Just Some Brotherly Love

I Love My Boss (On Hiatus)

 

"God Daniel, I warned you that this would happen! Why do you never listen to me?!" 

"I do listen to you, Changmin. Just not all the time. And any ways you said not to leave it open during the day. This was at nig-"

"SINCE WHEN DOES THAT MATTER?!? I told you that someone would get in that way and that's exactly what happened!" By this point we had already gone through the same thing several times. I had called Changmin shortly after the police called. They said it tended to help if someone else was there. I didn't exactly tell him what happened over the phone so when he arrived and saw two cop cars sitting outside my house he came running in frantic until I got him calm enough to tell him the story. Ever since then he's just been mad and yelling at me.

"Well I'm sorry that I was tired and forgot to close the freaking door!"  I turned my face and buried it in Zico's fur. Changmin, seeing that he had upset me sat down on my other side and tried to coax me out. I didn't come out until a police officer, Yunho I think his name was, came over.

"So from what we could find he did in fact get in through the back door. The gate is still padlocked so he must have found a way to climb the fence. Nothing was disturbed from what we could tell but you should still make sure nothing was stolen. If you find anything was give me a call and then call your insurance agent." He hands me a card with his name and number. "We'll have a squad car circle around the neighborhood mostly around your house for a week. That should be about it" He bows his head and then walks out with the other officers. Changmin closes the door behind them and locks it.  

"Why'd you lock it?" I asked him.

"I'm staying the night." I began to ask him why but he was already answering. "I'm not going to leave you to stay up worried that this creep is going to come back. You are going to put the animals to bed and then we are going to go to sleep." Seeing that I was going to protest he took Zico's collar and dragged the protesting pooch into the guest bedroom where he sleeps when hes been bad or I don't want him sleeping with me. He then corralled Chuck, Gary, and Pepe into the bathroom closing the door. After checking on Ted he came back in and closed the backdoor making sure to lock it and then checked a second time before coming over to me. "Now we can either do this the easy way or the hard way. What'll it be?" I stuck my tongue out at him and before I knew it I was slung over his should like a sack of potatoes. 

He carried me into the bedroom and placed me on the bed. After changing into one of my shirts and a pair of my sweats he climbed in. I laid on my side staring at him. He was laying on his back staring at the ceiling. "Hyung." He turned to look at me.

"What?" I gave him a pointed look and he smiled opening his arms. I snuggled into his arms and got comfortable as he wrapped his arms around me. 

"Hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being here."