The letter

Rock Your Body

Leo's heart was beating a mile a minute. His hands twitched as they looked for something to hold onto. All of the guys thought Leo's head was going to explode when they heard the ghosts voice on the other end of the line. Leo reached forward and grabbed his mic, pulling it right against his lips.

"Subin? Subin is that you?!" He called out. Subin covered with her free hand and forced her tears to stay put. She couldn't risk crying now and ruin all of the hard work she has done to try and forget him.

"Ye-Yes it's me."  She wiped away her silent tears and looked to Woobin who was pointing at the radio with wide eyes.

"NOONA! YOUE VOICE IS ON THE RADIO!" He screamed and Leo laughed when he heard the innocent little boy. Subin pointed back to his colouring book and gave Woobin  that glare that only mothers could muster up. He apologised quietly and pretended to be colouring again but was really listening to the radio.

"Woobin~ It's Leo hyung, do you remember me?" Leo called and Woobin looked up to Subin with pleading eyes. She rolled her eyes and handed the phone over to Woobin who held the phone with his two small hands.

"Hi hyung! I haven't seen you in a long hyung! When are you coming here?" Woobin bounced up and down on the chair as Subin dealt with the new customers that walked in. Leo rubbed the back of his neck and tried to find a nice way to explain what happened.

"I'll come see you very soon Woobin...I promise...as soon as I finish the work I need to do I will be there." Leo could hear the excitement in Woobin's voice as he quickly rambled on about all the picture he's drawn. "Hey Woobin...can hyung ask you a question?" Leo had been working himself up to this question for a long time, and he knew Woobin would  be the only one to answer it. Subin was busy running around the store making a bouquet for the young couple that came in. "Does your noona talk about me at all?"

"All the time! She says hyungs name while she sleeps sometimes." Subin lunged across the counter and ripped the phone out of Woobins hands. She slammed her hand down on the colouring book and Woobin ran away upstairs laughing. She apologised to the customers and gathered up the courage to talk on the phone again.

"He's just a child....they imagine things." She tried to save her image. The last thing she wanted was to seem like a clingy girl who cries over some boy.

"I think about you all the time too....Subin...As soon as we finish touring I will come find you." Leo closed his eyes and rested his forehead against the mic. VIXX had a tour in the U.S and Japan that would take about two months to finish if everything went smoothly, which it never does. Subin finished with the customers and let out a very depressed sigh. "Two months...just wait two more months and I will come for you." His cool and calm character was destroyed. He was begging her with all of his might to stay. He couldn't stand to lose her over the phone again.

"Come on Subin! Wait for him!" N cheered and the rest of VIXX and the MC's joined in. Hundreds of comments were being posted on the live chat room of the radio show, all asking Subin to give him a second chance.

"I.....I can't Leo...I just...I just can't..." Subin quickly hung up the phone and started sobbing. She quickly ran to the bathroom and was violently ill. She never wanted to have to do that again. It was painful enough the first time but now there were hundreds of people listening. Leo leaned back in his chair, the MC's decided to end the show early which annoyed lots of fans. He wouldn't give up easily again. In two months he would be back and he would win Subin over even if it were the last thing he were to do.  At the end of the day Subin was drained of all her energy as she dragged herself up to the apartment where Woobin was already deep asleep. The apartment changed very little since their grandmother passed. The only differences were that Subin moved into her grandmothers room so Woobin could have a room to himself, it smelled of flowers instead of cigarette smoke and alongside their parents was a picture of their grandmother only a few days before she passed away. Tonight, as she sat on the edge of her bed and brushed through her short hair, Subin caught a glimpse of the letter sitting in plain view. She set the brush down beside it and with a trembling hand Subin opened the letter.

                                          Dear Subin,                                               

I know the last few years have been very hard on you

and that I am souly to blame. For that I am greatly sorry and wish that you

will work with all the hardship instead of letting it drag you down.

I wanted to be an artist when I was a little girl. I was much like Woobin in that sense.

But, when I was fifteen my father forced me into an arranged marriage

with your grandfather who I grew to love over the years.

 I pushed aside my dreams to help him run the store

and raise your mother. When I saw that you wanted to become an idol

I was against it. I thought it was a waste of time much like my father did.

I wanted you to live a secure, stable life like your parents.

But when I heard you sing to me the first time a week ago, I almost cried.

Your voice and spirit are too beautiful for me to keep trapped inside

that store. Live your life how you wish Subin, don't let anyone stop you. Woobin

will be fine without you, he knows what you have to do for your dream.

When you were gone he would ask every day if you were going to be famous.

Every day he has believed in you when I have been blinded by my selfishness.

He will never forget you, even if he has to live with someone else for a few years.

Do what I couldn't Subin.

Follow your dreams, fight for your chance to shine and find your true love

because no matter how hard you try to forget him and move on, your heart will

only call out for him more.

Love, Grandma.


Subin sat sobbing in her bed, the tears smudging the writing her grandmother put so much effort into. This is what her grandmother wanted her to see. This is what she wanted her to feel. She read over the letter again and lightly brushed her fingers over her grandmothers writing as if she were trying to memorize each and every the pen made. She laid it down on the side table again and laid her head down on the pillow, looking at the crisp white paper. Subin felt bad for her grandmother that she had to give up her dream to raise the family and run the shop, but without her doing that Subin wouldn't be where she is now in her life. She vowed that her grandmother wouldn't have to be ashamed of her anymore. She would make something of herself and prove that hard work and dedication can bring a person closer to their dreams.  

---------------------------------

~Please comment~

Kim Sunggyu  -  60 Sec [DEBUT SINGLE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG_4n3CxaJ4