Meeting...A Cat (Erm, I mean, TOP)

My Devil Playmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Dara]

        I gulped nervously as my best friend, CL, drove her car near the towering gates of the prestigious YG High School. It was going to be my first day at this private school known for its student body of the famous, the dirty-rich, the super-intelligent, and the fortunate ones who fall into the category of “all of the above”, and I was anxious beyond description.

 

        “I guess this is really goodbye, unni.” Minzy, my other best friend who was sitting in the backseat, started to tear up. Being a year younger than us, she was more sensitive…although I’m not quite sure why she’s acting like I’m being sent off to war when I’m only transferring to the other high school in town.

 

        CL rolled her eyes. “Minkki, you’re overreacting. Dara’s still going to hang out with us, she’s just going to a different school-“

 

        “I’M SO GONNA MISS YOU!!” Minzy wailed hysterically.

 

        Totally ignoring Minzy, CL turned to me. “I’ll pick you up when school ends, then we can exchange our gossip! I have a feeling you’ll be making so many new friends, being the irresistible Sandara Park of the Park Enterprises!” She winked. “I wanna hear all about the hot males at YG!”

 

        “Ugh, CL, I don’t know if I can do this,” I groaned, eyeing all the luxurious limos and BMWs strolling into the grand private road that leads to my doom. “I’m nowhere as rich-“

 

        “You’re the heiress to your family’s business!” CL interjected.

 

        “-nowhere as pretty as all those baby celebs-“

 

        “They all had plastic surgery, Dara,” Minzy suddenly chimed in. “Kpop Daily knows all.”

 

        “-not even borderline intelligent-“

 

        “Yeah, right. Are you comparing yourself to Einstein?”

 

        “-and I still don’t get what Grandfather’s thinking by making me transfer on my last year of high school!” I finished, the river of emotions bursting from my weeks of holding it in. My grandfather announced his decision-the one he made for me without consulting my own opinion-a couple of weeks ago, saying that the sole heiress-to-be of his Park Enterprise (ME!) should receive “proper” education at the most prestigious (and expensive) private school of our country.

 

        Not that I buy any of that. I suspect there must be some other motive behind this sudden decision. My parents were as surprised as I was, but didn’t dare question my grandfather, because he rarely bothers himself with trivial matters like my education (Believe me, it is pretty trivial compared to the billions of dollars and thousands of employees Park Enterprises handles every day). That’s what makes it so suspicious; there must be something hidden. Something BIG.. Plus, I overheard my parents discussing how recently, some financial troubles came up within the company. I don’t understand why, in midst of such a crisis, my grandfather would still insist for me to attend a school that costs enough a year to feed a country in Africa.

 

        “Knowing you, you’ll dig up the answers in no time,” CL assured me, giving my hands an encouraging squeeze. “You’re gonna be late, Goddess D, if you don’t get your out of my car pronto!”

 

        Sighing, I give the two tight hugs before stepping out of the car, and towards the school campus that give me an unfathomable feeling close to fear.

 

 

 

 

 

        “Hey, you.”

 

        I turned around on reflex to see a guy with his motorcycle parked behind me, taking off his white helmet to reveal drop-dead gorgeousness that only existed in heaven. Heck, if he was in heaven, all the angels would be dazzled unconscious with one look from his mesmerizing eyes before you could say “hallejuah”. His spiked turquoise hair and chiseled features was really something.

 

        “You’re new here, right?” He inquired in a deep, y voice, staring at me. I frowned. Is there an enormous arrow in neon lights pointing above me that tells the whole world “NEW GIRL HERE”?

 

        As if to answer my confusion, he explained, “No one walks from the gate up to the campus, because the main road is too long. If you don’t know that, then you’re probably new here.” I glanced at the direction of the main building, and realized he was right. By the time I get there on foot, I’ll be there just in time to see the sun set. Fantastic.

 

        “You can ask me for a ride, you know.” He chuckled at my apparent bewilderness. Uh, what exactly is happening here? A hottie dropped out of the sky, just to inform me no one walks to school, and wants me to ask him for a ride? Or is he just making fun of my stupidity?

 

        “I don’t talk to strangers,” I answered in the coldest voice I could m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter