Distance

My Devil Playmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Dara]

 

        “JIYONG!” A dazzling redhead threw herself at Jiyong. “It’s been too long!”

 

        I, as well as everyone around, turned to gap at this scene. This girl was…wow. She must be an actress or model. Wearing a tank top and short jean shorts that showed off her slender long legs, the redhead had the curvaceous body I would die for. Her long, bright red hair stood out, and everything about her gave an air of someone confident, sophisticated and bold. I really envy people like that.

 

        “Stop it, noona, you’re embarrassing me.” Jiyong pulled away (reluctantly?!) and blushed.

 

        WHAT!? Did THE Kwon Jiyong just blush!? What’s going on here? My jaw had just literally dropped. But the redhead’s next action made it drop even lower, if it’s possible.

 

        The pretty girl ruffled Jiyong’s hair lovingly. “Awwwe, our Jiyongie is all grown up now? You’re too cute!”

 

       Whoa, was she Jiyong’s girlfriend? They look…made for each other, I can’t deny that. They were both beyond-the-norm gorgeous and stood out from the crowd, even YG’s crowd of the most fashionable and perfect people.

 

       The redhead then went on to greet the other Bigbang boys. I could catch bits of their conversation, and I pieced together the information that this “noona” had spent the past year traveling around the world, and just came back to finish her last high school year even though she has to graduate late. Oh, and it was obvious that all the Bigbang boys knew her from way before, and adore her.

 

        As they laughed and chatted about this noona’s adventures, I felt a bit left out. That couldn’t be helped though, I mean, they’ve known each other forever and I had just came here yesterday. I decided to head inside quietly and go get my books out of my locker alone.

 

       After pulling the last book I needed (“The Turning Point of History”) out of my locker and locking my locker, I turned around to become face to face with TOP’s angelic face.

 

        “KYA!” I blurted out at how close we were to…kissing each other. Oh,dang, I can feel myself blushing at the mere thought of it. “What are you doing, TOP!”

 

        “You suddenly disappeared, so I came to find you.” TOP gave me one of his warm smiles, but still being so breathtakingly close to me (and my lips). I could see the flicks of gold that dotted his emerald green contacts. “Why did you leave without telling me?”

 

        “Well…you guys all seemed like you were enjoying yourselves, catching up with your old friend…” Wow, that sounded a bit sulky. But TOP took no notice.

 

        “You’re one of us now, Dara. Don’t feel left out. If you need me, I’ll be there in a heartbeat.” OK…what an odd thing to say. But I still felt really warm inside at TOP’s considerate words.

 

        “Tabi?”

 

        The redheaded noona appeared out of nowhere, eying us with a strange expression on her pretty face. The other boys were behind her, also looking us weirdly. Then I noticed how impossibly close TOP and I were. From their angle, we probably looked like we were kissing! I hurriedly put some distance between us.

 

        “What were you doing with Dara noona, TOP hyung?!” Seungri demanded. I blushed at his words, and felt Jiyong’s penetrating eyes on me.

 

        “We were just talking,” TOP casually answered. The pretty noona had the same penetrating eyes as Jiyong as she observed TOP with an unfathomable expression. TOP didn’t seem to take note of it as he turned to smile encouragingly at me. OK…am I the only one who thinks this is just plain awkward?

 

        “Hi, I’m Bom,” the noona suddenly came over to give me a tight hug as if we were old friends. “I grew up with the Bigbang boys, and I’m one year older than Tabi and Jiyong. I just came back to YG because I spent a year traveling the world and had to graduate a year later. Welcome to the YG family.”

 

        “Hi, I’m Dara.” I smiled back. She seems nice, and I must have imagined the flash of hostility in her eyes earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

        Days went by quic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter