Chocolate Ice Cream

I Love My Boss (On Hiatus)

 

I ate my chocolate ice cream as I tried putting the words in my head onto the word document. Well, now you could call it cold chocolate soup because it's melted. I've been staring at this blank page for the past hour trying to get the beginning but it just wouldn't come. I'm a new author with only one other book out and it's been doing fine. However, if I don't get this started I'll get behind and off schedule and I can't live without my schedule. My manager, editor, and friend, Changmin, tells me that if it wasn't for my schedule I'd end up in Alaska with only a Speedo on. What those things have to do with each other is anyones guess. 

I took a spoonful of soupy goodness and slurp it up when my current favorite song comes on my playlist. 'Warrior' by new rookie group B.A.P comes blasting out of my speakers and I start singing along. Before I know it I'm standing in the middle of my living room dancing along to the music like there's no dead line at the end of the week. When the song is over I sit back down on my couch and try once again to write something down. Another ten minutes of this and I know nothing is going to happen tonight.

I close my laptop and set it on the counter. I then go and pick up Pepe, my second duck, and take him to the bathroom where he and his brothers, Chuck and Gary, sleep. They have to sleep in the bathroom so that Zico, my Komondor, can't eat them for a midnight snack.  I then go out back and check on Ted, the mole I took in when I found him with an injured foot. After checking on him I went back inside and locked up before going and flopping down on my bed. I had to quick get under the covers before Zico came in and hogged all the blankets. Which he ended up doing anyway as always. I turn off the light next to the bed and fell sleep to the smell of dog breath. 

***

I awoke at six to the sound of my alarm clock and the smell of dog fart. Lovely. I turned off my alarm clock and stretch accidentally kicking Zico in the process. Having started my morning ritual I then go to the bathroom. I'm betting you can all guess what I did in there. After, I went to my closet to change into my outfit for the day. A white button down with a black tie and a gray sweater over it and light tan dress pants. I then go and check on the animals to find Gary swimming in the water I had filled the tub with after my shower, Chuck and Pepe having a squawking battle and Ted still sleeping. I put the ducks back in the bathroom with their food, put Zico's food on the floor for him and give Ted his. I leave the back door open for Zico in case he needs to go out during the day. Changmin says that someday I'm going to get robbed by doing that but I come back with the fact that the gate is padlocked from the inside and that my fence is seven feet high and almost impossible to climb and there are no trees for someone to climb. 

Oh yeah, I didn't mention that I work at Lee&Jang Incorporated. I have no idea what they do even though I've been working there for five years. Lucky for me I don't really have to know what they do since I'm a secretary and only have to answer phones, point people in the right direction every once in a while and keep track of Mr. Lee's schedule. How I'm able to keep Mr. Lee on track but can't keep myself on schedule is beyond me.  And yes I know what you're all thinking, "A male secretary, that's weird." Well Mr. Lee specifically asked for a man and I needed a job. 

I look down at my watch and see I'm running behind. After checking to make sure I have everything I set off for the bus. After the bus I then take the subway into the center of the city where the main office buildingng is. After getting off the subway I speed walk, accidentally bumping into some people, till I get to the building doors and when I actually enter I run past Margo, the main receptionist, to the elevators. I press the button repeatedly until the lift comes and almost trip rushing to get in. I ride all the way to the top where Mr. Lee's office is. Getting off I quickly put my stuff at my desk, grab all the things Mr. Lee will need that day and go into his office. I put all the papers he'll need on his desk and turn on his computer. I'm just sitting down at my own desk when the elevator doors open and out steps Mr. Lee.  I bow to him as he walks toward me and and he bows his head in response. "Good morning, Daniel" he says.

"Good morning, Mr. Lee" I reply.

"How have you animals been doing lately, Daniel?"

"Oh just wonderful Mr. Lee. Ted is just about healed and I can set him free in a couple days."

"Well, that's great to hear. Is there anything important today?"

"You have a meeting with marketing at 10:30 and a conference call was scheduled at 1:00 with Mr. Jang. That is it for meetings. All the paper you have to look over and or sign are on your desk. Would you like any coffee today, sir?"

"Not right now, Daniel but thank you."

"You're welcome Mr. Lee" I reply bowing again as he left and went into his office. I sit down in my down at my desk and duck down pretending to turn on my computer when in actuality I'm holding my burning checks. Even just these little talks can set my face a blaze. I'll admit it. I'm in love with my boss and have been for five years. He has no idea and I plan on keeping it that way.