A Popsicle, A Cop, and the Reveal

I Love My Boss (On Hiatus)

 

Looking at it I couldn't help but want it in my mouth. My mouth waters as it's unwrapped and I take it into my hands the second I can. Sticking my tongue out I the tip before running it down the side and back up. Taking it into my mouth I hollow my checks and on it  pulling it in and out of my mouth faster and faster. Taking it out of my mouth I swirl my tongue around it. 

"How is it, Daniel?" I look up at Mr. Lee and smile at him.

"It's amazing, Mr. Lee. Tastes like strawberries." I look back at it just in time to up a drip that was just about to fall. I take it into my mouth again and . I moan before taking it out of my mouth. 

"Popsicles are the best."  (What were you guys thinking? s.)

"So I made the right choice?" I the strawberry flavored popsicle once more before answering.

"Definitely, Mr. Lee!" 

"Daniel, how many times do I have to tell you call me Youngwon?"

"Sorry...Youngwon." I look up at him and put on some ageyo. He breaks out into a smile and is about to say something when the door open.

"DanNIE!! I come baring gifts!!" He walks over to my end table and sets a bag on it. He begins pulling out different bags of my favorite candy. 

"YAY! Thank you, Hyung!!" Mr. Le-Youngwon takes the finished popsicle out of my hand and I start on a bag of Sour Patch Kids. 

"And I have good news. Want to hear?" I look up at him. "You're getting released today!!"

"Really? Finally!!" I look over at Youngwon and smile. 

"Well, since you guys are being all lovey dovey I'll just start packing up your stuff. I also brought you a change of clothes Daniel so get changed soon, alright?"

"Okay!"

***

"Well, I have to leave." I look at Changmin as he stands up to leave. 

"What, why?"

"I gots me a date to attend." 

"Really? With who?" Looking at me he pauses for a second. 

"Well, you know that cop Yunho?"

"You mean tall, handsom, and delicious?You got a date with that cop?!?! When, while I was panicking about my house or while I was in the hospital?!?" I stare at him completely flabbergasted.

"Umm, after I was notified I went to the hospital. After you feel asleep when I told you I was called to the station. I got there and they wanted to go over some stuff. When I mentioned the break in and how I though it could be related they asked me who showed up for that. I told them and they called Yunho over. Although I don't exactly know why but who cares. We were talking about it and when he understood what happened he got a warrant to search his house. When we entered his house there were pictures every where. You at work, on your way to and from work, at a diner, at home, the ducks, Zico. We also found his camera and looked through it. It had pictures of you....of you sleeping on the night of the break in."

I sat there taking in all the information I was just given.

"After we were done we went back to the station for a while. I knew it wasn't exactly the right time but face it If I hadn't asked him them I never would have. I asked him when we had a down period and he agreed!"

"So while I was stuck in the hospital you were chasing after cop man. Humph." I look up at him and see hes staring at me worried. I stick my tongue out at him to show I'm joking and he breaks into a smile.

"Wait, I just though of something."

"What?" 

"You guys never told me who it was." Changmin turns his gaze from me to look at Youngwon. They stare at each other for a minute before Changmin looks over at me again. 

"I have to go but Youngwon will tell you. Wish me luck!!" And with that he left, practically skipping out the door.

With him gone I look over at Youngwon who sits on the couch next to me. "Well?" 

"Do you want the long version or the short one word answer?" I think about it for  a second.

"Both, but short one first."

"Moon Hee."

"The janitor?!?" He nods. "Okay long version now."

"Well, remember how I offered you a ride? It was almost right after you left that I got what I forgot and left. You had just walked out and I saw Moon Hee staring at you. I didn't really think anything of it so I went and got my car. While I was driving I saw him walking down the sidewalk and a little ways ahead was you. A little more alert I followed you guys until you got to the subway. Couldn't follow you there so I just kept going thinking myself paranoid. It wasn't that much later, at least I think, that i saw you guys again. Since it was getting dark I slowed to ask if you wanted a ride but someone was behind me. I went around the block but when I got back onto the original street you guys were gone.

While I was searching I just happened to spot your briefcase you had dropped outside the alley. I quick pulled over and ran to the alley but I was too late he had already....So I pulled him off you and knocked him out. I went over to you but you were already passed out there was so much blood. I held you in my arms and called the ambulance. When they loaded you up they also arrested Moon Hee and I followed you to the hospital in my car. I called Changmin and he came over and let me go home and change. And you pretty much know the rest. I blame myself. If only I had gotten-"

"Youngwon!" Startled he looks up at me. "I will not have you blaming yourself for what happened. It is in no way your fault. It's his fault. He's the creep that did it so he's the one to blame."

"Okay...Oh, and Daniel, you don't have to worry. They are getting him with , stalking, and breaking and entering. He's going away for a long time."

"Good." Deciding we were to far away from each other I slide over and snuggled up to him. "I'm tired." I say with a yawn. He goes to put his arm around me but stops and buts it on the back of the couch. I pull his arm down so it rest around my shoulder. "Youngwon, I may have gone through something bad but I'm not going to break."

"I know, i just don't want to make you uncomfortable. I don't want to rush things for you." i turn my head up and look at him.

"Putting you arms around me is fine. I feel safe in your arms." I put my head down on his chest with a yawn. He tightens his grip on my a little and kisses the crown of my head. 

"Go to sleep Daniel."

"Good night." With that I'm asleep.

 

I sat with Daniel on my chest for a while but then Zico, who had been asleep on the floor next to the couch, woke up. I pull out my cell phone and dial Changmin. 

"Hello?"

"Hey, Changmin? Daniel feel asleep but the animals are still out and haven't eaten. How much do I-"

"Zico gets a cup of dry and a spoonful of  wet. They're in the cupboard labeled animals. He usually sleeps with Daniel or in the guest room. For the ducks there should be a bag labeled 'Duckies Food'. Put two scoops of food in the bathroom on the floor. That's where they sleep. You shouldn't have to feed Ted. Just check on him and make sure to lock the door when you come in."

"Okay thank you. Having fun on your date?"

"No, it's been terrible and I would reather spend the rest of the night talking to you. How do you think? Now hang up.." Oh, Changmin's sarcasm how I've missed it.

"Talk to you later. Bye." I hang up and lift Daniel, taking him to his room. After following Changmin's instructions I slide in next to Daniel and fall asleep.