The Past

Thank You, LSY

 

Aishh! This jerk! Who does he think he is, throwing all these notes at me in class and then expecting me to tell him all about my life?! Sunggyu thought as he paced around his dark bedroom, cigarette in hand. Every day he throws these papers at me, expecting an instant friendship. Doesn't he know it doesn't work that way? He took a drag. And even after I finally invite him over, he doesn't have the guts to show. He's scared of me. Just like the rest of them. The more he thought about his classmate, the angrier he got. He took the cigarette and pressed it to his arm, creating yet another circular crater in his skin. After stifling a yell, he began to rummage through the pile of letters, searching for one with Dongwoo's phone number on it. 

"You're Sunggyu, right? I'm Dongwoo. Jang Dongwoo." Nope, not it.

"Wake up, silly! I'm bored too, but I'm not asleep! No sleeping in class! Only 10 minutes of class left. We can make it! FIGHTING!" Nope.

"You always save my notes, but you never read them... okay, I'll stop then. MUAHAHAH WHO AM I KIDDING! I'LL NEVER STOP!" Still no number.

"I like to think of you as a good friend of mine. I hope you'll do the same~~ 775-895-4012, call me when you're ready." Bingo.

He ran into the kitchen and grabbed at the phone attached to the wall. When he entered the number it rang once before someone answered. As the person on the other end began to say "Hello," the doorbell rang. Sunggyu threw the phone back at the wall and rushed to open the door. There he was, just standing there smiling up at him. Jang Dongwoo. He tried to wave at Sunggyu, but Sunggyu just finished the cigarette and blew the smoke in his face. After throwing it on the ground outside the door, he motioned for Dongwoo to follow him inside the house. When they got to the dark bedroom, all the notes were splayed out on the bed.

"What is this?" Sunggyu said through his teeth, lighting another cigarette.

"What do you mean?" Dongwoo said innocently, shuffling through the notes one by one and giggling at his own words.

"Why were you writing these for me?" Sunggyu sat down on the bed.

"To cheer you up!"

"And why would I need cheering up?"

"Because you're lonely." He joined his 'friend' on the bed.

"And who ever said I was lonely?"

"No one, I just know you are."

"How do you know that?" 

"Because I am too." Sunggyu froze at Dongwoo's words, shocked by his honesty. He took a long drag before answering. How was he supposed to respond to this?

"I'm not lonely," the lie escaped his lips, almost as if it were a reflex. "I'm waiting for someone."

"How long have you been waiting?" Sunggyu refused to respond and continued to smoke his cigarette. "I'll wait with you, if you like." Sunggyu threw the nub of his cigarette at the carpet of his room and stomped on it angrily as he stood. 

"Can you leave now?!" He said defensively. Dongwoo stood up as well.

"Why'd you invite me here?" He asked.

"Leave!" Sunggyu shouted in response. Dongwoo shook his head and took a step forward, eliminating the space between him and Sunggyu. He stared at the elder boy's face for a moment. His jaw was too sharp for a fourteen year old, his muscles too defined. He was older, but how much older? All the raw emotion in his small, slanted eyes acted as a magnet, pulling the innocent Dongwoo in for more.

"Is that really what you want?" He answered calmly. Sunggyu scratched his head and looked at the floor. Was it? He couldn't tell. He was so used to making decisions based on anger that he hadn't even given it a second thought. When he turned his head back to face Dongwoo, it was as if he was standing closer than before. The tips of their noses brushed against each other as their eyes wandered around each other's faces. From their eyes, to their cheeks, to their eyelashes, to their lips, then back to their eyes. Their breath became shallow. Sunggyu swallowed hard as Dongwoo stood on his toes and touched his lips to the other boy's. Sunggyu slowly wrapped his hands around his friend’s waist and pushed it down onto the bed.

"I guess not..." Sunggyu said between kisses. He peeled up both his and Dongwoo's t-shirts and lay on top of him, just enjoying the skin to skin contact for a while. Dongwoo giggled a little and held Sunggyu's face with both hands, making the elder boy smile for the first time in a long time. They giggled into another long kiss and Dongwoo wrapped his leg around Sunggyu's skinny body.

"We're friends from now on, got it?" Dongwoo wagged his fingers at the boy, as if disciplining a naughty child. Sunggyu just smiled and buried his face into Dongwoo's chest, excited by his company.


THAT WAS SUNGGYU'S FLASHBACK INCASE YOU NEVER REALIZED THAT. NEW CHAPTER HOPEFULLY WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. BYE.