Mushy Confessions

I Love My Boss (On Hiatus)

 

I woke up after having spent an hour denying what Changmin told me and then another hour crying my eyes out into his chest becuase the memories suddenly came back.  When I do wake up everything is the same but two things. Changmin is gone and Mr. Lee is asleep at my side, holding me hand. I lean forward and tap his shoulder. He moves a little and I tap him again. He wakes up and removes his hand from mine in order to wipe the sleep out of his eyes.

"Oh, Daniel, you're awake." I stare at him, not understanding the situation. "What is there something on my face?"

"Oh, no, there isn't. Mr. Lee, what are you doing here?"

"Well, Changmin called and said you were really up set but he had to leave. He didn't was to leave you alone so I dropped everything and came over."

"But why? Why do something for me, or any employee for that matter?"

"Because Daniel, I was worried about you. I didn't want to lose my amazing assistant." 

Sadly with a hint of sarcasm I reply back. "Yeah, don't want to have to do all the work on your own."

"NO, Daniel that's not what I meant."

"Than what did you mean by it?"

"I meant that I really like you and don't know what I would have done if that man had...When I saw that man on top of you...in you...I...I've like you for a long time and I though just having you there beside me at the office would be enough but after this I realized that it's not the case. I want to protect you from the world, and wake up with you beside me, and eat breakfast with you, and pamper you like you've never been before." He stared at me waiting to see my reaction. When I didn't give any he continued on. "I want to take you to expensive dinners, and show you off to people, and I wan-" I stop his lips with my finger. 

"Yes."

"Yes, what?'

"I want to be with you as well. I've like you from almost the moment we met. I could never get you out of my head, and wanted to spend the rest of my life with you but knew that it would never happen. So when you come in here and tell my that you like me do you really think I would give up this chance, no matter what I've been through?"

"Um, no?"

"Right no. I want to be with you. That's what you were asking, right?"

"Um, no."

"What? Are you serious? So I jus-" I stop when he bursts out laughing.

"Daniel, I was kidding. I want nothing more than to be with you."

"Oh, what's this I hear? That wouldn't be a confession now would it?" Changmin walks in apparently having heard at least some of our conversation. 

"Yes, it was, thank you very much. I'm now dating Mr. Lee. Got a problem with it?" 

"No, you silly goosey! Why would I have a problem with it? You've only been crushing on him  since the don of time. Well, since I only came to bring you some food while on my break I shall leave you two alone to swim in the bliss of your new relationship." With that he left. 

We ate the food he left until we were stuffed. When we are done we can both tell I'm exhausted. "Hey, Daniel?"

"Yeah?" 

"I know it's kind of early, one because we just started dating, and two because of what happened, but would you mind...If I....laid down with you?" 

"What did you say, I didn't catch it." Even though I actually did hear it, I want him to say it louder. 

"Never mind." I stare at him and laugh to myself.

"Hey, Mr.Lee?"

"Yeah?" He looks up at me and I pull back the covers to show I want him to climb in. "Are you sure?" I nod my head. He slips off his shoes and slide in but since it's a single I turn on my side. He doesn't move and I'm about to tell him it's okay when I feel his body shift and his hand cautiously slide around my waist. (*Remember he just got they can't go to fast.) "Is this okay?"

I nod my head. "Yes, that's fine." For a while we just lay there, our breathing the only thing heard until, he spoke again. 

"Daniel, I know you're tired. Go to sleep." 

"No I'm not." Even though my lids were hanging low over my eyes and sliding down farther every second.

"Yes you are, now go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake." 

"Uhmm..." Just as my eyes shut I feel the slightest touch of his mouth on my hair as he give me the gentlest of kisses ever. 

"Good night, Love." Is the last thing this I hear before I drift off into dreamland.