Chapter Eleven

Soul Searching (JeTi)

I DIDN’T BOTHER EDITING OR I WOULDN’T BE ABLE TO UPDATE UNTIL NEXT WEEK.

I HAVE A SURPRISE ABOUT MY VISUAL NOVEL AS THE DEMO FOR OUR GAME “VISUAL ROMANCE” IS NOW AVAILABLE.

 

CHAPTER ELEVEN

 

Whilst walking, Jessica noticed two people talking; she wanted to ignore them, but she couldn’t. It was the person she hated and the person she wanted to protect, talking like it was something normal. Faster. She walked faster to avoid getting noticed by the people she didn’t want to see at the moment.

And she made it through.

 

It wasn’t like she could say anything, especially when Taecyeon was there with Tiffany. Plus, if her new friend wanted to get back with her ex, that she still obviously loved, who was Jessica to stand in between them? Despite her dislike, she would still have to accept that.

Upon arriving in her class, Jessica chatted with some of her classmates as they asked her about the class and the paper they had to submit the next meeting. “It’s really not that bad,” she told one of them as he said he struggled with the given topic. “If you just write your thoughts, it should flow. Start with a brief introduction of the topic so you can elaborate from there.”

 

“Jessica,” Taeyang called from the door. “I need help!” he exclaimed, and only garnered a glare from the blonde. “Come on, Jessica! You know I’m really stupid.” He started heading towards the blonde.

 

The blonde then rolled her eyes as she sighed. “Good thing you know.”

 

“Awwe.” Taeyang then clung to Jessica’s arm. “Don’t be like that, Jessica. You and I both know that whenever you help me, I give something in return. I’ll set you up with a new friend I have if you help me.”

 

Brushing his hand off, she then said, “Can you not?" She then gently wiped her arm, as though it was dirty.  "I’m not in the mood to be going on a date.”

 

“But that’s all I can offer you! Come on! Please!” He started to shake his friend. “Last time you wanted us to set you up with a girl, and now I found one. Please, please, please!”

 

“And? That was the last time,” Jessica said nonchalantly. Taeyang whined some more, and the blonde struggled to get her friend off of her. Not wanting to deal with it any longer, “Fine!” she hissed. “You win! What do you want?”

 

“I just want you to help me with my paper,” he beamed a smile at her as though he was innocent, not causing annoyance.

 

“Why are you so cranky anyway?”

 

“I’m not,” she flatly said.

 

"You so are, " Taeyang rebutted. “Did you fight with your new girlfriend?”

 

The blonde rolled her eyes. “What girlfriend are you talking about? Are you smoking something?”

 

“Tiffany.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

Taeyang then raised his brow. “Not denying it, are you? So you did fight.”

 

For the umpeeth time, the blonde sighed as she rolled her eyes. “I’m very much so single. I’ll even go on a date with your friend just to prove it to you.” She was never the one to admit to feelings or anything, and she was the one who would always make herself go through so much trouble to just to prove herself, despite pretending.

 

“Okay then! I’ll tell her later. Anyway, can you start writing now?”

 

“You’re such a loser.”

 

***

 

Can we meet later? Please?

 

Please reply to me.

 

I don’t like things to be like this.

 

Come on Jessica.

 

I really didn’t mean what I said last night.

 

So you mean to say since you didn’t mean it, it shouldn’t affect me?

 

I’m sorry.

I didn’t mean for things to be like this.

 

I just didn’t expect things to pan out like this.

I guess we’re really just not alike.

 

Please don’t say that.

 

The blonde then placed her phone on the table as she waited for Taeyang in the library. She figured, might as well teach the ******* something; that would get her day going and that also meant she had done her good deed of the day.

 

She saw her screen flash as she got the new message from Tiffany. Not wanting to reply anymore, she ignored it and concentrated on the textbook in front of her. Trying her best to analyze things, she failed as her thoughts were full of her new friend. If things were different, if things were said differently, if she was a little bit less of herself, maybe she wouldn’t be fighting with her friend right now. But things were like this, and there was no helping it. It wasn’t like she could change what happened. If Tiffany wanted for things with Taecyeon and her to get better, the blonde wouldn’t have any power to stop it - it wasn’t like she wanted to stop the short-haired girl from finding love even if she didn’t agree with this love. Because obviously, she and Tiffany were never alike, not only that but their situations were different. Like what she pointed out yesterday, at least Tiffany was convinced she was loved, unlike Jessica who never had the chance to confess her feelings to her best friend. And looking at it now, she was convinced that at least Tiffany felt some love. She might not be a believer of this,  but Tiffany was and that was what mattered the most.

 

Concentrate, Jessica kept on repeating this to herself. If she wanted to get her mind off things, she should focus on something else, she figured. But that only worked if she didn’t let herself. But her mind was just full of thoughts about their argument last night.

 

It wasn’t like it was her fault though, she just did it for her friend’s sake. Plus, who told Tiffany that Jessica was nice anyway? No one. There are just those few people that brought the good in her, but weren’t people like that to begin with? People were all evil, but it just took those few people to bring the best out of them.

 

“Jessica,” Taeyang called as he was slowly approaching her.

 

Jessica looks up only to see a nervous Taeyang and there hid behind him was Tiffany.

 

Taeyang then grabbed Tiffany by the arm, pulling her beside him. “So, I think it would be good if Tiffany joins us for today’s tutorial? She needs help, I think.”

 

She needed help? Was Taeyang aware that Tiffany was smart and would be a scholar? She was the last person in Jessica’s circle to need help.

 

“I don’t know if you know this, Taeyang, but Tiffany has a perfect GPA. She can actually tutor you better,” Jessica said as she gathered her things.

 

“Jessi, please?” Tiffany said as she held on Taeyang’s hand.

 

Jessica shot her a glare. “Don’t make it seem like this is my fault, okay?” She then placed the strap of her bag on her shoulder. “Taeyang, if you want help, Tiffany’s there. If you still don’t get it, you know where I live.”

She walked rapidly for the first time since she didn’t really want to be in there when Tiffany was. But just when she thought she was away from the short-haired girl a hand stopped her, spinning her.

 

“Jessi,” Tiffany said, frowning. “Please, don’t do this.”

 

“What do you want then?”

 

Tiffany sighed. “For us to talk? Can we talk?”

 

“And talking helps?” the blonde spat, as she raised her brow.

 

“But running away doesn’t either,” she softly replied. “Because later, when you’ve calmed down, we will talk.”

 

“I don’t have to talk.”

 

“Jessi, I reall----”

 

“Stop calling me ‘Jessi’. My name is Jessica, okay?” She yanked her arm, freeing herself from Tiffany.

 

Tiffany was taken aback. It was the first time Jessica treated her so coldly ever since they became friends. She had seen this side of Jessica, but it was never this cold. And never did it affect her too much.

 

When Jessica noticed the tears that was building in Tiffany’s eyes. She bit her lip, feeling guilty. Never had she made any of her friends cry, especially she never expected for Tiffany to be this affected. They barely knew each other, but it was tough now that the very woman she wanted to protect, she, ironically, ended up hurting.

 

She shut her eyes, as she sighed. “Look, I’m really not used to this, okay?” She confessed. True to her words, this was a first to her. Never had she had an argument with friends like this and she simply didn’t know how to handle it. Her circle was never big to begin with, and if other people found her displeasing, she would actually just ignore them and not give her two cents.

 

“So we’re good now?” Tiffany asked.

 

The blonde simply looked down, trying to figure out what to say. Were they really fine, she still was unsure. Was it something she should ignore? She feared that Tiffany could change her; slowly, the girl already did. But was she ready to always worry whenever they fought? That she would end up feeling guilt?

“Jessi,” Tiffany called as she tried reaching out to her friend. Instinctively, Jessica pulled her hand even before Tiffany could touch it. “I’m... I’m sorry.”

 

“I---I---” The blonde was left out of words. She didn’t mean to pull back, but she did. She looked Tiffany in the eyes only to see sadness, and she couldn’t help but feel sad as well as she was the one causing this. “No, Tiffany. I’m really just not used to this. I’m really just ed up.”

 

“No yo---”

 

“No, I am. I know that.” Jessica nodded at the thought. “I just really hate people I hate, especially if they hurt the people I care about. I know it wasn’t my place to do that to the person you love, so I guess I understand that I’m in the wrong. But I’m also in the wrong because he did you bad.” She then sighed before continuing. “But I guess I didn’t respect your feeling. I mean, how could I when you’re being stupid? Like, seriously, why him? Did you hit your head or something? He doesn’t even look that goo---” her words were stopped when she heard Tiffany’s giggle. She then looked at her blankly. “What?”

 

“I can tell you rarely apologize. I mean, you said you’re sorry yet you called me stupid? You’re really something, Jung.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. “It’s ‘Jessica’. Or I guess in your case, ‘Jessi’. Since you don’t ever listen to me anyway.”

 

“So,” Tiffany starts as her eyes form crescent shapes. “We’re good now, right?”

“I guess,” the blonde said as she twirled around, starting to walk away. She was trying her best to hide the slight tint of pink in her cheeks. She then felt hands wrapped around her arm, and saw a pair of pale hands. “Aren’t you a bit clingy? Get off me!”

 

“No!” She held Jessica tighter. “I missed you a lot.”

 

“Sure you did.”

 

“No. Really. I was so scared that you might never talk to me again.”

“Quit exaggerating. Even if it did, so what? I’m just one person.” Truthfully, Jessica was trying her best to hide her grin, so she looked the other way. She was actually happy that Tiffany was an expressive individual; she didn’t have to say whatever she wanted because the other girl always beat her to it.

 

Tiffany released her, and started to walk beside the blonde. Was it because of what the blonde said? Did she offend Tiffany yet again? It felt as though she was being abandoned when Tiffany did that, and the blonde hated it. She hated the feeling of needing Tiffany beside her, and she simply didn’t understand how someone could affect her so much, so much so it seemed so similar when Taeyeon started dating Yuri. But to Tiffany, Taecyeon was there. And this realization added fuel to the fire. It gave her another reason to hate the guy. But because he was important to Tiffany, she wouldn’t do anything to the poor man. She might even help him in the future.

 

This thought actually made her feel jealous a little. She just hoped that there was someone out there who would cry because they loved her, mean did it seem, but it was true. She hoped that someone felt as though she was important to them. That even her existence changed something in that person - enough to even cause them to cry just like how she did for Taeyeon and Tiffany for Taecyeon. Was that possible?

 

“But you’re already so important to me,” Tiffany said softly. “I was so worried that you’d stop being in my life, that you might just ditch me, and I felt sad. Really sad actually. I mean, to a point where I cried myself to sleep!”

Jessica stopped her pace, and she just looked at Tiffany. Cried? She didn’t mean to make the girl cry. Not ever. That was one thing she wanted to protect from Taecyeon, and weird enough she did the same thing; she was no better than the guy.

 

“I want some ice cream. Wanna go? My treat?”

 

Tiffany then clings back. “Is this your way of apologizing for making me cry?”

 

“No! I just want ice cream,” the blonde said in a firm tone. She then pushed Tiffany away but failed to get rid of the girl. “You’re so clingy! I swear I’ll ditch you this time!”

 

“You don’t mean that, Jessi!”

 

“Yeah I do!”

 

“Take it back! Take it back!” Tiffany kept on repeating in a singing tone, trying her best to annoy Jessica.

 

“Geez! You’re too much, you know that? I swear to God that I’m gonna ditch you.”

 

“Don’t be like that. I can’t live without you.” Tiffany giggled and then continued, “Ice cream, right?”

 

Weird. It was the only word Jessica could come up with to describe whatever it was they shared. Or what she felt. It might be because she never actually fought with her friends so she could never compare the feeling she had now to previous relationships with others.

 

But this kind of weird was a good thing, she thought.

 

-----------

 

WHAT DO YOU THINK? COMMENT!

Again, 
ONLY THOSE WHO COMMENT WILL RECEIVE A PM FROM ME FOR THE NEXT UPDATE.

 

HERE IS OUR HARD WORK

 

VISUAL ROMANCE

(A Visual Novel Game Designed for Sone, by Sone)

 

 

This is a visual novel developed and made, quoting BySone.net’s slogan, by sone for sone. And frankly, it stands hand in hand with that slogan. This is created by us, sone, to be enjoyed by our own. Repetitive, no? But it’s true. The characters are whom we love (Jessica, Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Yoona). I know, I know. It would’ve been better to have all nine girls; however, that requires intensive programming and an amazing story. It will just be too much to have all of them together when we have a small team - this being the first visual novel made for Girls’ Generation as well doesn’t help - so I do apologize if your bias isn’t part of the game. We just don't have enough hand to make it happen at the moment.

 

We’ve decided to release a demo version of this. The pictures are not permanent and are not owned by any of the staff, as we are switching it with art drawn by amipiai and NG. Although, we are planning on releasing both the art version and picture version. So it will be depending on your preference whichever you like best.

 

THIS DEMO VERSION IS OUR FIRST DRAFT.

If you spot errors and the likes, we will still polish this later on. We just want to release this in hopes that people will know that on the girls' sixth anniversary,  we will also release this story.

 

Story and Written By:

xella08x

 

Programmed By:

CaraChan

 

Art By:

amipiai

NG

 

Music By:

krzykillax

meatsy

 

---subjected to change as some people might join the team---

---IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WILLING TO HELP, SEND THEM MY WAY.
I ACTUALLY NEED HELP ON WRITING THIS STORY AT THE MOMENT---

 

 

We would like to make a shout out to BySone, as they have supported us.

 

Follow me on my Twitter or BySone's account:

 

xella08x:

@ssfxella08x

 

BySone:

@bysone

 

Hope you enjoy!

 

Characters:

Jessica

Taeyeon

Tiffany

Yoona

 

KEYS TO USE?

 

NEXT: Left click, Spacebar, and Enter buttons.

 

BACK: Mouse’s scroll and Page Up button.

 

OPTIONS: Right click.

 

 

 

LINKS:

 

Windows version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l91k7jor9n742ic/VisualRomance-1.0-win.zip

 

Mac version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjwthu5gl6xewoc/VisualRomance-1.0-mac.zip