Lunch with a Side of Stalker

I Love My Boss (On Hiatus)

 

"So hows it going with Mr. Lee?" Yoseob asked me as he shoved another five fries into his mouth at one time.

"What do you mean?" I ask taking a drink of my soda.

"Man, you've been pining over this guy for five years and you still haven't said anything?"

"How can I? He's my boss. It would just make it awkward." I look down at my plate and start playing with my food.

"Why would it make it awkward?"

"Duh, cause he would reject me. Do you really think someone like Mr. Lee would like his secretary? His MALE secretary."

"You never know until you try. It happens all the times in the movie. Well except for the you being male part."

"You see?"

"Whatever, you're still just a scardy cat."

"Oh, stop worrying about me and just continue stuffing your face."  Yoseob sticks his tongue out at this before another handful of fries is shoveled into his mouth.

***

Ugh. Finally it's five and I get to go home. I grab all the things I'll need for tomorrow, shut down my computer, and lock my desk drawers and the storage room.  I then pop my head into Mr. Lee's office. Its a big office with the main desk, a projector for small meetings, a pool table (?), and a desk with security cams on it. It's not that Mr. Lee doesn't trust his security team (although I don't all the time) it's just he wants to keep an eye on things. "I'm heading home Mr. Lee, will you be needing anything else?"

"Oh no Daniel but thank you. Make sure you're careful. See you tomorrow."

"Thank you sir. You too. Bye." I bow to him before backing out of the door and walking to the elevator.

On the bottom floor I wave bye to Margo and head for the subway. As I stood there waiting for my train to come I felt a tingling on the back of my neck. My boy tensed up and I looked around seeing nothing. Nobody staring, nobody right behind me. In fact the station was pretty empty. Don't get me wrong, you'd still bump into people if you weren't careful but for 5:00 on a work day it was slow. Seeing nothing, I turn back just as my train arrives and I hop on. I take a seat and wait for the train to go, that tingling sensation still on the back of my neck. Trying to ignore it I put my headphones on and crank up the music, not paying attention to a thing until I get to my stop. I ride the bus back to my neighbor hood the sensation never leaving until I get to the safety of my home.

I open the door and get tackled my a gigantic mop. Okay fine it's just Zico. I push him down so I can check on the ducks and Ted. Seeing their okay I let them out to wonder and give them their dinner. I change into some sweats and cook some ramen before snuggling into my couch and get my book started. I'm having a good night and have gotten three chapters done in two and a half hours. Ahead of schedule for once, Hell yeah!! Seeing that it was nine I decided it was time for bed. I put the ducks back into the bathroom, and checked on Ted before racing Zico to my bedroom and jumping onto my (Zico: OUR!) bed. Once again I fall asleep to the familiar smell of dog breath. 

**

I was having an amazing dream where Mr. Lee and I were married, with three children and a big house when Zico's growling slowly dragged my out of sleep. "Zico, wha-" In the corner of my room was a black out of place blob. I quick the light which gave the figure the courage to dart past the snarling Zico and exit my room and my house Zico following the whole way. I sat frozen in my bed until Zico's barking brought me back. I quick got up and walked to the back door and whistled outside which brought Zico back. After checking the animals I picked up the phone and dialed 119. I then sat on the couch Zico's head waiting for the cops. Only one thought went through my head as I waited. ", Changmin was right."