Chapter 2

Unexpected Turn of Events

 

Sehun has been lucid dreaming every night since his first lucid dream. To say that he was proud of himself would be lying. Sehun decided that his favorite activity to do would have to flying. That, and being able to breathe under water. Sehun also traveled to the moon a couple times. It was pretty cool, Sehun thought.

Lately Sehun's dreams have become like a second home to him. He knows all the ins and outs of what he likes to call his 'dreamland.' He manipulated his thoughts and wants to create his very own world that he often visits when he dreams.

Sehun's dreamland is ever changing. Though there are some features that seem to remain the same every time he visits. There is always a moon present; doesn't matter if it's night or day. But the moon doesn't change. So far, it's always been a waxing crescent moon. Sehun wasn't entirely sure why the moon wouldn't even change, but he wasn't exactly complaining. It was nice to see.

In most of Sehun's dreams, the sky, grass and trees wouldn't be their normal colors; they would usually be something quite the opposite.

A few dreams back, Sehun met a dream character for the first time. He didn't catch the dream character's name. This character was a very intelligent woman who reminded him a bit of his own mother in looks. Sehun was having trouble in his science class and this woman helped him solve the chemistry equation, and even went so far to explain the entire topic his class was currently studying. Sehun thanked her profusely for lending him her knowledge. He repaid her by helping find a particular flower that Sehun didn't know the name of.

 

A month later and Sehun felt as if he explored the entirely of his dreamland. Nothing was changing; all was calm and still. Now, this wasn't exactly a bad thing; it gave Sehun about an extra hour of time to reflect on his waking life. Not that he really needed to. Sehun's waking life has been fine. School has been fine. Home life has been fine. Waking life was starting to become boring, and it was transcending into his dreams, causing his dreams to become boring. Sehun didn't like it.

Since Sehun couldn't think of anything to do at the current time, he decided to fall into unconsciousness and dream regularly. But he couldn't do that. A dream character was waving to him. Deciding that it was best not to be rude, Sehun waved back. Hoping that that would be the end, Sehun prepared himself to fall unconscious. But that didn't happen.

Sehun could feel himself grow heavy, like one normally does before falling asleep. His mind was blank, his breathing evening out. Everything was calm. It was rather peaceful until that dream character jumped on Sehun's back.

Sehun's awareness came back and before he could fully comprehend what was happening, he was already falling towards the ground. He landed face first with a loud thump! The dream character on top of him was laughing at him. Sehun tried getting up but this dream character was a bit too heavy for Sehun.

"Would you please get off of me?" Sehun wheezed out.

"Maybe later," the dream character laughed.

Sehun grumbled and huffed after hearing the dream character's reply. "Please?"

"Hmm, okay fine," the dream character sighed. He didn't really want to get off of Sehun.

"Thank you," Sehun said exasperatedly. He could finally breathe properly again.

"Anytime bro."

Sehun couldn't believe his ears. From what he's experienced and read about dream characters, they were usually wise, intelligent people, like the woman who helped him with his chemistry. They definitely did not speak in such a familiar tone.

Sehun finally gets up and looks up at this dream character. He seems fairly tall, maybe a bit taller than Sehun himself. Dark hair and relatively dark skin. Tall, dark and handsome.

"Why are you here?" Sehun finally questioned the guy.

"I should be the one asking you that," the dream character countered. "You're supposed to be home. Not here."

"I am home. I'm dreaming right now. I'm sleeping in my room on my bed," Sehun said as a matter of fact.

"What!? That's crazy talk! You, my dear friend, cannot possibly be dreaming!" the dream character exclaimed. "There is nothing dreamlike about actuality."

"What are you going off about," Sehun said confusedly. "I'm more than a hundred percent positive that I'm dreaming. You are talking crazy."

"Oh? Is that so?" the dream character questioned.

"Yes," Sehun answered.

"Oh, you're no fun at all," the dream character pouted. "You were supposed to play along with me."

Sehun wasn't entirely sure how to respond to him, so he didn't. Instead, Sehun tried to become unconscious again. The dream character caught onto what Sehun was trying to do. He wasn't going to have any of that.

"You can't go now! I just got here and I want to play," the character pouted again. "Won't you play with me?"

Sehun tried his hardest to just ignore this strange character. He just wanted to sleep normally now. He didn't need this.

"Ya! Don't ignore me!" the dream character yelled.

"Leave me alone please," Sehun said quietly, trying his hardest to concentrate.

"No. We're going to play."

Before Sehun could respond, he was tackled to the ground once again. Sehun tried to push the guy off of him again, but the dream character started tickling Sehun. Little known fact about Sehun: he was extremely ticklish so you can probably imagine that he's rolling on the ground, laughing his off. The dream character laughed along with Sehun.

After a few more moments of tickling and laughing fits, the dream character finally stopped.

"I'm Kai," he introduced himself.

Kai cut Sehun off before he could speak. "I know who you are, Oh Sehun."

"I know you know who I am; I was just being polite," Sehun said.

Kai shrugged. "'Kay that's cool and all, but we're going to play now, okay?"

Sehun gave in.

 

Kai's version of playing consisted of traveling what would be considered the countryside in actuality, finding something that resembled a town and scaring the living daylights out of the residents. Sehun thought it was actually rather funny. He's always wanted to do these sorts of mischievous things in his waking life, but he's never had the guts to do it before. Maybe this is why he found Kai Kai found Sehun? It seems to be logical, though there's more than likely another reason why Kai is here. It's never so simple.

This was also the first time Sehun has ever been to a town in his dreamland. It was like something out of storybook, like the ones that took place in medieval times. There were characters trading chickens for ducks, gold coins being used instead of paper money. He was also fairly impressed by the amount of pubs the town had. He wanted to check one out but Kai wouldn't let him, saying that they weren't the best of places for a pretty face. Sehun disagreed.

"Kai! Let's go back to the market, please," Sehun said cutely. He found out that Kai has a soft spot for all things cute and adorable. And it just so happens that Sehun is a master at being cute and adorable.

"No."

"But Kai-"

"No. You're going to wake up now," Kai smirked.

"What? But you said-"

"Good morning."

And Sehun woke up.

 

Sehun lay still in his bed, trying his best not to think of starting his morning routine. He needs to remember this dream. He needs to record it in his dream journal. This was the first dream in which he hung out and actually played with a dream character. He wasn't entirely sure what to think about the dream character named Kai. But one thing Sehun felt was for certain; he would be seeing Kai a lot more often.

Sehun doesn't know how right he is.

 

Yixing and Sehun were on lunch break. Yixing couldn't help but notice that Sehun seemed a lot less tired and more focused as late. He's been meaning to ask Sehun, but there never seemed like a good enough time, though it couldn't be anything bad, Yixing figures, since it's having such a positive effect on Sehun. 

 


A/N: It's a bit shorter than the first but Kai is here! Actually about the length of chapters, they probably won't really reach anything more than 2,000 words a chapter until later on. I hope that doesn't bother anyone too much. I would also like to say that I probably won't be able to update as frequent as I'd like. College and work take up quite a bit of my time so please understand if there isn't an update for a little while. Thank you.