A Grandma Kwon Emergency

My Devil Playmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[THIRD PERSON]

 

        “NOONA!!”

 

        Both Bom and Dara looked up to see Seungri running towards them like a madman. Beads of sweat dripped down on the grass as he tumbled down on the grass, gasping for air.

 

        “Seungri! Are you okay?” Dara exclaimed.

 

        He looked up and flashed her a dazzling smile. “Of course I am, Dara noona!”

 

        “What happened? You scared me!”

 

        Seungri’s face changed completely as he remembered his mission. “Oh right! Something terrible happened, noona!”

 

        “What is it, Seungri? Tell us already!” Bom impatiently asked.

 

        “Dara noona, you have to come quick! Something bad happened!” Seungri whined, pulling Dara with him as he ran to the parking lot. Dara didn’t even have time to react; the next minute, she was holding onto her seatbelt as Seungri sped through red light after red light.

 

        “SEUNGRI! DRIVE SLOWER, OR ELSE YOUR DARA NOONA WILL DIE!” Dara screamed.

 

        “I can’t, noona, this is an emergency!”

 

        “What emergency?”

 

        “Jiyong…hyung…”

 

        Dara paled, thinking of the worst case scenario. “What happened to Jiyong? I just saw him in Chemistry class today!”

 

        “His grandma…”

 

        “His grandma?!” In Dara’s memory, Jiyong’s grandma was a loving, doting old lady who spoiled Jiyong senselessly. Every time Dara went over to the Kwon Manor for a playdate, she’d always spoil Dara too. The Kwons were longtime friends of the Parks, and Jiyong’s grandma made sure to remind Dara every time she came over.

 

        “Sandara,” she would murmur, “you and Jiyong will be bound together for several lifetimes, because the Kwons would always be tied to the Parks.”

 

        Not that Dara got any of that. But she got the idea that Jiyong’s grandma treated her like her own granddaughter.

 

        “Hurry!” They had arrived at the Kwon manor. Dara had no time to admire the new marble water fountain in the center of the cul-de-sac, nor did she notice the extravagant flowerbeds and streetlights that replaced the ones in her memories. She was ushered into the house by Seungri, who looked like someone who just ran a marathon. Through the large foyer, up the spiral staircase, down one hall, turn right, turn left, turn left, past the library…

 

        “Go in, noona. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Seungri pointed to a large mahogany door, then disappeared down the hall. Dara didn’t even stop to think, and yanked the door open.

 

        Jiyong was standing by the huge window the overlooked the gardens of the manor. Dara couldn’t see his face, but she felt anxious since his silhouette seemed to be hiding something. Was he crying?

 

        “Ji…Jiyong?” Dara walked over to him slowly. He turned around, a solemn look on his face. “What happened? Grandma Kwon…”

 

        “Red or gold?” Those were the words that came out of his mouth. Dara looked at him in terror. Something so horrible happened that he lost all his senses? What is he talking about?!

 

        “I don’t know what you’re saying-“

 

        “The dresses, Santokki, the dresses.” His voice grew impatient. WHAT DRESSES, Dara was screaming in her head. Was he hallucinating because of too much shock? He needs a doctor!

 

        “Have you gone mad, Jiyong? What on earth-“

 

        Jiyong pulled Dara over to the large canopy bed on the other side of the room with lavish throw pillows and silk sheets. Dara saw two dresses lying on the bed; one was an elegant, ladylike golden dress with fancy lace and ribbons, while the red was a simply-cut taffeta with ruffles.

 

        “Red or gold?” Jiyong repeated. “Hurry up, Santokki, we only have so much time before dinner.”

 

        “What dinner? What do these dresses have to do with anything? What about Grandma Kwon? Seungri told me it was an emergency-“

 

        “It IS an emergency, Santokki,” Jiyong impatiently cut through. “A fashion emergency. Grandma sent these from France for you, and they arrived today. You have to wear one of them at the dinner with my parents.”

 

        “WHAT dinner?” Dara yelled, not getting any of it. “What happened to Grandma Kwon? Seungri said something terrible-“

 

[Dara]

 

        And I am, of course, the world’s biggest idiot.

 

        “KWON! JI! YONG! STOP! LAUGHING!” I shrieked as I threw pillow after pillow at the laughing Kwon devil who seemed to be unable to stop. “YOU’RE SUCH A FREAKING JERK! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU! I HAD THOUGHT SOMETHING HAPPENED TO GRANDMA KWON AND YOU WERE UPSET, BUT IT WAS JUST SOME STUPID DRESSES-”

 

        “Oh you should have seen your face, Santokki,” he gasped between fits of laughter. Then he started mimicking me in a falsetto voice, “’What happened Jiyong? Don’t scare me Jiyong! Something terrible, oh so terrible happened! What are we going to do-‘” He started laughing like a hyena again.

 

        I glared at him, crossing my arms. He is officially the world’s most hateful person on earth. I can’t believe he got Seungri in on this too. If only his fan girls could see him now, laughing his head off crazily like he’s high on something…a total contrast to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter