TOP Secrets

My Devil Playmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Dara]

 

        “Nice dress. How was dinner with the Kwons?” My dad asked casually when I walked into the living room after Jiyong dropped me off. I stopped on my tracks, trying to be calm.

 

        The first odd thing was that my dad knew about my dinner at the Kwons. The second odd thing was that Grandfather, Mom, and Dad were sitting around like they were in a sort of a family meeting…one I had not been informed of. They had seemed to be in a heated discussion before I came in, but acted like nothing was wrong. We ate dinner together every day, but we never sit around talking, since Dad would always have to tend to business matters, or discuss them with Grandfather.

 

        “I…It was good,” I answered cautiously as I sat next to my mom, who smiled at me. But her eyes were a bit anxious, which I don’t get. “How did you know I was at the Kwons?”

 

        “Eun joo called,” my mom explained. “She said they invited you over for dinner.” Then she murmured, “They’re treating you well?”

 

        That was a strange question to ask. Even stranger that she would ask this so quietly so that Grandfather and Dad wouldn’t hear. “Yes, of course.”

 

        “That’s good.” Mom sighed in relief. “That’s good. Did they say anything…unusual?” I shook my head. This was another strange question to ask. I opened my mouth to ask her what she meant, but Grandfather started to talk.

 

        “It’s good that you’re reacquainted with the Kwons, Sandara.” Grandfather nodded in approval. “Remember, you’re the heiress to Park Enterprise, and Kwons are not just longtime business partners of the Parks, but are eternally tied to us.”

 

        Why do the elders keep on saying that like it’s some sort of a spell? “Yes, I understand, Grandfather.”

 

        “Good. I hope you will spend more time with Jiyong, he’s a very accomplished and talented young man.” Grandfather rarely complimented anyone. I wonder what he sees in Kwon devil! “Now, we have some business to discuss, go rest, Sandara.”

 

 

 

 

 

[TOP]

 

        “Seungri, you’re so dead!”

 

        “JIYONG HYUNG! HELP ME! IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!”    

 

        “Seungrat, some exercise will do you good.”

 

        “HYUNG!”

 

        “Lee Seungri, stop running!”

 

        “THEN STOP CHASING ME, DARA NOONA!”

 

        I watched in amusement as Dara chased Seungri around the trees, as the rest of us enjoyed our lunch sitting on the grass. Apparently, Seungri had given a helping hand to Jiyong on a prank, whatever it was.

 

        They made up now, Jiyong and Dara. I should be happy, because they’re both my good friends. Jiyong has been my best friend since elementary school, and we’ve never fought. We were opposites, but we understood each other more than anyone else. Dara…was just Dara. I couldn’t imagine anyone not be charmed by her.

 

        My social circle included the Bigbang boys, Bom, Dongwook, Han Byul and Dara. I should be glad that Jiyong and Dara made up, that everyone was happy and got along.

 

        I should be, but I’m not. I feel uneasy.

 

        “Phew, what an exercise,” Dara panted as she plopped down next to me. “Seungri is a faster runner than I thought.”

 

        I handed her my drink. “What did he do anyways?”

 

        “He allied with Jiyong to trick me into having dinner with Jiyong’s parents.” Dara shrugged, taking small sips. I grimaced slightly, but recomposed myself quickly so she wouldn’t notice.

 

        “You had dinner together? With the Kwons?” I tried to ask casually. “That must be fun.”

 

        “I guess it was. I mean, Mr and Mrs Kwon watched me growing up…up until grade five, anyways. We’re practically family.” Dara handed me back my drink. “I’m invited over to have dinner with them every week.”

 

        “I see. You and Jiyong made up now?” I knew the answer.

 

       

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter