Chapter 17

Unexpected Turn of Events

 

Everything’s been relatively fine for the past couple weeks. Yixing returned from China (he had to renew his visas). Sehun’s been meeting Luhan in his dreams lately. It’s been great really. Everything’s been wonderful. Sehun couldn’t have been happier.

Well he could be. But Sehun wasn’t thinking negatively then.

 

But today wasn’t so great, as it turned out. Sehun had fallen asleep in class. Normally he wouldn’t have cared all too much but this particular class’s teacher was exceptionally strict. Sehun earned himself a week’s worth of detention.

Sehun had decided to walk home since it was nice out. But that was short lived. The sky turned a dark gray, nearly black in a blink of an eye, thunder booming ever minute and lightning flashing, crackling. And then came the rain. It wasn’t just your average rainfall; it was worse than cats and dogs, it was heavy, coming down in thick sheets. If Sehun wasn’t mistaken, he could have sworn he felt hail start to pelt on his back and head. Thankfully he didn’t live too, too far away from his school. He made it home in about fifteen minutes, give or take a few.

After taking a warm shower and dressing in comfy, fleece PJ’s, Sehun went down stairs to do his homework. Normally he’d do it in his room, but a change of scenery is nice every once in a while. And that’s exactly what Sehun wanted.

A few hours later and Sehun was preparing for bed. Sehun’s mom had come home from work like usual and dinner was normal but good. Same old stuff, different day.

 

Sehun woke with his head in Chanyeol’s lap. Chanyeol was smiling down at him. He felt a hand massaging his head and playing with his hair. He looked over to his right and saw that it was Baekhyun who was doing it. He received a smile from Baekhyun as well. This is wonderful, Sehun thought. He turned his face towards Chanyeol’s belly and snuggled it. This gave Baekhyun more of his head to massage.

“Gosh, Sehun-ah,” Baekhyun chuckled. “You really are like a cat; you’re actually purring!”

“We should turn him into a kitten!” Chanyeol squealed, eyes twinkling. “Could you imagine?”

Sehun made noises of disagreement, whining. “No,” Sehun pouted, “I don’t wanna be a cat. I like being like this.”

“But you’d be pet even more,” Baekhyun said, moving his hand to Sehun’s cheek and chin, rubbing softly, causing Sehun to purr even louder.

“And I heard that Luhan likes kitties,” Chanyeol said, petting Sehun’s hair.

“Really?” Sehun shot up, looking between his friends.

“Really!” They said simultaneously, dorky smiles on their faces.

Sehun looked at both of them, eyes squinting and calculating. “But how do I know that you’re not lying?”

“Hmm, you don’t,” Baekhyun said. “You’re just going to have to trust us.”

“Pass.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun whined, frowning and kicking a bit like children who didn’t get their way.

“Sehun,” Chanyeol said, standing up (Sehun fell onto the ground) and pointing to Sehun, “you’re gonna be a kitty whether you like it or not!”

And that was when Chen came out of the bush the boys were sitting near.

“Kitty-ify!” Chen yelled, waving his hand around and flicking some magic stuff (glitter? powder? no one really knows…) onto Sehun.

“Chen!” Baekhyun yelled. “You gotta teach me how to make this stuff. It could come in handy later on.”

“Oh my dear sorcerer in training, of course I can teach you! It’s actually quite simple…” Chen went off and explained the dos and don’ts of making kitty-ifying magic stuff.

 Meanwhile, Chanyeol was trying to figure out how Chen’s bush worked, since he was more than positive that no one was there in the first place. It had to have been magic; there was really no other explanation. The bush was just too small for anyone to fit in without being noticed. Upon further investigating the bush, Chanyeol found a handsome family of ladybugs. There were five of them, a mommy, a daddy and three wonderful children. Chanyeol decided to affectionately call them the Handsome Family of Ladybugs, HFoL for short.

 

Kai was doing this thing someplace else far away. He was by the Bubblegum Orchards. There were tall pink and orange trees, blue bushes, and purple grass. Everything in the Bubblegum Orchards was made of bubblegum. There was always a warm breeze blowing, carrying a sweet aroma.

Every once in a while Kai likes to pick his own gum from the trees and bushes. There was something rewarding about hand picking one’s own gum. Kai always had a wonderful time here. Except for today.

Luhan was sitting a pink bubblegum rock. He looked like he was waiting for someone, Kai thought. He wasn’t wrong.

“Kai,” Luhan started, “I really need to speak with you.”

“Um, not right now,” Kai said, gazing past Luhan to the orange trees. “I need to pick some gum before the season ends.”

“You can do that later!” Luhan yelled. “This is important.”

Kai turned his attention to Luhan, “This better be good because if not, I promise you won’t be able to do much for the next month.”

Luhan patted the space next to him for Kai to sit. Kai sat down and listened.

 

“Sehunnie!”

Sehun heard his name being called, but the voice sounded so far away but not at the same time. Oh well, Sehun thought. They’ll get here when they get here.

Sehun decided that Chen wasn’t that great of a sorcerer. He wasn’t a cat at all. He didn’t have paws or fur. He was still human Sehun.

“Sehunnie!” the voice was a whole lot closer now.

Still Sehun wasn’t all that concerned. He was more concerned about being left alone while his friends (and Chen) did other stuff that didn’t revolve around him. It was his dream, they should be paying me attention, Sehun reasoned.

“Sehunnie!” and the voice was even closer yet.

Sehun wasn’t sure, but he could hear things better. Maybe this was Chen’s work but it didn’t go as planned. But either was it was useful. He silently thanked Chen.

“Whoa!” Sehun recognized that voice. “Kitty Sehunnie!”

Kitty Sehunnie?

“I am not a cat!” Sehun whirled around to face Kai, AKA the voice Sehun recognized, and frowned.

“But you are!” Kai squealed, reaching a hand out to pet Sehun. “You have kitty ears and a tail. So cute!”

“I am not cute!” Sehun pouted, not exactly helping his case. “And I am not a cat.”

“Don’t argue with me, Sehunnie!” (“Don’t call me that!”) Kai took one of Sehun’s hands in his and brought it up to one of Sehun’s cat ears. “See?”

“Oh my God,” Sehun said, shocked. He touched both of his ears; he could feel them twitching. He moved his hands down to his backside and found the soft fur of his tail. He turned back to Kai, shock written all over his face. He was still human, but with cat features. Sehun had heard of the term before but couldn't think all too clearly at the moment for obvious reasons.

Kai thought he looked funny. And a bit dumb. But that wasn’t anything new.

“Sehun-ah, you are even cuter now, oh my God,” Kai said, glomping onto Sehun and squeezing him. “Please stay like this when you come here.”

“No!” Sehun pushed Kai away. “I’m gonna find Chen and make him change me back.”

“I won’t let you!” Kai yelled, pulling Sehun back to him, holding him tightly. “You are staying a kitty, at least for this dream.”

Sehun wasn’t entirely pleased. His ears were flat against his head, his tail swishing back and forth. He wasn’t making pleasant sounds by any means; they were something like, angry whines mixed with a vibrating sound.

“Hey don’t make that kinda noise at me, mister,” Kai scolded, poking Sehun’s nose. “Be a good kitty.”

“I’m not a kitty,” Sehun mumbled.

“Who isn’t a kitty?” Chanyeol suddenly asked, popping up behind Sehun and Kai, with Baekhyun beside him.

“Definitely Sehun,” Baekhyun said matter of fact. “It’s obvious that Chen’s magic stuff worked.”

“Chen is a true sorcerer, a bit unconventional though,” Chanyeol commented. “Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Actually, it’s people like him who keep the world much livelier than it could be.”

“I couldn’t have said it better,” Baekhyun said. “You took the words right out of my mouth.”

“That means he stole them!” Kai shouted, naturally appalled. “Chanyeol is a word thief!”

“Stole them?!” Baekhyun said, shocked that his dear friend would do such a ghastly thing. “Give them back!”

“What?!” Chanyeol yelled. “I didn’t steal them! I just thought them up on my own and then I spoke them and you were probably just thinking like me and didn’t speak them fast enough. I didn’t do anything wrong. You just weren’t fast enough.”

“Chanyeol, I will clobber you!” Baekhyun yelled, pouncing on Chanyeol and tackling him to the ground.

Kai was laughing at the two on the ground.

“How did I end up knowing such dumb characters,” Sehun sighed, slumping against Kai. 

But Sehun was content nonetheless. These dream characters, his friends, were a bit odd but just what Sehun needed. Sehun wouldn’t trade them for the world.

 

And the next couple weeks went on like this. Random adventures to infinity and beyond, literally. But Sehun hasn’t been able to meet Luhan during these past couple of weeks. Something wasn’t quite right.

 

 


 

A/N: Finally a real update \o/ !!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter (though it's just a filler and word vomit like it's so bad, gross even.) It took me a while to write since I had to change a few things and I've been getting back into a school routine and work and I've caught a cold orz and I've just been suffering a bit of write's block too orz. But either way i hope you enjoyed this. 

Also I think a couple chapters back I said there would be a maxium of 8 more chapters (so about 6 since then) but um it's like 4 more. Because of the previous chapter a lot of things had to change and it wasn't according to plan at all but I'm fairly okay with how things turned out. The ending you guys chose is still going to be the ending. It's the epilogue really. 

Before I end this A/N, I have another thing to say. 

I'm assuming a lot of you are Sehun fans, right? Right. So I said before I made this chapter update, a little announcement of one of Sehun's fansites (AIOLOS) holding an even for his birthday. I'd really appreciate it if you could at least check it out. I've made a post of it on my tumblr here, and here is the official page by AIOLOS. Please consider it!!

Please and thank you!