Stay Cool

Thank You, LSY

"W-w-why are you so c-cute?"

. What exactly had I just done.

"What's that, Myungsoo-ah?" Sungyeol smiled and cupped his ear with his long fingers. I noticed that he had a string of peircings along his ear with a different earring in each hole. "You think I'm.. cute?" He was teasing me. "I didn't know you swung that way, but hey! I'm not one to judge right? Jeeze I thought you were rude but I guess you really are a gentleman, aye? I like that about you...." I tuned out again, still in a trance. His peircings weren't cute. They weren't handsome. They were... cool. They were really freaking cool. He was tall. He was handsome. He was cute. He was cool. But above all else, he was annoying and child like. But there was something about his earnesty that made his immature habbits tolerable, maybe even favorable. So, once again, I found myself coming to the conclusion that his elementary school ways made him even more cute

Damn him.

"Man you're a quiet guy, aren't you?" He was still talking. "A quiet, rude gentleman that gets all the ladies but thinks guys are cute... I like i-"

"YAH! If you talk any more we wont make it to class in time." I took the warm hand that still clutched my shoulder and ripped it off. Something in me was angry, and I'm not sure why. "Now if you can shut up then maybe I can even show you your locker before we go to class."

Sungyeol looked confused. "But we don't have to go to class... you're supposed be guiding me around.. Were'nt you paying attension durring the assembly?" What the... this little boy was actually paying attention the entire time? But he looked so dazed, so interested in anything but the speaker!

"Oh," I said nonchalauntly. "I must have missed that part..." I rubbed the back of my neck and looked down. I was coming out of my trance and embarrassment began to settle in. "Well, since I have the whole day to show you around, want to check out the city as well? It's actually a really cool place once you get used to it." I had to show him I was cool too. I am L, after all. The most popular boy in school. I have to be cool somehow....

His lips parted and the corners of his mouth nearly reached his ears. His white rabbit teeth were completely exposed. His smile was blinding., warming, beautiful. I looked away in fear of being hypnotized again. "Wow!! What a great idea, Tripple Threat!" He flung his arm around me for the second time. "Let's go!" He said  us forward as if he was guiding me. We arrived at the parking lot and I got my keys out of my backpack. 

"Can I drive?" He asked excitedly. I chuckled and unlocked the car door.

"You don't know where you're going, mister." The excitement in his eyes drifted away as he thought about it. The wheels were turning again.

"You can tell me where to go. I'll do it, I swear!" The excitement was back. I laughed again and got in the drivers seat. This car was a gift from my mother, there was no way I was about to let this little kid crash it.

"Get in."

He reluctantly slid his way into the passenger seat. Once I the car he began fiddling with the window, rolling it down, then up, then down, then up. I locked the window once it was midway and he seemed content. Then he made his way over to the radio, singing along to a couple lines of every song and then suddenly changing the station. I reached over and turned it off. But this didn't phase him. Now he began to fuss around in his seat, putting his feet up, crossing his legs. This kid really can't sit still, can he? I thought. I needed to bring him somewhere he can run around. Somewhere he can let out some of his energy. I knew exactly where to go.

I parked my truck in a garage about a mile and a half from our destination. 

"Okay, we'll have to walk the rest of the way. But it's worth it, I promise." I said to Sungyeol, who had relxed a bit through out the car ride.

"Ughhh it better be." He said with a sigh. We got out and started walking.

"By the way, how old are you?" I wanted to know whether or not he was actually a kid to me. 

"August 27, 1991. How about you?" He said with a smile. He was older than me and he knew it. 

"March 13, 1992" I mumbled. There was no way he could be my elder. there was no way I could let that happen. "But Yeollie," I said with a smirk. "I'm your guide. That means I'm your senior." I looked up at his face smugly, hoping that I had pushed his buttons.

"Okay, okay. Fair enough," He said, poking my nose with his finger. "Myungie." He stuck his tongue out at me and skipped away. 

"Yah!" I screamed as I ran after him.

We walked in silence for a bit. I watched Sungyeol's eyes widen as he stared at the tall buildings. Every once and a while a his mouth would open as if to say "wow", but no sound would come out. I realized that it had become one of my hobbies to watch him observe and think. Even though I had just met him I felt as if I had known him my whole life. He gave me a warmth that I had only felt around one person: my mother. After a while I began to get curious. Suddenly I wanted to know everything about him. I needed to.

"Yeollie," I said trying to catch his attention.

"Mmm?" his questioning eyes turned to me.

"How did you end up coming to my school? Why not transfer to somewhere closer to home?"

"Well the other boys came by choice. They saw an opportunity and they took it." He paused and looked down. "But I..." his voice trailed off, debating on whether or not he should say more.

"You what?" I prodded.

"I was sent here. I was sent by my parents." his eyes met mine for a split second before they became stuck to the ground. But these weren't the same eyes I had seen earlier today. These kinds of eyes were much more familiar to me. Eyes full of fear and uncertainty.

"Why?" I asked. He looked like he was holding his breath. I put my hand on his back. "It's okay," I said. "You can trust me."

"Well I've never been the best son, getting into trouble, letting my grades slip. But this summer I did... Something bad. Something that hurt a lot of people. The thing is it wasn't meant to hurt anyone! It wasn't even meant to cause any commotion but everything just... went wrong. I don't even know what happened....." he couldn't look anywhere but the ground. "But anyways my parents had enough of me. They say they sent me here to clean up my act, but I know that they really just wanted to get rid of me. And I deserve it." He nodded his head a slightly and bit his lip as if making his final decision. "I really do..."

These word were all to familiar to me. I grabbed his wrist and we stopped walking. He stared at the collision of hands for a while, somewhat surprised by my touch. I took my other hand and held his chin, positioning his head so that he was looking directly into my eyes. "Don't ever say that. Ever. I've been there, and that's not any where near the truth. Trust me." His eyes never left mine. For the first time I had his full, undivided attention. Here he was not an elementary school student, not a child, not a fool, but an insecure boy. For the first time since I had met him he was one hundred percent Lee Sungyeol.

"Now come on!" I said with a slight grin, linking my arm with his. "The place we're going will make you forget about the outside world completely." He looked at me with a furrowed brow. His baffled face was so genuine and, of course, cute. "Aishhh" I mumbled as I used my finger to force his eyebrows back to their natural state. "Don't make that face at me." He needed to stop being so cute, or else I'll embarrass myself again.

We arrived at our destination about 30 minutes later. During that time I had learned a lot about Sungyeol; he lived just outside the city in some small town I had never head of. Also he had one brother who was 2 years younger than him who he was extremely close with before he came here. He loved coffee and he could do impressions of owls and dolphins. Over all he's a pretty weird kid, but he was a breath of fresh air from the same old world I'd been living. 

The place we were going was in one of the tallest buildings in the city. Still linked together, we pushed through the main entrance and headed to the elevators. Once we got in I pressed the up button.

"Where exactly are we going?" He asked me.

"Strait to the top."


[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Can I just say that I'm having way to much fun writing this to keep you waiting? lolol Hope this wasn't too boring for you!! I'm still not really sure about my writing, so if you want comment/message me some suggestions I would be FOREVER grateful. OR if you think I'm doing fine let me know that too:3 tehehe. Anywhooo, I have a lot planned for the next chapter! I'd give you a hint but really you should just keep your eyes pealed for my next up[DATE]. <3