Chapter 10

Unexpected Turn of Events

 

“So new dream characters, is that it?” Yixing asked.

“Yup. They’re Baekhyun and Chanyeol. I think they’ll be a nice change.”

Yixing nodded, playing with Sehun’s fingers. Sehun has such pretty hands, Yixing decided.

 

After meeting Chanyeol and Baekhyun for the first time a month ago, Sehun hasn’t met either Luhan or Kai. Sehun knew they were there, existing in his dreams, but never bothered to find them. They weren’t friends at the moment, so why seek them out, Sehun reasoned.

Sehun decided that he rather liked Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

“Sehun-ah, let’s do something fun,” Chanyeol whined, tugging on Sehun’s shirt.

“Yeah, Sehun-ah. We’ve been sitting here for a while now,” Baekhyun pouted. “Let’s go explore or something.”

“But bubble tea, guys,” Sehun said cutely. “Let me at least finish this cup.”

“Ugh, fine. But only because you’re cute,” Baekhyun sighed, and Chanyeol agreeing with him.

After Sehun finished his bubble tea, the trio left the shop. Sehun let Baekhyun lead the way. Despite hanging out with these characters for about a month now, they haven’t done anything really exciting or frightening, like Sehun and Kai’s adventures. Baekhyun always had taken him somewhere ethereal and glimmering with magic. Chances were that this time around wouldn’t be any different. Not that Sehun minded or anything, on the contrary, he rather enjoyed it.

“Baekhyun-ah, where are we going?” Sehun asked.

“It’s a surprise!” Baekhyun smiled.

Ignoring Baekhyun, Sehun asked, “Chanyeol-ah, do you know?”

“Nope,” Chanyeol said, grabbing Sehun’s hand. “We’re just going to have to wait and find out.”

Sehun sighed. He wanted to know.

“Yah, Sehun-ah, let me hold your hand too,” Baekhyun said, taking Sehun’s free hand in his.

“You guys really like skinship, don’t you?”

“But you don’t seem to be complaining either,” Chanyeol smiled. Baekhyun nodded in agreement.

Sehun couldn’t help but sigh again. These dweebs. Why were they friends again?

 

A couple minutes later and Baekhyun stopped their little group. They reached what seemed to be an ordinary lake with a small waterfall. Baekhyun said they had to wait for it to become a bit darker for the fun to start. Thankfully the sun would be setting soon. They didn’t have to wait long.

“Baekhyun, cuddle with us,” Chanyeol said, beckoning Baekhyun over to him and Sehun.

“Okay!” he replied cheerfully.

Sehun didn’t care for skinship really. But it seemed that all of his friends had a thing for it, especially when Sehun was involved. They all loved to hold touch him; nonual touching of course. It was always like this. People just liked touching Sehun. He was a touchable person. That must sound strange but that was the truth of the matter.

Chanyeol had settled Sehun in his lap. With Chanyeol being bigger than Sehun, Sehun found it rather comfy be in Chanyeol’s lap. Baekhyun was sitting beside Chanyeol, almost in his lap as well, lazily hugging Sehun. Sehun felt quite at ease with himself. He could fall asleep he was so peaceful.

It was perfect.

But it got even better now that it was dark. The lake was a pretty light blue color when the sun was out, but now it was a sparkling purple. When the water would ripple, it turned just a shade darker, twinkling even more. The waterfall’s spray was a light purple, almost lavender. While it was dark, the sky wasn’t black like the normal night sky. It was streaked with dark blues and maybe a bit of purple if one looked hard enough. The stars were silver and pretty in the sky. Sehun thought he saw a shooting star too.

“Okay, get ready guys!”

Sehun wasn’t sure what Baekhyun was saying as he was admiring the spectacular scenery. It was breathtaking.

“Sehun look!”

Sehun looked to where Baekhyun was pointing to. He definitely wasn’t expecting that.

In the lake there were both mermaids and mermen, all sitting on lotus flowers. They were able to control the flow of water, so they were able to move around on the lotuses. Sehun wasn’t sure what they were doing at first, but then it became clear that they were dancing. Then Sehun realized that there were a few mermaids and mermen who were singing. Sehun had originally though Luhan’s voice was magical, but he’s got nothing on the merfolk. Sehun had never heard something so heavenly and pure while being laced with something that could only be described as magic. It was completely unreal, yet here it was as real as the sky is blue.

The merfolk ended their dance and song with a small bow. One mermaid came to the edge of the lake, leaving some kind of parchment on a flat stone. Baekhyun went and got it. He came back and sat on Chanyeol’s lap along with Sehun. Sehun was even amazed at the mermaid’s paper. How could paper be so pretty? Sehun wanted to keep the paper.

“Oh!” Baekhyun squealed. “We’ve been invited to the merfolk ball!”

“Really?! That's great news!” Chanyeol gushed. “Eeep! I’m so excited!”

“Say what now,” Sehun asked, grabbing the parchment from Baekhyun. He looked at the words and saw that he couldn’t make out a single word. But he was yet again amazed. The alphabet the merfolk used was simply beautiful. It was nothing like Sehun had ever seen before.

“The merfolk ball! It’s only, like, the best ball to go to, like ever! The best food and games and oh my god I can’t believe we were invited!” Baekhyun squealed again.

“Oh my god, me either! How rare is this; that the three of us were invited. They usually only invite one outsider to go but they chose three of us!” Chanyeol spazzed. “When is the ball?”

“I’m a bit rusty on my Mer, but it seems to be next week, so that only gives us three days to get ready. We’ll have to go see a sorcerer to be fitted.”

“Oh, you’re absolutely right. I wonder what I’ll be able to go as,” Chanyeol thought aloud.

“You’ll probably go as something red. Or orange. Maybe a light green. We’ll just have to wait and see!”

“What are you two idiots going off about now?” Sehun asked, finally looking away from the pretty paper and writing.

“The ball! We’ll need to go to a sorcerer to be fitted and then we’ll all look handsome enough to go and it’ll just be a wonderful night!” Chanyeol said. “We should make an appointment with a sorcerer as soon as possible. Do you know any that are close to here, Baek?”

“What,” Sehun said, looking at his friends like they had five heads each.

Ignoring Sehun, Baekhyun replied, “Of course I do! I’m not a sorcerer in training for nothing!”

“What the hell is going on,” Sehun spoke again, only be once again ignored by his friends.

“My apologies, my beloved Baekhyun,” Chanyeol smiled. “But seriously though, make the appointment within the next two days.”

“Of course, dearest.”

“Guys; pay attention to me,” Sehun pouted.

“So cute!” Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun cooed at Sehun.

“Yah, don’t do that,” Sehun whined. “Tell me what you guys are talking about.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun explained everything to Sehun. From start to beginning, going slow enough for Sehun to comprehend what was going to happen.

“Wait, when you say fitted, what exactly do you mean?” Sehun asked.

“Fitted for magic, silly! Not all magic can be used on a person. It might backfire on you and cause problems, so we need to go to the sorcerer to see what magic will be best for you and then we’ll figure out what kind of magic will be best suited for you from that. And then we’ll know what kind of tail you’ll have. Though I’d say you’ll probably have something pretty. Like a blue or purple and there’s more than likely going to be shimmery scales too, wouldn’t you say so, Baek?”

“Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. Sehun might just be the best looking merman there! Maybe he’ll become the man of the night! Merfolk love seeing beautiful people and Sehun is definitely beautiful,” Baekhyun said, looking fondly at Sehun.

Sehun blushed. These two were always complimenting him. Not that Sehun was complaining, but it was rather uncommon for him to be complimented so often. And even to say that he might become the man of the night at a merfolk ball, a ball of one of the most beautiful beings. Sehun felt undeserving of such a compliment.

“Guys, don’t say stuff like that,” Sehun said, looking away, blush still intact.

“Look! Our pretty Sehun is blushing,” Baekhyun said, hugging Sehun.

“Wow, I didn’t think he could become even cuter,” Chanyeol said, bringing both Sehun and Baekhyun close to him in a hug.

“This is nice guys,” Sehun smiled tiredly. “Thanks.”

“Of course, Sehun-ah,” Baekhyun said. “Now, it’s time to wake up.”

“Good morning,” Chanyeol and Baekhyun said in unison, smiles on their faces mirroring Sehun’s own smile. 

 


A/N: What's this? I'm updating and it's only been a few days? Haha, I don't even know what came over me; I just had to get this idea out of my head. Not that this little adventure is important really. I guess it's just to show how Chanyeol and Baekhyun act with Sehun? Idk, just enjoy the fluff I guess, haha. This chapter is just cute and rainbows all over the place. 

Sobs, all I did was compliment Sehun in this chapter, it seems. alkgdjhgaklsd He's just perfect and needs to be complimented for always and wow there's major Sehun feels now. Okay I'm gonna go and drown in my Sehun feels but in the meantime, you enjoy the chapter! c: