Wine

Thank You, LSY

He laughed and kissed my lips again. When we parted, I stared at his face. There were a few beads of sweat above his brow. I wiped them away with my thumb and swept his bangs away from his smiling face. 

"You're so cute." I said to him. He looked away shyly. "No, really! That's one of the first things I ever noticed about you." My eyes met his. He his lips.

"I know," he giggled, "you asked me why, remember?" I blushed, flashing back to the outburst that had started it all. 

"I loved that day." I said, snuggling into his bare chest. His radiant skin felt amazing against mine. Even in a dark car, his skin still shone a milky white. He nodded in agreement and rubbed my back tenderly. We sat in silence for a bit until I heard a sniff from above my head. He was sad again.

"Myung?" He said tentatively. I lifted my body from his and faced him. He dodged eye contact and smiled slyly. "Can we drink tonight? I feel like getting drunk." I gave him a concerned look. "What?" he said defensively, "I just feel like loosening up, yah know? And it'll help me sleep." I sighed and buttoned my pants after pulling them up to my waste.

"Come on." I groaned, grabbing my shirt and heading towards the front door of the house. I heard him snickering behind me. "Don't get used to this!" I warned. After Sungyeol was fully dressed, we entered the house. There was laughter coming from the living room. 

"Who's that?" Sungyeol whispered. I smacked my forehead with the palm of my hand.

"I totally forgot Sunggyu and Woohyun were here!" I whispered back.

"You're back!" I jumped. Suddenly Woohyun was right in front of me. I scrambled to cover my bare chest, forgetting I was holding my shirt the entire time. He looked from the sweaty Sungyeol back to a shirtless Myungsoo and furrowed his brow. "Where'd you go?"

"Just.... t-to get Sungyeol." I finally found my shirt and put it on as I pushed past my hyung. He knows, I thought as I reached the kitchen. I heard Sungyeol's feet shuffle up behind me. "Go pick out a whine from the cabinet above the fridge." I said without looking at him. "I can't really reach it anyways...." I mumbled. He giggled. As I lifted my arms to reach for two glasses on a high shelf, he wrapped his arms securely around my waste, kissing my neck here and there. I put the glasses on the counter.

"Ask them to drink with us." He whispered in my ear. So that's why he was trying to seduce me.

"Do it yourself." I said as I turned around and attempted to push him off. He pushed me back and pinned me against the counter. My eyes widened, shocked by his strength for the millionth time. He looked at me with big, puppy-like eyes. His white rabbit teeth bit down on his bottom lip slightly. Damn him, I thought. I sighed and tapped my lips with my finger, asking for a kiss in return. He smiled and touched his lips to mine. When we parted, I pushed passed him and went to the living room. I had barely entered the room when 'Woogyu' began to wiggle their eyebrows at me. I sighed joined them on the couch, hugging my knees to my chest self-consciously. "What?" I asked innocently.

"So..." Woohyun said slyly, "you and Sungyeol, eh?" He nudged me with his shoulder. I scoffed.

"Just this morning you were so disgusted when I asked you-" I paused and looked at Sunggyu, wondering if he knew I'd asked Woohyun for y time advice. "When I asked you for advice, and now your encouraging me? I don't get it!"

"WHAT?!" He screamed. His face turned pale. "You... you didn't..." He shook his head in denial. "Our dongsaeng.... ohmygod." Sunggyu laughed at his dramatic reaction.

"Ayee, let'm be, babe!" Sunggyu said to Woohyun. He turned to me and patted my knee. "Congrats, kid." I smiled back at him. He had an amazing way of showing his sincerity in the simplest of gestures. It never failed to warm my heart. I admired how loving and understanding he was. I was really thankful for him, but all I could do right then was smile back at him. Woohyun, on the other hand, grew angry at his words.

"Let them be? Are you crazy?" Woohyun hit Sunggyu's chest weakly. "They're too young for that!" Sunggyu kept laughing.

"You hypocrite! You're just a year older than him!" He said, imitating Woohyun's weak punches and whiney tone.

"You're two years older. You should be appalled, disgusted even!" Woohyun hit Sunggyu's chest again.

"And I'm saying its fine." Sunggyu continued to punch him back. I just sat there, watching the scene unfold. They're playful aegyo fighting was refreshingly cute. Not greasy like they usually were, but silly and adorable. Where Sungyeol and I ever like that? Probably not. Suddenly a pulse of envy coursed through my body and burst out of my mouth.

"YAH!" I shouted unnecessarily. Both boys froze and stared over at me. I cleared my throat awkwardly. I didn't mean to get that angry... "Uhm... Sungyeol and I were gonna drink some whine, did you guys want to join us, or-"

"DRINKING?!?" Woohyun exploded back. "How many illegal things are you going to do in one night?!" He lectured.

"s aren't illegal, Woohyun..." I mumbled under my breath, hoping he wouldn't hear me. Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky. He stomped his foot and got up from the couch. 

"Yah! I will have no part in spoiling your innocence.... or what's left of it." He huffed and puffed for a few steps, then looked back at Sunggyu. "Are you coming or what?" he snapped. Instead of getting angry, Sunggyu laughed again.

"I'll be right there, babe." He replied. And with that, Woohyun stomped furiously up to the guest room. After hearing the door slam, Sunggyu scooted over and nudged my shoulder with his. "Don't listen to him. He just doesn't like seeing you grow up is all." I nodded in agreement.

"He's always been that way. My mom was away so much he started to act like one. But of course he had decided to fill in only the most annoying parts of the job description." I rolled my eyes and Sunggyu chuckled.

"But really," he consoled, "don't worry about him. You're sixteen; you should start experimenting with these things. I was sixteen when Dongw- uh, I mean, one of my friends and I started to.... experiment with things. It's a lonely world, and when you find someone that fills the negative space it's just... nice. So nice that you'll do anything to hang on to that person." He looked down and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. "Anything..." he repeated. Hold on a second. Was he talking about Dongwoo?!?!? What about his 'babe' Woohyun? Suddenly I had the feeling there was so much I didn't know about Kim Sunggyu. About his life, his family, his so called 'experimentation'. I snapped back into reality as he flashed me a clever smile. "And just wait until you're not the one 'giving' in the relationship."

"Giving?" I asked. He scoffed.

"And he says you've lost your innocence," he chuckled to himself. "You know, the one pleasing...?" He lifted his eyebrows at me. Ohhhhh, a light bulb went off in my head. That kind of giving. I nodded at him, confirming that I finally understood. He continued with his point. "The feeling is like..." He shivered and closed his eyes for a moment. "It's really something else, Myung. You just wait." 

"Hyung," I said sternly, "how do you know I'm the one giving and not receiving?" I asked some-what sarcastically. 

"Aigoo, it's so cute! Our Myungie really is innocent. I know you, Myung." He folded his arms and looked at me smugly. "You're a people pleaser, but you're still dominant. There's no way you would have let him please you first. Let’s just say you're.... the aggressive in all the right ways." I scoffed and looked away, trying to deny the fact that he was dead on. I guess he really did know me. "And plus," he added, "If you did get one, you wouldn't be so uptight right now."

"Yah!" I shouted. He just laughed. I smiled, giving into his playful attitude. His eyes met mine ant he ruffled my hair with his warm hand.

"Thank you, hyung." I said softy. His hand lingered on my head a while. He began to slightly pet my silky, black hair.

"It's alright, Myungsoo. I'll tell you more another time. I promise." And with that he patted my knee and walked away. Tell me more about what? About ? About Woohyun? Suddenly it hit me. He was talking about his 'experiments' with Dongwoo. He knew I'd be curious after his slip of the tongue. He seemed to know everything. Why was that? I shook my head as I entered the kitchen, flinging each of the questions from my brain. Sungyeol stood there with a now open bottle of wine and the two glasses.

"Can we drink in your room? The dining room chairs hurt my ." He said matter-of-factly.

"That’s because it's so bony." I teased, giving it a pat. He stuck his tongue out at me and I stuck mine back at him. "Alright, come on." I giggled, taking the glasses and bottle from him and heading upstairs. When we arrived at the room, I poured the glasses and handed one to Sungyeol. We sat cross-legged on the bed, sipping wine in silence until he started to speak.

"The last time I drank wine," he started, "was with Daeyeol." He took a large swig and sighed. "It tasted sweet, just like this one." He looked down at the red liquid and sniffed. There wasn't much left in his glass, even though we'd just started drinking. "I went up to his room to ask him something, I don't even remember what it was. He was just sitting there drinking wine from the bottle. He was already buzzed, I could tell just by looking at him. Instead of yelling at him I went down and got two glasses. I mean, who drinks wine straight from the bottle? We're much classier than that." He chuckled a bit. "And maybe," His eyes met mine for a moment, "maybe if I drank with him, he'd at least talk to me again. Like we used to." His eyes went back to the whine. I put my hand on his knee and rubbed it a bit. "It worked, we had fun. A lot of it." An unexpected tear escaped his eye and landed in the glass, creating a ripple in the shallow sea of red, then another, then another. It wouldn't be long till his glass held more tears than whine. I took the glass from his hands and set it on the bedside table, along with mine. Suddenly he was screaming. “That was the night, Myung! That was the day of the fire! I shouldn't have drunk that night. Then maybe I could have carried him out. Then maybe I wouldn't have acted so stupid. I was being so selfish! He's gone because I wanted him to talk to me. Because I didn't take the whine away. Because I thought it would help, but it... it.....I....." He completely broke down on the bed. I wrapped my arms around him as tight as I possibly could.

"Shhh, shh. It's alright Yeollie. It's not your fault. It's just not." I repeated the words over and over until they became a subtle background noise that distracted him from sobbing so forcefully. For some reason I just kept kissing his forehead. Maybe I was trying to heal the wounds in his mind. Maybe I was trying to pause his thoughts. Maybe there was no reason at all. What I do know is that after a while he stopped crying. He stopped crying and just breathed. I felt his stomach rise and fall against mine as he looked at my face. Suddenly his tear stained face was smiling. I furrowed my brow. 

"You're scaring me..." I said, wiping the tears from his face with my thumb. "Just a second ago you were crying your eyes out." He giggled a bit. My brow scrunched further. "Why the rabbit teeth smile all of a sudden?"

"Because," he said calmly, "because I love you. So very much." He held my face in his hands and kissed it, rubbing my jawline as our mouths came together. After we parted, we just sat there, smiling at each other.

"I love you too." I said softly. "Too much for my own good." He smiled and stretched his arms up, yawning like a sleepy kitten waking from his afternoon nap. I peeled back the covers on the bed and patted the spot next to me, inviting him to lie down beside me. "Let’s take a nap." I suggested. He nodded and climbed into bed next to me. We both our sides so that we could face each other. This scene was eerily familiar to me....

"Sungyeol,"

"Hmm?"

"Do you know when the last time we lied like this was?" He furrowed his brow and shook his head, confused at what I was asking. We had never really been in this exact position before. "In a dream I had." I said, reaching out and resting my hand on his hip. He smiled.

"Really?"

"Yep. I had a dream that Sungjong was trying to wake me up, and when I turned around, there you were. Just like this." I giggled, remembering what else he'd done in that dream. "Then I pulled the covers over me like this," I pulled the soft, white comforter over our heads. "And suddenly you appeared like this." Still under the covers, I put my knees on either side of his waste, pinning him to the bed. He started to turn red as I leaned in, almost kissing him but then stopping about a centimeter before our lips had the chance to touch. "And then I woke up." I whispered against his lips. He couldn't take my teasing any longer and pulled my neck, forcing my lips onto his. I instinctively my hips, grinding my crotch up against his. He giggled and pushed my pants down, leaving me in my boxers and t-shirt. I reached inside his shirt and rubbed his abs for a bit before finally removing his shirt. 

"Ahem!"

I whipped my head up and looked at the doorway, preparing myself to scold Woohyun for interrupting. I gasped and shirtless Sungyeol sat up in the bed.

"What is i-" And then he saw what I saw: my mother standing in the door way.

 


[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long! I'm a singer and as many musicians know, Christmas is Concers Season. Luckily I only have a few left until break. Are you guys looking forward to the holidays? Let me know what you thought of this chapter in the comments and stay cute~~ Love you!

My prayers go out to all those who lost their lives in the shooting on Friday. My heart goes out to them and their families. No one deserves to go that way. I'm so sorry. Because I live in Connecticut, there are cops everywhere lately. You always hear about these things happening, but you never really feel it until it happens in your state. It really hits hard when it happens so close to the place you call home. Please lend them your support as well.