Piggyback Rides and Stereo Hearts

My Devil Playmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Dara]

 

        As Jiyong went to get some food for my complaining (and utterly embarrassing) stomach, I watched him closely. He was a head-turner no doubt, even if I’m just looking at his back. Somehow, I can see how much he resembles his parents. No doubt, he’s got what Mr Kwon would call the “Kwon men confidence” or charisma, or whatever that naturally makes him the stand out so much you cannot ignore his presence as well as the automatic center of attention. He’s one of those people that are born a leader, giving off the air of knowing what to do and that he’s in control. It makes me wistful; I wish I had that trait too, so I’d fit the role of the heiress.

 

        Swiftly, while I was ogling at his back, Jiyong turned around swiftly and our eyes met. Confused, I gave him a look that said WHAT? but he shook his head, chuckling even though I couldn’t hear. Then, before turning back to the cashier, he winked at me.

 

        Wow.

 

        I can’t breathe.

 

        I suppose some people would judge from his clothes to his looks, and think Jiyong is one of those James Dean type bad boys that look tough, rude, cocky, and get into a lot of gang fights. However, there are some moments when he completely loses that arrogant air around him, and resemble his mother more; gentle, caring, beautiful, pure. I don’t know how to describe it, but it just seems like that to me. Like, when he laughs, even though most of the time he’s laughing AT me for something dumb I did, he seems so childlike! His cheeky smile, with all his perfectly straight and white teeth showing, and twinkling eyes…It’s during those moments when I look at him, and it’s like he hasn’t changed at all from the time when we were both chasing each other around his backyard when we were little kids.

 

        Aside from the fact that Jiyong is a devil whenever he bullies and makes fun of me, he’s…actually not that bad. I can tell what a loyal and wonderful friend he is, after the flyers incident and how he treated TOP. Truth be told, if I had been in his shoes, I probably wouldn’t have been able to do that. Now that I remember, when I had overheard Bom accusing him, he didn’t deny it either, because he wanted to protect TOP. He’s also been kind to me since I came to YG.

 

        Without warning, I felt someone pinch my nose lightly.

 

        “Hey!” I glowered at him. “That was uncalled for!”

 

        “I was talking to you, but you ignored me.” Jiyong shrugged as if this was the most reasonable answer to why he would pinch my nose. “What were you thinking about that made you space out like that?”

 

        I shut my mouth tightly, not trusting what I’m going to say once it opens. There is no way he can know that I was thinking about him, he would definitely get the wrong idea and tease me for eternity. Instead, I started to munch on the French fries he brought. “Hmm…those are so good!”

 

        “Ah…I know, you were thinking of me, weren’t you?” I was about to protest when I saw the smug smile on his face, but couldn’t help blushing. I WAS TOTALLY CAUGHT! “Thinking of me and my good looks…”

 

        “No I wasn’t,” I mumbled, stuffing more french fries into my mouth and refusing to look at him straight in the eyes. “I was just thinking…”

 

        “Of what?”

 

        “It’s…none of your business!” I hurriedly took a straw, poked it into a bear-shaped bottle of coke, and started to it like a leech thirsty for blood. Jiyong looked at me in amusement.

 

        “Ok…if you say so. I was just trying to be friendly, you know, making harmless conversation.” His smug face inched closer and closer to mine, but I refused to be intimidated by him, and didn’t move an inch even though I’m pretty sure my face is now red. Closer…closer…

 

        “Back off,” I growled when his face was so impossibly near mine that it took one gust of wind for us to kiss…WAIT! I shall not think about that! Jiyong didn’t seem to hear me as he his lips slowly, a predator ready to strike. Holding my breath, I could only look on helplessly as his mouth moved in slow motion towards mine.

 

        This time, I’m sure he’s going to kiss me. His mouth is almost touching my mouth, for heaven’s sake! It’s only a matter of milliseconds before our lips crash onto each other’s like two tectonic plates! Dilemma here: Should I let him?

 

        As inviting as that would be…no. I can’t let that happen! If we kiss, then what? Jiyong’s a womanizer, he’s got the whole female population wrapped around his finger. After one kiss, it’s not going to change; he’d still go on chasing other girls and it’ll be so awkward between us. Even if there’s a slight chance that we’d become mutually attracted to each other for a while and go out, it will only make things worse. What about TOP? What about our friendship? If there’s anything I’m sure of, it’s the fact that a relationsh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter