B15

Anju

After that night, Ilhoon tried to do affectionate things for Minhyuk, albeit covertly. It made Minhyuk very uncomfortable. Ilhoon was under the impression they were together and Minhyuk, like a coward, did not know how to tell him that would never happen. That the other night was like an aberration to him. So he did the worse thing one could do in such a situation, he started avoiding Ilhoon. Eunkwang became his refuge. Eunkwang did not know the particulars of Minhyk's turmoils but as a good friend he was simply there for him and ready whenever that one was ready to open up about whatever had him on edge.

Now here was history repeating itself, only a little bit more violently. Minhyuk doubled his efforts until he got Ilhoon to tumble over and he quickly sat up to give him a good wash to  Ilhoon who was sprawled on the floor. As he opened his mouth his to start, he heard a commotion from outside. Changsub and Peniel were back. They walked in and Minhyuk could only imagine what they concluded from the scene before them. Whatever he imagined, he was way off. They put their purchases away without saying a word. Then helped Ilhoon up and took him to his room. Minhyuk ran his fingers through his hair in frustrattion as he made for his own room as well. He did not want to dwell on what the younger ones were thinking of right now.

Eunkwang returned in the evening and informed them Hyunsik was spending the whole weekend at his grandmother's. Minhyuk enevied him that because he missed his family so much right now. Minhyuk watched helplessly, as Changsub beckoned Eunkwang discreetly to the room he shared with Hyunsik. Eunkwang came looking puzzled and the door was shut behind them. Minhyuk returned to his own room, despondent. This had to be his end. Manager hyung will have to be involved. In his youth and ignorance, he had handled everything with Ilhoon, wrong so far. Which was why he felt responsible for that night in Ilhoon's bed. Minhyuk was often eager to please and this time his deeds did not go unpunished, he thought as he sank unto his bed.

It was a very long while later when Eunkwang came into their room, shutting the door quietly. Eunkwang was still facing the door when he said so softly, Minhyuk barely made the words out, "I owe you an apology"

"Why?" Minhyuk wondered

"I know you the most, yet I misjudged you terribly"  Eunkwang said as he  turned around and came to sit on his bed facing Minhyuk. "Changsub told me certain salient truths and Peniel revealed pertinent information I had not been aware of, at all. I have been a very poor leader"

Minhyuk disagreed, "No hyung. The situation was very delicate and you did the best you could under the circumstances for Ilhoon's safety" Looking at Eunkwang, Minhyuk continued, "What did Peniel tell you?"

Eunkwang looked up at Minhyuk uncomfortably, "He saw what Ilhoon did to you in their bedroom and he and Changsub were in time to see you fend off Ilhoon this afternoon. Obviously, he had been the agressor the whole time including that night he brought up in his accusations toward you".

Minhyuk felt contrition, "Don't blame him too much hyung. I was older. I just handled it all wrong"

"We are all young" Eunkwang said, "and we make mistakes. At least you and I have learned from ours. I asked manager hyung to come pick up Ilhoon. He needs a while with his family." Minhyuk was about to protest because he knew Ilhoon's home situation but Eunkwang was now aware as well. "He is going to his aunt and uncle, not his parents", he quickly reassured Minhyuk. The younger one was relieved.