Chapter 16

Unexpected Turn of Events

 

That morning Sehun went about his business like normal; nothing out of the ordinary. Boring is the best word to describe it really; or perhaps mundane. Both work either way.

Getting to school progressed just like the morning; nothing out of place.

It was almost unsettling how normal everything was.

 

Yixing wasn’t in class today. Sehun texted him a few times but he never answered a single one of Sehun’s texts. Odd.

So Sehun went about his school day like any other day, just without Yixing. Sehun felt lonesome. It wasn’t often that Sehun had to be in class without Yixing. It was rather peculiar.

 

Fast forwarding to Sehun’s evening. It was one of Sehun’s father’s days off today. It wasn’t very often that Sehun’s father had off during the week. He was usually off on the weekends, though this wasn’t uncommon. It just seemed random and a bit out of place. But instead of dwelling on the thought he joined his dad on the couch to watch whatever was currently on. This was nice.

Dinner came and went without a hitch. Schoolwork was done in a timely fashion as was getting ready for bed.

Sehun was surprised that the day seemed to go by so quickly despite it being horrifically boring and uneventful.

Sehun decided to surf the net for a bit before going to bed. He checked his favorite YouTuber’s channel for any updates. Sadly there wasn’t any. He checked his Facebook, Weibo, Twitter and any other social networking sites he had signed up for years ago. Maybe I should make a RenRen account, Sehun thought. It would be good for keeping in touch with Yixing when he goes back to Changsha.

Setting up a RenRen account was even more difficult than a Weibo.

Once Sehun was done, he decided that it was an alright time to go to sleep. It was fairly early, for him at least. But he was tired, so what was the point of staying up late. None; so off to bed he went.

It was taking a while for Sehun to fall asleep. He hasn’t had this problem since before he started lucid dreaming. So he decided to meditate for a bit, calming himself down, letting his body and mind relax. This was working.

Just as Sehun was letting his body slow down, his breathing evening out, he thought back to his previous dream with Luhan. He didn’t quite understand what Luhan was talking about; the next time they both dream. Where was the sense in that?

Before Sehun could dwell on the thought any longer, he fell asleep.

 

Sehun was in the same place as last, even so much as to laying on the same bench. He stood up, looking around to see if Luhan was nearby. He wasn’t anywhere in sight, though that didn’t necessarily mean that he wasn’t here.

It was night again but the sky was definitely different than last time’s. Instead of there being three moons, there was only one. It was the largest moon Sehun has ever seen, completely full and held a pastel pink hue. The moon stood out against the greenish looking stars and the soft blue clouds. It was truly a sight to behold.

While Sehun was gazing at the night sky, Luhan came up behind him. Luhan s his arms around Sehun, pulling him into a back hug. This time Sehun didn’t have a little freak out; instead he let out a content sigh and leaned back into Luhan, letting his head fall onto Luhan’s shoulder. Just when Sehun thought that this moment couldn’t get any better, Luhan placed a soft kiss behind his right ear, lips lingering for a moment. Sehun relaxed even more into Luhan’s embrace, a satisfied sigh escaping his lips. Perfection is what Sehun would call this moment.

“Sehunnie,” Luhan whispered, pulling away from Sehun a bit, but not letting him go. “As much as I love this, we really need to continue our conversation from last time.”

Sehun let out a slightly displeased groan. He turned himself around, arms making their way around Luhan’s waist. He pulled the older close, nuzzling the crook of Luhan’s neck.

“Just a bit longer,” Sehun said softly, tightening his hold on Luhan. “Please.”

Luhan chuckled a bit, “Ah, how could I ever say no to you?”

And so, the two of them stood, holding each other for a little while longer.

 

“Now let’s continue, Sehunnie,” Luhan spoke and this time, Sehun didn’t argue.

Luhan brought himself and Sehun back to the lounging benches, sitting himself down with Sehun following after him. Sehun sat exceptionally close to Luhan, nearly sitting in his lap; not that Luhan minded or anything, rather he liked all the skinship he and Sehun were sharing.

“You spoke with Kai recently, right?” Luhan asked carefully.

Sehun nodded his answer.

“Then you should understand what this is about,” Luhan said, his hand going to Sehun’s head, gently playing with Sehun’s hair.

Sehun leaned into Luhan’s touch, practically purring.

“Are you even listening to me?” Luhan asked.

“Hmm, maybe,” Sehun smirked a bit, hoping to get a bit of a rise out of Luhan.

“Yah,” Luhan said, dragging the sound out a bit, “listen to me, Sehunnie!”

“Tsk, don’t be so childish,” Sehun scoffed playfully.

Luhan laughed at that. “Shouldn’t I be the one saying that to you?”

“Nope,” Sehun said, popping the P.

“You’re too much,” Luhan chuckled. “But really though, Sehun, we need to talk about this.”

Luhan then proceeded to further explain what Kai had said. Luhan explained that he wasn’t actually a dream character, rather he was just a normal twenty-two year old guy from Beijing, who just so happened to lucid dream at just the right brain wave frequency as Sehun for them to meet. Luhan himself didn’t quite understand how or why they were able to cross paths like they have been. He decided it was fate that he and Sehun met in their dreams. Because really, what other explanation is there? Both of them come from average families so the chances of them travelling outside their own country isn’t all too likely, so them meeting each other in waking life wouldn’t really be all too possible.

“I don’t understand, Luhan-ah,” Sehun said quietly, trying his best to comprehend what Luhan was saying.

“I really don’t either, Sehunnie,” Luhan answered, wrapping his arm around Sehun, pulling even closer yet. “But we’re meant to meet; we’re meant to be together. I don’t care how cliché this sounds but, you and I, we’re a match made in heaven.”

 Sehun wasn’t so sure but what Luhan said, sounded like a confession sans the three magic words. But either way, Sehun agreed with Luhan. He felt it in every fiber of his being; he and Luhan were meant to be. A true match made in heaven.

“I don’t understand still,” Sehun said, looking up at Luhan, “but I believe you.”

That’s what mattered.

And to seal the deal: a sweet, tender kiss.

 


(little font bc there's a lot but won't seem like so much since small)

A/N: A real update finally!! haha sorry for making you all wait so long orz I was having trouble with this chapter tbh and it didn't really go according to plan so now I need to change a couple things up. Idk yet though. We'll see what happens. But I haven't said thank you in a while so I'm saying it now: Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing (even though none of that is necessary)!!

Tbh I probably could have ended this here and just tied up a couple odds and ends. But no. We need to see this to the end especially after I made such an ordeal over you guys choosing the ending. And let me thank again those who have voted. I really appreciate it. 

Before I forget, I start school on the 23rd this month so I'm going to be busy again. I apologize in advance that I'll probably not update often (not that I am now....). Before I go back, I'll try to update again, but no promises.

Well I think this A/N is a bit too long now but I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!