Eye Amulet {Chloe}

Mythomagical

 

SO I FINALLY GET THE CHANCE TO TELL THE STORY. Thank you, Sehun. And no, you’re not awesome. You’re extremely lame.

Yes, I was so panic when I heard Luhan’s voice, I did. I quickly dragged my feet to the woods, the only words in my head was, Luhan is in danger. Sehun tried to stop me, I didn’t. He yelled at me, I didn’t care.

Long story short, Sehun defeated. I got to admit, he was really awesome facing those scary-deadly monsters. Yes, there was only two, but still, who would want to risk their life just to fight some ugly creatures? I admit that I was thinking that I was not a great sister to him. I didn’t help him with anything in the fight, I was just sitting behind a tree, terrified.

After the battle he had with the monsters, he seemed so startled. I was clueless about what was bugging him. And it seemed like he didn’t want to talk about it.

“We better get going find a place to stay. It’s getting darker.” Sehun broke the silence between us. Feeling awkward, I just nodded as a response.

I had no idea where we were staying for that night. It was a hut, a small hut, it had a door and a small window on the front side, no windows on the other sides. The hut was near by a river, it seemed like someone made it for anyone that is lost and needed a place to stay.

“I made this hut when I was in one of my journey. No need to worry, I had protected this hut with somekind of magic,” Sehun explained, clearing up my assumption. Again, I just nodded to him, “I wanted to tell you something, but, inside.”

I went- wait no, we went inside the hut. Inside the hut, there were 3 beds on the corner of the room, a small kitchen on the opposite side. It was REALLY simple, except there was a cupboard and a bookshelf beside the cupboard. Sehun said the cupboard was filled with some stuffs that is unnecessary for me to know. Sure, I wouldn’t bother to look up for the cupboard.

“So... What do you want to tell me?” I asked him after he put down his rucksack on one of the bed. “Put your things first. Claim your own bed before something else claim it.” He said, I quickly put my things on the bed that happened to be the bed beside his.

He sat on his bed, I followed him, I sat on my bed too. “Here’s the thing,” he took a deep breath, “I’m not only a person that is related to Greek mythology thingy. So the eyes that you saw earlier had nothing to do with our father or other creature from the Greek mythology,” I tilted my head, trying to absorb the words he just said into my brain, but it was hard, “I told you that already. And the Egyptian mythology... I think I got it from this,” he showed me an amulet that was tangled on his neck. It was an eye, “Horus’s eye. Do you know him?” OOOH the horus dude. I ever talked to him, honestly. “I... I.. ever talked to him.” I answered carefully. I bit my lip, did I say something wrong? His jaw dropped, but it went back to its position in a blink of an eye. “You, what? You ever talked to him?” He asked me in disbelief. Well of course, this was weird. I couldn’t see the Egyptian creature that Sehun faught near the camp and Set’s army in the camp, but I ever talked to one of the most important god in the mythology.

“So I guess it’s my turn to do the story telling.” I smiled sheepishly, Sehun just looked at me with a blank expression. “My mom, she was a great magician.” Before I could finish my story, Sehun cut it off. “Ooh I see why.” I just stayed silent and looked at my feet. “Okay, it’s nap time now. This hut is protected by my Egyptian style magic.” I looked around the hut, something wasn’t right, I was pretty sure of it.

“I don’t think the shield you  made is not strong enough to protect both of  us.” I walked around the hut, trying to feel the power that protect this hut. My mom always ask me to check whether her shield was fine or no, she said that I had  this special ability that not all magician had. But the thing was, I wasn’t a magician, even until now, I am still not a magician.

“What? You know nothing about the power,” He answered, annoyed. I gave him a scared face. He just sigh, “Okay, tell me where’s my fault.”

“The shield is not new, I’m assuming this is the shield you made when you were in your quest where you made this hut. You need to re-new the shield, trust me, I’m a pro at checking Egyptian magic shield.” I said at the end, reassuring him. He didn’t believe actually, but he still walked to the cupboard to get something that looked like a long folded paper and a wooden stick that looked like a boomerang. Then, the paper was thrown to the ground and he summoned some spells, and with it I could feel that the shield was getting stronger.

“Done,” He said as he folded the long paper into a roll and put it back to the cupboard along with the wooden stick. “Go to sleep now, see you tomorrow at the morning, kiddo.”