and needs, to which the DBSK hardly ever saw him when they went over. It was normally because Kyuhyun often visited his family or other friends, or was sleeping. 

And it was a total coincidence for their maknaes to end up with each other, Yoochun muttering, "We didn't really think it through..."

Jaejoong hummed, he was thinking of ways to make conversation, and came up with this: "In DBSK, who are you a fan of?" 

Kyuhyun's eyes looked up at Jaejoong, somewhat surprised he had asked such a direct question. It was a trait that reminded him of Heechul greatly, and he knew the two hung out with each other, so perhaps their personalities morphed to suit the other as time passed. Kyuhyun gazed at each person.

or some reason, they were tense. At least, Changmin was, but only slightly. He was a little annoyed that Jaejoong had asked a question of preference, when the person to be with him was already selected. At this point in time, Changmin was not jealous, there was no need to be, but it did irritate him to the fullest. 

The Super Junior maknae thought for a second before saying, "Mickey Yoochun."

And then there was a silence, to which Changmin was not jealous, and Yoochun was completely thrilled.

"Really? Thank you." They bowed to each other in respect. And for the first time since Kyuhyun entered the cafe, he smiled.

"Wow, he looks even more happy when he met Yoochun compared to when he met you." Yunho joked awkwardly, trying to create a pleasant atmosphere. But it didn't really work. Changmin was feeling slightly bitter at this point, and he found Yunho's comment stupid. Of course Kyuhyun looked happy, he hadn't smiled at any one of them yet. And to that, Changmin's mind flickered: He hadn't made Kyuhyun smile once.

"So, Kyuhyun, tell us about yourself." Jaejoong spoke, it seemed he was the only one actually helping. He felt the atmosphere darken with Yunho, to which he found it slightly amusing.

Kyuhyun thought a little, what facts were there to tell? He was somewhat unsure, saying, "Um... I have a Noona named Cho Ahra."

Changmin saw a window of opportunity appear. He wasn't sure why, but seeing as Kyuhyun was indifferent in his company, he wanted to make the other feel something. Whether or not it was hatred or adoration, there was something relatable between them. Changmin stated simply, "I have 2 younger sisters." 

"Really?" A short reply from Kyuhyun was given, and that felt like a challenge for some reason.

"Yeah." Changmin answered. 

End of discussion.

The four DBSK members stared at Changmin, kind of in a way that said, 'Say something else'. The maknae simply ignored it though, to which they sighed. Yunho added on,"...Changmin's parents are both teachers." 

"Oh, really?" Kyuhyun asked with some occurring. What Changmin saw though was a reaction part mainly though.

"Yeah, what about your parents?" Changmin asked, that felt like a step in the right direction. His hyungs seemed happy enough he asked a question.

Kyuhyun stared at the ceiling for a second before looking back at the other, "...My Appa owns a School in Taiwan and my Umma owns a Art Academy. Before that, she used to own a kindergarten." 

And there was the silence.

The DBSK members stared at Kyuhyun was if he had said something unfamiliar, or in a different language. This made Kyuhyun felt a little uncomfortable, but the maknae continued on, nonetheless,  "And... my Noona studied in Austria and graduated from a school in England." 

After hearing that, the DBSK members took a moment to think. They realised Kyuhyun grew up in a rather high class lifestyle. Junsu joked after the silence, "...We can't match with you." 

Kyuhyun became a little shy after seeing the way they stared at him. Despite everything, growing up a little wealthier than others, he wasn't that different. Like everyone else on Earth, Kyuhyun had gone through experiences, lost people and things, and was so much different from how he was years back. Money didn't change that factor, nor could Kyuhyun really be shielded from it.

Though, the DBSK members didn't really pay attention to it aftera couple minutes. They had acknowledged that fact, then moved on. Jaejoong asked, "What are your hobbies?" 

"I like... many things." Kyuhyun replied simply, causing a slight laugh. It made him kind of tense, actually.

"...Really? So does Changmin." Yoochun said a little awkwardly, just earning stares. Though Junsu laughed, not with Yoochun though, more or less at him rather.

Suddenly, the cafe doors slammed over, giving everybody a startle.

"Hello!"

DBSK and Kyuhyun turned around to see Eunhyuk and Donghae standing at the door.

"H-Hyungs." Kyuhyun stuttered. When he was panicked or shocked, his formalities would come out. Kyuhyun even forgot he was annoyed that they had signed him up for the show. 

"We are Super Junior!" They exclaimed as they stuck their hands out in the usual manner, not that they had to. Everyone in the room knew who they were.
The four DBSK members smiled, while Kyuhyun and Changmin who were giving rather confused looks.

"Hyukjae- I mean Eunhyuk. Donghae, what are you guys doing here?" Junsu smiled pleasantly at the arrival of his close friends.

"Good to see you." Yunho stated with a grin.

"Why did you come here?" Kyuhyun asked, not really pleased at their presence in all honesty. Although, he did know they were simply trying to help..

"Well, we know both people here. So we can probably get you talking more." Eunhyuk said. A unanimous nod was passed as the DBSK members moved to make space for the two to sit.

"Okay then." Changmin muttered, smiling slightly at his hyungs. Despite not knowing Kyuhyun well, he too was close to Super Junior.

Eunhyuk took a seat and sat down, giving a cough to gain attention. He knew what to do in some sense, beginning by saying, "So, Kyuhyun, start by telling Changmin what you like to do in your free time." 

Kyuhyun stared at Eunhyuk in disbelief, but shook his head and decided to ignore it. The maknae responded, "...I like reading books." 

"Changmin-ah only reads manga and watches his anime." Jaejoong said, making Changmin bite his lip. Being someone who watched anime and read manga didn't really give a good impression to some people, so he tended not to say that until he knew a person fairly well.

"Kyuhyun likes to read manga too." Donghae stated, unsure though of whether or not it were actually true. 

Changmin's eyes lit up, "Really?" 

"Only sometimes." Kyuhyun corrected. 

"Ehh..." Was a rather disappointed sound from the rest, the Super Junior maknae remained indifferent about the whole thing.

"Kyuhyun, what else do you like to do in your free time?" Donghae then asked.

"I like eating." Kyuhyun replied bluntly, a tad annoyed, and nobody seemed to notice except for Changmin who stared back at him. It was the third time they had made eye contact, and this time, they didn't look away as easily. They were in similar situations, being the youngest who was forced to do something they didn't want to; their lives seemed almost parallel. So, without anything, there was a sort of hidden understanding between them.

The corners of Kyuhyun's lips twitched slightly, and it felt as if the numbness was beginning to warm.

The person across from him and bothered to notice, through all the noise and people, Changmin saw. It may have seemed a little foolish, but not many people did see, a lot of people couldn't be bothered seeing and refused to do so. But Changmin, even though he revealed his displeasure in being on the show, he still made an effort, perhaps a slight one, but an effort nonetheless.

Kyuhyun gave a discreet smile as he gazed downwards.

Perhaps this was mission accomplished for Changmin.

The DBSK maknae had quickly seen the annoyance flash through Kyuhyun's eyes. He, though irritated himself, did bother to watch Kyuhyun. Because there was no way to stop it, and from this day, this filming session, Kyuhyun was to be his virtual husband, lover. And despite not really looking forward to it, and not wanting to do it perhaps, he was still going to put in effort. Because Changmin did not do things half-heartedly.

And he was rewarded.

He made Kyuhyun smile for the first time, to which he looked down as well and tried to stop a little grin crawling to his lips. 

Smiles really were contagious.

No one seemed to notice this though, the sort of 'talking with the eyes' the maknaes had managed to do without ever meeting one another. Yoochun moved on, saying,  "Changmin likes to eat too. He and I used to wake up at night just to eat." 

"...Isn't that unhealthy?" Kyuhyun asked, earning snickers. Changmin felt himself warming up to the other, just slightly though. Only slightly.

"Changmin, what do you like doing in your free time?" Donghae asked, trying to keep the conversation running.

"...I like to drink beer." Changmin responded, unsure whether bringing up alcohol was a good idea.

"Kyuhyun, do you drink alcohol?" Yunho asked.

"I mainly drink wine or soju." Kyuhyun replied; he really didn't drink beer.

"A silence quickly followed, all eyes turning towards Eunhyuk and Donghae. It was either out of disappointment or hopefulness. 

Eunhyuk and Donghae quickly became flustered, Eunhyuk stating, "Don't look at us like that, we're doing better than you." 

Donghae then remembered, "Actually, you haven't even looked into each others' eyes yet." 

"What?" A unanimous noise was created.

"Come on, look into each others' eyes." Eunhyuk told the maknaes. They stared at Eunhyuk like he were an insane man. It was clear neither wanted to do it, or at least, do it in front of everyone.

"I already did." Kyuhyun stated, "When I walked into the cafe, we looked at each other."

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, "No, like, romantically! Rather than wanting to kill each other." 

"Ah, Kyuhyun's never dated before!" Donghae suddenly exclaimed, whether purposely or accidentally was unknown. Kyuhyun really wanted to hit him, although not to hurt him. More or less, to teach Donghae to keep his mouth shut.

"...Really?" Questioned the rest. It was a rather shocking revelation. though they knew that the Super Junior members were rather protective of their maknae. Yunho recalled Leeteuk saying something about murdering any man who laid their hands on his 'baby'.

Perhaps Changmin was too tall for the DBSK members to consider him a baby anymore.

"Yeah, so Changmin, we entrust him to you." Donghae and Kyuhyun stated in union.

Changmin simply stared, lost in confusion. Kyuhyun was 'entrusted' to him? The DBSK maknae could feel his mind imploding.

"Look into each others' eyes. The first time Kyuhyun has looked into someone's eyes like this. Feel honoured." Eunhyuk said, Changmin felt himself heat up.

It was a show, and Changmin did not feel right about this. The first time of anything gives the impression for any other time. And he didn't even want to be there, which meant that Kyuhyun would have received a bad impression of love. Not that Changmin knew everything about the emotion, but at the very least, he was not a stranger to dating.

Changmin started, "I-", but was cut off.

"I'll put paper in the middle." Eunhyuk said as he put a piece of paper between them.

"Ergh, really..." Changmin sighed and looked at the paper. Kyuhyun did the same.

How was this going to turn out?

"1, 2, 3..." Eunhyuk muttered as he took the paper away.

Changmin and Kyuhyun's eyes met, their fourth time. They weren't really sure what they were feeling, but it was warm, and numb, and tense, and awkward, and... and everything else. The corners of Kyuhyun's lips twitched again, but he did his best not to smile. Changmin did the same.  perhaps it was because they didn't want to give in. Their hyungs were right there, and they didn't want to be told, 'We made a good choice signing you up', because that would hurt their dignity, that would hurt their pride. And both maknaes knew that, they understood that. So under the table, their shoes touched, a sort of sign that meant, 'Alright'.

Then, slowly, without too much hassle, they blinked and looked away. It wasn't as easy as they thought, because there was a sort of flash, a sort of magnetism that made them want to keep looking. But they wouldn't continue, because that would be weird, and that would hurt their dignity.

"Any feeling?" Jaejoong asked, not seeing a single change. No blush, no sweat, and no fiddly hands. Though, he did notice amusement flashing through both their eyes, but decided to ignore it.

"I wonder how this will turn out." Eunhyuk mumbled to himself, but quickly regaining his composure as an MC and stating, "Now that is finished... Let's go to the park! We can give you tasks there!"

Kyuhyun and Changmin stared at Eunhyuk before staring at each other; fifth time.

Perhaps it wouldn't be too horrible.


-----------------------------------------------------------------

How is it? I may end up rewriting whole chapters if they end up wrong! >_< And I know that they do have things in common, but I'll mention it later. Like how I'll reveal Kyuhyun's 'true' personality... Comment what you of the story so far please~ ^^