Chapter Twenty-Six

Soul Searching (JeTi)

Just in time! :D The SEAHAWKS won so I guess I should release an update! :D

 

THAT IS A FAST UPDATE, RIGHT!? LOL And its kinda long too. :D 5000+ Words

 

Here you go! <3






 

Curling her fists into balls, Jessica was in front her her father’s office since it was her last day of work; she was trying to control her emotions. She figured, she would have to tell him about Tiffany so why not now. Her mother was in town for a meeting so she would have to tell them today, or she would miss the opportunity to do so. Never in her life did she think she would be nervous to talk to her parents, the couple that gave her everything. Closing her eyes as she exhaled, she tried to calm down. Her mother would be there very soon since she only had four hours before her flight - this was the only free time she had to come down to her father’s office. It was actually odd that her mother agreed to showing up, but she figured because she was the one who asked was the reason her mother would try to even face her father. There was just no way for her to confess to her mother or father first; they needed to be there together; otherwise, they would clearly be upset with her, thinking she was picking sides. Surely, this was the downside to having parents who weren’t on good terms.

 

Jessica swallowed the lump that was building in ; this really was new to her. This feeling of being scared of her own parents. Wouldn’t it be natural because they might disown her? Be ashamed of her? What if she would tell her that it was no way for her to lead her life like that? It wasn’t like she really cared of other’s opinion, but this was her parents that were involved and their opinion mattered the most.

 

“Jessica,” her mother called as she approached her. Like always, her mother wore a business attire even though she was just going to the airport. It might be because she was only her for two days. Since her mother was busy, her trip to New York was cancelled, which she already predicted so it was nice to even spend time with her here even though it was just a quick dinner last night with Tiffany. Her mother was even inquiring on Tiffany’s preferences on food and everything.“You look pale, is your father overworking you?”

 

Well, she was pale due to another thing. She simply shook her head and said, “No,” as she opened the door to her father’s office. “Dad, we’re here,” she greeted as she walked in first whilst her mother trailed. Looking behind her, she saw as her mother scanned the office - the last time they were all here was probably almost a decade ago. Just years ago, a happy portrait of them was here, now, it was replaced by a huge solo picture of Jessica.

 

“So, what brings you here?” her father looked up to his wife; his face was stern.

 

“Coffee?” Jessica asked so uncharacter-like, lifting the coffee pot that was on the counter. Both her parents shook their heads. Now what? She watched as her mother sat on the couch, and nothing but thoughts on how to confess occupied her mind. Well, this was her future with Tiffany so might as well.

 

“Is there a problem, Jessica?” Her mother looked at her, scowling in concern. She remembered this look very well. The last time she saw this was every day after her car accident. She would always ask her if she was fine or hurting anywhere. Truly, being together as a family brought nostalgia.

 

She took in a deep breath, and as she exhaled she said, “Would you guys hate me if I’m different?”

 

“Huh? What are you talking about, Jessica?” her father asked as he grabbed the pen in front of him since he was writing his initials on the documents Jessica submitted. “You’re exceptional. Why would we hate you? You’re our daughter.”

 

“Your father’s right. There’s nothing you can do that will make us hate you.” Her mother flashed a soft smile on her face; her teeth were not shown.

 

They were saying that now, but what if they found out the secret, Jessica thought. “What if I disappoint you?”

 

Her mother then stood up from where she was and stood next to Jessica; her hand was on the girl’s shoulder. “What’s wrong, Jessica? We’ll fix it if there’s something wrong.” That was the problem. She was wrong. Her. She wasn’t normal in the eyes of the traditionalists. And honestly, she didn’t know where her parents stood on the subject.

 

“Did you break something? We’ll just replace it,” her father then said.

 

“There’s nothing we can’t do for you, Jessica.”

 

Hearing these words gave Jessica a little bit of reassurance that she wanted, but it still didn’t remove the fear she felt completely. “What if the problem is me?”

 

“Jes---”

 

“I love Tiffany!” she just blurted it out without even thinking about her consequences; she already thought enough and nothing would come good from it anyway. She heard her father’s pen drop on the table, and so she looked at his direction; it seemed like he stopped breathing, staying like that like a statue. She took a glance at her mother, who wore a smile on her face, but it scared her that her mother didn’t say a word.

 

“Are you in a relationship with her?” her father asked; his voice was a bit lower than usual.

 

“Yes,” she answered.


She heard her father sigh deeply. Seeing her father stressed like this was really not very common especially in front of his family. “Jessica,” he called softly as though trying to remain calm or to grasp what his only child said. “It isn’t easy,” he said.

 

“If this is what you want in life, I will support you.” Her mother hugged her. “So stop shaking.” Shaking? She didn’t know that she was, but now she felt her quiver in her mother’s embrace. This was what she wanted - for her parents to tell her things would be alright. “Don’t be scared,” her mother whispered as she brushed her blonde hair.

 

“Jessica,” her father called and so she looked at him, but her head still hung low. “I love you no matter what,” he said as he got up from his seat and walked towards her. “But, honey,” the way he said it scared Jessica, but her mother’s embrace gave her comfort. She knew her father loved her, but she was still afraid of what he was going to say. Did she disappoint him? “It’s not what society thinks is normal. That kind of relationship isn’t stable, Jessica,” he reasoned as he placed his hand on her head, ruffling her hair a little.

 

“But dad, you can’t reason that it isn’t stable because we’re both girls,” she looked at him, trying her best to not look away. She didn’t want that their gender was the factor of this so-called unstableness.

 

“Je---”

 

She closed her eyes and said, “Dad, you can’t say that. I mean, if relationship’s stableness can be determined by gender, then we wouldn’t be broken, right?” Because if being straight meant she was secured to have someone who loved her for her for the rest of her life; her family would still be together; she wouldn’t have to grow up alone, and if she wasn’t, she was with the maids, nannies, or the drivers. Had that been the very reason for a relationship to be stable, her parents should’ve made things possible to stay together but no.  That was no basis. This just triggered memories of her eating by herself, being in the car by herself, having her nannies attend PTA meetings or award ceremonies. She saw pictures as though she was a bystander of her own life, and honestly, she felt so bad for herself. As much as she told herself everything was fine; as much as she tried to understand her parents, there was just so much a girl her age then couldn’t understand back then.

 

“I’m sorry, Jessica,” her father said as he cupped her face. She only realized then that she was actually tearing up. “I just don’t want you to be hurt.”

 

“We’re really sorry, Jessica,” her mother said as she continued to brush her locks with her fingers. Actually, she had no recollection of them ever being this close to each other as a family. Maybe that was why she had to go soul searching and finding herself. She was never complete; unbeknownst even to herself.

 

She didn’t know if she should feel sad that she might’ve disappointed her parents or happy that they were together, but she knew the issue at hand was about her and Tiffany. Potentially, they could be together for a long time, and she wanted that. They’ve only been together for more than two months now, and have known each other for not much more than that, but if it was Tiffany they were talking about, she didn’t mind. Not one bit. She would stay faithful and make her happy, she knew that much. But in order to be happy with Tiffany, she wanted her parents’ approval more than anything. “I---I can be happy, right?” she asked as she opened her eyes. “It---It’s fine?” Never in her dreams did she even think that she would talk to her parents like this; even the thought of them seeing her weak frightened her because she had always been the perfect daughter with amazing grades, great business perception, great talents, and who could talked to  adults even at a young age and never whined.

 

“Of course, Honey,” her mother said. “Your father and I are here for you. We’re not perfect, but we’ll do everything we can so you can be happy.” She then wiped the tears on Jessica’s cheek with her thumb. “Don’t cry. We’re sorry.” She then led her to the couch and guided her to sit. She sat in between her parents.

 

“It will be hard, but if you’re fine with that, we are, too.” Her father placed a hand on her lap. “We’ll support you.”

 

“That’s right. We’ll treat Tiffany like our own daughter,” her mother said as she flashed a smile.

 

“But,” her father started with a sigh. “The chairman might be against it.”

 

“Sung Soo!” her mother called. “Your father doesn’t have the right to dictate Jessica’s life. She’s already working so hard because of him.” It was true. Her grandfather was the one who pushed her to working during the summers, and her father agreed. It was also his idea to make her stay here instead of New York, and her first year here, her father and she were in an accident. This was why she knew of her mother’s hate for him, and maybe the reason why her maternal grandpa hated him.

 

“Hye Kyo, I just want to be honest. Regardless, he still owns majority of this company. I worked hard to expand this for the reason that Jessica would inherit it,” he said seeming forlorn as his brows were crooked. This matter must’ve shaken her father since he never called her by her Korean name; it had been years and he always called her by Jackie. “I’ll talk to your grandfather. Mom should be fine, but he might really be the problem.”

 

Since her grandfather was a conservative, he was already hesitant to leave the Jung empire to a girl. He wasn’t really the type to practice equality based on gender, but he was proved wrong by how Jessica was. To him, Jessica was special and was an exception to everything.“I will work extra hard!” Jessica suggested. “I will go to school and work.”

 

“No, Jessica,” her parents said in unison.

 

“But if grandfather can see how determined I am, he won’t complain right? My first class starts at one in the afternoon so I can work from morning to noon.” Even if she would end up killing herself with the workload with school and the office, she wouldn’t mind. She would really do everything so her family would accept, and that meant pleasing her grandfather with her academic performance and work records.

 

“You should concentr---”

 

“Dad, I can do this. I will prove to you guys that Tiffany makes me a better person. I’ll even wake up early for this. So please, trust me.” True. Now that she thought about it, she would have to say goodbye to sleep since she took all the afternoon and evening classes, she would get out of school a little before eight - the same as Tiffany, and now she would have to wake up at six so she could be at work by eight.

 

“That’s too much, Jessica,” her mother said. “If this will be a problem with your grandfather, I will talk to him.”

 

“No!” she exclaimed. The last thing she needed was for her mother and her paternal side to be in another argument because she saw what it did to her family. “I will work hard, Dad. Please? I won’t even drive anymore.” This would please her father since he never liked the idea of her driving. Ever since the accident, he stopped doing so. And honestly, being driven around wasn’t an issue anymore since she would rather save the time working on something in the car than driving. That would be almost two hours of her life so it was fine.

 

“We should have dinner together, yes?” Her mother clasp her hands, and then she looked at her husband. “For Jessica, I’ll be fine to fly here next month for the weekend.” The smile on her mother’s face comforted Jessica, making her nod in agreement. “We’ll welcome Tiffany to the family. Even if your grandfather would have an issue, believe me when I tell you that your father and I will be here for you.”

 

“Thank you,” she said as she leaned in for a hug.


 

******



 

“Jessi?” Tiffany peeked out of her room to see if she heard the front door open.

 

“Your hair,” Jessica said as she looked over her shoulder, seeing her girlfriend with long black hair. “Extensions?”

 

Tiffany giggled as she gave her girlfriend a welcoming hug. “No, Jessi. It grew overnight.”

 

Rolling her eyes, the blonde then said, “Fany-ah, you’re an a$s.” She then stole a quick peck on her girlfriend’s lips. “Charlie’s on his way here, by the way.” She then explained that she had him pick some food from a restaurant so they wouldn’t have to cook. She was tired from work and talking to her parents drained her even more since it took a lot of swirling emotions just to be with them for a little more than an hour.

 

“Your eyes  are puffy,” Tiffany commented as she gently cupped her face.

 

Quickly, the blonde walked to the kitchen. “Allergies,” she lied. “Anyway, make sure your schedule four weeks from now.”

 

“It might be mid-terms but sure. I’ll do that.” Tiffany was behind her, leaning on the island. “But why?”

 

“We’ll have dinner with my parents,” she said with a soft, genuine smile on her face. She knew she didn’t need words to tell Tiffany what happened, and true to her thoughts, Tiffany smiled widely as she jumped for joy, asking if Jessica was serious. “It’s not like I can keep such a pretty girlfriend a secret, you know?” She twirled her finger around Tiffany’s long hair. This might be the death of her. Her girlfriend was already gorgeous with short hair, but this look just made her even more stunning.

 

“Aren’t you lucky?”

 

Jessica leaned forward, biting Tiffany’s neck lightly and then began kissing it; she then brushed her hands on Tiffany’s arms and then finding her hands, intertwining their fingers. From Tiffany’s neck, she found her way to her lips, kissing it. When her girlfriend was already in the mood for more, deepening the kiss each time, the blonde pulled away with a smirk on her face. “Dinner first.”

 

“This is unfair! You got me in the mood.” Tiffany pouted, only giving more pleasure in teasing her. Why must she be this adorable, she thought. She pulled Tiffany in, telling her that there was something they still needed to discuss, especially that now that she would be too busy for anything. “What is it?” she smiled.

 

But before Jessica could answer, the doorbell rang and so she had to open the door for their dinner. The driver greeted both Jessica and Tiffany politely, bowing lower than their heads and placed the food on the dining table. “Thanks, Charlie.”

 

“You should eat with us,” Tiffany invited.

 

“Thank you, Miss, but I have to go now.” He bowed his head and left.

 

“Let’s eat before the food gets cold,” Tiffany said as she fixed everything. So Jessica sat on her usual spot. “So, what do you want to talk about?”

 

“Well, my parents are actually okay with us,” she began as she started to mix the pasta she ordered from their favorite Italian restaurant. “At the end of our conversation, it seems like my dad wanted to formally adopt you,” she giggled. It wasn’t like he was lying. At the end of the conversation, he basically told her to bring Tiffany to every function, and she ever needed anything, he would be happy to do anything for her. “Mom’s even flying in just so we can all have dinner next month. She even asked me what you liked so she can get you things from New York; she’ll go to Paris next week so be prepared. Whenever she’s there, she just splurges and sends everything here,” Jessica giggled as she remembered her mother buying a couple of collections when she was there more than a year ago.

 

“You seem to be in a really good mood,” Tiffany said with a smile on her face.

 

“I am,” she flashed a smile. She didn’t have to worry about anything now since her parents knew about it. “Now I just have to work hard and we can go tell your parents,” she said with a fist in front of her, feeling determined. “What should I do for them to like me?” she asked her girlfriend; her brow was arched.

 

“They already know about you, you know?” Tiffany giggled softly. “You’re the girl who bullied me, was nice to me, became my amazing friend, the girl I fell in love with, and then became my girlfriend,” she counted with her fingers.

 

Wait, if Jessica processed things right, her girlfriend’s family knew of them? “Si--since...when?”

 

“Well, I tell them everything so I kept them updated since the time you hit on me,” Tiffany giggled at the memory.

 

“What!? Now they would think I’m a player or something! I was forced to hit on you!”

 

“You make it seem like you don’t find me beautiful!”

 

Jessica giggled. “You’re the most beautiful that’s why I didn’t mind hitting on you.”

 

“To be honest with you,” Tiffany paused, trying to sum up the right words to say this to her girlfriend without feeding her ego. “I thought you were attractive even before.” Jessica poked fun of her, saying that she was playing hard to get the first time the met. Although, it really wasn’t the first time since Jessica saw her at the cafe and already found her attractive.

 

“Aren’t I too beautiful?”

 

“Aren’t you too cocky?” Tiffany then looked at their set of foods, barely touched and urged Jessica to finish her share, or at least try to since she knew Jessica wasn’t the type to finish a meal. Soon enough, they were almost half done. “I can’t believe summer vacation’s over.”

 

“Right? School’s on Monday. I don’t know where my summer went,” Jessica words were accompanied by a sigh. Now, her schedule would me more hectic as she would be a student, who would go to work early in the morning, but seeing Tiffany in front of her right now made it worth it. At least she had a great cause for it, right?

 

“It won’t be so bad now, right?”

 

Jessica gave her a soft smile and said, “I still have work in the morning.”

 

“What?!” Tiffany exclaimed, choking on her water and coughing vehemently afterwards.

 

If she told the truth, she knew Tiffany would hate it so she decided to tweak some parts here and there, and it wouldn’t be so bad. White lies were fine, right? It was so that her girlfriend wouldn’t worry about anything. “I suggested that I should work more. I really like my team so I don’t mind.”

 

“Oh?” Tiffany frowned.

 

“We still have the weekends together,” she said with a smile on her face, trying to make it seem like everything with her was fine. “I finally get along with people in the office, so I want to stay with them for just a little longer.” Technically, this wasn’t a lie. She really liked the team and working with them wasn’t a chore at all. And plus, Charlie would still be her driver, which was good since he used to drive her around during her high school years. Knowing that she had this many support from her parents to grandparents to employees, she didn’t mind having an overloaded schedule.

 

“Don’t overwork, yourself, okay?”

 

She really didn’t want to talk about this anymore since it would happen anyway so she decided to continue where she left off. “It’s Saturday tomorrow,” Jessica said with a smirk on her face.

 

“And?”

 

“Let’s shower together?”

 

“Now?”

 

“You turned me down last time.”

 

Tiffany paused for a little bit, her chin. “Let’s.”


 

*****


 

It was the first day of school so her father told her that it would be fine to report to work tomorrow. So Jessica and Tiffany were in school, walking hand in hand as they mingled with their friends: Taeyeon, Hyomin, Heechul, and Taeyang. They all agreed to have the five o’clock hour vacant so they could hang out and have dinner together at the place where Sunny worked at.

 

“Maybe you should hide that healing hickey on your neck, Tiffany,” Taeyang made a comment as he pulled on her collar. “Jessica, you dog.”

 

“Shut up,” Jessica said as she rolled her eyes. “Look who’s talking. Tell TOP to stop.”

 

“What? I don’t have any, do I?” He then looked up, stretching his neck and showing it to Taeyeon. “I don’t right?”

 

Now, why couldn’t he just tell them that they really were together? It wasn’t like it was a bad thing. First of all, there was nothing normal about them anyway, so there was no need to be insecure. “Idiot,” Jessica commented.

 

Tiffany laughed and then shook her head. “There’s nothing, Hun. Jessica’s just pulling your leg.”

 

“Woah!” Somebody bellowed to their side and so Jessica looked, only to see the person she loathed the most. He was just too much so she couldn’t play nice if he say something stupid. “You replace me with her?” He looked at TIffany as he pointed at Jessica; his friends were behind him.

 

“Get lost, dude,” Heechul said.

 

“Tiffany, how can you be with her?”

 

Tiffany eyed him from head to toe, looking at him in disgust and then spat, “Because she’s better than you in every aspect.”

 

He then laughed heartily. “Better than me? Are you kidding me? You shouldn’t be satisfied in bed with that.”

 

Well, whatever. Jessica would have to deal with him anyway so might as well finish this now. She turned to face him she then raised her hand in front of her, looking at her fingers as though admiring  them. She then curled her hand and showed her pinky. “Anyone’s better than this, right?” She wiggled her finger in front of him with a smirk on her face, causing Taeyeon, Hyomin, and Taeyang to chuckle but soon stopped.

 

He looked at them and then back at Jessica. “You don’t have what I have, so shut up b!tch.”

 

She then looked from left to right as if looking for something. “Do you have a crush on me or something? Because everything I do seems to bother you.” Jessica then sighed. “I’m sorry, but I’m not into guys. Especially guys with  pus$ies.” She shrugged. Now all her friends snorted a laugh. They all knew Jessica was good at insulting people, and it was a good thing they were friends because if they weren’t, hearing this would actually affect them so much. So they didn’t want to be in Taecyeon’s shoes.

 

“You have a smart mouth, but that doesn’t even affect me,” he said as he looked at Tiffany. “Does she pleasure you in bed like I do?” It did bother Jessica a lot, but at the same time, she knew she wasn’t Tiffany’s first and she couldn’t change that fact. But Tiffany was with her now, so it was fine, right? She wouldn’t need a man anymore, right? “If you’re craving for pleasure, you know where to call me.”

 

“Funny,” Jessica said as she exaggeratingly covered as she gasped. “If pleasure means keeping your hymen intact, boy was I wrong about . I mean, sure, the first inch---”

 

“,” Taecyeon spat.

 

“You’re such a b!tch! You think just because you’re rich you can do anything?” Taecyeon’s girlfriend said. Jessica remembered this very girl was the one that was yelling at her at the hallway months ago, causing hers and Tiffany’s first fight.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that I really think because I’m rich and well-connected I can do whatever I want,” Jessica said as she shrugged. “I don’t go around picking fights with you anymore so can you off?” She he waved her hand, gesturing to shoo them away.


Taecyeon didn’t really had the guts to fight since he knew her family’s fortune and power over the Korean economy. If he hit Jessica or anybody due to anger, he would have to say goodbye to everyone and everything he knew. But his pride wouldn’t let him be fine without saying a thing or two to piss Jessica off for the last time. “Well, I guess you can have my leftovers.”

 

Jessica saw the shock in Tiffany’s face but before she could say anything, her girlfriend slapped him with all her might across the face. “Leftovers? If I was such a leftover, someone better than you wouldn’t be with me.” She then looked at the girl behind Taecyeon, who seemed to be ready to jump them at any time. “You? You downgraded from me to that. Really? Might as well call a e,” she finished. Some of their friends giggled, not being able to fully compress their laughter from these insults. “Oh wait, you probably met somewhere along the lines.”

 

Jessica snorted a laugh, too, but unlike the others, she couldn’t help but laugh loudly. She was proud at her girlfriend’s remarks, not believing that her girlfriend, the goodie-goodie that she was actually said this. Had it been her, she would actually use the word wh0re. Oh, wait, she thought. “Babe, don’t insult wh0res. They’re getting paid for that. Her? She just goes around stealing boyfriends so maybe a ‘b!tch’ is a better fit.” Before they could say more, she just walked with her girlfriend in tow. There was no need for them to spoil their day because of someone like Taecyeon, and maybe after they stepped on his ego - actually they did more than step on it - she figured they should be the better person and let it go.


 

They were all walking towards the restaurant so they could all have dinner together. They all couldn’t help but discuss what happened, laughing at the situation and making fun of Taecyeon. “My god, Jessica, it seemed like you poisoned Tiffany. I can’t believe she actually said that,” Taeyang said as they walked in the place and Sunny greeted them with a warm smile and a perky greeting. “Sunny, Yuri, you gotta hear this.”  They all sat down except for Sunny, who was pretending to take their orders. “Tiffany’s ex, the cheater, remember him? He was picking a fight with Jessica earlier.”


“Oh, what the hell? Doesn’t he know to not pick fights with the b!tch?” Sunny asked as she pointed her pen at nowhere in particular.

 

“Anyway, he was poking fun at the fact that Tiffany replaced him with a girl and how their life---”

 

“ life?” Yuri asked as she looked at Jessica. “Wait, you’re telling me you got stamped on?!” she said loud enough; the people at the next table looked at them as though perturbed by the topic. “Oh my God!”

 

“Shut up!” Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

“Wait, because of the moment, we didn’t even realize that Jessica actually did it already,” Heechul then looked at Tiffany, raising his hand for a high-five. “Up top, Tiffany! Good job!”

 

“This calls for a visit to the bar,” Taeyang cheered. “On your friends, Jessica. We should celebrate this.” He beamed a smile. “Tonight?”

 

Jessica shook her head. “I can’t,” she said with a soft smile on her face. “I have work tomorrow.”

 

“What?! Didn’t we agreed on having our morning schedule vacant so we can drink?” Taeyang looked at her in disbelief.

 

Rolling her eyes at her friend, she couldn’t believe the path Taeyang seemed to be taking would lead him to Alcoholic Anonymous one day. “Okay, alcoholic. I don’t have classes, but I do have work.”

 

“You’re lame!” Yuri egged on. “Why work? We’re college students, we’re supposed to have fun.”

 

Jessica then looked at Sunny. “She works and she’s a college student. So I don’t see a problem here.”

 

“Hey, I like my job.” Sunny said.

 

Tiffany then said, “So does Jessica. She actually gets along well with her team.”

 

Taeyang then shrugged. “I guess drinking nights wouldn’t be so fun without Jessica since most of you can’t drink like her anyway. But,” he paused as he looked at TOP approaching. “But it’s all good, I guess. We can have fun without her.”

 

“Fridays, I’ll be able to  since I get out of work at five.” She had to agree with Yuri. Her schedule was really lame. She would go to work and school Monday through Thursday, and then she would have to go the whole day on Friday. But then again, it wouldn’t be so bad since it was for Tiffany. Like she said before, she would do anything for the girl.



 

----------------------


 

I actually finished an update pretty quickly, eh? :D