Listen one more time

Rock Your Body

The next day at school Leo came early and expected Subin to be there, but she never showed. Everyone slowly took their seats and Leo tapped his foot impatiently on the floor and looked to the clock hanging above the teachers head. No one but him seemed to notice Subin's absence.  Since the call the day before, Leo had been trying to get back in contact with her but her phone was turned off.

"Okay today class we will be pairing up for the end of the year concert. Everyone had to participate as either a solo, duet, or group act. First to pick will be.....Ahn Yura?" The teacher pointed to the leader of the group of girls who tormented Subin. The girl perked up in her seat and stared directly at the sulking Leo in the back corner.

"Leo oppa!" She called out and all the girls groaned and banged their heads off their desks. Leo looked over to the girl and chuckled.

"I wouldn't want to be partners  with you if you were the last person in school. I want to be partners with Pak Subin." The whole class began to mutter and shot him menacing glares. Leo waited for an answer from the teacher who  nervously flipped notebook pages back and forth.

"Unfortunately, as of this morning, Pak Subin has dropped out of MyDol academy." Everyone gasped while Yura and her minions chuckled and gave each other high fives. Leo jumped out of his seat and his jaw hung wide open.

"What do you mean dropped out?!" He yelled causing everyone to become silent and stare at the boy who thought his world was crumbling apart. Subin was the only person who treated him like a human and not an idol. She made coming to school bearable. Every moment he spent with her has only been happy memories. He stormed to the front of the class and reached for the door to leave and find out where she really was.

"JUNG TAEKWOON IF YOU STEP OUTSIDE OF THIS CLASS I WILL SUSPEND YOU!" The teacher screamed which automatically stopping Leo.  He cursed under his breath and went back to his seat and clutched the edges of his desk turning his knuckles white. For the rest of the day Leo did not move an inch, even when the lunch bell rang he stayed in his seat. The rest of VIXX eventually found him and without asking questions they ate lunch in the class room with him. His gaze looked forward and his mouth stayed shut as if it were sewn that way. They laughed and enjoyed a nice lunch, they had become use to Leo's quiet spells. Lunch ended and the boys quickly exited the room so his classmates could comfortably take their seats again. Before the last bell, there was a knock at the door. Standing there was Jongup who looked in the class room and smiled when he saw Leo. Everyone started whispering and texting as Jongup walked up to Leo who finally looked away from the clock and looked up at Jongup who still held his annoying smile.

"Hey Leo....I was wondering if you knew where Subin was...I have something I want to ask her." Jongup chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. Leo glared at the boy and looked back at the clock, counting down the seconds until the bell rang. As soon as it did Leo shot up from his seat and brought his face only inches away from Jongup.

"Do you want to ask her out?" Leo asked very bluntly and Jongup's face turned bright red. "Don't even think about it." Leo jabbed his chest with his thin finger and his heels. He walked quickly out of the class room with his bag slung over his shoulder. Everyone already had heard about Leo's outburst today and his rough conversation with Jongup who was nothing but nice to him, but Leo didn't care. He had his phone pressed against his ear, listening to the phone ringing over and over again only to get the same message that it was turned off. He jumped into the van and took his usual seat right behind their manager. He sighed and held his phone against his forehead, hoping that if he prayed enough Subin would answer his calls. Surprisingly, at that exact time, his phone started ringing and the call I.D showed it was Subin. "Subin? Where are you? Why did you drop out? What happened?" His questions came out so rushed and panicked that everyone in the car fell silent to listen to the conversation. Subin was quiet on the other end of the line, Leo only knew she was there by the occasional shuffling noise of her moving papers around.

"I'm sorry to have worried you Taekwoon." He didn't like hearing her say his real name. There was something about her tone that told him there was no good news that this was all a mix up. "But I won't be going to MyDol anymore....I have to work to save enough money to take care of Woobin...I'm sorry..."

"What? But what about becoming an Idol..I thought-" Leo was cut off when he heard Subin sniffle as she held back her tears. "Subin...please...don't give up...please..." Leo closed his eyes tightly and rested his head on the back of the driver's seat. Ken reached over from the seat beside him and rubbed his back. All the boys knew who Subin was and liked the effect she had on Leo. Since the two became friends, Leo had become more outgoing in front of the camera and friendlier with the younger members.

"I have to...I'm sorry to ask this but...can you listen to me sing one more time?" Subin sat in the familiar practice room for the last time, running her hands over the cool ivory keys of the piano. Leo just nodded his head, he was afraid that if he opened his mouth  he would only beg for her to change her mind. Although Subin couldn't hear his answer, she knew that he was still on the line and that gave her the answer. She put the phone on speaker and laid it on top of the piano.

Where you are, I will be there too
Where you go, I will go there too

I smile for you every day,
I pray for you
With thoughts of you, I fall asleep -
I open my eyes as I call for you
You protect me by my side
and you embrace me
You are my heaven

Subin played Ailee's 'Heaven' to a slower rhythm. Leo put his phone on speaker also so the other guys could hear how much she had improved from the first time they met. Her voice was so much clearer and profound that their manager turned the radio off so they could hear her better.

 You’re my only one way
Only for you -
I am thankful that I am next to you
You’re the only one babe
You taught me love in this harsh world -
I am happy with you alone

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
If we’re together
we will never cry never never cry

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Forever, together – never gonna be alone

Her voice wavered a bit in the middle as tears fell down her face. Leo was the same as he squeezed his eyes shut and tried to force the tears to stop. N reached back and placed his hand on Leo's knee while Ken and Ravi had their hands on Leo's back.

I breathe in your arms, we kiss in your arms
When I hear your voice, it feels like I’m dreaming
I can tell from your eyes, I can tell about your love
You are my heaven

You’re my only one way
Only for you -
I am thankful that I am next to you
You’re the only one babe
You taught me love in this harsh world -
I am happy with you alone

Heaven
my only person,
yes the person who will protect me
Any sadness, any pain
if only I’m with you
I’m not jealous of anyone else
hold my two trembling hands
Because the reason I live is you

She paused for a second to collect herself to continue on. Her old manager stood at the door way, in tears himself as Subin sang her heart out for Leo. The Subin sitting at the piano was not the confident woman who walked into MyDol academy not too long ago. Her long blond hair had been chopped off and dyed back to its natural black. Her makeup less face was still beautiful but she now gave off the aura of an angel instead of the mysterious beauty the company had wanted her to be. This was the true Subin that she was showing only to Leo.

You’re my only one way
Only for you -
I am thankful that I am next to you
You’re the only one babe
You taught me love in this harsh world -
I am happy with you alone

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
If we’re together
we will never cry never never cry

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Forever, together – never gonna be alone
Oh, so alone

N and Hong bin were crying along with Leo while the other guys had tears building in the corner of their eyes. When the song ended Leo opened his eyes and waited for her to say something, but there was only the sound of her crying.  N whispered to their manager and he nodded, Leo understood what was going on when N winked at him. They were now heading to her old company; it was the only place Subin would have access to a piano since their apartment was too small for one.

"I love you." Subin said before hanging up the phone and pounding her fists down on the keys. The sound that came out of the piano was pure heartache and broken dreams. She was giving up her everything to keep her family together. Woobin might never know the true understanding of how much Subin gave up to be with him, but that didn't bother Subin. What bothered her was all of the wonderful people she met because of her dream. When Leo heard Subin say those three words his heart stopped. All of VIXX covered their mouth with their hands and waited for something more.

"Subin? Subin are you there? SUBIN?!" Leo yelled into the phone but Subin had already hung up. "HOW MUCH LONGER HYUNG?!" Leo said in a panic as tears poured down his face. He tried calling her right back but the phone was off again. Their manager said it would be another ten to fifteen minutes, but they all knew she would be gone by then. Subin was quickly escorted out of the building and all of her friends waved her goodbye as she entered a cab to drive her back to the flower shop that was now under her care. The cab driver didn't dare ask what was wrong and only sped along the streets to drop her off at her destination. VIXX's van pulled up to the entrance to the company and all six of them ran into the building. They ran to the front desk all hoping that they caught her just in time. "Is Pak Subin here?" Leo asked the main secretary who shook her head 'no'. His legs gave out and Ravi had to catch him so he didn't crumble onto the ground. Hong bin thanked the secretary for her time and the five of them covered Leo as they walked back to the van where their manager was waiting. They all wanted to head to the flower shop, but their manager said they had schedules to do and there wouldn't be enough time to go anywhere for a while. Leo felt numb. Subin felt cold. They both felt slightly empty now knowing that they wouldn't be able to see or talk to each other again.

-------------------------

~Please comment~

Woo I'm back :D I mean I'm not 100% but it's good enough ^.^

Ailee - Heaven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ro1KjkJMg

 OMG LEO SMILED!