The Date

My Devil Playmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[THIRD PERSON]

 

        The school fair was beyond dazzling. A prestigious school like YG certainly does not do things half-way. By the afternoon, the stalls were all set up, in every color of the rainbow. By sunset, the glowing colors of the sun bathed the tents, making them glow beautifully. By nightfall, the trees wrapped with millions of twinkling lights casted a romantic atmosphere over the people strolling from booth to booth. There were laughter, sounds of music blasting from speakers, and even a hum of the crickets.

 

        The number you have dialed is not available. Please leave a message after the-

 

        A pretty girl, dressed in a sapphire blue dress that went well with her long brown locks, sighed as she looked at her phone for the thousandth time that day. She kept calling and calling. Nothing.

 

        “Hey, isn’t that Dara Park?” Nicole whispered to her friends . “Wow, I knew she was pretty before, but her dress made her look like a princess!”

 

        “Hmmph, she’s not half as pretty as me, I’m the nation’s princess,” Gyuri sniffed. “Isn’t she supposed to be on a date with Kwon Jiyong?”

 

        “The way I see it, she got dumped before they even started!” Goo Hara laughed loudly. “I mean, why would THE Kwon Jiyong be with someone like HER? She’s too goody-goody for his bad boy tastes!”

 

        Is that true? Unfamiliar waves of insecurity washed over Dara when she overheard those words. Is that why he doesn’t plan to show up?

 

        She never should’ve trusted him easily. What type of a guy he was…she knew only too well. From childhood, he was always self-centered, knew what he wanted (and always got it), and had no respect or love for other people. It could only have gotten worse when he grew up. Girls are probably just things to waste time on, for him. He fed them sugarcoated lies and sweet words, but they probably don’t mean a thing to him.

 

        She knew all this, even in the back of her mind. Yet she still came.

 

        I had hoped I was wrong about you, Kwon Jiyong. Turns out, I wasn’t.

 

 

 

 

 

        In a classy bar on the other side of the town, a girl was downing drink after drink. The bartender looked at her disapprovingly, but didn’t dare disobey her when she requested bottle after bottle of expensive alcohol. A pretty girl like her shouldn’t be drinking like this, the bartender disapprovingly thought to himself. Good thing there’s that guy with her, or else the girl won’t able to get home by herself tonight.

 

        “See! See! This is what I get-“ The girl laughed emptily in hysteria.

 

        “That’s enough, noona.” The guy broke his silence, making a move to stop her from drinking another bottle.

 

        “No! That’s not enough!” The girl suddenly cried in despair. “I can still feel it, so it means it’s not enough!”

 

        “Noona, stop this. No good would come out of it if you keep on drinking!” The guy lost his patience.

 

        “You don’t understand! I’ve known him for such a long time, I came here first! But now all he sees is HER! I don’t get it, it’s just not fair! What, does he really think he’s in love with her? So blinded that he can’t see how much I love him?”

 

        The guy unconsciously tightened his fists upon hearing the last sentences.

 

 

 

 

 

[Dara]

 

        “Dara!”

 

        I turned around, half in anticipation and half in anger, expecting to find the annoying face of Kwon Jiyong. But instead I got the concerned face of TOP. He was casually dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, but his handsomeness did not change, even under the dim lights.

 

        “Ooh…TOP...” I smiled awkwardly and half-heartedly. I was expecting to see Jiyong, so I was a little disappointed. With one look at TOP’s eyes, I knew he knew that too.

 

        “Jiyong’s not with you?” He furrowed his eyebrows. “I thought you two were…together…?”

 

        “No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter