Chapter Nineteen

Soul Searching (JeTi)

Another update!

 

Pardon my errors! I really am busy with school, life, and work! I don't have the luxury of rereading my chapters anymore.><

 

 

 

WORD COUNT: 6100

 

it's another long update!

 

 

“I can’t believe it,” Tiffany said as she laid in bed, where Jessica sat at the foot of the bed, watching a highly recommended movie, which she was actually enjoying. It was pretty rare for her to be that interested, so she made a mental note that she should go thank Yoona for it; maybe to thank her, a trip to the ice cream parlor would please her and Tiffany after a long day of shopping.

 

The blonde looked over her shoulder and then asked with her face distorted, not understanding Tiffany’s sudden words. “What do you mean?”

 

Tiffany sighed with a smile on her face. “I still can’t believe everything, you know? It’s feels surreal.”

 

The blonde simply smiled at her and then went back to watching the movie, not wanting to miss an important part. “Believe it. It’s happening.” Which she recalled the things they had done for that day. After taking her friend to Serendipity 3 earlier, they then met up with her mother and had dinner together. Like always, after having dinner, the blonde’s mother had to rush for a cocktail meeting, which the blonde was used to. Not wanting to waste time, she invited Tiffany for another cup of ice cream, stating that she would give Tiffany only the best ice creams in New York. She remembered her friend laughing; she simply called her ‘silly’. But the blonde liked it. Despite seeming like she was pushy, needy, clingy, and sometimes like a stalker, in all honesty, she really didn’t mind; it was not like it mattered as long as Tiffany was happy; she would be happy to be just about anything.

 

“Jessi,” Tiffany called, so the blonde turned her head to look at her friend. “Thank you. Really.” Not wanting to say anything in response, the blonde simply nodded. It seemed like saying ‘welcome’ would just make her feel awkward; she was doing this because she wanted to, and that was the very reason why she didn’t feel like this was helping at all. This was her selfishness speaking, and that was it. It just so happened that her friend was benefiting from it as well.

 

The blonde’s phone started to ring, so she got up from her seat and went to the nightstand where Tiffany was. She pressed the green button and then said, “Yoona-ah,” in a very sweet tone.

 

“Hey! So what are you up to?”

 

Shaking her head as though her friend could see her, the blonde said, “Nothing. Just watching a movie here in Tiffany’s room.”

 

“T’s with you? So, is that what you guys call it nowadays? ‘Watching a movie’?” Yoona laughed. “I should learn that code.”

 

The blonde rolled her eyes. “Shut the up,” she said, which made Tiffany look her way with a frown on her face. “I mean, shut up.” Jessica looked at Tiffany, as though asking if the latter was contented with the rephrase, which Tiffany smiled in response.

 

“Are you enjoying your time with new T?”

 

“She has a name,” the blonde simply said as she walked back to where she was, continuing to watch her movie, or at least trying to watch it.

 

“What are your plans tomorrow?”

 

The blonde pondered for a little bit, wondering if her mother had asked her to do something special but nothing came to mind. It was just the shopping with Tiffany since the latter already finished signing all the paper works, and her parents were flying in Monday morning for the rest of the paperwork. “Nothing really,” she said and then continued, “I think we’re just going to shop.”

 

“To Fifth Avenue?” Yoona asked, which the blonde nodded in response, not realizing that the person she was talking to couldn’t see her since she was too engrossed in the movie she was watching. “Jessica, are you going to fifth?”

 

“Oh, yeah. Yeah. We are. Wanna come with?”

 

“Maybe just for lunch if you’re still around the area.”

 

“Okay. I’ll text you, okay? I’m pretty sure snail mails won’t work this fast.”

 

“Shut up, you a$s.”

 

“Yeah, yeah. Bye. I love you,” the blonde said, trying her best to rid of her. She just wanted to watch her movie, for god’s sake.

 

“Are you trying to shoo me so you can get back to ‘watching a movie’,” Yoona said with emphasis.

 

“I am watching a movie! You can even ask Tiffany,” she said.

 

“Uh-huh. I’m sure she’ll just lie to me and say you guys are.”

 

The blonde rolled her eyes. “Anyway, you should bug off. I’m a busy person.”

 

“Sure, sure. You just really want T-time, and no Yoona-time. I’m a bit hurt to tell you frankly. This person must be amazing.”

 

“You’ll meet her tomorrow. So can we settle with that?”

 

“Bye, Jessica! I’ll see you tomorrow lunch time, yeah?”

 

“Yeah,” the blonde mumbled.

 


Your treat, yeah?”

 

The blonde scoffed, knowing it would lead to this. Her best friend had always been fond of food, especially the free ones. She was also used to this. Sometimes, the blonde wondered if her personality simply allowed her to adjust easily or she could just tolerate peculiar characters so much that she attracted them. Even until now, she didn’t have an answer to why she was friends to half of her friends. “Yes. Now can you please bug off?”

 

“Bye. I love you!”

 

“I love you, too,” she said as she hang up.

 

“Who was that?” Tiffany asked, still laying down. There really was just no way in hell the blonde would finish this movie and actually comprehend it since everybody she knew simply wanted to talk to her. She then explained to her friend that it was her best friend from when she studied in New York when she was younger, and that she was Mister’s Im’s daughter. She actually almost slipped that she was the interior designer of Tiffany’s room’s daughter, which thankfully she remembered to keep mum. “I’d love to meet them if you’re fine with that.”

 

The blonde scowled, confused with what the girl said. So she then asked, “What do you mean?”

 

“If you’re fine with me meeting your friend, I don’t have any complaints.”

 

“You make it seem like you’re a slave or something. You know, if you don’t like anything I do or simply anything, you need to voice this out. I really wouldn’t know what you think unless you tell me, okay?” the blonde asked as she looked over her shoulder. Tiffany answered favorably and so the blonde said, “If you don’t want to meet Yoona, you don’t have to. But I would love for you to meet her.” At this point, the blonde didn’t want to seem like she was pushing for her friend to meet Yoona, but for some reason, she wanted the two to meet. It just seemed like they would get along, and that she would love for Tiffany to meet most of the people she surrounded herself with, which was weird, actually. But then, that was the very word that could define their friendship: weird. So there was no need for her to justify her actions now as there was no justice needed when it came to this thing they called friendship.


 

****


 

The blonde was looking blankly out of the window as they traveled, heading to Fifth Avenue, where she usually shopped since every store was there anyway; it would be easier for them to shop for attires. It was too early for the blonde; who in the right mind would go out to shop at ten in the morning, she thought. But she really had very little time since she would be leaving in two days so she would want to do everything she could until she left. Would there be a day when she would mind walking an extra mile for Tiffany? Actually, now that she thought about it, she literally would walk more than a mile just for the girl since they would be shopping a lot; that meant a lot of walking.

 

She sighed as she looked to her side, where Tiffany was busy texting, whoever that was, it was making her giggle a lot, which made Jessica curious to whom the girl was talking to. Not meaning to impose, she still asked about the person.

 

“My friend from Los Angeles,” Tiffany answered, eyes were still on the phone.

 

The blonde didn’t want to talk anymore so she simply nodded and then stared out the window again. She spotted her mother’s secretary waiting in front of the unloading area as they were pulling up in front of her. Wasn’t it a Saturday? Why was the poor woman there on her day-off? The blonde doubted that it was coincidence so maybe she was asked to accompany them? Well, she used to do this with Jessica before, but there really was no need since there was the driver anyway. She decided to send the poor woman home so she could have more time with Tiffany without being careful at how she acted. The blonde hated it when she was in front of other people: There was the Jessica that was appropriate with icy character while there other was what she usually showed her friends, the silly, irritable blonde that she was. She wouldn’t want to act the former around Tiffany since that would make things awkward, and she also didn’t want to act as the latter since her mother’s secretary was there.

 

She then opened the car and greeted the two, “Good morning, ladies,” she said as she gracefully motioned her hands to get off the car, welcoming them, with one hand leading the way while the other rested on her stomach.

 

“Good morning,” the blonde said as she got off the car.

 

Tiffany flashed a smile at the female. “We’ve met again. Thanks for yesterday,” the girl said as she followed Jessica out of the car.

 

“You’re welcome,” the secretary said. Since she was the one who helped Tiffany arranging her scholarship paperworks, the girl felt in debt to her. “I already contacted a lot of stores, informing them that we’ll be stopping by to see their collections.”

 

Wasn’t this supposed to be a time for just the both of them? Why did her mother arrange this? It was excessive for two college students to be viewing special collections as though they were going to wear the outfits to somewhere important. But at the same time, the blonde wondered why should she refuse her mother’s generosity; it would simply mean they wouldn’t have to carry the bags around since they would just deliver it to her flat. “Cancel the private collection,” the blonde said in a stern tone. “I don’t want my mother to be upset with you so I’m not sending you home, but I also don’t want someone following me around,” the blonde elaborated. “Can you please just wait for my call and collect the things we buy? Or at least arrange for a delivery to my mom’s place.” The secretary bit her lower lip; the blonde figured she didn’t want to be in trouble. “I’ll tell my  mother you did a wonderful job. So please, just do as I say.”

 

With a frown on her face, she then nodded. “But if you need anything, just anything, please do tell me. Your mother clearly gave me instructions to make things as convenient as possible. Should I book a table for two at your favorite restaurant?”

 

Just for two? There were clearly four people as of the moment, but she figured that employees always waited outside for them. But that was just not the right way to treat a human being. Sure, she didn’t want to be around them to witness how she was, but that didn’t mean like she should dine at a better restaurant than them just because her parents’ could afford it. Since they could, they would pay for whoever accompanied the blonde as well. “Reserve two tables. One table for three, and one for two.”

 

“Are you expecting for more party, Miss?”

 

The blonde nodded. “Yeah, I have Yoona coming soon. And I’m pretty sure you’ll be hungry. So the other table’s for you and him.” She nodded once to the driver’s direction. “Anyway, I’m going with Tiffany now,” the blonde said as she held Tiffany’s free hand, as the other was still busy texting. “I’ll call you both.” The driver and the secretary nodded as they bid the two, telling them to have fun.

 

Seeing one of her favorite stores, the blonde headed in, dragging Tiffany along. The blonde looked over the shoulder, and frowned at the sight. “I thought you like shopping?” Wouldn’t this day be a great day? She figured Tiffany would be all over this since they were at Fifth Avenue. It was like the Rodeo Drive, Champs Elysees, Mall of Emirates, or even Crystals of New York for crying out loud. Shouldn’t she have her hands in the air, flailing them or make comments like she liked something?

 

“Oh,” Tiffany looked up as she then looked around. “I’m sorry. Yeah. Let’s shop.”

 

Oh? That was her response? The blonde began to frown as she watched her friend look at clothes with half her attention on her phone. Was she really just talking to her friend? They were already together for almost two weeks in California, so why talk some more? Did Tiffany treat everybody equally? Then wasn’t the blonde also her friend? So why was she here, and yet not here?

 

Not wanting to spoil her day with negative emotions, the blonde then headed to the racks, looking through clothes that she or Tiffany might like. Maybe Tiffany would like this one, she reached for a red blouse, thinking that Tiffany’s pale complexion would look great with it. She would definitely get this for the girl, one of the many.

 

“Jessi,” Tiffany called so the blonde turned to where the voice came from. “The clothes here are ridiculously expensive.” She then lifted a plane white shirt with a gold button on each sleeve. “Two-hundred for just this?”

 

The blonde nodded. Her parents always told her that quality was better than quantity, so they only took her to places that made quality clothes, and of course the name-brand that came with it. “Yeah. It’s nice and simple. That would look nice with a cardigan or a scarf.”

 

“There’s no way I can afford this,” the girl said. “I’ll ju---”

 

“It’s okay. I’m paying.” Which, actually, was true. She didn’t plan on using her cards that her parents gave her since it was a present from her. She figured her mother would be the one buying the more expensive things, and her father would provide the even more expensive things that obviously a pampered blonde couldn’t afford.

 

“No, it’s not okay,” Tiffany said and then her phone’s message tone rang, making her look at her phone. “You can’t pay for me. I’ll still keep you company though.”

 

The blonde rolled her eyes at the sight, not wanting to spoil her day. This was supposed to be their bonding day, so she couldn’t lose her temper now. “I’m not paying. My mother’s paying then. Happy?”

 

Tiffany shook her head. “Nope. I’ll be here and tell you which one I think is better,” she said with her eyes glued on the phone.

 

The blonde closed her eyes, sighing. She didn’t really plan to spend her days arguing. If Tiffany didn’t want to be there and preferred to talk to whoever it was she was talking to, why were they in the store in the first place? She knew the girl would refuse any more than this, but her mother told her to buy clothes for her friend, which she wanted to do from the beginning anyway. “You do realize you have clothing allowance, right?” The blonde lied; she figured this was the only way she could get Tiffany to have fun with her, or at least get her off her phone.

 

“I didn’t read about that. Aside from the allowance the company will give me monthly, I didn’t read about the clothing allowance.” Tiffany shook her head.

 

“Well, there is. I read your contract,” she lied once again.

 

“Even if there is, I wouldn’t buy anything from this place,” Tiffany said. “But nice try, Jessica. My dad read the contract the other day, and he’s a lawyer.” She then went ahead and got back to texting her friend, which made the blonde even more upset.


As the blonde groaned, she placed the item she was holding back on the rack. The blonde raised her hands to her shoulders’ level, as though she was surrendering. “You know what, let’s just go,” she said as she stormed out of the store. She dialed the secretary’s number, making her move her lunch to as soon as thirty minutes from now since it would take that long to head there. She also told her to call Yoona, and just inform her to head there.

 

Why couldn’t she just accept the blonde’s generosity? Was it that hard to let the blonde pay? Had this been Jessica’s mom accompanying them, there just wouldn’t be any way for the girl to deny the gesture! Maybe had she been whoever the hell Tiffany was talking to, she wouldn’t deny it since she was all smiles and giggles when she was texting whoever demon it was!

 

“Jessi,” Tiffany called as she finally caught up with the girl. “Is there something wrong?”

 

“Nothing,” the blonde said as she saw the car pulling up in front of them. The driver got out of the car, but the blonde signaled him that she already got the door since she really just wanted to leave the place.

 

“Come on! It doesn’t seem like it was nothing,” Tiffany said as she followed Jessica in.

 

“I said it’s nothing.” The blonde looked at the girl, not caring if it seemed like she was upset. Because she really was upset and she wasn’t the type to just hide that. Despite the denial, it was evident that she wasn’t really liking the situation.

 

Tiffany didn’t say another word, and Jessica caught a glance of her texting. Who was this demon she was texting? Whoever that b!tch was, she was in Jessica’s sh!t list.


 

****


 

“Hey Jessica!” Yoona called when she was close enough to Jessica and Tiffany’s table. It was weird how for the first time, the two sat and didn’t even bother talking. So the blonde was thankful that Yoona was now there. “Sorry, I took forever. There was traffic.” The blonde simply shook her head and gave her friend a welcoming hug and a kiss on the cheek. “Is there something wrong?” she pushed the blonde a little to have a better view of her. The blonde frowned, but shook her head. Usually, whenever Jessica became clingy to her, it would mean the blonde was upset with something or at least something was troubling her.

 

“Anyway,” the blonde said as she let go of the hug. “Introduce yourself,” she looked at Yoona and then at Tiffany, but it only lasted for a split second. The two shook hands as they both said their names respectively.

 

Their waiter then came since their party was already complete, and so the three ordered. “Do you want some appetizers?” Yoona asked, but no one replied. She then looked at the blonde. “I’m asking you if you want some appetizers.” The blonde shook her head. Even though she was at her favorite restaurant, she didn’t even want to eat. She wasn’t in the mood to savor the delicious meals, so why bother over-ordering like the duo always did. “Okay. No appetizer for Jessica.” She then looked at Tiffany. “How about you? You want some?”

 

“I think I’ll be okay with just my entree,” Tiffany answered with a smile on her face.

 

Yoona shook her head. “You know, the only time you overeat is when you’re with Jessica.”

 

Tiffany looked at the blonde and then at Yoona, looking confused. “What do you mean?”

 

Yoona giggled. “Why else? Because Jessica pays! That’s simply how she shows her love.”

 

“You see me as though I’m a walking dollar sign, huh?” The blonde rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms on her chest. She really couldn’t deny it though. The only way she knew how to love was to provide; that was how she grew up, and so she just practiced that. That was why she was upset whenever someone refused whenever she tried to pay, since how else could she show love? This was how her parents were to her, and so just did the same.

 

“That’s not good,” Tiffany said as she frowned. “It feels wrong when someone does that to me.”

 

“Is that way you refused me earlier?”

 

“Yes. I don’t like accepting luxurious things. I don’t need people to buy them for me.”

 

Wouldn’t that be too late? Her friend would be hosted by her parents, the type who showered people with presents. There just wouldn’t be anyway that she would be able to refuse the blonde’s parents. These were the type of adults that showered their loved ones with expensive things. The blonde wanted to move out of the dorms, but also not wanting to stay at home, which was more than an hour drive from their main house, the couple bought a spacious condominium for the blonde; she turned twenty-one last year, bought her a luxury car. Did Tiffany realized what she had signed herself to live with? “Well, get used to it,” the blonde said coldly. “Anyway, go order already.”

 

“Jes---”

 

“I’m fine,” the blonde’s voice was stern, cutting her friend’s words. She knew the girl would just ask how she was, she was sure of it. So she didn’t want to hear more of it, that was why she cut her words. She caught a glance of Tiffany’s frown before she looked out the window, watching people pass. She really didn’t want to cause that frown, but how about her? Would she just always try to comply with whatever Tiffany wanted? She wasn’t that type of person, so why change? All she wanted for Tiffany was the best in the world, so she tried to make this weekend perfect, but it was being ruined by both of their pride.

 

“Are we ready to order?” the server asked, and so they did. Like always, Yoona ordered a lot and Jessica expected that.

 

Since the blonde was out of it, Yoona and Tiffany were talking about anything under the sun. Anything that came to mind, they talked about. It wasn’t like the blonde wasn’t paying attention; she caught bits and pieces to their conversation like when Yoona mentioned about her boyfriend, who studied in Chicago, but she stayed in  New York since she wanted to attend fashion at a university there.

 

There was something when Tiffany mentioned she followed her boyfriend at that time to Korea, that was why she studied there. But she also loved that place, so it worked out well. The blonde was looking through the window, pretending like she wasn’t listening. But when Tiffany mentioned her ex-boyfriend, whoever it was, the blonde realized she didn’t know much about the old Tiffany. She didn’t even hear this story. She just thought that Tiffany wanted to study in Seoul, and there was no great love behind it. Would Jessica be able to be as foolish, and yet brave, as Tiffany? To move to another city simply  because of love? Thinking about it now, that just made the blonde admire her friend more.

 

“So you’re single, right?” Yoona asked.

 

“I am,” Tiffany answered, causing Yoona to pinch Jessica’s leg under the table, which caused the blonde to wince in pain.

 

The blonde looked at Yoona, glaring whilst rubbing on the pained spot. “Why’d you do that?!” That was just uncalled for. The blonde was just sitting quietly, not even bothering them or anything.

 

Yoona then flashed a huge smile at her best friend. “Do I need a reason to annoy you?” She asked, which garnered a grunt from the blonde. “Anyway, Tiffany said she’s single.”

 

“And? I already know that.”

 

“So, Jessica, are you single?” Yoona looked at the blonde with a grin on her face.

 

The blonde rolled her eyes. “I obviously am. And love. Love just screws you over, biting you in the after so much effort.”

 

“But it isn’t all like that.” Tiffany looked Jessica in the eyes.

 

The blonde sighed as she recalled her parents’ separation, who always just argued and stayed together because of the blonde and saving face; her love for Taeyeon that turned out to be not one-sided after all; Taeyeon’s love for her, Yuri’s love for Taeyeon, who was ready to leave the girl; Tiffany’s love for Taecyeon, who cheated on her. As Tiffany’s eyes held hers, she then said, “I only know of bad love.” She didn’t want to sound bitter, but it just came out that way.

 

“You’ll find someone good.” Yoona said as she placed her hand on Jessica’s leg, comforting her friend. “Maybe it begins with that letter you and I both know, right?” She then giggled, knowing full well how to push Jessica’s buttons.

 

The blonde just sighed. “You’re stupid.”

 

“Anyway, Tiffany, Jessica’s being like this probably because you refused to let her buy yo---”

 

“But---”

 

“No buts. I’m pretty sure she’s sulking because of that.” Yoona shook her head; she looked at her best friend, who was glaring at her. “You’re actually lucky she didn’t walk out on you. Had this been me, she probably ditched me already.”

 

“You make it seem like I’ve done that to you!” Jessica argued. But she now realized that she really would ditch Yoona if she did that to her. “Anyway, the food’s here. I’m not sulking so let’s drop this and enjoy the food.”



 

******


 

The day was cut short as Jessica and Tiffany headed for Missis Jung’s flat. Since the blonde wasn’t in a good mood and was tired, she actually was able to take a nap. By nap, it was already past dinner time when she woke up. But it helped her not think about anything, relaxing her mind and her emotions.

 

The blonde was hungry so she got up to freshen up, but checked her phone before hand. She saw a two missed calls from Yoona, and so went to the bathroom first to wash her face and brush her teeth, the blonde then gave her friend a call.  “You called?” the blonde asked as she patted a towel on her face.

 

“Oh, yeah. I was just checking if you’re not in a foul mood anymore,” Yoona said. “Because, you know, you really were crabby earlier.”

 

Was the blonde still upset? She paused for a little bit to evaluate her emotions. “I’m over it,” she said, which wasn’t necessarily a lie. Napping usually helped her calm her nerves down, and to be honest, she realized how silly it was on her part to be upset with Tiffany, who didn’t do anything wrong but keep her pride. It was just Jessica’s mindset of pampering Tiffany that got her to expect that the latter would be very much so willing. She actually didn’t know what got to her to even be expecting things with the girl, but she was surely in the wrong on this one. Just after she told Tiffany the night before that she would be fine for as long as the girl told Jessica what she was thinking, and here she was, sulking simply because her ego was crushed. “I mean, I know I was wrong.”

 

“It’s okay, Jessica. You’re you after all.”

 

The blonde raised her brow. “What was that supposed to mean?” Was she implying the blonde was difficult? Then again, the blonde couldn’t deny that because she was. In a sense, she wasn’t the easiest person to deal with, and everybody close to her knew exactly that.

 

“I’m just saying, not a lot of people understand you. That’s why you should talk to Tiffany. I think she’s upset and worried at the same time,” Yoona said as she sighed.

 

The blonde knew her best friend only meant well, and was trying to fix things for the blonde. She was using a phone just to get Jessica to act better, and her best friend hated technology and its convenience. So the blonde knew she had to listen. “I’ll talk to her.”

 

“Why were you acting up anyway? Is it really just because she didn’t let you buy her anything?” Well, why was she upset? There was just no way she would be upset simply because Tiffany didn’t let the blonde pamper her. That was just a bit peculiar. Actually, now that she thought about it, her entire morning since the car ride was just odd. There were times that her friends refused her generosity, and she didn’t react like she did today; so why with Tiffany when she meant to have a good time with the girl? “You’re not PMS-ing, are you?”

 

Bursting the blonde’s thought’s with her joke, Jessica just rolled her eyes as she said, “Shut up. I’m not.”

 

“Then why? Shouldn’t you be all happy that you and your new T are in The Big Apple? I would be happy as hell if my boyfriend flew here just because he missed me like you did with Tiffany.”

 

“I didn’t fly here because I missed her, okay?!”

 

“Then why did you come here? To bond with your mom? Let’s not kid ourselves, Jessica. Auntie is nice and amazing and all, but she doesn’t have the time to bond casually,” Yoona pointed out. It was, yet again, another truth. The blonde, whenever she was in New York, would always stick to Yoona since her mother would always be busy, only having meals with her. “Why did you fly to New York, Jessica?”

 

“I don’t know,” the blonde said dejectedly.

 

“I just pray to God that it wasn’t to fight with Tiffany.”

 

Silly. The blonde was just silly. If her friends weren’t there for her, it would be hard for her to function, really. She wouldn’t realize how her actions could affect others sometimes, so thank goodness she had people pointing out her mistakes. “I just wanted to spend time with her,” the blonde finally confessed.

 

“Well, you only have until Monday afternoon with her, shouldn’t you be spending it with her instead of sulking?” Yoona made a good point.

 

“Yeah, I should apologize,” the blonde said.

 

“What is this?” Yoona giggled. “The greatest Jung Jessica is actually going to apologize?”

 

“Shut up! I actually know how to when I know I’m in the wrong, you a$s!” the blonde bellowed. “Anyway, I really should go talk to Tiffany.”

 

“You do that. You know, not all T’s in the world are off limits. I like this girl for you. I mean, not only did you fly to New York for her, she even gets you to apologize without even demanding for one.”

 

“Shut up. This T is off limits, really,” the blonde said as she hung up, heading to Tiffany’s room so she could at least talk to the girl about how she acted that morning. When she was in front of the girl’s door, Jessica took in a deep breath and then reached for the door knob. “Tiffany?” she said as she took a peek. The girl was laying on the bed, still texting. But this time, unlike earlier, her face was blank. The blonde realized she preferred having that smile on the girl’s face even though it was somebody else causing it as long as the girl kept that smile. “Fany-ah?” she called once again.

 

Her friend looked at her and then flashed a soft, sad smile. “You need something?”

 

Not waiting for an invitation, the blonde walked in to where Tiffany was, sitting at the foot of the bed. “I---I just came to say sorry about how I acted earlier.” The soft smile on the girl’s face remained, and the blonde hated it. She knew Tiffany was forcing herself to smile simply because it was Jessica in front of her or maybe because Tiffany was nice by nature, but wasn’t it unfair? The girl really didn’t mean to be the cause of this, but at the same time, she wasn’t used to behaving as such. The world couldn’t expect her to be considerate since she never was to begin with; this thing was foreign to her. “Really. I’m sorry for being upset with you just because you didn’t let me buy you things.”

 

“Jessi,” Tiffany said as she sighed. “You know,” she started but paused again, thinking on what to say. “You’ve already helped me so much. Don’t you think buying me more things is excessive?”

 

The blonde shook her head. “If you’re asking for my opinion, I really think you deserve more great things. You’re a great pers---” the look on Tiffany’s face made the blonde stop, sighing. “Okay, I won’t force you to go shopping with me. I just really want to buy you things, is that wrong?”

 

“Jessi, I know you mean well. But if you were in my shoes, what would you do?”

 

“I’ll gladly accept it. I mean, if you were also me, wouldn’t you be thinking that I’d have fun, knowing you care enough about me that you took me out and bought me things?” Jessica tried to deliver her thoughts across. “Because I really just want to buy you things, instead of my mother just having them all delivered,” the blonde sighed, remembering how she had to deal with her mother’s way of pampering. “But if you think it’s too much, then I guess it is.”

 

Tiffany giggled softly as she closed her eyes. “You’re really something, Jessi.”

 

“What did I do?” The blonde asked, but her eyes averted from Tiffany to the girl’s phone; there was another text message. The blonde nodded to the gadget once. “You have a message.”

 

“What is this? You sound jealous,” Tiffany said as she giggled some more.

 

Jealousy? Was that really the reason why she had been in a foul mood since this morning? Impossible! “No I’m not! You wish I’m jealous!”

 

Tiffany continued to laugh, and then said, “Don’t worry. It’s really just a friend.”

 

Doubting, Jessica raised her brow at her friend. She wouldn’t be lying, right? Maybe it was Taecyeon, trying to get back with her friend. Why else would she be giggling? The blonde didn’t want to hand Tiffany to that jerk! Never. “You’re not lying to me are you?”


“You really sound like a jealous girlfriend.”

 

“I’m not! I’m curious, not jealous. I just wanna know you’re not talking to someone that will just hurt you,” the blonde explained. There just was no way she would have a repeat of Taecyeon. Over her breathing body.

 

“My friend, Hyoyeon, whom I’ve known since freshmen year of high school is just asking me about my stay in Korea, my stay here in New York, about your family, and of course about you.” Tiffany finished with a smile on her face. “We didn’t spend much time when I was in California since she was out of town. So she wanted to be updated and all. Like who was this person who helped me with the scholarship, same person who’s in New York just for the weekend.”

 

“Oh… so the whole time, you were just talking about me?” The blonde didn’t know how to react, but her lips were curved upwards; her teeth were showing. “Really?”

 

“Yeah,” Tiffany answered nonchalantly, but then looked at Jessica. “I mean, like, I’m not talking bad about you or anything. She just wanted to know you and all.”

 

The blonde laughed. “I’m that interesting of a person, you talk about me, huh?”

 

“It wasn’t like that!”

 

Whilst laughing some more, the blonde then joked, “So you like me, huh? You love me enough to be talking to your friends about me?” Jessica then patted Tiffany’s shoulder. “It’s okay, Tiffany. You can fall in line with the rest of my admirers,” she finished as she winked.

 

“It wasn’t even like that!”

 

“Uh-huh…” Jessica then stood up. “Let’s go eat. Hurry and get changed. You can admire me while we have dinner,” she teased some more as she laughed.

 

“It really isn’t like that! Jessi! Get back here!”


 

 

 

---------------

 

 

Hope you liked it as much as i liked writing it. 

 

Really, I'm sorry for the errors. I'm sure there are plenty but I have no time to edit anymore. ><

 

I don't know when I'll be able to update again since I'll be going out of town..><" I'll have a laptop but it won't really be for writing (unless I'm really inspired so pray for that?)

 

Thanks guys!<3