Chapter 19

Unexpected Turn of Events

 

 

Sehun hasn’t been lucid dreaming, though he has been dreaming regularly. Sehun wasn’t sure why. Sure, he’s had bouts of not being able to lucid dream but this time just seemed different to him. But sadly Sehun couldn’t think about this problem; he was late for school, again.

Why do I always do this to myself? Sehun thought, rushing out of his house.

 

So far Sehun’s school day’s been fairly boring, but thankfully, Yixing was being dumb, providing Sehun with some entertainment. Sehun was so thankful to have such a great friend like Yixing.

“You haven’t been dreaming again, have you,” Yixing stated rather than asked, sitting himself down at once of the cafeteria tables.

“That obvious?” Sehun asked, sitting beside Yixing. “But yeah, you’re right.”

“You know why?”

“No idea, really,” Sehun replied. “The last time I dreamt I was with Luhan at the end.”

“Eh, that guy again,” Yixing said.

“Uh, what’s with the attitude, guy?” Sehun questioned.

“What attitude? I’m just being me,” Yixing replied, making a duck face while making a victory sign with his hand.

“No, you’re not,” Sehun said. “Are you feeling okay?”

“Perfectly fine, dumb-dumb,” Yixing said.

“Alright, if you say so.”

After a short moment of quietness, Yixing spoke up, “Actually not fine, dumb-dumb.”

“Yeah, I figured as much. Care to elaborate?”

“Hmm, I’m really not sure how to explain it, but I just feel funny.”

“Well it’s not a good funny if you aren’t fine, right?”

“Well, that’s the part that I’m not really sure of. I feel funny but I don’t know if it’s good or bad yet,” Yixing sighed. “But let’s get back to the matter at hand: no lucid dreaming.”

Sehun sighed, “There’s really nothing more to say. You asked why and I said I didn’t know. That’s all there is to it.”

Yixing sighed as well.

 

This trend of not lucid dreaming continued for the next month or so. Sehun lost track of the last time he’s lucid dreamt. He used to keep a dream journal when he first started, but since he was dreaming so steadily, he stopped. Maybe stopping was a bad idea.

Sehun tried meditating during this forced hiatus, but it wasn’t helping in the slightest. He referred back to his manual and tried some of the techniques for falling into a lucid dream again.

The best result he got was him falling into this limbo-like state. In this limbo state, Sehun was completely aware of the fact that he was sleeping and dreaming, but there wasn’t anyone there; it was completely black, void of all imagery and noise. It was rather frightening for Sehun, since he hasn’t ever experienced something quite like that before. It was even more frightening when he started feeling his body tingle, something like vibrations going through his body. That was a onetime deal Sehun hoped to never experience again.

Sehun decided after a while, that maybe it would be best to just try to and forget about lucid dreaming for a while; let his mind take a break. Maybe his mind was just too tired from always being conscious. Sehun didn’t really know, but he figured his body would do what’s best for itself.

 

Today was Thursday, and that meant the final quarter of school just started. This also meant that Sehun didn’t have gym anymore, instead he had health. Which was totally cool with Sehun; he didn’t really like having to get changed and participate and get sweaty, etc. He was rather happy that he could stay inside a nice, air conditioned room.

Also, he gym teacher, now health teacher, seemed to not care for health that much, so this class should be a total breeze. And c’mon, it’s health; not exactly a difficult class. An easy A.

“Well, this will either be the most boring class we have, or it’s going to be funniest; which do you think?” Yixing asked, looking about the classroom, analyzing their classmates.

“Hmm, with the way that some of these idiots act, probably funny,” Sehun answered. “But you never know.”

“Agreed,” Yixing said, nodding slightly. “Can’t wait to see how people react when we watch that birthing video.”

“Oh gross, guy,” Sehun frowned, face contorted in disgust. “I am not ready to see a baby get pushed out of a .”

“Well no ,” Yixing deadpanned. “I’m not looking forward to actually watching either but, oh my God, can you imagine some of their faces? Oh, it’ll be priceless. I’ll have to make sure I bring my camera.”

“You seriously disgust me,” Sehun scowled, looking away from Yixing. “Don’t talk to me again.”

“But Sehunnie –”

“No buts! And no ‘Sehunnie,’” Sehun said, finality clear in his voice. “End of discussion.”

A few moments later…

“I was kidding, , so don’t act like a kicked puppy,” Sehun said, rolling his eyes at Yixing.

“Well, you never know with you,” Yixing said.

“You’re my best friend, and I’m yours,” Sehun said. “So talking is a must.”

“You’re so dumb,” Yixing smiled. “This is probably why we’re friends in the first place; your dumb attracted me to you.”

“My dumb attracted me to you,” Sehun repeated. “I’m not going to take that as a compliment.”

“I wasn’t expecting you to,” Yixing laughed.

“Good.”

And the bell rang, ending their class and signifying that they had about four minutes to get to their final class of the day.

 

Sehun’s last class went by in a blur. His literature teacher was always so boring explaining this and that about whatever book Sehun read but couldn’t be bothered to really comprehend any of it. So instead of paying attention like he should have, he more or less stared at the blackboard, occasionally looking out the window closest to him.

 

The next school day went on much like the previous day, all until the end of his last class. He was walking out of the school, like any other day; nothing strange or weird, just normal.

But Sehun was wrong.

Sehun was sure he was dreaming. Or Chen was wrong and the Sehun really did break the universe. Sehun wasn’t sure about much at this point, but he was definitely sure his mouth was open and gaping, eyes bugging.

Luhan was standing just outside the school’s gates.  

Luhan was standing just outside the school’s gates.

“Sehunnie!” Luhan shouted, smiling the smile that made Sehun weak in the knees. “Surprise!”

 

 


A/N: don't hate me bc of cliffhanger /hides

um yeah so luhan is here \o/  but lmao poor sehunnie, he keeps thinking he's breaking the universe. oh he's my favorite dumb ever♥ and yixing is probably my favorite character in this tbh. and talking about senior year health class, we did watch a lady giving birth and it was the nastiest thing i've ever watched tbh ugh just thinking about it makes me all skeeved out and no pls but anways

also i've posted The City of Gold !! um idk what to say about it since it's a baby but um it exists lol 

i'll try to get the next chapter out soon but cries school work kills and work too, especially since we've got a new boss (though this is a good thing!) but my workload just got a bit more intense and my hands and elbows and fingers etc. are hurting badly :c don't get tendinitis ever ok but um i'm done now. hope you enjoyed!